Nottingham Forest v Ipswich Town preview and matchday thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we fell the Tricky Trees?

Nottingham Forest win
73%
Draw
20%
Ipswich Town win
7%

Total votes: 15

ipswichtownNo1

Re: Nottingham Forest v Ipswich Town preview and matchday thread

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Super super mick, super super mick, super super mick super mick mcCarthy

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 07, 2017 6:21 pm

I suppose we shouldn't have expected anything else, a disappointing end to what has been a disappointing season to say the least. I expect everyone saw the game as it was on sky so you all know how it went. For me I thought we actually started well after we had survived the opening Five minutes, we settled into it and played some ok stuff. Our passing actually looked ok and it was us that created the first half chances, Rowe, Ward and Samuel all forcing saves from their keeper, quite how he saved the Samuel effort god knows but save it he did, for an away performance with nothing riding on it it had been ok. In true Town fashion we go behind from what at the time looked a cert penalty against Bart, however not having had the chance to see it again I am reliably informed that it was not a penalty and we were unlucky to have it awarded against us, so after a decent 45 we go in behind.

Quite what happened second half god only knows but it typifies so many of our games in 2016/17, we just failed to create anything, we suddenly looked disinterested and couldn't win a tackle or make a pass to save our lives. Mick had decided to change the formation and it really just went tits up from the first minute to the last. Again I didnt see the deflectiuon for the second goal but never the less I didn't see too many Blue shirts trying to close down Cohen as he lined up his pile driver, pretty much game over at that point, it was really a case of how many they would score. A second penalty duly arrived through poor defending but this time Bart made the save, however the third wasn't long in coming.

There was very little to be pleased about today, I thought Danny Rowe was our brightest player for his first half showing when he was at least prepared to run at players and whip crosses in, Mick soon put an end to that with his tactical brilliance after the break, Berra & Spence did ok first half too but aside from that the rest were poor. Our Midfield just went awol at times and created nothing, I like Huws but where the hell was he today ? same with Ward & Skuse, did nothing, Sears & Emmanuel had little to feed off but when they did get it failed to impress, At the back Kenlock had a very tough day and was subbed off but Emmanuel fared little better when he came on. For me it was a fitting end to a sh*te season we kept it going to the very end.

Bart (6) Spence (6) Chambers (5) Berra (6) Kenlock (5) Ward (5) Skuse (5) Huws (4) Rowe (7) Sears (5) Samuel (6)
SUBS :- Emmanuel (5) Moore (5)

So that is that guys and girls, the end of the most difficult season I can remember. Now the real work really does have to start, if we get it wrong it will almost definitely be us in the position that Forest were in today come next May, assuming of course we aren't already down by then. Over to you Marcus & Mick......

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Decent enough first half without creating too much in the way of chances. p*ss poor in the second half, im fed up of seeing Sears out wide too. He either has to play up the middle or not at all!

Big summer now, huge changes needed.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun May 07, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't think today was an exception; I think we often have an Ok first half and a poor second half (despite the fact that the majority of our goals come in the second half.) It's one of the reasons I think MM isn't up[ to the job; essentially he gets outmanoeuvred tactically at half time.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 07, 2017 8:39 pm

This is hard to disagree with.......

A Town fan's post match thoughts......

A stand full of blow up dolls and inflatable animals followed by the usual roll over and die collapse. All the first half chants hoping to taunt Notts Forest fans and as soon as they went 1-0 up the team reverted back to the defensive rubbish we are used to. SOME of the same players doing nothing much in 90 minutes. Tippy tappy football once again with no real direction. Ok, we had a bit of control of the game in the first half but we have NOTHING up front. Bring players on....take players off.....and it makes not a scrap of difference. Some supporters were puzzled when Moore came on......but at least Moore has the height to be some sort of threat . A glimmer of hope with the younger players........but ......the main problem is a clueless McCarthy & Conner. Both standing there waving hands and pointing directions to a team that ran out of steam for a second half battle. The sooner they go the better. Hopefully we can then start building this team into a fighting unit.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun May 07, 2017 9:16 pm

MM's time is up.

Hopeless, clueless, yesterday's man, arrogant, tactless: I could go on and on.

Please Evans, get shot of this useless, horrible man. If you don't, relegation will be a reality rather than a near miss.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Well it could have been worse we could have been involved in the relegation battle with Blackburn, Birmingham & Forest and been the only team that lost. If something doesn't change it could be even worse next season. Let's all enjoy the summer and hope for better things to come.

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Mon May 08, 2017 11:14 am

nicscreamer wrote:And while we are at it.....
Liberace out, Barry manilow out, graham norton out
Graham Norton is already "out"

lol

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon May 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Caption Comp : Now then Young man now`s the time to leave the club. (Ref Mick McCarthy)

Caption Comp: "Resignations are for prime ministers and those caught with their trousers down, not for me"

Caption Comp : " Strewth I never comment on Referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that Drongo."

Nearly forgot to enter this week Marko.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon May 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Quasar wrote:
nicscreamer wrote:And while we are at it.....
Liberace out, Barry manilow out, graham norton out
Graham Norton is already "out"

lol
All 3 are "out" Mate, that was the joke