Town exercise further year's option on two players

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Town exercise further year's option on two players

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Chambo and Berra. But Digby will not be kept on.

Personally I cannot see the point in keeping Berra. He doesn't want to stay. Why keep unhappy players?
Digby, I agree with - simply not good enough.

MM also appears to be interested in keeping Samuel and suggests Town will speak to Reading. Hopefully Huw will be sorted as a priority!

Shed on tour

Re: Town exercise further year's option on two players

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Think Berra may still go but we have taken the option up in the hope we may be able to get a small fee for him.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:15 pm

I see Mick has also stated we won't be getting JW back on loan next season.
All I can say is thank f*** for that!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Hope we don't have Berra next season, especially with Mick publically stating he wants to leave to go back to Scotland (which we all knew anyway). He has always said in the past he doesn't want people who don't want to be here. Anyway for the majority of this season he has been crap anyway, do us all a favour and just let him go, I hope they do as if your not playing as a CB and you see one in the team who doesn't event want to be there what sort of signal/message does that send....

Interesting press conference today, still in the dark with Mick, but sounds like Evans is taking his time to speak with him, everything on hold until after the season finishes. That to me suggest Evans is very much thinking about change even if he doesn't go through with it. if your the manager and the owner is putting everything on hold even though our status for next season is confirmed it doesn't sound like the owner has total faith to move forwards with you does it? it may also be that Mick wants things on hold until he gets assurances from the owner of course. I think there has to be change, it seems there is no cohesion at all and the "frank" discussions should have happened end of last season after dozens of uninspiring boring matches. The writing was on the wall, just people wanted to ignore it. This season hasn't come out of nowhere after all.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:17 pm

I still think it comes down to the total disinterest ME has for the club. He lets it carry on with it seems little or no interest in the goings on within the club. I don't know for sure because I am a few thousand kilometers away, but, it definitely seems that the club just seems to carry on in the same direction season after season and I blame the inactivity of the owner for that.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Well Evans will reap what he sows. If he can't be bothered anymore ( which seems apparent), then he should not be surprised that Town fans are equally losing interest in the "product " and voting with their feet in their droves now. He might own the Club - but he doesn't own the "real" Club, which is the fans. Hope he enjoys his empty football stadium and league one status because that's what he will ultimately get in thd not too distant future if he dorsntt make further serious/ meaningful investment. The ball is firmly in.his court this summer.

I'm getting so I couldn't care less now and that is Evans real problem, because I'm. one of several thousand now.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:42 pm

hallamblue wrote:Well Evans will reap what he sows. If he can't be bothered anymore ( which seems apparent), then he should not be surprised that Town fans are equally losing interest in the "product " and voting with their feet in their droves now. He might own the Club - but he doesn't own the "real" Club, which is the fans. Hope he enjoys his empty football stadium and league one status because that's what he will ultimately get in thd not too distant future if he dorsntt make further serious/ meaningful investment. The ball is firmly in.his court this summer.

I'm getting so I couldn't care less now and that is Evans real problem, because I'm. one of several thousand now.

Have to agree with you there but what a tragedy for a team,who I in particular, have followed since the heady days of 1961 being allowed to degenerate into this position. Given all the history that surrounds this club it's pretty damn poor for an owner to allow this to happen....... Solution, I have non if he doesn't sell to someone who gives a damn or open up his wallet.