Mick Still Here Next Season?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Mick Still Here Next Season?

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Having seen Mick's comments today regarding possible contracts being offered to Spence and Taylor do you think this give an indication that he will still be here next season?
I have always thought he will see out his contract and will still be in the hot seat next year.

charlton837

Re: Mick Still Here Next Season?

Post by charlton837 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:01 pm

I was thinking that but I hope to god hes not. The moment he blamed supporters for out performances at home.was the moment I thought f*ck off you arrogant pr*ck. I lose a bit of respect everytime he comes out with that garbage. Bit like the "pub talk" about skuse, just look at stats mick, the ones that matter like goals and points. Oh that's right your more worries about stats such as how many free kicks we give away

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:08 pm

I think he'll be here too. Hey ho. But to be honest, he was never going to jump. It'll be down to ME when season ticket sales are below 9000.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:26 am

Say again believe McCarthy has already made the decision to vacate this close season, only has chosen not to disclose the information. Maybe a desperate attempt to provide some level of intrigue into the end of season - that has once again failed well below fan expectation while under the individuals 'leadership'

Provide can provide defense and while appreciate their views, made the decision some considerable time back that he was completely inappropriate for manager of this club. The pity is, most employers will move pretty damn quick to discard their staff when year after year sees clear deficiencies but is allowed to stay on by higher authority regardless of how blatantly poor it has been, and for too long a time.

McCarthy must resemble a pig in sh*t. Earning a salary many could only dream of and getting away with one outrage to the next. In all sincerity, and without any degree of ambiguity, wish the individual would simply clear desk once season is over, and vacate from the vicinity as soon as humanly possible.

There's nothing malicious, just things reached a breaking point and hope the expected departure really comes to pass. One things for sure, whatever's remaining on McCarthy's resume, never again will he encounter a higher authority figure as lenient as Marcus Evans.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:21 pm

As long as we avoid relegation, I don't see MM leaving either.

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Not sure he's decided yet. He's had one recent conversation with ME, where both - unsurprisingly - agreed that they wanted the club to progress, and action was required to enable that to happen. No repeat of this season etc. Sort out required in the summer.....

However, the key conversation will inevitably be about future level of ME's investment in the squad in order to achieve their joint aspirations. Status quo won't be acceptable to MM. ST sales and supporters' feelings may play a minor part in his final decision; but it will be the level of investment that decides, and may result in an amicable parting of the ways.

Having said that, should we perform better than anticipated in the final games - starting tomorrow - then there may be an unexpected and positive feel good factor, that persuades MM to give it another go and see out his current contract! The dice are still rolling.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:15 pm

What manager will come to Ipswich given the spending habits of ME. At least you know Mick wants the job...... or does he. I think Ipswich will be in a worse state if he leaves

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:37 pm

A couple of weeks ago I thought he was nailed on to leave especially taking into account his comments of not wanting to go into next August with poor ST sales, that for me was the catalyst for his departure, however reading certain comments ovbe the last couple of days and him offering Kenlock a new deal while saying he would like to keep Spence & maybe Taylor leads me to wonder just WTF is going on !! Surely if he does stay it can only be on the back of some sensible investment from Evans, that being the case it could be a blessing for him to stay as there are zero guarantees of anyone else being able to even match what MM has with the spending afforded to him. I have to say I have never been so confused in all my time of following Town over the managers situation, just can't make my mind up but the overriding factor for me is that he has lost a large percentage of the crowd and knowing a lot of them as I do that will NOT change no matter what and for that reason alone I think I err towards wanting change.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:28 pm

can't see how he can possibly stay. His position is untenable. Evans may think he holds all the cards but fanatic are voting with their. The Club is NOTHING without its fans.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:25 am

That's what I think but this is Mick we are talking about, he invented stubborn.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:26 am

Let's get real.

How many people do you know who are approaching their 60's, set in their ways and unable to embrace change, earning a good salary, that would willingly give that up and take the risk that they could secure a similar position elsewhere?

