Ipswich Town v Wigan Athletic preview and matchday thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

An end to the bore draws?

Ipswich Town win
45%
Draw
36%
Wigan Athletic win
18%

Total votes: 11

Jamma123

Ipswich Town v Wigan Athletic preview and matchday thread

Post by Jamma123 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:23 pm

ImageIpswich Town v Wigan Athletic Image

Tuesday 4th April 2017 – 19:45

Portman Road

Jamma's Opening Thought

There are a number of moments, matches or statistics that could be said to epitomise Ipswich Town in 2016/17, and in fact that could be a debate all of its own. Would it be our part in the stat that still has Rotherham’s draw at Portman Road in October as their sole point on the road all campaign? Or is it the Blues’ impressive unbeaten run in February and March, which nevertheless yielded just the one win from eight outings? To both of these records you could ascribe the label ‘Typical Ipswich’, and the same can be said of Saturday’s latest draw, against Birmingham. The stalemate was universally acknowledged as another scrappy, turgid affair between two sides desperately short on quality and confidence, featuring a Town display which mirrored any number of other games this season where we have lacked creativity and invention. And yet, thanks to a fortuitous strike from Grant Ward, who admitted that his freak goal was intended as a cross, we somehow ended the day a point further away from the relegation zone. Tantalisingly for the fans, we aren’t picking up sufficient points to pull away from trouble, but are just doing enough to tread water…for now. It feels like a lifetime ago, but cast your minds back to the beginning of the season and we seemed to be bemoaning our bad luck every other week due to some poor refereeing decision or other. Well we certainly can’t put our recent slump down to misfortune and, if anything, we have been lucky not to have dropped further points, due for the most part to some more sublime goalkeeping from Bartosz Bialkowski. If Tom Lawrence has most often proved to be the matchwinner with his stunning goals, then Bart is surely the only one who can rival him for Player of the Season in terms of the number of times he has kept us in contention with some breath-taking saves. He was at it again against Birmingham, not least with two crucial interventions at the death, first saving from Lukas Jutkiewicz’s point-blank shot before somehow keeping out David McGoldrick’s unintentional back-header from the resultant corner. Not for the first time in recent weeks, we could count ourselves fortunate to escape with a draw following an under-par performance.

The main talking point surrounding the team selection on Saturday was obviously Jonathan Douglas’ surprise recall to the starting line-up for the first time since Boxing Day. I have nothing against Douglas as a player, and I don’t necessarily think that playing two defensively-minded midfielders was wrong, considering we also had three strikers and the forward-thinking Grant Ward on the pitch. But if I hadn’t already suspected that Mick McCarthy was sticking two fingers up at the fans with his selection, his efforts to defend his decision hardly did himself any favours. To imply that he had little alternative when Toumani Diagouraga was on the bench was disingenuous at best, and an insult to the supporters’ intelligence. And now, in the latest episode of 'Douglas-gate', McCarthy has said that he thought the under-fire midfielder was 'probably our best player' on Saturday. Again, nothing against Douglas personally, but our manager does seem to be going to Mourinho-esque lengths in defending his player while trying to make a point. In the same week as Mick had stressed the importance of sticking together as a club, his comments have risked stretching an already fractious relationship to breaking point. Instead of being able to concentrate on securing the wins still needed to preserve our Championship status, we have seen the focus drawn back to the simmering tensions between supporters, manager and owner. With all the media coverage that this has attracted, it certainly won’t have gone unnoticed by our upcoming opponents, not to mention rivals for the drop. The next team we welcome to Suffolk, Wigan, tick both of those boxes. Having failed to secure the win against Birmingham, we have piled the pressure on ourselves further as the games start to run out…

The Opposition – Wigan Athletic

Founded in 1932, the club has played at the DW Stadium since 1999, sharing the stadium with rugby league club Wigan Warriors.

They previously played at Springfield Park for 67 years.

