Rumor Mill 2017/18

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Re: Rumor Mill 2017/18

Post by goldandblack » Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 pm

marko69 wrote:What this thread needs right now is one of the more serious forum members, with a seriously twisted, politician type face, to say; "RIGHT, back to the TOPIC ffs, I heard a rumour (or rumor for SJ) ............

In a nice way I mean. Let's hear the rumors, Saint.

Right back to the topic... :? ..........

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -at-wolves

or

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... l-lambert/

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:10 am

Of course there isn't! There is no water near Wolverhampton.

OH Rift? Thought it said raft. Sorry.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Wed May 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed May 24, 2017 5:18 pm

I don't think Garner will be much of an addition. If he can't score many goals playing for Rangers in a what shall we say a not so good Scottish Premier league he will get less chances in the Championship.. Does anyone think Joey Barton deserves a look?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 25, 2017 10:01 am

I'm with you on this one WD......hope to God we can attract a better calibre of striker than this , but it means Evans will have to stump up.

Not sure about Joey Barton. He'd cost a lot on wages and I honestly think his character will not fit with the rest of the squad....he's a baaad arse mother........!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 25, 2017 10:05 am

K L Blue wrote:Joe Garner linked

https://www.footballfancast.com/social- ... ibrox-exit

And do you agree about this defender?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswi ... phe-berra/

I dont rate Alex Bruce at all I'm afraid. He was always a bit of a hit head , rash tackling defender when here previously. Dare I say, he's similar to Smith in that he's basically a hoofer first and foremost. So I'd say no thanks.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu May 25, 2017 11:43 am

hallamblue wrote:I'm with you on this one WD......hope to God we can attract a better calibre of striker than this , but it means Evans will have to stump up.

Not sure about Joey Barton. He'd cost a lot on wages and I honestly think his character will not fit with the rest of the squad....he's a baaad arse mother........!
Joey Barton is banned from all football activity for 16 months I believe

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Thu May 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Should fit right in here then!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 pm

^ :lol: ^ Superb, PTG.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:54 am

I actually think Garner would be quite good for us. I remember him being an absolute nightmare playing against us for Preston in the target man role. He isn't huge but if I remember rightly he dominated Berra in the air which is quite often tough to do. I think he's the sort of player that Mick could replace Murphy with and maybe get scoring, but at least he could be the target man we need.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 27, 2017 11:36 am

I would not be against Garner either, I also think at 31 years old we should be picking up Michael Kightly for nothing too.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat May 27, 2017 7:26 pm

bluemike wrote:I would not be against Garner either, I also think at 31 years old we should be picking up Michael Kightly for nothing too.
Here's hoping Mike, I agree they'd be 2 good additions

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:27 pm

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 31, 2017 1:14 am

Someone's a bit premature with that, season has only just ended and already people throwing out forecasts left and right. Fair enough we're a poor team, the season has been sh*t, but second favorites for a relegation ? Even now can't quite envisage such a scenario. If anything the manger's so goddamn defensive and afraid to risk anything we'll stay up and ultimately avert any potential fall into League One. For McCarthy boring is good, boring is safe. It may frustrate the sh*t out of all others, but in his mindset it offers a level of salvation - if nothing else.

But there's so much to be decided before we're underway once more in August. If - and it is an if - the manager finally comes out and declares his departure then you can change those presented odds as I just can't see any other candidate being so f**king obstinate and one-dimensional as Mick McCarthy so freely insists.

Incidentally looking at another provider in SkyBet, they have us in a more favorable view for next season, but at the same time go with Aston Villa as 2018 League Champions. Last I looked they just finished mid-league 30 + points off an automatic promotion berth. It's all just conjecture and assumption as soon as any season reaches an end.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed May 31, 2017 5:15 pm

I was watching a programme about the Premier league from 2000 - 2001 Ipswich were there then George Burley was in charge. Bradford were in there also!! Showed highlights from many of the games from month to month Ipswich were sitting 5th in December interesting viewing. They interviewed Scowcroft said what a good goalscorer he was he had 15 goals at that time.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Wed May 31, 2017 6:43 pm

One of several links to this player

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... d-13119735

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 pm

Problem is its yet another loan signing and not permanent one.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:17 pm

And hes only 18. Mick wont give him game time either. He will be looking for older ( 30 -35) who is proven ( ten years ago) with experience ( been around,probably at wolves) but cant get a long term contract ( yep, another overpaid journeyman)

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:17 pm

And hes only 18. Mick wont give him game time either. He will be looking for older ( 30 -35) who is proven ( ten years ago) with experience ( been around,probably at wolves) but cant get a long term contract ( yep, another overpaid journeyman)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:22 am

I'm not sure which post I like more...the original, or the last one!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 am

:lol: :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:34 pm

saint jude wrote:
Someone's a bit premature with that, season has only just ended and already people throwing out forecasts left and right. Fair enough we're a poor team, the season has been sh*t, but second favorites for a relegation ? Even now can't quite envisage such a scenario. If anything the manger's so goddamn defensive and afraid to risk anything we'll stay up and ultimately avert any potential fall into League One. For McCarthy boring is good, boring is safe. It may frustrate the sh*t out of all others, but in his mindset it offers a level of salvation - if nothing else.