MM's hardly likely to go of his own volition.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:23 pm

And Evans clearly is bored with funding anything ITFC related.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:31 pm

I do believe if things stay the same at the Town (no investment) Mick will walk at the end of this season. Then you would really be in trouble.
I think Mick has picked a set up each game just to avoid relegation and has achieved that,
What with the undeserved flack he’s getting I can’t see him putting up with another season, he’s too good a manager. Folk say he’s stubborn, I’d say he’s more realistic and knows exactly what he’s doing with the bad hand he was dealt with.

A very good question to ask is, How did he ever get the Town in the play offs, with the budget he had, there’s only one answer, he’s a quality manager.

Hopefully your owner sells up or dig’s deep for Mick to prove just how good a manager he really is,
I know if they had left him alone at Wolves we’d still be in the premier today what with the millions wasted since he left.( but our owner knew best)
Sadly the days of the John Cobbolds, Sir Jack Haywards, etc etc have long gone,

Whatever happens he’s left you in a better position now than when your owner ASKED HIM to help save the club. (He never applied for the job).

Just an outsiders observation , Yow know it meeks sence dunya.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:27 pm

Can't disagree with what you've said. However the quality of football / tactics has been.utterly abysmal for 2-3 seasons now. Fans have lost the stomach for paying through the nose to watch it . It really is so.bloody boring.

Evans has a lot to answer for IMHO. He simply hasn't backed McCarthy. So Mick. could hold all the aces regarding future funding requests ....or I walk. IF Evans is really serious about promotion he doesn't have to natch the PL failures £ for £ but at least give the manager more financial clout than the current league 1/ 2 levels of spending.

The major problem I gave is IF Mick got given more money next season, Souldern he really change the ultra defensive tactics? I seriously doubt this. Which is why Town fans are voting with their feet.

Another side of me however feels, " it's time for some change " . The Club, fans, players, brand of football, and owner ALL feels so stale. Fans have literally lost interest in ITFC. Something has to change, and very soon.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:12 pm

hallamblue wrote:Can't disagree with what you've said. However the quality of football / tactics has been.utterly abysmal for 2-3 seasons now. Fans have lost the stomach for paying through the nose to watch it . It really is so.bloody boring.

Evans has a lot to answer for IMHO. He simply hasn't backed McCarthy. So Mick. could hold all the aces regarding future funding requests ....or I walk. IF Evans is really serious about promotion he doesn't have to natch the PL failures £ for £ but at least give the manager more financial clout than the current league 1/ 2 levels of spending.

The major problem I gave is IF Mick got given more money next season, Souldern he really change the ultra defensive tactics? I seriously doubt this. Which is why Town fans are voting with their feet.

Another side of me however feels, " it's time for some change " . The Club, fans, players, brand of football, and owner ALL feels so stale. Fans have literally lost interest in ITFC. Something has to change, and very soon.

I don't think its good for Mick or the Town for him to be at the club next season, once you lose the fans its over, my worry as it proved with us,we got rid of Mick in the Prem, finished up in Div One, in 2 seasons.

Note;
this season we have had 3 managers, spent 30/40 million, signed about 15 players and we are a mighty 2 points above Mickswich.and will probably finish behind you.

that last 0-0 draw we watched at yours was as bad as it gets by both clubs, so I can understand your dismay Hallam.

if it wasn't for the beers we had with a couple of dodgy local characters the whole day would have been wasted :wink: Donna says Hi

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 am

Comments like these are why it's so good to have contributors on this forum from other clubs. Some very good points raised there by GnB.

I too believe that Mick often sets up negative because he knows that he's working with and that last comment about 3 managers and 30 million spent is very timely.

Some fresh investment would be nice for next season but if we keep Huws & Diaragoura do we already have the makings of a better side next season with more work in the close season?

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:24 am

Dubai Blue wrote:Comments like these are why it's so good to have contributors on this forum from other clubs. Some very good points raised there by GnB.

I too believe that Mick often sets up negative because he knows that he's working with and that last comment about 3 managers and 30 million spent is very timely.

