Making light.....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Making light.....

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:12 am

It's always right to not give these terrorist twats the news headlines they soooo yearn. One of my best buddies has mastered this beautifully. Was in picking up a Chinese takeaway last night and he was in there. Conversation went like this.......

Me: Shocking news about the Dortmund bus eh?
Him: What happened like? Not heard the news.
Apparently a bomb blast. Player injured.
Is the game cancelled?
I'm going to say most definitely yes.
Ahhh fk! Got Monaco in my accumulator!

:lol:

Not an ignorant git......, he'd go fight terrorists bare fisted if he could, but just mastered the art of making light of these horrible situations. Losing a child to cancer many years ago probably gave him the outlook that he's got.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Making light.....

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:35 am

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... supporters

Absolutely awesome ^^^^

Some happiness from the incident. Great stuff.

AND......, the accumulator was a winner! :D

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:10 am

marko69 wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... supporters

Absolutely awesome ^^^^

Some happiness from the incident. Great stuff.

AND......, the accumulator was a winner! :D
Marko

Not at all surprised by this as when we were in Dortmund the other week for the England game the locals were very hospitable, as I have always found the case when visiting Germany.
Still have great memories from our time there for the 2006 World Cup except obviously for Gelsenkirchen and the little winker. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Read last night Shed that the winker is on £365,000 a week! Just cannot wrap my head around that amount of weekly earnings. And he always looks like he's about to cry?!
When I get a fiver tip from a customer, I'm dancing up the street! I think if I had Winkers wages, I'd walk about forever naked with "I am loaded, I don't care" tattooed across my back, complete with smile on my face.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Madrid can afford to pay those salaries. Take into consideration the turnover brought in from gate receipts, sponsorship and other commercial enterprises they're not short of funds. Then you got win bonuses from individual competition and for good measure a 7 per cent annual gain in revenue.

Even then they're still not the world's most affluent soccer set-up, with Manchester United and Barcelona respectively holding them off first position for most recent findings in wealth stature.