Maybe there is a God after all?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Maybe there is a God after all?

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Maybe there is a God after all?

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:14 pm

I wouldn't get too excited, heard rumour after rumour over the years and none are ever true.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:50 pm

The whole thing has hit a bit of a brick wall, no doubt in everyones opinion. Like Number 9 said on the match day thread ----> two weeks to get something together to beat Birmingham City, @ PR?! So something needs to give. I hope it's true. Whether it's a financial loss or not; Mevans leaving can only be a positive. Hopefully it is a wealthy enough group of Dutchmen who love their football and have a bit more balls to invest. Not saying Mevans didn't invest; obviously he did. Roy feckin Keane wasn't cheap with his wage and sh*te FannyPad signings......, but, if the truth were known, that very cockend of a man is no doubt part of the reason Mevans fears bigger investment. He's run his course. Hopefully there is a God, Hallam and hopefully it's all true.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:24 pm

Er! What is today's date?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Aaaaaaahhhhhh, sh*t. Forgot about that.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:57 pm

barmy billy wrote:Er! What is today's date?
The date alone is enough for skepticism. What all of the sudden it's April First and this news item comes to the fore ? Seems like a number of people have fallen for it though.

"Somebody heard a rumor", these things are a dime a dozen and 95 per cent of the time come to nothing, today only harms any increased chance of credibility.

Fair enough if there's any truth in it then I apologize unreservedly, but reading what was presented, doesn't appear far detached from the realms of fantasy. Make no mistake about it, I want Marcus Evans and his sorry as* out from this club as much as the next, but you're going to have wait a little while longer for the time in question.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:03 am

all I will say is Ely_Blue and the other poster who'd heard something similar are not the usual f....wits that post on that forum and are quite reasoned and rounded Town fans.

Of course it us a "rumour" but there just maybe something in it. Time will tell. Yet another interesting summer lays ahead. But this is probably the most important summer in the Clubs history - ever.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:25 am

It's the most important (and concerning) summer ever IF the club stay up.

IF the club are relegated, it's a summer of "FK THEM, don't give a sh*t, I'm off to Sicily."

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:37 am

I'm pretty sceptical about these rumours.

I just care about getting enough points to stay in the Championship at the moment.

Ive taken it for granted ME will be here next season..... we'll see. Just don't want the ME/MM combination here anymore.

ME could well be the devil and MM being unfairly cast as his loyal whipping boy.... but MM seems resigned to churning out the same old, same old. Something has to change and I think it's more likely we'll have a change in manager.

I don't even think MM with money is a sure winner.... he's lost something ( especially with the fans) and I can't see him getting it back.

If we start next season with these two still here that would be so depressing.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:58 am

Well if it takes as long to complete as the Batistuta signing then I'm not getting too excited yet.:wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:03 am

Reading some of the morons who comment on this link saddens me that there is such goons following our club, whether it be true or not (which it obviously isn't) some of the stuff spewed out is total nonsense and very laughable.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:34 am

When times are bad like at the moment the rumour mill will always be working overtime.
The one doing the rounds near me yesterday was that Teddy Bishop had been left out because he had put in a transfer request.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:36 am

Didn't actually read all the replies, but scanned through them. I see an ex poster from this site is still a f**king d!ck.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:42 am

marko69 wrote:Didn't actually read all the replies, but scanned through them. I see an ex poster from this site is still a f**king d!ck.
LOL I wonder who that could possibly be.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:46 am

Was like going back in a time machine reading his shitty, superiority, condescending style.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:00 pm

marko69 wrote:Didn't actually read all the replies, but scanned through them. I see an ex poster from this site is still a f**king d!ck.
Haha...there's also a No.9 over there! It's like the alter-egos of TB.com!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:43 pm

number 9 wrote:
It's the Arnie M that is the real sh*t-stirrer!!!!!

Sorry, Hallam, only joking... I'm guessing you're ArnieM from reading similar posts on both sites.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Herbivore? ? :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:26 pm

tangfastic wrote:
number 9 wrote:
It's the Arnie M that is the real sh*t-stirrer!!!!!

