I expect these players to leave Town at end of season?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

I expect these players to leave Town at end of season?

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Tom Lawrence
Jonny Williams
Christophe Berra
Luke Chambers
Leon Best
Jonathon Douglas
Brett Pitman
Giles Coke
Dominic Samuel
Steven Taylor
Toumani Diagouraga

How many do you agree with? And we need to keep Jordan Spence & Emyr Huws.

Andym

Re: I expect these players to leave Town at end of season?

Post by Andym » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Do you mean you think they will? Or you think they should? To be honest I have no idea about lengths of contract.

I agree that the following will almost certainly go:
Tom Lawrence
Jonny Williams
Christophe Berra
Leon Best
Jonathon Douglas
Giles Coke
Dominic Samuel
Steven Taylor
and (with the exception of Lawrence who we won't be able to keep) they all should, although I wouldn't be sorry if Berra was still here.

Less sure about
Luke Chambers
Brett Pitman
Toumani Diagouraga.

Personally I'd prefer to keep Diagouraga and get rid of Skuse but as long as MM is here, Skuse will stay.
Never rated Pitman, can't win a header and is too lazy.
Digby and Hyam are not needed. Don't think Kieffer Moore will make the grade.
Kevin Bru is surplus to requirements.

Would like to keep Huws.

Clear out the dead wood - then there's no excuse for having to raise season ticket prices because the wage bill has gone up.
Best, Coke, Samuel, Taylor, Digby, Hyam.... I wonder how much they have cost the club in wages per miknute played.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:36 pm

Some interesting navel gazing. Will be interesting to see, once the dust settles, who will be gone; and, perhaps as significant, who might come in. Hugill, Ward, Watkins - all mentioned in the recent past? But the principal ingredient will be ME's financial commitment, over and above balancing the outgoings to aquiring quality additions. That's the bit that concerns me - and may well determine whether MM stays or leaves.

On the Diagoraga issue, Richard 'Bam Bam' Naylor who was co-commenting on Radio Suffolk on Saturday, described Diag's performance like he was 'towing a caravan' for most of the match! Clearly impressed......not! Think we could do better.
Last edited by herforder on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Giles Coke is still at the club?? Jaysus H! How much is he getting paid a week for doing eff all?

karlywoo

Post by karlywoo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:54 am

derick_ipsw wrote:Tom Lawrence
Jonny Williams
Christophe Berra
Luke Chambers
Leon Best
Jonathon Douglas
Brett Pitman
Giles Coke
Dominic Samuel
Steven Taylor
Toumani Diagouraga

How many do you agree with? And we need to keep Jordan Spence & Emyr Huws.
Kinnell thats eleven players, all you need is a keeper and you have the a full team! one that surely could play in a cup match and lose! that is one awful lot of salary there, i,m sure Kiefer Moore will go too, just not good enough, and if we had a good look in and around the cupboards there are bound to be a few more that could go to the Job centre!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:00 pm

It's easier and shorter to say who to keep.

Bart
Gerkin
Emmanuel
Spence
Chambers
Webster
Kenlock
Ward
Sears
Rowe
Didsy

Bring in:

Huws
New striker
New CB

Develop further

Dozzell
Bishop ( give him 1 more season to shape up)

Dump the rest of the senior players not listed and senior peripheral players.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:01 pm

marko69 wrote:Giles Coke is still at the club?? Jaysus H! How much is he getting paid a week for doing eff all?

No , I think he left ages ago....after Lincoln cup fiasco

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:32 pm

hallamblue wrote:
marko69 wrote:Giles Coke is still at the club?? Jaysus H! How much is he getting paid a week for doing eff all?

No , I think he left ages ago....after Lincoln cup fiasco
Nope - he's still here. Although not for much longer! (He's had a long term injury requiring surgery etc. Never heard that one before, have we?) :wink:

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Interesting comments following Newcastle's promotion last night. Despite spending squillions on a Cship squad good enough to get promoted (though probably not as champions, and not that convincingly), view now is that further significant investment will be necessary to compete and stay in the PL. Current squad not necessarily good enough! Raffa to have discussions with owner on future investment levels, outcome of which is likely to determine whether he stays or goes. Sounds a bit familiar - although doubt if we could afford any of the Newcastle players who are deemed to be not good enough for the PL!