Some fresh investment would be nice for next season but if we keep Huws & Diaragoura do we already have the makings of a better side next season with more work in the close season?
No because there's absolutely no way they would both play unless skuse was out.....

As has been said Ipswich needs to reinvent itself. We need an identity, a ethos which trickles down to a style of play. Managers and players need to be found that fit in to this style, not completely rebuilding everytime we change a manager. This is how Bournemouth, Swansea, even stoke did it. Swansea built their style.up over years and appointed managers that would continue that.

We just seem to get a load of.players and see if we can find a way of playing. Is Mick a bad manager? No I wouldn't say so. Has he deserved stick at times? I believe he has. You should never start having a go at your fans, the worst thing is the club have let him get away with it. Club is dying a slow and boring death and we need to rise from the ashes somehow or we will lose many more fans

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:58 am

Excellent couple of rational posts there, Wolfie. As Dubai Blue says, it's very good to have the views of other fans, especially you Wolferino.
hallamblue wrote:IF Evans is really serious about promotion........
Do you think Mevans was serious to begin with, Hallam? I'm going to say that he was.

Press conference quotes:

Press: So the new owner is quoted as saying it's a three year plan for Ipswich Town FC to reach the Premier League. Can it be done?
ROY f**king KEANE: I'll do it in one. It's not that difficult.

(proceeds to offload Rhodes, bring in Tampax....... but thats a different issue....... AAARGH!)

I know it's old news, it's in the past, can't be changed etc etc......., but there has to be a reason for the complete lack of suitable funding for Mick. They may be friends but does he fully trust that he'd get the club to the EPL? He's been stung in the past. Ok, he wasn't stung for mega millions like the 30/40 mill that Wolfie speaks of, but the fact that it has went tits up in this "football malarkey" for him before,........ it's made him extra cautious.

For me, the situation at ITFC, summing up....... Mick isn't getting the results because his hands are tied with respect to getting in quality to be a TOP TWO club, (forget the top six sh*te)....., hands tied by Mevans who's shittin his Y's out of fear to hand out big money...... created by Roy f**king Keane who said it was a piece of cake League.

As said, cant change the past, but at least it's worth knowing ----> Roy FKN Keanes fault.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:45 pm

goldandblack wrote:..

I do believe if things stay the same at the Town (no investment) Mick will walk at the end of this season. Then you would really be in trouble.
I think Mick has picked a set up each game just to avoid relegation and has achieved that,
What with the undeserved flack he’s getting I can’t see him putting up with another season, he’s too good a manager. Folk say he’s stubborn, I’d say he’s more realistic and knows exactly what he’s doing with the bad hand he was dealt with.

A very good question to ask is, How did he ever get the Town in the play offs, with the budget he had, there’s only one answer, he’s a quality manager.

Hopefully your owner sells up or dig’s deep for Mick to prove just how good a manager he really is,
I know if they had left him alone at Wolves we’d still be in the premier today what with the millions wasted since he left.( but our owner knew best)

Whatever happens he’s left you in a better position now than when your owner ASKED HIM to help save the club. (He never applied for the job).

I agree Mick was a good manager when he was at your Wolves. I even admit that he's been a decent manager for ITFC. The problem is his style and tactics are out dated. Even when we made the play offs, we were playing hoof ball...the difference was we had Murphy to receive the long ball. Don't get me wrong, MM's defensive tactics are superior to most managers in this league; however, offensively he lacks vision. Sorry, for me it's more than just lack of financial backing and the players he's had to work with. For example, read the comments from Fraser talking about Mick's directions. That's just one player MM negatively affected, so how many others did MM stifle?

Sure, MM had done a decent job. I just think it's in everyone's best interest if he leaves.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:21 pm

number 9 wrote:
goldandblack wrote:..

