Thats me done.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

jeremy rusher

Thats me done.

Post by jeremy rusher » Sun May 07, 2017 7:29 pm

No more games until McCarthy and Conner are gone from this club. That is a dead cert. Got persuaded to go to the Notts Forest game today (on coach 3 with Rob the bus driver) and after a first half of some promise, the team simply fell apart after going 1-0 down. We had the possession but despite no real cutting edge to score goals, the usual defeat was not on the cards. That was until the penalty and going behind. It was a different game in the second half as Notts Forest "upped" their game and we didn,t or simply couldn,t!!!The second half was the usual chasing shadows bit and the occasional punt for Moore to get his nut on. The supporters stopped singing and the carnival atmosphere was over. The substitutions made no difference, neither did the presence of McCarthy and Conner standing there trying to look the part. The Notts Forest supporters got behind their team whilst Ipswich fans were leaving early . It has been said a thousand times, McCarthy has to go for the sake of this club. Loyal supporters are walking away and the season ticket sales indicate that. Time to make that managerial change. It is time to recruit some quality and build a team around promising youngsters like Kenlock and Emmanuel.

hallamblue

Re: Thats me done.

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 07, 2017 8:43 pm

The 1st person needing to get n his bike is Marcus Evans. He's simply not interested in ITFC anymore. Sell up ffs man and let us all move from on.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon May 08, 2017 8:21 am

hallamblue wrote:The 1st person needing to get n his bike is Marcus Evans. He's simply not interested in ITFC anymore. Sell up ffs man and let us all move from on.
Although I agree, I can't see it happening. If he sells, he'll sell at a loss. Surely his plan was to get us in the prem and sell at a large profit. I think he's stuck with us and we are stuck with him. Even us (the fans) fear relegation next season; that hardly makes us a good option to invest in. Any buyer would want us on the cheap, and I can't see ME going along with that.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:18 am

Andym wrote:
hallamblue wrote:The 1st person needing to get n his bike is Marcus Evans. He's simply not interested in ITFC anymore. Sell up ffs man and let us all move from on.
Although I agree, I can't see it happening. If he sells, he'll sell at a loss. Surely his plan was to get us in the prem and sell at a large profit. I think he's stuck with us and we are stuck with him. Even us (the fans) fear relegation next season; that hardly makes us a good option to invest in. Any buyer would want us on the cheap, and I can't see ME going along with that.
I agree with what your saying Andy but that also begs the question as to what does Evans expect? Because the longer he holds on to it and the longer we continue to drift downwards and lose fans the more revenue will be lost and the less the club will be valued. And if/when we get relegated the club really would be worth considerably less. That in a way may make it a more attractive proposition to buy given our history and potential fan base however from a sellers point of view he is only going to lose more and more with every bad year that passes.

His wealth has not diminished whilst owning ITFC, but clearly he would be out of pocket if he sold tomorrow, its just I think he would be more out of pocket with every season that passes. What surprises me more than anything is that Mick McCarthy would want to be a part of this, surely he can see what is going on here and you would think that he would want out to go and focus on a different job (maybe that could be the case if Evans tells him funds will not be forthcoming). I think we would survive another year or two in this league but no more than that unless big changes are made, if you look at the teams coming in next year (sunderland, Middlebrough, Hull(?), Sheff Utd, Bolton) I can see it being a harder league next year than it was this, especially with teams like Villa, derby, Norwich etc all making further big investments