For starters, however, we need a clear and credible plan of how ME will ensure that we progress, not stagnate or just survive in the Cship. Who stays, goes or comes in should be a key part of that plan.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:47 pm

herforder wrote:Interesting comments following Newcastle's promotion last night. Despite spending squillions on a Cship squad good enough to get promoted (though probably not as champions, and not that convincingly), view now is that further significant investment will be necessary to compete and stay in the PL. Current squad not necessarily good enough! Raffa to have discussions with owner on future investment levels, outcome of which is likely to determine whether he stays or goes. Sounds a bit familiar - although doubt if we could afford any of the Newcastle players who are deemed to be not good enough for the PL!

For starters, however, we need a clear and credible plan of how ME will ensure that we progress, not stagnate or just survive in the Cship. Who stays, goes or comes in should be a key part of that plan.
The only plan ME has is to avoid relegation. We'll never be promoted under his 5-f*ck offs-plan. Sit back and enjoy another season in the chimp league because that's all we gonna get with the Wanted in Brazil, tit of an owner we have!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:33 pm

lol...spot on. #9

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 am

Oh ye of little faith ! :wink:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:36 pm

herforder wrote:Oh ye of little faith ! :wink:

Yep! Do you blame us?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Andym wrote:Do you mean you think they will? Or you think they should? To be honest I have no idea about lengths of contract.

I agree that the following will almost certainly go:
Tom Lawrence
Jonny Williams
Christophe Berra
Leon Best
Jonathon Douglas
Giles Coke
Dominic Samuel
Steven Taylor
and (with the exception of Lawrence who we won't be able to keep) they all should, although I wouldn't be sorry if Berra was still here.

Less sure about
Luke Chambers
Brett Pitman
Toumani Diagouraga.

Personally I'd prefer to keep Diagouraga and get rid of Skuse but as long as MM is here, Skuse will stay.
Never rated Pitman, can't win a header and is too lazy.
Digby and Hyam are not needed. Don't think Kieffer Moore will make the grade.
Kevin Bru is surplus to requirements.

Would like to keep Huws.

Clear out the dead wood - then there's no excuse for having to raise season ticket prices because the wage bill has gone up.
Best, Coke, Samuel, Taylor, Digby, Hyam.... I wonder how much they have cost the club in wages per miknute played.
I pretty much agree with that list.

I thought Diarouraga could be a good addition before, but he will always be second choice to Skuse and/or only used with Skuse in a defensive Skuglas (Skuraga ?) role. Prefer to off-load him.

Not sure about Samuel - did Reading loan him to us to get him experience? Is he for sale anyway?

Looking at that list - there are quite a number of players who are surplus. Why not try and cover these deadwood with youth players? It's not as if senior experienced deadwood players have got us results. Opportunity to bring into the squad some youth - but MM is reluctant to do that. We know that many of the youth won't make it, but they definitely won't if its one League cup game or one end of season dead rubber game.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 pm

barmy billy wrote:
herforder wrote:Oh ye of little faith ! :wink:

Yep! Do you blame us?
No way, BB. Nothing to suggest that real change, based on ME's increased investment level, will happen. But, should a clearing of the decks happen, then we should go for quality over quantity. Surely that much should have been learned by now!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 pm

I think a lot of that list speaks for itself but there are definitely One or two on it that I would not like to lose, Chambers being the obvious one while I ahve no issue with Skuse either. We will all have differing views on who to keep and who to get shot of, this is what I would like to see happen.

Retain :-

Bialkowski
Gerken
Crowe
Chambers
Spence
Webster
Emmanuel
Kenlock
Bishop
Skuse
Ward
Dozzell
Rowe
Huws

Unsure :-

Berra
Pitman
Hyam
Diagouraga
Samuel

Release :-

Taylor
Knudsen
Smith
Best
Digby
Coke
Bru
Williams
Douglas
McDonnell
Lawrence
Moore

Add to the retain list I would love to see the likes of Nydam, Benyu, Blanchfield, Morris and One or Two others make the breakthrough during the course of next season.