I agree Mick was a good manager when he was at your Wolves. I even admit that he's been a decent manager for ITFC. The problem is his style and tactics are out dated. Even when we made the play offs, we were playing hoof ball...the difference was we had Murphy to receive the long ball. Don't get me wrong, MM's defensive tactics are superior to most managers in this league; however, offensively he lacks vision. Sorry, for me it's more than just lack of financial backing and the players he's had to work with. For example, read the comments from Fraser talking about Mick's directions. That's just one player MM negatively affected, so how many others did MM stifle?

Sure, MM had done a decent job. I just think it's in everyone's best interest if he leaves.
Agree with pretty much of all this from Number9. I agree with Gold n Black that we are in better shape than when we took over - but how much should we be grateful for AND when does the gratitude expire? I don't think he was doing us a favour - he did not have to agree to the job and is getting well paid for doing it.

Everyone has their favourites, but the club is bigger than MM and most definitely his precious reputation and any kind of gratitude from years past. If he goes and we implode - then MM can laugh at us and tell us he was right all along. But doing nothing and letting this fester further seems completely wrong. If he goes in the summer - over to ME - he then will have had time to look at options. Being positive - I think he made a good decision in bringing in Mick at the time .... its just gone seriously stale and Mick doesn't really even want to acknowledge it.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:43 pm

I see on the EADT24 twitter feed Mick has been quoted as saying he wont walk away with a year left on his contract and wont be driven out. Didn't he say he would review things at the end of the season and would take into account the fans feelings about him? Well quite clearly he wont be taking that into account after all then, I dislike the man more and more every day. I didn't want to dislike him, he came across as a decent bloke, but im starting to question that now, he moans he wants a better job but reality is no better club wants him so he will just sit tight unless someone comes in from him. I am now starting to dislike him and it gets me down knowing that there is a chance he will be here next season.

I had decided to renew my ticket, im going to see how things progress and if he is still to be in charge for next season I may cancel my direct debit and inform the club I wish to cancel, I cant put up with this any longer. I compete in triathlons and have a young family, I can think of much more enjoyable things to do with my Saturday, never thought I would say that! I have been football (and ITFC) obsessed since I was 8 or 9, but this is the lowest I have ever felt about our club. Its no longer a club I grew to love, it no longer has any connection to us, and the whole thing is built on lies, false promises and people who don't know what they are doing.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Assuming Mick walks, who will want to come to Ipswich...... does anyone have any names that will want to come here and put up with what has gone on over the last couple of seasons. Supposes he loses the first 5 or 6 games are the supporters going to turn on him. For me it's a no win situation for what ever happens, Mick stays with no cash infusion from Evans status quo or worse. New manager, possibly someone with little managerial experience because I don't see a big name wanting to come here, will have to suffer the same abuse from the supporters if the results are poor.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Well unless he's sacked he will indeed be here next season. The thing is if people really can't stand that then they need to stay away because it will be another whole season of ill feeling week after week and irrespective of peoples views it does impact on the team, that is obvious. We either go and get behind him and this new look team or we stay away.
Town boss Mick McCarthy says he has no intention of walking away from his Blues contract and is looking ahead to next season when he plans to rebuild, believing there need to be changes in the squad. The 58-year-old, who has a year left on his deal, with Town having an option for a further two seasons, also reacted angrily to terrace chants claiming he’s “ruined” the club during Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Fulham.

Asked whether he he ever considered walking away from Portman Road during this season’s struggles having spent the larger part of it under fire from fans, he said: “No, because I enjoy my job and as for some of the stuff about ‘Mick McCarthy, you’ve ruined our club’, what the biggest load of cobblers that I’ve ever heard in my life that is.

“I saved the club from relegation and I’ve had three top 10 finishes and the one time I have a bad season then people have turned their backs on me, which is a bit of a surprise and it’s disappointing.

“But hey ho, I’m not walking away from here, I have a year’s contract to run and unless something else is done then no, I’m not walking away from it. I’ll be here and I’ll be planning for next season and I’m looking forward to it.

“I’m looking forward to my holiday actually. I’m looking forward to getting enough points to make sure that we stay in this league, I can go away and have a break and I’ll come back full of vim and vigour again.”

