Season Ticket Poll 2017/18

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Are you going to be a season ticket holder for 2017/18

Yes I will renew
17%
Undecided
10%
No I will not renew
22%
Not a season ticket holder but considering buying one
2%
Not a season ticket holder and don't intend on buying one
49%

Total votes: 41

charlton837

Season Ticket Poll 2017/18

Post by charlton837 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:15 pm

I thought it would be interesting to get an idea of who on here is going to be renewing now that the ST details are released. I myself will be but im not happy about it, its almost like I cant give it up... Even though I know I don't enjoy much of it anymore, I considered just going to more away games but I know come next season on a sat I will regret not renewing so for me I have made my decision. But on this forum are many of the "die hard" fans the club feel they can rely on for renewals

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Season Ticket Poll 2017/18

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 pm

For the record, to keep the poll more accurate, I haven't voted as it's obvious with me living in Edinburgh, I won't be buying one. Certainly will be interesting to see how this poll goes.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:13 pm

I also can't vote cos I've got a 3 yr ST.....into my 2nd yr next season. So I suppose , yes I am renewing. If I hadn't got this arrangement I'd be waiting to see what happens at the Club over the summer go to the better fixtures , probably more away ones, and if things. looked ok i might get a 1/2 yr ST at Xmas.

My friend has been a Town fan since the 1960's and has been paying concession prices for last 3yrs....but now has to.find a massive amount for next season. She's not renewing.

Thd Club are utter prices and Milne has stated again today that the Club will not back track on price increases.

Well they deserve all they get next season

f*ck off Evans

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:42 am

It's renew for me, Ipswich till I die and all that. I will be there long after these pricks have departed whether it be Derby, Rotherham, Rochdale, Barnet etc I will be there. The phoenix will rise again.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:44 am

marko69 wrote:For the record, to keep the poll more accurate, I haven't voted as it's obvious with me living in Edinburgh, I won't be buying one. Certainly will be interesting to see how this poll goes.
I did think of you when I thought of the answers! But to be honest I think we should look at a straight swap, Christophe Berra for you, we could do with the extra fan!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:48 am

bluemike wrote:It's renew for me, Ipswich till I die and all that. I will be there long after these pricks have departed whether it be Derby, Rotherham, Rochdale, Barnet etc I will be there. The phoenix will rise again.
Fair play to you, I am the same in reality, all this sh*te has just got me down as it feels like we are not even respected anymore. I'm all for some away games to the likes of the lower league teams if we have to, but of course we need to try and make sure we don't get relegated. As i go to the games with my old man i asked him what he wanted to do, and his response was "i will not let these knobheads force me out of my own club, I was here before them and will be here long after" so sounds like a few fans have this view.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 am

charlton837 wrote:
marko69 wrote:For the record, to keep the poll more accurate, I haven't voted as it's obvious with me living in Edinburgh, I won't be buying one. Certainly will be interesting to see how this poll goes.
I did think of you when I thought of the answers! But to be honest I think we should look at a straight swap, Christophe Berra for you, we could do with the extra fan!
If he goes to Hearts......., DEAL!

longjohn

Post by longjohn » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm

I am one of the 800 affected by the 'Seniors' change. Its not about the money for me, its McCarthy. I've watched with gritted teeth as he was hailed as a saint for saving us from relegation, although it took him until the penultimate match of the season to do so, and in truth any half competent manager should have done the same with that squad. I also watched as he got lucky when Murphy fired us into the play-offs, even though the standard of football wasn't that great. Since then I struggle to remember any games where I can honestly say I have been entertained - other than appreciating the football played by the away teams (Fulham and Brentford spring to mind this season). Truth is I have never liked McCarthy's brand of football and never thought he was a good fit for ITFC.

I have been going for 20 years and I want to renew. I will not renew if McCarthy stays. I will simply cancel my direct debit on 30 April if McCarthy hasn't gone by then or his departure at the end of the season hasn't been announced.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:05 pm

With a faceless, out of touch owner, with highly dubious business practices and questionable motives for running this football club. With a CE who, by his own admission, knows very little about the sharp end of football, has no real influence over his boss, but apparently is happy to act as his bitch. With a manager who, whilst scoring highly on honesty and integrity, is very much 'old school', over cautious and risk averse, stubborn, arrogant and one dimensional. With a bunch of players who, whilst mostly giving their best in terms of effort and commitment, are never going to be anywhere near achieving play offs, or better. With a club that I've supported for 46 odd years and whose history and future transcends all of the above. Am I going to renew? You fuc*ing bet I am!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 pm

You have to ask what really happened when Sheepshanks was discussing the sale of ITFC to Evans that the screening that is normally done - " due dillegence"? .....that it didnt pick up some of the, since reported, dubious practices by the Evans Corporation!