Wigan Athletic played in the lower Leagues until 2nd June 1978, when they were finally elected to the Football League after 34 attempts and near misses over the preceding 46 years, including one controversial but headline-making application in 1972 to join the Scottish League Second Division.

They gained their first Football League promotion under the management of former Liverpool player Larry Lloyd in 1981–82, when a points tally of 91 saw them join the former Division Three for the first time, beginning a 10-year spell in English football's third tier, until they were relegated for the first time in the club's League history in 1992–93.

Wigan struggled in the fourth tier of English Football, finishing well down the table, and average attendances fell to 1,845 by 1995.

Local entrepreneur Dave Whelan acquired the club in 1995, providing funds to move into the JJB Stadium, now named the DW Stadium in his honour.

Through Whelan's business connections in Spain, he attracted three Spaniards to the club – Roberto Martínez, Isidro Diaz, and Jesus Seba – who became known as 'The Three Amigos'.

Whelan appointed John Deehan as manager during the 1995–96 season. Deehan took the Latics within two points of a play-off place in his first season, and the following year Wigan Athletic became Division Three champions.

In the summer of 2001, highly-regarded young manager Paul Jewell took over the reins. His first season in charge saw mixed results, but Jewell's second season in charge was far more successful. Wigan Athletic went on a run to the quarter-finals of the League Cup, and won the Division Two championship, securing promotion to the second tier of the English Football League for the first time in their history.

After losing their first ever game in Division One, Wigan Athletic confounded expectations to go unbeaten for the next 17 games and finish seventh in Division One.

The following season , in the last home fixture, the Latics won promotion to the top division of the English football for the first time in their 73-year history by finishing second in the League.

The club's first ever Premier League season (2005-06) saw a 10th place finish, which remains the club's highest ever league placing.

Over the next four seasons, Wigan struggled for Premier survival, with a number of managers taking the helm over this period.

Wigan appointed Roberto Martínez, then manager of Swansea City, as manager prior to the 2009–10 Premier League season.

At the beginning of the 2010–11 season, Wigan fell to the bottom of the league by the end of February. However, despite remaining in the bottom three for the majority of the season, the Latics managed to retain their Premier League status on the last day of the season.

In the 2011-12 season, Wigan reached the FA Cup final for the first time in their history and went on to beat Manchester City 1–0, with a goal in injury time, earning a place in the following season’s Europa League. Unfortunately for Wigan, this season also ended their eight-year spell in the Premier League and they became the first team to be relegated and win the FA Cup in the same season.

On 14 June 2013, Dave Whelan revealed that a deal had been agreed with Owen Coyle to become the new manager of Wigan Athletic, replacing outgoing manager Roberto Martínez, who left for Everton. Coyle left the club by mutual agreement on 2 December 2013 having won seven games out of twenty-three. Uwe Rosler replaced him on 7 December.

On 9 March 2014, Wigan beat Manchester City in the 6th Round of the FA Cup to reach the semi-final at Wembley for the second successive year, where they played Arsenal, and lost on penalties after normal time and extra time resulted in a 1–1 draw. After finishing 5th in the Championship, Wigan lost their Championship play-off semi-final to Queens Park Rangers.

Rösler was sacked in November 2014 with the club in the relegation places, and was replaced by Malky Mackay. Whelan resigned as chairman on 3 March 2015, remaining as owner but handing over the chairmanship to his grandson David Sharpe. The following month, with Wigan in danger of relegation to League One, Mackay was sacked and replaced by former Wigan captain Gary Caldwell, yet the team ended the season with relegation.

Over the following summer the club underwent a transformation, with the majority of the playing staff that had been relegated leaving and a raft of new signings arriving.

The club soon found themselves challenging for promotion in the play-off places by mid-November. Following an impressive run of form in the second half of the season, in which the side lost only once in 23 matches, the club effectively sealed promotion at the first attempt.