In January McCarthy said he would make a decision on his future in the summer, has he already made up his mind?

“I’m not walking away from my contract, not a chance,” he reiterated. “I’m not walking away from a job, which I see it as, and it’s a good job.

“I’ve no intention because I’d like to build it again. I don’t want to walk away, I’m not walking away, no way.

“I’d like to have it again as we had it two years ago, even last season. Saved them from relegation is what I did, then we had three top 10 finishes, and this year it’s been bad.

“I don’t think it’s justified what’s gone on, to be honest with you. My intention is to stay here and build another team, and hopefully it’s as successful as it was when we finished sixth. And if that pisses off a lot of people, so be it.”

Put to him that he has said he wouldn’t be happy if he turned up on the opening day of 2017/18 and season ticket sales were down to 10,000 - as it seems likely they will be - and that was down to him he wouldn’t be happy, he added: “Marcus might not be happy with that either. That might be the case, but I seem to remember there were 20-odd thousand in here most weeks when we finished sixth and guess who that was down to.

“My objective is to get it back to that. And you know what, if it’s only on a one-year contract, so be it, it’s a one-year contract. Not a chance would I be drive out of anywhere. No way.”

Regarding the ongoing criticism from fans and in the media, he said: “I don’t read the media, that’s for sure, any of it. I don’t listen to the radio station, I certainly not locally. I talk to them but don’t listen to them. You might think that that’s nonsense but I don’t.

“Unless I put ear plugs in I can’t do anything about the crowd on a Saturday or a Monday or whenever we’re playing.

“I guess I have to be a bit brass-necked about that and just understand but, as I just said, apart from ‘ruining the club’, that’s the biggest load of nonsense I’ve ever heard in my whole life.

“It’s been tough this year, it has. We’ve not been good. And it’s sad that a lot of people have turned on me and turned on the players but they’re going to have stick me out for another five games anyway.”

He continued: “If Arsene Wenger can get stick, Alex Ferguson got stick at one stage, he was getting vilified by his own punters and Sir Bobby could and everybody else, it’s part of the gig.

“You [the media] keep asking me about it and I talk about it but I’m not whinging about it or talking about it every day. I come in and I do my job.”

He says not all fans have been on his back this season: “I’ve had some nice comments, nice letters and nice support from people. And, of course, the ones who come [and] were at it from very early on in the game on Saturday, I can’t do anything about that. As I keep telling you, win games and that stops.

“There’s not a lot [you can do], play well and win games. We’ve not done enough of that this season. But I don’t think it constitutes some of the vitriol which is going about, but hey ho.”

Looking ahead to the summer and next season, he says the playing staff will need refreshing whoever the manager is.

“The squad’s going to have to change,” he admitted. “You said ‘Whoever’s charge’, at this moment in time it’s me that will be in charge.

“If that’s the case, things have to change, of course. It can be that you’re with players too long and eventually maybe they need to change and the manager needs to change.

“If for some unknown reason it’s somebody else, then it will change because they’ll want different players.”

He added: “Players under contract, there’s not a great deal that they can do. They can ask to move, they can make noises towards that, they can stamp their feet and pull their hair out and tell their agent what to do.

“But if they’re under contract there’s not really anything they can do if a club wants to keep them.

“There may well be some that want to move on, there will be some will move on. There will be some I want to move on, and some I don’t want to change. That’s going to be a natural process that in the summer, I think.”

Are there players who are out of contract who he is yet to make a decision on? “They’re all my thoughts and I’ll keep them to myself for now.”

McCarthy feels he and his squad have done well in previous seasons having worked with a budget which is among the lowest in the division. Will he have to ask owner Marcus Evans for more money as he looks to rebuild?

“I’ve performed particularly well, and the players have, with what we’ve got and sometimes you have to deal with it,” he insisted.

“And I’ve never complained about that. My conversations with Marcus will be exactly that, with Marcus.”

The finances of the Championship have changed significantly in the two years since the Blues finished sixth, does McCarthy believe it’s now tougher for Town to hit those heights?