There is also little chance of Smith, Knudsen & Bru going anywhere unfortunately so we are probably stuck with them next season again.

I have no preference either way where Pitman & Berra are concerned and would be happy to see Hyam moved on, as for Samuel & Diagouraga I would like to think we may go for someone just that little bit better.

For me areas to strengthen are another wide player who can play Right or Left, a big goalscoring target man in the mould of Murphy and another striker to bring the compliment up to Four. I think we also need another forward thinking Midfielder to share the load with Huws as Bishop is very much an unknown quantity these days and Dozzell needs to develop.

Not sure why ive bothered as most of it won't happen anyway !!!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Big decisions to make over Ipswich Town’s 24 players nearing the end of their contracts

PUBLISHED: 13:17 03 March 2017 | UPDATED: 13:37 03 March 2017 Stuart Watson

The Blues have 43 professional players and 24 of them are coming to the end of their deals.

Midfielder Coke, 30, has made just one league start during his injury-hit two years at Portman Road, while midfielder Jonathan Douglas, who is now 35 and has dropped down the pecking order, and ostracised striker Leon Best will almost certainly depart at the end of their contracts.

Bigger calls will have to be made over captain Luke Chambers and fellow defensive regular Christophe Berra – both are nearing the end of their deals and the club holds an option to extend their deals by a further 12 months.

Chambers had a January deadline day move to Nottingham Forest blocked and McCarthy intimated recently that a switch in formation, which has enabled his skipper to play in his preferred central role following a prolonged spell at right-back, may be the catalyst for keeping him on.

Berra has made it clear he is keen to move back to his native Scotland in order to be nearer his young daughter in Edinburgh. A summer switch to Hearts has been mooted.

Stephen Taylor and Jordan Spence signed short-term deals in January. Taylor has made a big impact off the field, but there are question marks over his injury record. Spence has impressed and McCarthy has hinted a new deal is in the offing.

The expiry of five loan deals will be the Blues boss’ biggest concern.

Forward Tom Lawrence has been sensational and McCarthy has conceded there is almost zero chance of Town being able to broker a deal with Leicester City. Emyr Huws (Cardiff) and Toumani Diagouraga (Leeds) have both livened up the midfield in recent weeks and could be available to purchase. Jonny Williams (Crystal Palace) and Dominic Samuel (Reading) have been injured.

Town have the option to hand Dean Gerken, Myles Kenlock, Paul Digby and Kundai Benyu an extra 12 months.

That is also the case with youngsters Michael Crowe, Jacob Marsden, Joe Robinson, George Fowler, Chris Smith, James Blanchfield, Shane McLoughlin and Monty Patterson.

Out of contract this summer:

Jonathan Douglas, Stephen Taylor, Jordan Spence, Giles Coke and Joe Robinson

Out of contract this summer but ITFC have option to extend by 12 months:

Luke Chambers, Christophe Berra, Dean Gerken, Myles Kenlock, Paul Digby, Leon Best, Michael Crowe, Jacob Marsden, George Fowler, Chris Smith, James Blanchfield, Kundai Benyu, Shane McLoughlin and Monty Patterson

Loans expire

Tom Lawrence, Emyr Huws, Toumani Diagouraga, Jonny Williams and Dominic Samuel

Expires in 2018 with option of an extra year:

Bartosz Bialkowski, Jonas Knudsen, Teddy Bishop, Cole Skuse, Brett Pitman, Kevin Bru, Luke Hyam and Adam McDonnell

Expires in 2018:

David McGoldrick, Andre Dozzell, Kieffer Moore, Ben Morris and Tristan Nydam

Expires in 2019 with option of an extra year:

Tommy Smith, Adam Webster, Josh Emmanuel, Grant Ward and Freddie Sears

Expires in 2020:

Danny Rowe

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 am

hallamblue wrote:Big decisions to make over Ipswich Town’s 24 players nearing the end of their contracts

PUBLISHED: 13:17 03 March 2017 | UPDATED: 13:37 03 March 2017 Stuart Watson

The Blues have 43 professional players and 24 of them are coming to the end of their deals.