But there's so much to be decided before we're underway once more in August. If - and it is an if - the manager finally comes out and declares his departure then you can change those presented odds as I just can't see any other candidate being so f**king obstinate and one-dimensional as Mick McCarthy so freely insists.
Incidentally looking at another provider in SkyBet, they have us in a more favorable view for next season, but at the same time go with Aston Villa as 2018 League Champions. Last I looked they just finished mid-league 30 + points off an automatic promotion berth. It's all just conjecture and assumption as soon as any season reaches an end.
'Tis a bit premature, I agree. However, with those odds...and the lack of change...what type players will we be able to attract? A relegation battle may be premature, but it's certainly a concrete possibility.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Marley Watkins has signed for those lot up the road!

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town ... -1-5044366

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:12 pm

He's not that good then :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:27 pm

It's all about money innit. scum have it ( for one more season anyway!), and we have a mega rich owner who couldn't give a flying f luck about " His" Club! :roll: zits got absolutely nothing to do with Club's being "better: than another in this division. it's about sky money rewarding failure. Hull area getting relegated with a cash stash in excess of £100m ffs....how can consistent Championship clubs like Town ever hope to compete with that?

Football is basically f lucked in this Country now. Sky tv have an awful lot to answer for. The PL isn't actually that good. Very predictable in fact.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Just one Town fan's response to Marley Watkins joining scum ( a player we reportedly made an offer for- if you can believe it, in Jan window!).

I notice this fan also alludes to a fact I commented on.this forum many times , over 3 years ago about EDP infiltrating our so called "local" paper the EADT. It's not unusual. bow to see photos and reports of scum and their games in.the EADT. Whilst there is minimal "news" about ITFC.

Ipswich Town is gradually being ground down by its invidible owner and a scum owned/ based media into nothing more than dust.

Unless something drastic happens at OUR Club, ITFC will probably fade into oblivion over the next 3-4:seasons and no one seems to give a flying f uck !!!

Town fans comment in the scum owned EADT today.

Not surprised and actually who would blame him faced with the choice between working with Micksy Mouth and the prehistoric football on show here and the possibly more entertaining stuff that is unfortunately likely to prevail up at Norwich. More interestingly for me however is just why the EADT feels it necessary to fill its sports pages with Norwich news. I can only put it down to the fact this is a sub-branch of the EDP and the sports writers are incapable of finding any news about Ipswich other than the occasional pointless poll. What a disgrace that both the Town football team and the EADT sports team are both below the standard required in their particular professions.

Add your comment | Report this comment

SussexTractorBoy

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:19 pm

hallamblue wrote:Just one Town fan's response to Marley Watkins joining scum ( a player we reportedly made an offer for- if you can believe it, in Jan window!).

I notice this fan also alludes to a fact I commented on.this forum many times , over 3 years ago about EDP infiltrating our so called "local" paper the EADT. It's not unusual. bow to see photos and reports of scum and their games in.the EADT. Whilst there is minimal "news" about ITFC.

Ipswich Town is gradually being ground down by its invidible owner and a scum owned/ based media into nothing more than dust.

Unless something drastic happens at OUR Club, ITFC will probably fade into oblivion over the next 3-4:seasons and no one seems to give a flying f uck !!!

Town fans comment in the scum owned EADT today.

Not surprised and actually who would blame him faced with the choice between working with Micksy Mouth and the prehistoric football on show here and the possibly more entertaining stuff that is unfortunately likely to prevail up at Norwich. More interestingly for me however is just why the EADT feels it necessary to fill its sports pages with Norwich news. I can only put it down to the fact this is a sub-branch of the EDP and the sports writers are incapable of finding any news about Ipswich other than the occasional pointless poll. What a disgrace that both the Town football team and the EADT sports team are both below the standard required in their particular professions.

Add your comment | Report this comment

SussexTractorBoy
It's not just the sports pages, Liz. I have taken the EADT for the past thirty odd years and amon the point of cancelling it. Since the supposed revamp a couple of months ago the whole paper has been absolute crap. I buy a local paper to read local news, but now it's full of old photos, trashy advertising and little else in the way of news in this area. And as you rightly say, there is an awful lot of what is clearly EDP content included. It used to be so informative but now it is awful. As you also point out, the quality of the journalism is very poor: what there is of it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:59 pm

Spot on Barmy. I'm going to write to the editor and tell him I'm not buying either rag again since it is no longer a "local" paper to Ipswich and Suffolk. Archant are doing this deliberately and have done so for a few years now. I'm sick of it. They can shove their paper where the sum doesn't shine !

Hallam xx

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Jordan Spencer has signed for 2 years.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:39 pm

Who?