Championship Clubs spending table over 5 yrs

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Championship Clubs spending table over 5 yrs

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:27 pm

ttp://www.transferleague.co.uk/championship-t ... ive-season

So looking actual SPENDING, Town are more like a league two club than a championship club. I make it just £345k per season....... and Evans has by and large pocketed a good £10m ...allowing for wages .
The tossa!

Good response by a Town fan on twtd I feel...........>>>>>>>>

>>>>Totally depressing. 

In 5 years we have spent £1.7m and brought in £14.7m. 

All those that still seem to think Evans puts in £8m a year seem to have missed the excellent Swiss Ramble piece that suggests he's put something like £500k in over 4 years because we are funding the losses with player sales. Evans isn't actually investing anything at all now is he? 

To think that in those 4 years (of which Mick has got us 6th, 7th and 9th and within a real chance of making the Premier League, which is obviously Evans aim) Mick hasn't even been backed to go and get a £2m player, even in seasons where we've made treble that (I don't care if we've 'reportedly' bid that - we haven't paid it). 

You'd have thought with Mings going for £8m, Evans could have banked £3m as an amazing return on a £10k investment and given Mick some real money. But no. It had to all be offset to stop Evans having to put his own money in. 

That's incredibly telling. We aren't even spending 20% of transfer fees in on transfer fees out. If that complete contrast from throwing millions on Keane and Jewell doesn't convince the last remaining few that Evans doesn't care / has lost interest / has no idea what to do then nothing will. 

Brentford are in their third season at this level and in the last 5 years (including League One for 2 seasons obviously) they have spent almost ten times what we have, whilst receiving slightly more than us the other way. ROTHERHAM have spent more than us on fees and we have received 10 times more than them in transfer fees out! 

You can ignore the parachute clubs to a certain extent, some of whom, like Norwich, have spent almost 50 times what we have. But even the mid-table Championship fodder or promoted League One clubs have spent 5-15 times more than us on fees, in some cases receiving less in. 

How on earth can you keep that up and not head closer to League One each year? Mick has worked miracles, although he is now a heavy contributory factor to our issues.

goldandblack

Re: Championship Clubs spending table over 5 yrs

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Good reading there Hallam.

and you town fans worry about your clubs future...i can see the small print between the lines in this statement.have a look at this rubbish coming from the Mol.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wol ... n-players/

All set up for Mr special agent to milk the club to add to his pile IMO.

perhaps this man could help the Town out
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/who ... ves-happen

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:27 pm

I think Marcus Evans should be replaced with Tyrone Mings on the home kit for next season in League 1!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:50 am

League One is a matter of time under the current structure. Whether this season or next couple of years it's inevitable.

I believe that Evans won't be unhappy if we get relegated. Why? Lesser 'investment' to keep us afloat and all rejects not good enough for Southend, Peterborough and Northampton won't demand big wages when offered deals by Ipswich.

If we survive then the next season is going to be gruelling, painful relegation battle.