Rumor Mill 2017/18

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ipswichtownNo1

Re: Rumor Mill 2017/18

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 pm

bluemike wrote:Hallam, not shooting you for it, far from it, but the fact remains I just don't get his point, how were we supposed to make Barnsley sell ? I get that he may get better offers now but the comment Butcher makes of "missed the boat" makes it sound like we did something wrong, to me it is just stirring up an already difficult situation for MM, I didnt see any of these bigger clubs offering to sign him in January when a fee was involved so I guess that all but one of them will have "missed the boat" as well ?

Tang I am not sure where Sir Bobby & Sir Alf come into this, they were who made this club great and I never heard either of them coming out with stupid comments which can stir things up after they had left the club, they had more integrity than that. We all know that the players of today wouldn't lace the likes of Butcher's boots but things are tough enough as it is without being constantly reminded of how Mick fucks everything up he tries to do, it just isn't the case, in any case Butcher even mentions some Premier interest too so how the hell are we expected to win the chase ? We offered over a Million in January and it wasn't accepted, he is now going for zilch, we were the only ones to offer money and still we are in the wrong, incredible.

In true Keegan style I will "love it" if we end up signing Watkins and actually not "miss the boat" oh what a tit some will look then.
Where does it say "missed the boat"

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:56 am

hallamblue wrote:
marko69 wrote:Forgot to ask Hallam....... did you title this thread to keep Saint happy?!

Of course Marko. You know my FT job involves being a member of this Country's diplomatic core ! :wink: I have friends in high places ya know! ....anyway, must dash. I've seen meeting in snow hour with some German cow who wants to discuss the price of VW' s in the UK.
:lol: Superb!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:59 am

Please don't confuse "missed the boat" with "mist while in a boat". Because that's some real scary sh*t. Especially after 10 Budweisers and a few fish hooks in the a$$.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 12, 2017 11:23 am

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 12, 2017 7:20 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
bluemike wrote:Hallam, not shooting you for it, far from it, but the fact remains I just don't get his point, how were we supposed to make Barnsley sell ? I get that he may get better offers now but the comment Butcher makes of "missed the boat" makes it sound like we did something wrong, to me it is just stirring up an already difficult situation for MM, I didnt see any of these bigger clubs offering to sign him in January when a fee was involved so I guess that all but one of them will have "missed the boat" as well ?

Tang I am not sure where Sir Bobby & Sir Alf come into this, they were who made this club great and I never heard either of them coming out with stupid comments which can stir things up after they had left the club, they had more integrity than that. We all know that the players of today wouldn't lace the likes of Butcher's boots but things are tough enough as it is without being constantly reminded of how Mick fucks everything up he tries to do, it just isn't the case, in any case Butcher even mentions some Premier interest too so how the hell are we expected to win the chase ? We offered over a Million in January and it wasn't accepted, he is now going for zilch, we were the only ones to offer money and still we are in the wrong, incredible.

In true Keegan style I will "love it" if we end up signing Watkins and actually not "miss the boat" oh what a tit some will look then.
Where does it say "missed the boat"
On Hallam's opening post.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Rumours are servicing about MM resigning Murphy. (No Thanks!)

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 14, 2017 11:48 pm

number 9 wrote:Rumours are servicing about MM resigning Murphy. (No Thanks!)

One thing for sure he won't be getting any game time in the Premiership.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon May 15, 2017 7:48 am

Well Murphy performed pretty well with the Magpies last season. Maybe we can get another good season out of him. The only issue is that we don't play quite the same style and formation as we did a couple of years back. Would he actually fit in now?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 15, 2017 8:49 am

Problem is DB I could see MM reverting to more hoofball to play to Murphy's strengths ...Im not in favour of him returning, as it is not the way forward. But then the pharse "way forward" doesnt sit easy with this owner anyway , does it !

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon May 15, 2017 9:09 am

hallamblue wrote:Problem is DB I could see MM reverting to more hoofball to play to Murphy's strengths ...Im not in favour of him returning, as it is not the way forward. But then the pharse "way forward" doesnt sit easy with this owner anyway , does it !
I agree completely. We did try (but usually fail) to pass the ball more last season. He was a great servant and ran tirelessly for us, whether scoring goals or not. But his age is against him now.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon May 15, 2017 9:56 am

MM 'resigning'. At last.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:10 am

Dubai Blue wrote:The only issue is that we don't play quite the same style and formation as we did a couple of years back. Would he actually fit in now?
I don't think there is any issue with him fitting back in at Ipswich Town, Dubai because there isn't anything constructive to fit back into....... they're pish. Many people said in previews and reviews..... "Wtf formation was that? What was Mick trying to do with that substitution?" There is/was no system.