Sorry, Hallam, only joking... I'm guessing you're ArnieM from reading similar posts on both sites.

Who??........

Yes, I "fess" up lol :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:28 pm

marko69 wrote:Was like going back in a time machine reading his shitty, superiority, condescending style.

They do take the p*ss out of him marko , so they've marked his card :lol:

jeremy rusher

Post by jeremy rusher » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:42 am

As someone on the TWTD forum wrote, what will supporters think if Mick McCarthy is relieved of the managers job and then employed as "director of football" and Terry Conner is installed as the new team manager.

Now that decision would probably lose another bunch of loyal supporters. No one really knows what is going to happen at this club anymore. The abusive singing during the Birmingham game is a big sign the fans have had enough of this Evans-McCarthy fiasco.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:46 am

Posted by Dutch, Town fan.........Make of it what you will. But I say, no smoke without fire!

This week I was talking to an Ipswich mate when he mentioned he heard a rumour that ‘Town would get a Dutch manager that was currently not working in the Eredivisie (Dutch PL)’. I asked where he heard this and his answer was ‘a gas station in Cardiff’. I obviously laughed it away and told him that there would only be one manager in the Dutch Championship (Jupiler League) that I would want to see at Town; Maurice Steijn. He’s the current manager of VVV-Venlo a club that I support since I can walk.

I didn’t put much thought into the whole thing. This week the rumours of a ‘Dutch consortium’ came about and I still didn’t think much of it. Last night at the VVV game we were talking about Steijn and how he hasn’t renewed his contract yet despite VVV going up in a matter of days. I told a mate I heard a rumour that Town would get a Dutch Manager and that it might be Steijn. He immediately said ‘Well, in that case ‘The Carpet King’ has be involved. And that actually makes sense.

Who’s ‘The Carpet King’? His name is John van Zweden. A former ADO den Haag Hooligan who bought 1/5 of Swansea City about 25 years ago for 50k. Fast forward 25 years and last year van Zweden sold his interest in Swansea for about 20 million pound. Van Zweden and Steijn are very good mates. I also know van Zweden has a huge soft spot for Ipswich. I follow him on twitter where I repeatedly seen him talk about Ipswich with Tom van Hulsen (writher of the book ‘Game Changers’ on Muhren and Thijssen) about how the club should be in in the Premier League and just last night he tweeted that Steijn would be a perfect manager for Town.

He’s also a bit of controversial person. Like I said he’s former Hooligan with ‘f*ck you money’ and pretty much behaves that way. He called the current Chinese owner of ADO a gook and what not. He’s called The Carpet King (actually The Wall Paper King, but I like Carpet King better, lol) because he – still – has a wallpaper and carpet shop in The Hague.

So, if there is such a thing as a Dutch Consortium odds are likely van Zweden is involved. Obviously 20 Million Pounds isn’t going to get you anywhere but maybe he got some people interested in repeating the Swansea story at Ipswich. I would like him being involved in Town very much over some Chinese or Arab fellow. He’s a proper football man that for sure.

With regard to Steijn. Good manager. Though as nails and doesn’t seem to have any favourites in a team. I haven’t disagreed with his starting line up once in 3 years.

So, make of this what you want. Probably not much but thought it was worth sharing.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:51 am

@Official_ITFC will be a great club for Maurice Steijn.
10:52 pm · 7 Apr 2017 from Geldermalsen, Nederland

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnvanzweden

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:18 am

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/403620/vide ... e-yet)/#21

We'll that rumour wont go away will it, not in Holland, anyway.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:12 pm

number 9 wrote:

I wondered for a moment if that was you, but the tone just didn't match up :wink:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:
number 9 wrote:

I wondered for a moment if that was you, but the tone just didn't match up :wink:
I'll take that as a compliment Ohio,...I think?? Haha...come on we all know Ohio's really Jeremy Rusher and Frosty's really Marko haha!

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:12 pm

:lol: Nah, it's all good