New Contract for Dozzell

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

New Contract for Dozzell

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Midfielder Andre Dozzell has signed a new contract with the Blues which will keep him at Portman Road until the summer of 2020.

Dozzell turns 18 today which allows him to put pen to paper on a contract longer than the two-year deal he signed on his 17th birthday.

“I’ve been in and around the first-team this season and that’s my goal, to play regularly for the team,” Dozzell told the club site.

“That is the only thing that will keep me improving and that is what I’m focused on.

“It was hard when I wasn’t involved over the first half of the season but I can see why I wasn’t.

"The Championship is a tough league and it’s difficult to throw someone of my age into those types of games but I’ve been working hard in the gym to become bigger and stronger.”

The former Copleston High School pupil came through the academy and has now made eight senior starts and three sub appearances.

The England U18 international's only first-team goal so far was his header scored after coming on as a sub at Sheffield Wednesday this time last season, emulating his father Jason's feat of scoring a debut goal aged only 16.
That's a good start to the team building for next season, rumours were about that he didn't want to stay etc, as usual all cobblers. He may not have had as much game time as i thought he might this campaign but he is still going to be a decent talent.

herforder

Re: New Contract for Dozzell

Post by herforder » Tue May 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Good news - hopefully his decision to commit will be rewarded with increasingly more game time next term. That, in turn, pre-supposes we won't be constantly adopting a 'backs to the wall' mentality, or manning the trenches with only proper blokes!

Dubai Blue

Re: New Contract for Dozzell

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed May 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Good signing IMO. He should be looking to 'push on' next season and he will be a strong asset to the club if he does.