Midfielder Coke, 30, has made just one league start during his injury-hit two years at Portman Road, while midfielder Jonathan Douglas, who is now 35 and has dropped down the pecking order, and ostracised striker Leon Best will almost certainly depart at the end of their contracts.

Bigger calls will have to be made over captain Luke Chambers and fellow defensive regular Christophe Berra – both are nearing the end of their deals and the club holds an option to extend their deals by a further 12 months.

Chambers had a January deadline day move to Nottingham Forest blocked and McCarthy intimated recently that a switch in formation, which has enabled his skipper to play in his preferred central role following a prolonged spell at right-back, may be the catalyst for keeping him on.

Berra has made it clear he is keen to move back to his native Scotland in order to be nearer his young daughter in Edinburgh. A summer switch to Hearts has been mooted.

Stephen Taylor and Jordan Spence signed short-term deals in January. Taylor has made a big impact off the field, but there are question marks over his injury record. Spence has impressed and McCarthy has hinted a new deal is in the offing.

The expiry of five loan deals will be the Blues boss’ biggest concern.

Forward Tom Lawrence has been sensational and McCarthy has conceded there is almost zero chance of Town being able to broker a deal with Leicester City. Emyr Huws (Cardiff) and Toumani Diagouraga (Leeds) have both livened up the midfield in recent weeks and could be available to purchase. Jonny Williams (Crystal Palace) and Dominic Samuel (Reading) have been injured.

Town have the option to hand Dean Gerken, Myles Kenlock, Paul Digby and Kundai Benyu an extra 12 months.

That is also the case with youngsters Michael Crowe, Jacob Marsden, Joe Robinson, George Fowler, Chris Smith, James Blanchfield, Shane McLoughlin and Monty Patterson.

Out of contract this summer:

Jonathan Douglas, Stephen Taylor, Jordan Spence, Giles Coke and Joe Robinson

Out of contract this summer but ITFC have option to extend by 12 months:

Luke Chambers, Christophe Berra, Dean Gerken, Myles Kenlock, Paul Digby, Leon Best, Michael Crowe, Jacob Marsden, George Fowler, Chris Smith, James Blanchfield, Kundai Benyu, Shane McLoughlin and Monty Patterson

Loans expire

Tom Lawrence, Emyr Huws, Toumani Diagouraga, Jonny Williams and Dominic Samuel

Expires in 2018 with option of an extra year:

Bartosz Bialkowski, Jonas Knudsen, Teddy Bishop, Cole Skuse, Brett Pitman, Kevin Bru, Luke Hyam and Adam McDonnell

Expires in 2018:

David McGoldrick, Andre Dozzell, Kieffer Moore, Ben Morris and Tristan Nydam

Expires in 2019 with option of an extra year:

Tommy Smith, Adam Webster, Josh Emmanuel, Grant Ward and Freddie Sears

Expires in 2020:

Danny Rowe
I know we've talked about Didsy in the last week - but if his contract expires in 2018 and his current form might add to his price tag - we should either offload for serious money OR offer him an extension (bit of a risk due to his injury history).

There's a lot of players on the payroll who haven't contributed ..... quality over quantity in the future ... with youth players filling in the gaps?

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:56 am

hallamblue wrote: Expires in 2018 with option of an extra year:

This is quite depressing. Another year of Knudsen and Skuse being undroppable.
Another year of paying Hyam's wages when he won't play.
Another year of paying Pitman's wages, who never breaks into a sweat.

I don't actually dislike Skuse, but he epitomises all that is wrong with McCarthy's type of football: no pace, no flair, no quick passing, no forward passing, no creativity. Defend first, defend second. Oh and defend third.

The MM approach had led to some worrying stats.

Passing:
I actually thought we tried to pass on the ground more this season, but we still average 87 long balls per game, only exceeded by Blackburn and Reading.
Passing accuracy is 64.8%. The only team below that is Rotherham.

Shooting:
We have an average of 10.5 shots per game, the lowest in the division.
Of these, only 60% are from central positions. The lowest percentage in the division.

Defending:
Tackles per game 14.5. Then only teams below that are Blackburn and Fulham.

So in summary: We don't tackle. We can't pass. We play long balls. No wonder we create few shooting opportunities and when we do they are often from the wings.