BUT, he is marching on in years and I wouldn't be overly thrilled if he arrived back.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon May 15, 2017 11:43 am

barmy billy wrote:MM 'resigning'. At last.
:lol: :lol:

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:55 am

Murphy is better than we currently have, and does fit the "target man" that MM is looking for. However I think the whole club needs a fresh start, I think re-signing Murphy would not be a forward step for us in terms of looking into the future. Even with Murphy in the team we played drab football season before last and that cost us 1,000 ST holders, I cant see him alone would make much difference to us. He would probably be cheap but I think as a club we need to move on.

There must be a younger version out there, Murphy has been a bit injury prone in last couple of seasons too, he deserves respect for the way he served ITFC but I wouldn't be in favour of him returning.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 15, 2017 12:28 pm

It seems to be suggested now ( something I wasn't fully aware of), that Murphy actually put in a transfer request. Town , by all accounts did not get any transfer fee.

If true , this would explain a lot about why we ended up with a £10k replacement. I doubt we actually even put offers in for the players mentioned at that time.

Wtf is happening at this Club under Evans?? Christ I hate him now !

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon May 15, 2017 5:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:It seems to be suggested now ( something I wasn't fully aware of), that Murphy actually put in a transfer request. Town , by all accounts did not get any transfer fee.

If true , this would explain a lot about why we ended up with a £10k replacement. I doubt we actually even put offers in for the players mentioned at that time.

Wtf is happening at this Club under Evans?? Christ I hate him now !
He did put transfer request in and we did receive a transfer fee the two are not connected. The only thing that happens when a player puts in a request is he does not get 5% of the actual fee paid to the selling club in this case it was £3 million.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 15, 2017 6:08 pm

That is spot on Derick.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon May 15, 2017 10:45 pm

your friends up the road soon to appoint there new manager. Mr Paul Lambert, well 7 months is almost a gold watch for long time service at the Wolves, another season of failure beckons :astroll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Anybody keen on any of these rumours ? It looks like Wolves are going to be this summers Derby, linked with every bloody available player !!
Town, Barnsley and Wolves are reportedly keen to sign out-of-favour Brighton midfielder Rohan Ince.

According to the Daily Mirror, the trio are among the clubs fighting it out to land Ince, who failed to make a Championship appearance for the Seagulls during their promotion season, but featured in the EFL and FA Cups as well as for their U23s in the Checkatrade Trophy.

The 24-year-old ended the season on loan at Swindon Town where he made 14 starts and scored two goals.

Ince, who has a year left on his Brighton contract, spent the second half of 2015/16 on loan at Fulham having joined the Seagulls on a free transfer after being released by Chelsea in the summer of 2013.

While with the Premier League champions he was unable to break into their first team and spent time out on loan with Yeovil.

Ince, who is the third cousin of former England captain Paul and is the nephew of ex-Crystal Palace defender Eric Young, made a big impression in his first couple of seasons at Brighton having moved from playing central defence to central midfield under then-manager Oscar Garcia and in 2014/15 was linked with the likes of Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham and West Brom.

In February, the 6ft 3in tall Londoner was cleared of hitting a bouncer with a bottle at a nightclub in Windsor in the early hours of Christmas Day 2015.

Meanwhile, Norwich City are the latest club to be linked with Marley Watkins, who is a free agent having left Barnsley at the end of the season.

According to the Eastern Daily Press, the Canaries are the frontrunners to sign the 26-year-old, who was the subject of a £1 million Town bid last summer and further reported interest in January.

Yesterday, Premier League Burnley and Championship sides Cardiff City, Bristol City and Wolves were also linked with the Wales-born wide midfielder or striker, while Aston Villa and Celtic are also believed to be interested.
Town are reported to be battling Burton Albion for the signature of Fulham striker Cauley Woodrow - who was linked with a loan move in January - and are said to be one of a number of clubs chasing long-term target Marley Watkins, who is a free agent having left Barnsley at the end of the season.

According to the Daily Mirror the Blues and Brewers are fighting it out for Woodrow, who spent the second half of 2016/17 on loan at the Pirelli Stadium.

The 22-year-old, who made only one start and four sub appearances in the Championship for the Cottagers prior to his switch, in addition to two goals in three starts in the EFL Cup, looks to be surplus to requirements at Craven Cottage despite having another year left on his contract, which also includes an option for a further season.