“It is,” he agreed. “I’m glad I didn’t say that because it might seem like an excuse. I’m glad you said it. [But that is the reality], absolutely it is.”

Managers at all the established Championship clubs without parachute payments or owners investing around £20 million a year are working in much the same situation as he has been, aren’t they? “They are and trying to get results and some, with their budgets, are doing well.

“I’d say Cloughy’s doing well [at Burton], Barnsley have done brilliantly, they’ve come up with momentum from League One.

“Huddersfield are doing great. David Wagner’s got some good players, some good loan players, he used the German market, he knew it and he’s done really well with it. Fantastic, as I did in my second season, to be honest.”

So, it can still be done? “I’d say so, but as you said, it’s a lot harder now.”

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:31 pm

If Mick is still there the atmosphere will be horrible next season

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:40 pm

For Bluemike: I'm afraid you won't have to convince the majority of disillusioned fans to stay away if MM is here next season. Of course, if we start playing good football and winning and competing for promotion...many of those fans will come back. But if it's another season of sh*t, old fashioned hoofball with Skuse like players...even more fans will leave. So in my opinion, with the possibility of Mick failing again, he is 'ruining the club' in a way. I honestly believe another season like this one will push thousands of fans away...for good!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:11 pm

number 9 wrote:For Bluemike: I'm afraid you won't have to convince the majority of disillusioned fans to stay away if MM is here next season. Of course, if we start playing good football and winning and competing for promotion...many of those fans will come back. But if it's another season of sh*t, old fashioned hoofball with Skuse like players...even more fans will leave. So in my opinion, with the possibility of Mick failing again, he is 'ruining the club' in a way. I honestly believe another season like this one will push thousands of fans away...for good!
Thing is whilst I've wanted mick to leave since QPR away I still had quite a bit of sympathy with him until last 6 weeks or so, now.i have the impression he is just a bit of a tw*t! What makes him think he can speak to the fans this way and why aren't the club reigning him in. If ME wasn't willing to invest up to now he definitely wont next season if ST are down by 2-3,000 which I think they will be. My mate just told me he and all the 5 people he goes with have cancelled, they have been going since they were early teens, we are in danger of losing a whole generation of fans here.

Your right in that if we were competing things would be different and some would return (not all) but lets be realistic that ain't gonna happen. At best we will play mundane football fighting for 6th place, at worst we could get relegated. What type of players will MM bring in if he stays, probably people like Karl henry. I want a new hope, a new future to buy into. He could.have took last season as a warning and made those transitional changes this season but no he stuck with skuse and Douglas, he did that and nobody else.

Well and truly f*cked off today, I love football and am not one of the boo boy's but still being forced out of my own club by arrogant pricks looking after their own agendas ahead of the clubs welfare or interests of its fans. f*ck Evans, f*ck Milne,.f*ck MM. Just p*ss off the lot of you (sorry for the x rated message!)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:28 pm

F U C K OFF for apologising for the x rated message, Charlton! :D

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:30 pm

:D :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:43 pm

I think MM is holding Evans to his contract. why would anyone walk away from a cushy job that pays a cool £1m? Of course he's going to stay.....unless Evans decides to sack him, or sell up.

Evans has to calculate what's more expensive. Pay off MM, or suffer the effects of significantly lower ST sales?

I personally think there is something in this Dutch consortium / manager rumour, which might explain MM's defiant. "I won't be forced out of this Club"....(by Evans?), you ll have to pay me off!

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:04 am

The rumour would explain MMs stance but I'm not so sure that I like the sound of the rumour. Probably it's best not to speculate but from what we read, this King of Carpets guy is worth around £20m. That's a lot less than ME and how much of that would he need to buy from ME? For sure some profit would be needed on the original outlay on the NU debt.
I wouldn't expect this potential new owner, based on the 'information' to be any more keen to invest in the squad than ME. OK maybe he would bring in this hotshot manager but the clearout needed would not cost nothing either.
I still think our best hope is that ME comes to the table and starts gambling with higher stakes.