Let's get rid of those who can't tackle (Bru....), pass (most of the squad) or constantly play long balls (Knudsen...).

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Andym wrote:
hallamblue wrote: Expires in 2018 with option of an extra year:

This is quite depressing. Another year of Knudsen and Skuse being undroppable.
Another year of paying Hyam's wages when he won't play.
Another year of paying Pitman's wages, who never breaks into a sweat.

I don't actually dislike Skuse, but he epitomises all that is wrong with McCarthy's type of football: no pace, no flair, no quick passing, no forward passing, no creativity. Defend first, defend second. Oh and defend third.

The MM approach had led to some worrying stats.

Passing:
I actually thought we tried to pass on the ground more this season, but we still average 87 long balls per game, only exceeded by Blackburn and Reading.
Passing accuracy is 64.8%. The only team below that is Rotherham.

Shooting:
We have an average of 10.5 shots per game, the lowest in the division.
Of these, only 60% are from central positions. The lowest percentage in the division.

Defending:
Tackles per game 14.5. Then only teams below that are Blackburn and Fulham.

So in summary: We don't tackle. We can't pass. We play long balls. No wonder we create few shooting opportunities and when we do they are often from the wings.

Let's get rid of those who can't tackle (Bru....), pass (most of the squad) or constantly play long balls (Knudsen...).
Good post! It's nice to see MM's sh*t football broken down with statistical analysis. Yes I know...it's the players! Well guess who picked the players?? Once again, funny how MM's claim to have done a fantastic job at ITFC isn't supported by facts. :roll:

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:02 pm

if we keep Skuse and Berra, then I, for one, will not be returning to PR next season

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:46 pm

rossi wrote:if we keep Skuse and Berra, then I, for one, will not be returning to PR next season
I think Berra will go. But Skuse is a nailed-on certainty to start every game (when fit) if MM remains in charge. It's a shame; it's not his fault he's Mr. Undroppable, but it adds to the fans' frustration (well mine, anyway) that he always starts.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:23 pm

bluemike wrote:I think a lot of that list speaks for itself but there are definitely One or two on it that I would not like to lose, Chambers being the obvious one while I ahve no issue with Skuse either. We will all have differing views on who to keep and who to get shot of, this is what I would like to see happen.

Bialkowski
Gerken
Crowe
Chambers
Spence
Webster
Emmanuel
Kenlock
Bishop
Skuse
Ward
Dozzell
Rowe
Huws

Berra
Pitman
Hyam
Diagouraga
Samuel

Taylor
Knudsen
Smith
Best
Digby
Coke
Bru
Williams
Douglas
McDonnell
Lawrence
Moore

Add to the retain list I would love to see the likes of Nydam, Benyu, Blanchfield, Morris and One or Two others make the breakthrough during the course of next season.

There is also little chance of Smith, Knudsen & Bru going anywhere unfortunately so we are probably stuck with them next season again.

I have no preference either way where Pitman & Berra are concerned and would be happy to see Hyam moved on, as for Samuel & Diagouraga I would like to think we may go for someone just that little bit better.

For me areas to strengthen are another wide player who can play Right or Left, a big goal scoring target man in the mould of Murphy and another striker to bring the compliment up to Four. I think we also need another forward thinking Midfielder to share the load with Huws as Bishop is very much an unknown quantity these days and Dozzell needs to develop.

Not sure why I've bothered as most of it won't happen anyway !!!!
:mrgreen: You made the effort BM, :cry: I still have the feeling that the meeting with M E wont go to Micks building plan, and he'll say F**K it I've had enough, also as Liz has stated the fans have wised up to ME's so called 5 year business building plan which wont come to fruition, (he speaks with a forked tongue) and gates will drop like a lead balloon, and rightly so, if ME's lost interest as it seems he should just sell us hopefully to someone who cares a little bit more than he does, we will see within the next month or so the forward plan :roll: also you can look forward to losing quite a few good players, I think Bart, Diddsy, Kenlock, Benyu, Dozzell, & Webster could all be sold off ?????