The 6ft ½in tall striker made 11 starts and three sub appearances for Burton and scored five goals.

Woodrow played youth football with Spurs, Buckhurst Hill and Luton - with whom he made his first three senior appearances as a sub in the FA Trophy - before joining the then-Premier League Whites in March 2011 for a fee which was set to hit seven figures after top-ups.

Having spent time out on loan with Southend in League Two, where he made 10 starts and 12 sub appearances, scoring four times, Hemel Hempstead-born Woodrow made his Premier League debut for Fulham in a 3-1 defeat at Cardiff in March 2014.

In total Woodrow has made 28 starts and 37 sub appearances for the Whites, scoring 12 goals.

Also according to the Daily Mirror, four Championship clubs, Town, Cardiff City, Bristol City and Wolves, are fighting it out for wide midfielder or striker Watkins. However, Premier League Burnley are also said to be keen.

The 26-year-old was the subject of a £1 million Town offer last summer with the Blues showing further interest in January.

Quizzed on whether he might make a renewed summer move for Watkins in March, Blues boss Mick McCarthy kept his cards typically close to his chest: “I don’t know. We’ll see, he’s out of contract.”

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue May 16, 2017 6:32 pm

goldandblack wrote:your friends up the road soon to appoint there new manager. Mr Paul Lambert, well 7 months is almost a gold watch for long time service at the Wolves, another season of failure beckons :astroll:
G&B can your owners make a move for Mick to come back to the Mol?????????????????

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue May 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Digby's gone to Mansfield!

Seems he's not a championship player then

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31693/

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue May 16, 2017 8:34 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
goldandblack wrote:your friends up the road soon to appoint there new manager. Mr Paul Lambert, well 7 months is almost a gold watch for long time service at the Wolves, another season of failure beckons :astroll:
G&B can your owners make a move for Mick to come back to the Mol?????????????????

personally I would have him back with us, given the money our owners are talking (yes talking) he could get us back and stay there, I think Mick deserves a chance, but we know its going to be another foreigner who knows jack about the English game.

the big problem Mick would have is like Paul Lambert found, could he have an agent picking his players to work with, NO CHANCE.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 pm

goldandblack wrote:the big problem Mick would have is like Paul Lambert found, could he have an agent picking his players to work with, NO CHANCE.
WTF is happening to football eh? Fkn joke.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 pm

marko69 wrote:
goldandblack wrote:the big problem Mick would have is like Paul Lambert found, could he have an agent picking his players to work with, NO CHANCE.
WTF is happening to football eh? Fkn joke.
the days we remember have long gone mate. this will be our 4th manager/coach since last August, they never learn aye.
the trouble is they make the Likes of Paul Lambert "the coach" which apparently means others pick and sign the players and the coaches coach them. the likes of Lambert are old school Managers and I think football has long passed them by.

the talk is karanka is Fav,
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... ka-linked/

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Christ!...you could hear a pin drop in here!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:15 pm

https://youtu.be/Z5H3SW_G6B8

Watch this until the end, 9. You'll be shocked to learn that everyone is excited!

Where is all this excitement coming from, TB's?? :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:12 am

That actually made me laugh after a very long day. Cheers, Marko!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:46 pm

number 9 wrote:That actually made me laugh after a very long day. Cheers, Marko!
Well buddy, you gave me the Cowbell, which made me laugh until I cried. It's good to know I returned the favour, even if it is on a much smaller scale. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:49 pm

What this thread needs right now is one of the more serious forum members, with a seriously twisted, politician type face, to say; "RIGHT, back to the TOPIC ffs, I heard a rumour (or rumor for SJ) ............

In a nice way I mean. Let's hear the rumors, Saint.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Veteran central defender Gordon Greer, who is leaving Blackburn this summer, is the latest player to be linked with the Blues along with a number of other clubs.

According to Teamtalk, recently relegated Rovers want to keep the 36-year-old, despite the Lancastrians announcing his release earlier today.

They also claim Town, Burton, Bradford, Bolton, Hibernian, Hearts and former club Kilmarnock are also keen on signing the Glasgow-born defender.

Greer moved to Ewood Park last summer having left Brighton after six years. The 11-times-capped Scotland international has also spent time with Clyde, Stockport County (loan), Doncaster and Swindon.

While the Blues will almost certainly look to add to their centre-halves this summer with Christophe Berra having departed, they’re more likely to target a left-sided player to compete with Tommy Smith rather than another experienced right footer with skipper Luke Chambers, Adam Webster and Steven Taylor, who has been invited back for pre-season, all right-sided.