The Gaffer – Graham Barrow

Past Match – Video Highlights – Trev

3 MASSIVE points in the fog:

Media Watch – K L Blue

New club secretary:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31444/

Town Linked with out-of-contract Dons winger:

http://the72.co.uk/78305/ipswich-town-l ... ns-winger/

Northstander's View:

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town ... _1_4958719

MM on Douglas treatment:

http://the72.co.uk/78268/ipswich-boss-unhappy-at-fans/

Form Guide

Ipswich Last 5 Matches – Currently in 17th place with 46 points

Ipswich Town 1-1 Birmingham City

Cardiff City 3-1 Ipswich Town

Barnsley 1-1 Ipswich Town

Ipswich Town 0-0 Wolverhampton

Ipswich Town 1-1 Brentford FC

Wigan Athletic Last 5 Matches – Currently in 23rd place with 34 points

Newcastle Utd 2-1 Wigan Athletic

Wigan Athletic 0-2 Aston Villa

Wigan Athletic 0-1 Bristol City

Birmingham City 0-1 Wigan Athletic

Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Wigan Athletic

Fixtures of Interest

BRIGHTON VS BIRMINGHAM

WOLVES VS NOTT. FOREST

Match Referee – Andy Davies

Final Thought – Bluemike

Did February actually happen or was it a figment of my imagination? Either way, a month in which we played Reading, Villa, Brighton, Leeds and Norwich and remained unbeaten now seems a lifetime away. All the good work and feelgood factor that may have been ever so slightly restored has been blown away with poor, ineffective, boring, passionless displays against the likes of Brentford, Wolves, Barnsley, Cardiff & Birmingham. This was a run of games which really did lend itself to us picking up a fair few points and banishing any lingering doubts about relegation fights and the like, but no, we have to mess it up and do it the hard way, assuming of course we do do it.

The initial lifting of our fortunes following the arrivals of Diagouraga, Huws, Taylor, etc., etc. now sees us back to square one. I did not envisage we would ever see Douglas & Skuse starting together again, nor did I want to see the hopeless 4-4-2 formation brought back with the powder puff Sears and Bru playing a part but that is exactly what we got on Saturday. It just seemed to me like every wrong decision we could make we made!! I suppose these days we should be grateful for any point that comes our way and the one against Birmingham could prove to be massive, seeing as we were so inept.

So are we at the "must win" stage when Wigan come calling? I for one believe we are. You have to assume that we will get nothing from games against Fulham, Newcastle and Sheff Wed so for me we are looking at finding at least six points from games against Wigan, Burton, Rotherham and Forest and, taking into account that three of those games are away, we have to beat Wigan. It’s that simple, nothing else will do. With the crowd again turning very toxic during Saturday’s game, things could well spill over should this one go tits up. Already I was hearing grumblings of protests and pitch invasions to force the issue and much is also being said on social media, etc.. All we need is to be punished with a points deduction for such actions and that really would be game over!! It won't be pretty and it won't be easy but Town to edge it for me. COYBs

IPSWICH TOWN 1 WIGAN ATHLETIC 0

Andym

Re: Ipswich Town v Wigan Athletic preview and matchday thread

Post by Andym » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:38 pm

As on Saturday we need to go for a win.

As on Saturday we will instead set up to defend.

In all honesty I've lost interest. Maybe I'll ask them to leave the lights on so I can read a book.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:08 pm

"Douglas-Gate" ..., :lol: very good. If only ITFC could be on SKY every week......, he hasn't had a bad TV game.

X10 on the "must win" thinking. Wigan at PR must be 3 points, completely regardless of Wigans plight. Home advantage has to matter tomorrow night. Get it done ITFC employees.
And fans? Well it's balls deep into the business end of the season...... get behind the lads @ PR...... try and keep the boos for when the game is finished. Better still, take it to the twatter thing.
2-0 ITFC.