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:18 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
bluemike wrote:I think a lot of that list speaks for itself but there are definitely One or two on it that I would not like to lose, Chambers being the obvious one while I ahve no issue with Skuse either. We will all have differing views on who to keep and who to get shot of, this is what I would like to see happen.

Bialkowski
Gerken
Crowe
Chambers
Spence
Webster
Emmanuel
Kenlock
Bishop
Skuse
Ward
Dozzell
Rowe
Huws

Berra
Pitman
Hyam
Diagouraga
Samuel

Taylor
Knudsen
Smith
Best
Digby
Coke
Bru
Williams
Douglas
McDonnell
Lawrence
Moore

For me areas to strengthen are another wide player who can play Right or Left, a big goal scoring target man in the mould of Murphy and another striker to bring the compliment up to Four. I think we also need another forward thinking Midfielder to share the load with Huws as Bishop is very much an unknown quantity these days and Dozzell needs to develop.

Not sure why I've bothered as most of it won't happen anyway !!!!
:mrgreen: You made the effort BM, :cry: I still have the feeling that the meeting with M E wont go to Micks building plan, and he'll say F**K it I've had enough, also as Liz has stated the fans have wised up to ME's so called 5 year business building plan which wont come to fruition, (he speaks with a forked tongue) and gates will drop like a lead balloon, and rightly so, if ME's lost interest as it seems he should just sell us hopefully to someone who cares a little bit more than he does, we will see within the next month or so the forward plan :roll: also you can look forward to losing quite a few good players, I think Bart, Diddsy, Kenlock, Benyu, Dozzell, & Webster could all be sold off ?????
No chance of selling benyu, Kenlock,dozzell, Webster or McGoldrick, I get the feeling we will sell Bart (need a new GK as for me Gerken isn't good enough as a number 1.

I dislike ME as much as the next person but I think your away with the clouds if you think he would sell those players, remember they would be the lower earners too. If anything Evans wants our whole team to be built with those sorts of players. When you say MM may not get what he wants in meeting I agree. I think Evans wants the likes of the academy boys playing to avoid spending money on lots of players, I really don't think this is something MM believes in, he will look to find the next Knudsen or Douglas instead and play them ahead of the young lads. I think you need a blend but in order for them to improve they need a whole season of playing. Take emmauel for example, that lad has it in h to be a good full back but MM wont give him a run of games. Hes constantly in and out, hes hardly a developing teenager, have you seem the size of him?

Hope MM does just bugger off, wont be sorry to see him leave and wont even thank him for what he did in his first 2-3 years as hes lost that privilege with the way he's spoken to fans this season. The only reason it got this bad is because hes so stubborn and will play a failing system just tonpiss fans off

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:31 pm

charlton837 wrote:
I think Evans wants the likes of the academy boys playing to avoid spending money on lots of players, I really don't think this is something MM believes in, he will look to find the next Knudsen or Douglas instead and play them ahead of the young lads. I think you need a blend but in order for them to improve they need a whole season of playing.
I still believe the youngsters need to get 20 -25 minutes regularly to get them up to speed - but that's hard when we have a season like this. If we went for it a bit more and got a couple of goals up, it's the ideal time to introduce them. But it's rare that we do as we defend and try to nick the odd goal all too often.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:04 pm

Anybody that has watched enough games will know that Jordan Spence is quite a bit better than Josh Emmanuel at this time, we weren't safe and Mick was spot on in playing Spence, next season however we could see Emmanuel develop and play more but for now it has been handled correctly.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:22 pm

charlton837 wrote:The only reason it got this bad is because hes so stubborn and will play a failing system just to p*ss fans off
Don't know why, but I've had difficulty believing this outlook. Just can't see it at all. Nothing against you in particular, Charlton as loads of people have been saying it. I think it's bullshit.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 pm

I also don't believe he would do anything to deliberately p*ss fans off, lets face it him just breathing pisses many fans off these days.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Well MM has deliberately said things to p*ss fans off, but I don't think he's deliberately set the team up to lose. I do think he has limited capabilities as far as being successful with ITFC. It is time to make some changes and freshen things up...time for MM to move on, in my opinion.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Got to think that he's deliberately said things to pi$$ fans off because fans are saying he's deliberately "setting out to fail"! Think that'd pi$$ many of us off.