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 pm

hallamblue wrote:You have to ask what really happened when Sheepshanks was discussing the sale of ITFC to Evans that the screening that is normally done - " due dillegence"? .....that it didnt pick up some of the, since reported, dubious practices by the Evans Corporation!
None so blind, HB, as those who don't want to see!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 am

It's impossible to be in possession of a season ticket as distance won't permit it but for arguments sake if provided the chance (i.e. residing close enough to attend regular) would jump at the opportunity to purchase one regardless of how poor it's been yet again this campaign. Take into consideration those who are skeptical about renewal of ticket but these will be the ones who have been present for considerable time and maybe fancy some time away from it as we continue to underachieve.

It's just having the privilege of being there and rooting for the team. A good many of the club support don't have that opportunity. In all truth f*ck Evans and Mick McCarthy and the damage they have imposed on us in recent time, add to that the increase in cost departments, just would welcome the opportunity to be in regular attendance and view the club I have followed for more years that can care to remember. Once again, good or bad, it's a privilege that some will take for granted.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:33 am

It's just having the privilege of being there and rooting for the team. A good many of the club support don't have that opportunity. In all truth f*ck Evans and Mick McCarthy and the damage they have imposed on us in recent time, add to that the increase in cost departments, just would welcome the opportunity to be in regular attendance and view the club I have followed for more years that can care to remember. Once again, good or bad, it's a privilege that some will take for granted.

Funny, I was thinking along the same lines mate

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Frosty wrote:

Lest you forget Frosty, you do have the privilege of chasing sheep on the mountains. Not a bad trade off, yeah?? :lol:

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:39 pm

I've had a season ticket for 15+ years but have decided not to renew for a number of reasons. I live in Twickenham, a 240 mile round trip and have been attending most of the home matches over the years but it is a pig of a journey, particularly for the midweek evening games, and it came to a head for me recently on the day of the Wolves match . I set off at 3.30pm which should have got me to Ipswich by 7pm at the very latest (rush hour traffic on the A12 etc.) By 7.30pm I'd just reached the M11/M25 junction and just headed home as I wouldn't have even made the 2nd half. Now obviously every journey is not that bad but with at least 6 Tuesday evening starts each season enough is enough. I'm 69 so its not the fact that I wouldn't be getting my reduced ticket but I don't feel I'm saving anything with a season ticket.
In addition I've had enough of Mick McCarthy's style of football. I did enjoy the season we made the playoffs but since then I can't see any sign of improvement. I'll still come to Portman Road and away matches (I always worked on the basis that if the away game wasn't any further from SW London than PR I'd try and go) but with no more than 15000 attending games at PR this season I might as well pick and choose games and do have the option of a half season ticket if a miracle happens and we are playing attractive football the Ipswich way.

ps If MM does go and accepting that ME and his advisors are or have been clueless about picking managers, they could do a lot worse than picking the next Manager that Watford sack! I'm only half joking!!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:26 pm

bluemike wrote:It's renew for me, Ipswich till I die and all that. I will be there long after these pricks have departed whether it be Derby, Rotherham, Rochdale, Barnet etc I will be there. The phoenix will rise again.
Well said BM, :( but I fear the latter teams may be forth coming ?????

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 pm

I think we will just about get away with it this season Ash, however this Summer could well turn out to be one of the most important in ITFC'S history, get it wrong and we could well be playing at Rochdale on a cold, dank Tuesday evening.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 pm

number 9 wrote:
Frosty wrote:

Lest you forget Frosty, you do have the privilege of chasing sheep on the mountains. Not a bad trade off, yeah?? :lol:

I'm getting too old to catch them mate :lol:

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:48 pm

ashfordblue wrote:

Whilst we are not showing any positive signs at the moment I think we will be OK this season. Im fairly confident we will get at least 4 points from next 2 home games, Birmingham and Wigan are poor. So I don't think we will go this season. However unless we sort ourselves out from top to bottom we could easily be in one of those relegation spots next season.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:08 pm

charlton837 wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:

Whilst we are not showing any positive signs at the moment I think we will be OK this season. Im fairly confident we will get at least 4 points from next 2 home games, Birmingham and Wigan are poor. So I don't think we will go this season. However unless we sort ourselves out from top to bottom we could easily be in one of those relegation spots next season.
I think you will find we are about the same over the last 10 games town 10Pts Birmingham 8Pts Wigan 9Pts
Wigan with 2 wins Away at Wolves and Birmingham 1-0
Birmingham 2 wins Home to Fulham 1-0 away to Wolves 2-1
We only have the 1 win away to Villa 1-0
If they are poor so are we both games will probably be draws MM WONT want to play attacking football for fear of losing.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:33 pm

taking a slightly different view on this.

16....Wolves....Pl.37.......45 points
17...Ipswich....Pl.38.......45 points

Well I have not exactly given up hope on the play off’s yet for both of us.
Sheffield Wed only have 62 points so are very catchable,

Wolves. possibly another 27 points. Thats 72 points.
Town.... possibly another 24 points, thats 69 points .