Different Andy Davies Ref caption:

Skuse: WEEE ARE, ITFC......., WE HATE JAM TARTS & WE HATE DUNDEE
Ref: Luke, get that arse to stop.
Chambo: What can I do ref? Skusey likes to sing.
Ref: LUKE! Get him to stop. Do it. That'd be great.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Alternative Andy Davies Ref caption:

Ref: Woah, Woah Jonathan, you can't say that word in England.
JD: They started it Ref.
Ref: No Jonathan. They just think you're sh*t. You can go about calling your fans c*nts.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:24 am

Hope to arrive in Birmingham by start of game and as we we're going to be situated in close proximity to the Aston Villa ground, may even go along and view their game with QPR tomorrow. (Tickets available says the club website and available for purchase outside the ground before start)

Don't get me wrong, Just something different to get involved in and a decent opportunity which presents itself. The idea of another Town game where we fail to create next to zero, (and) struggle once again to make any impact etc just doesn't appeal anymore.

McCarthy may get another point to add to his collection and with it, could be enough to even keep us in the league once and for all but as mentioned, I've had my fill of sh*t scores and performances and the total disarray this club appears in so often, not to mention the evident apathy with some names regards our best interests.

Voted for a home win, if it comes to pass I think we can be assured of Championship level next season, but if as mentioned can get hold of match tickets in Birmingham tomorrow, then f*ck it, we'll go along there and take in something else. It's not being disloyal, I don't have to offer no defense after some 40 years of following this club, it's just as mentioned reached a point now this season where the team and manager have arguably alienated a section of the support. Got an opportunity to catch an event elsewhere, why not go for it.

Ipswich 3 Wigan Athletic 1

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:00 am

As I posted on another thread recently Wigan have taken more points from their last five away games than we have from our last five played at Portman Road. They've also taken six away points from the last two visitors to Portman Road whereas we could only pick up two draws. They've also scored a goal in four of their last five away games which would suggest they could well score tonight and if the do we will need at least a couple to win.....

Wigan Away Form last 5 games. (6pts)

Newcastle 2-1 Wigan
Birmingham 0-1 Wigan
Blackburn 1-0 Wigan
QPR 2-1 Wigan
Wolves 0-1 Wigan

Town Home Form last 5 games (5pts)

Town 1-1 Birmingham
Town 0-0 Wolves
Town 1-1 Brentford
Town 1-1 Leeds
Town 2-2 Reading

.....To be honest I can't see us scoring two which would suggest another 1-1 draw is the most likely result which would leave us deep in the sh*t, even worse is the prospect that they could do to us the same as they did at Birmingham and Wolves and come away with a 0-1 win.

Prediction: Ipswich 1-1 Wigan ... (this is so likely I think I'll have a bet on it as I did on Saturday)

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:09 pm

ITFC 1: WIGAN 0.

We're due a win and surely from a succession of draws we will sneak a win.

Got nothing to do with confidence in the team or manager - just law of averages. I think we'll scrape this one tonight.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Yes narrow win for me too tonite, surely to god even we are capable of winning this one, i am expecting another dour, crap game but won't give a toss if we get the points !!!

If I see that bloody Wigan guy with that stupid suit and top hat on I will hit him, I just have to.

At least the pub pre game will be enjoyable.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:42 pm

Regarding hitting the Wigan guy........., hmmm, I'd think twice on that......., that could be Saint Jude. Would you really want to hit an Everton, Aston Villa, Celtic, Wigan and fellow Ipswich Town fan? Maybe a bad idea.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:44 pm

marko69 wrote:Regarding hitting the Wigan guy........., hmmm, I'd think twice on that......., that could be Saint Jude. Would you really want to hit an Everton, Aston Villa, Celtic, Wigan and fellow Ipswich Town fan? Maybe a bad idea.
YES !!!! Sounds like the best idea ive ever had.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Break the cycle - sh*t football > toxic atmosphere > loss of confidence > sh*t football........with a narrow win. Don't expect it to be either pretty or entertaining, but getting those 3 points is all that really matters tonight. Just do it, and make leaving the pub worthwhile!

COYB!

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:55 pm

I have to be right this time Ipswich 2 Wigan 0. we can at least beat someone who is worse than us

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:07 pm

:D 1-0 McGoldrick

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 pm

:D :D 2-0 Sears

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Bloody hell!!!

Just come in to a 2-0 lead - Have I checked the right score :shock:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Half time here in Birmingham watching the game as hoped. Got news of the Wigan score and hope they can keep it up. Catch up with whatever occurs down there once we,re finished here at Villa Park.

Can only hope the Wigan game is better than here

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Just switched on to see 2-0 (HT).....feeling quite relieved, hope we're playing well?

Can we possibly score three for the first time since mid Jan?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Other results are going our way at the moment. COYB!

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Wow ive forgotten what a win was like..was thinking about driving from norfolk tonight but decided on going out for drinks instead. :D

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:31 pm

3-0 Sears :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:43 pm

I don't want to tempt fate but I think this should be enough to guarantee safety from relegation.

Not a bad team selection either.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:59 pm

Magicmark wrote:Wow ive forgotten what a win was like..was thinking about driving from norfolk tonight but decided on going out for drinks instead. :D
Me too, but decided to stay 'North of the border'. That is the second game I have had the chance to get to this season, where I have decided I can spend my time differently, only for us to score 3 goals (the other being v Blackburn). Think they might have to start paying me to stay away! :lol: :D :mrgreen:

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:07 pm

611-4-ITFC wrote:
Magicmark wrote:Wow ive forgotten what a win was like..was thinking about driving from norfolk tonight but decided on going out for drinks instead. :D
Me too, but decided to stay 'North of the border'. That is the second game I have had the chance to get to this season, where I have decided I can spend my time differently, only for us to score 3 goals (the other being v Blackburn). Think they might have to start paying me to stay away! :lol: :D :mrgreen:
Last game i saw was Derby..we were losing 0_2 before I'd paid my £40 to get in..still had a good time though meeting friends..great result tonight :D

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Magicmark wrote:
611-4-ITFC wrote:
Last game i saw was Derby..we were losing 0_2 before I'd paid my £40 to get in..still had a good time though meeting friends..great result tonight :D
It certainly was a good result. Next game I am going to is against Newcastle, but like yourself it is about making a day of it with a couple of pints beforehand and then to be part of what will hopefully be a rousing tribute to Sir Bobby from both sets of fans. The match/result itself on that day will take second or even 3rd place!

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Nice result but how did we play? Were we good or were Wigan really poor?. This is what is frustrsting people, Mick puts out a defensive team against birmingham at home. Tonight he fields a much more attacking lineup which works. Why does he insist of being sooo bloody defensive most of the time. He only seems to change it when injurys dictates he has too. Will Douglas be back when skuse is fit again?? I wouldnt bet against it with that stubborn yorkshireman in charge.

bluepeter

Post by bluepeter » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:03 pm

Skudouglas should never pull on a Town shirt again.We've got youngsters who can give us the football we want.God bless Searsie....playing in the correct position he is like a yapping terrier.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:11 pm

A much better night all round, a encouraging line up, a decent enough performance, a good result and above all else pretty much safe from any fear of the drop. While we have to be aware of just who we were playing tonight it has to be said this Wigan caused Newcastle problems last weekend so they still ahve to be beaten.

The first half was about as comfortable first half as I can remember at Portman Road this season with Town playing what many would regard as proper football, the ball for the most part on the deck, crisp passing, good movement, closing down well, Two wing backs getting forward and causing problems, the centre Midfield linking up with the Two strikers who actually looked like a pairing for once and bart barely troubled. Kenlock had made a very good start to the game and it was he who had the first shot at goal albeit off target. Midway through the half Town took the lead courtesy of Didsy, again though it was young Kenlock who impressed as he dispossessed a defender before teeing up McGoldrick to stroke the ball home.

It wasnt long before we doubled our lead and again it was down to good closing down and sheer endeavour, this time Sears winning the ball and playing in Didsy who repaid the compliment to Sears who made no mistake with a cdool finish passed the helpless keeper. Town had been well worth their Two goal lead as Wigan had not troubled Bart in the Town goal although the big man did have to make his first save with virtually the last action of the half but in truth it was a routine save.

The second started the same as the first with Kenlock who had impressed firing a shot at goal which was saved. Grant Ward was becoming more and more influential the longer the game went on while Huws and Diagouraga were getting through lots of good work in the middle, Diagouraga does the sitting riole well but offers more than Skusey going forward while Huws has that bit of quality that our Midfield often lacks. It was the welshman that was so close to making it 3-0, a good run into the box from wide left saw his curling effort excellently clawed away by the keeper, the rebound falloing to Sears who blazed his effort over the bar. Bart finally had to make one of those saves he has become reknowned for as he brilliantly finger tipped a shot over the bar to keep the Two goal lead intact, it was Wigans first real effort on goal.

Town continued to seek that Third goal and chances continued to come, Sears McGoldrick and Ward all having efforts saved by the keeper before Smith had a header that looked destined for the back of the net brilliantly saved. With time running out it was Bart to the rescue again with a great save to deny Wigan and also worked his magic to keep out the rebound when they looked destined to score. Finally Town got the Third goal their play deserved with Sears benefitting from some unselfish work from the excellent McGoldrick to beat the keeper at the second time of asking. There was still time for Wigan to have another good chance which bart was again equal to and his save ensured the clean sheet.

The performance was so much better and begs the question why we can't play like that more often, it is like chalk and cheese, clearly we are a more solid looking outfit with Huws & Diagouraga in the Middle and clearly not so defence minded as we are when Skuse plays, not his fault just the way we are set up to play. If anyone can tell me Knudsen is better than Kenlock then I need to give up watching football, they are so far apart it is untrue, Spence too looks a decent enough option at Right Wing back. In truth there were good performances all through the team with Sears & Didsy linking up as well as I can remember, Ward got better the longer the game went on and you could see his confidence growing. Huws for me a super player and oozes class, yes it is only Wigan but I would so love us to sign him up. I think Kenlock will blossom into a really good Left back given a full season as our first choice while Spence too is very composed on the ball.

Bart (7) Spence (7) Chambers (6) Taylor (6) Berra (6) Kenlock (8) Huws (7) Diagouraga (7) Ward (7) Sears (7) Didsy (8)

So hopefully the threat of the drop was only a brief concern and with a Nine point gap I expect that to be enough, lets hope Mick goes into the remaining games with the same mentality and line up, play without fear, go for it and lets see how we finsih off the season before he departs, at least then he may just go with a little bit less hatred towards him, too little to late for Mick and ITFC but at least we look to be all but safe under his guidance.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:23 am

Read the game report from the Twtd website and appears we played with some passion and interest. Fair enough the opposition have fallen away badly and in danger of League One soccer from August, but take nothing away that was an encouraging score to some extent but in the majority who still strongly advocate for departure of relevant names from within the club.

This would appear to avert any potential relegation concern but in truth we should never have been in this position to begin with. Sadly any last remaining games are ultimately immaterial now we have obtained relative safety distance but the close season alone should provide some interesting developments.

As an aside got a real appreciation for those who traveled home and away this season to witness lackluster ineffective play and desire for reimbursement of entry. Had it in abundance for one game this night at a neutral fixture so applaud those who remained loyal through it all.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:14 am

Just managed to see some highlights. Nice 3-0 win there. Although Wigan could be the shittest defence I've seen this season, and I only saw 4 minutes! Jaysus H they were a bit hesitant and clueless more than a few times.

A few great stops by Bart, and the Wigan keeper had one really good save in the second half from a header, (can't remember who headed)....., and that's the first time I've witnessed the number 44 Huws, looks very good indeed.

Great goal by Sears, (his first) ...... but two attempts with the second?? COME ON, FREDDIE!!!
:D

Fantastic win, ITFC. Win @ Fulham and we can all fk off early for the summer holidays and leave your overpaid arses to dot the i's and cross the t's!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:43 am

It was Smiths header marko, although at the time I thought it was Berra 's bonce!