Keep the faith Hic Hic.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 am

Hic Hic indeed, Wolferino! Pass that bottle over here, buddy! :D

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:22 am

goldandblack wrote:taking a slightly different view on this.

16....Wolves....Pl.37.......45 points
17...Ipswich....Pl.38.......45 points

Well I have not exactly given up hope on the play off’s yet for both of us.
Sheffield Wed only have 62 points so are very catchable,

Wolves. possibly another 27 points. Thats 72 points.
Town.... possibly another 24 points, thats 69 points .

Keep the faith Hic Hic.
Final refuge of the long-suffering, frustrated, slightly pi**ed supporter - Black humour! (Or, more accurately, Black Country humour...... :D

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Just sent e-mail to ticket office to notify them that daughter and myself won't be renewing next season.

Hard decision to make but the tipping point for me was the decision to change the concession price band qualifying age for the 2017/18 season from 60 to 65 years. Will now have to rely on our roving reporter, aka bluemike, :lol: for what has happened at home games.

Will no doubt still take in some away games next season and hope to catch up with some of our members then.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Shed on tour wrote:Just sent e-mail to ticket office to notify them that daughter and myself won't be renewing next season.

Hard decision to make but the tipping point for me was the decision to change the concession price band qualifying age for the 2017/18 season from 60 to 65 years. Will now have to rely on our roving reporter, aka bluemike, :lol: for what has happened at home games.

Will no doubt still take in some away games next season and hope to catch up with some of our members then.
I understand that the phone has been very busy in the ticket office. It will be interesting to see how many join you in not renewing. I think they have shot themselves in the foot with the 60-65s.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

I don't think the club will lose too many. Ok, the price has gone up, but it's the football that's inevitably pushing people away. Let's face it......,, IF (big if) the football was decent and they still altered the 60/65s prices, not many would care, they'd renew. It's just seen as a second slap in the dish due to sh*t football.

Got to admit, if Hibs done it, I wouldn't miss the old c*nt who sits near me.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Andym wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:Just sent e-mail to ticket office to notify them that daughter and myself won't be renewing next season.

I understand that the phone has been very busy in the ticket office. It will be interesting to see how many join you in not renewing. I think they have shot themselves in the foot with the 60-65s.

As much as it saddens me as a younger fan I get the impression the club don't care about the 60-65s. They were willing to take a hit on the numbers of them renewing in the hope they will get younger fans in. Total rubbish if you ask me and a huge uncalculated risk, but then again are we really that surprised. I know the club offered to subsidise the increase by 50% for first season if your affected by this but seems stupid to me. The club could have easily avoided all this bad PR on the 60-65 if they just said those in that bracket who are ST holders are not affected, it is for new applicants only. That way I don't think anyone would have had a problem?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:39 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Andym wrote:

As much as it saddens me as a younger fan I get the impression the club don't care about the 60-65s. They were willing to take a hit on the numbers of them renewing in the hope they will get younger fans in. Total rubbish if you ask me and a huge uncalculated risk, but then again are we really that surprised. I know the club offered to subsidise the increase by 50% for first season if your affected by this but seems stupid to me. The club could have easily avoided all this bad PR on the 60-65 if they just said those in that bracket who are ST holders are not affected, it is for new applicants only. That way I don't think anyone would have had a problem?
Apparently that is what the majority of other clubs have done when increasing the qualifying age limit from 60-65. I think you are correct in your impression that the club don't care about the 60-65's especially as this only affected 800 season ticket holders. The other thing is although the club is subsidising the increase by 50% for the coming season it still means an increase of 19% on the price paid this season for a season ticket for those 800 affected by the change.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:06 pm

I guess in modern day football that's the thanks you get for all the years of support and money that you have paid into the club via season tickets, shirts, merchandise. In recent years ive been feeling a bit disconnected with football in general, I enjoyed the year we made the playoffs but only because it felt like we were a united club. But in general I think money has ruined football. Ive been reading "game changers" by Arnold Muhren and its a really good book, makes me wish I was around watching football in those days, when it really was about the fans and nothing else really mattered. Players lived good lives but were not mega rich superstars.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:16 pm

charlton837 wrote:I guess in modern day football that's the thanks you get for all the years of support and money that you have paid into the club via season tickets, shirts, merchandise. In recent years ive been feeling a bit disconnected with football in general, I enjoyed the year we made the playoffs but only because it felt like we were a united club. But in general I think money has ruined football. Ive been reading "game changers" by Arnold Muhren and its a really good book, makes me wish I was around watching football in those days, when it really was about the fans and nothing else really mattered. Players lived good lives but were not mega rich superstars.
As you say it was very different in those days.
I remember getting on a London bound train from Ipswich station after a game in the early 70's and David Johnson, the first one :lol:, jumped on just before it was about to leave. He just sat in 2nd class with us fans talking about the game. Now the player would probably have to ring his agent to see what fee he would get paid! :lol: