Blackburn Rovers - real warning to us

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mach_Polish_Blue

Blackburn Rovers - real warning to us

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue May 09, 2017 10:23 am

That's what happens with the bad policy. Selling assets and replacing them with freebies and loanees and that's why their fans have been furious for a long while. The same policy at Ipswich has seen some fans hushing those who voice their displeasure and anger.
Moreover, apparently Evans isn't as bad with his approach as Venkys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most recently we had sold our integral part of the team and replaced him with a 10k substitute from non-league just because the initial 'replacement' in Best failed to impress.

Not long before we end up like Blackburn unless things change.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Blackburn Rovers - real warning to us

Post by marko69 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:50 am

And the 10k substitute came on second half v Forest? Can only assume that with his real name being Keiffer Roberto Francisco Moore, Mick thought he'd be better! :D Although not getting a game for Forest Green Rovers would've raised some concerns for many of us I'd imagine.

I'm still slightly shocked that Blackburn are in League One. As you say, big behind the scenes changes at Portman Road required.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue May 09, 2017 2:57 pm

:roll: Well this is certainly the time for every single fan of Ipswich to hold fire on season tickets and possible on the gate payment, its vital that we see exactly what will be done during the summer months, a lack of spending on some quality players and mick still in charge, will certainly dampen the spirits of the majority of fans, and if it is proved negative on both subjects mentioned, then the fans must talk with their none attendance, I do hope that Marcus has seen the damage caused through lack of investment, Stuart Pearce's comments after the Forest game were spot on, a football club has to be run in the correct manner from top to bottom, the owner must be seen and open to the fans and the management and players alike, it has to be honest and open where every person involved with the club has a thorough good working relationship, and be a happy club like when he Cobbold's and Sheepshanks ran the club, every thing ticked along nicely, we must also stop selling our best players and replacing them with job lot replacements, so the long shot of it is, if Marcus aint interested in investment or meeting the fans that invest in the club, then he should sell the club as soon as possible, and go and do something else with his invisible attitude, the goal for Marcus should be get to the premiership where the £200 million is waiting wipe out debts, and run the club as it should be, as a family club.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:40 pm

Add to that, 3 more clubs coming down with parachute payments. In my opinion, we were lucky not to be relegated. If indeed MM is still in charge, I really don't see us getting even close to the playoffs. Even if ME changes his investment policy, it would take millions to make us competitive again. I'm afraid there is the very real possibility of a season long relegation battle on the horizon. Let's all hope the sun won't set for ITFC's future.

COYB!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Let's just wait and see what the summer brings before we all slit our wrists, maybe we will have cause to complain but maybe we won't, they say change is afoot so lets hope it proves to be the case. So far the few things that have happened should be being met with widespread approval.

New contracts signed by Chambers, Kenlock, Dozzell and Gerken, nothing to be disappointed in there.

Coke, Douglas, Williams & Digby along with a few others departing, nothing to be disappointed about there.

Huws, Samuel & Spence all declaring they would love to return indicates it is not a place players don't want to come to.

Lets also not assume just because we spend nothing on a player that he is crap or nobody else wants him, only a few months ago we tried to sign Watkins for over a Million quid and everyone wa saying pay them what they want blah blah blah as he was a decent signing, now he is going to be a free signing so should we get him we have that same decent player but for nothing !! Does it suudenly become a crap signing as there are no £ signs ?? Let's just wait and see what lies ahead. I do agree however that if we do nothing in the transfer market we could well be fooked but I feel it has reached the point where by we just have to bring some decent recruits in, whether they cost money or not is irrelevent.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 pm

bluemike wrote:Let's just wait and see what the summer brings before we all slit our wrists, maybe we will have cause to complain but maybe we won't, they say change is afoot so lets hope it proves to be the case. So far the few things that have happened should be being met with widespread approval.

New contracts signed by Chambers, Kenlock, Dozzell and Gerken, nothing to be disappointed in there.

Coke, Douglas, Williams & Digby along with a few others departing, nothing to be disappointed about there.

Huws, Samuel & Spence all declaring they would love to return indicates it is not a place players don't want to come to.

Lets also not assume just because we spend nothing on a player that he is crap or nobody else wants him, only a few months ago we tried to sign Watkins for over a Million quid and everyone wa saying pay them what they want blah blah blah as he was a decent signing, now he is going to be a free signing so should we get him we have that same decent player but for nothing !! Does it suudenly become a crap signing as there are no £ signs ?? Let's just wait and see what lies ahead. I do agree however that if we do nothing in the transfer market we could well be fooked but I feel it has reached the point where by we just have to bring some decent recruits in, whether they cost money or not is irrelevent.
On the whole i agree mike, however im not so keen on Gerken signing a new contract, he cant even catch a cold!!

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue May 09, 2017 9:02 pm

bluemike wrote:Let's just wait and see what the summer brings before we all slit our wrists, maybe we will have cause to complain but maybe we won't, they say change is afoot so lets hope it proves to be the case. So far the few things that have happened should be being met with widespread approval.

I agree with all of this. But if MM remains he will still play his favourites. He will still pick teams armed with a defensive mindset first and flair last. But you are right - it is too early to be defeatist, but without new blood we will surely struggle even more than this sesson

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed May 10, 2017 7:29 am

AndyM who are these 'favourites' going to be? Douglas is off and Berra too. Most people don't have a problem with Scuse as he does a job well. Most of the rest of the regular picks would have been most people's regular choices.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 10, 2017 10:41 am

As Andy said, it is too early to start surmising about team selections next year.

Come start of season we will hopefully see commitment and plan forward from ME/MM.

Favourites?

I see Knudsen back in the starting line up. With Webster back and unsure if we will go to a 5 man defence - there is every possibility that Chambo could go back to RB (second or third best RB in the squad, but still has to play).Hopefully Chambo has insisted he doesn't want to return to RB.

Gerken seems to be lined up to take over next year - so expect to see end of Bart. Bart would have been second choice to Gerken if he hadn't been our best player over the last couple of seasons.

Skuse is fine in his own little clean-up world and I thought he was excellent against Newcastle, but its not all about that area of ground he mops up in from our penalty box to the half-way line. Can we have better options - someone who can put his foot in and link better? Maybe not - but what I hate is the idea that certain players are undroppable. Its not healthy. Even the best players lose form and need dropping from time to time.

Would not surprise me to see another "Douglas" brought in TBH.

Anyway, that sounds completely negative and premature. I'm sure MM will come back refreshed and eager to start the re-build for the new team and initiate the 5 point plan.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Pitman and Bru free to leave, more good news, 2 players who contributed very little especially Bru who is cack as far as I'm concerned.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu May 11, 2017 4:08 pm

:P Now lets also get rid of Scuse & Knudsen as well, and I might start to believe we are in for a dramatic change :roll: :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Knudsen I agree with, Skuse I am more than happy with.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu May 11, 2017 6:16 pm

ashfordblue wrote::P Now lets also get rid of Scuse & Knudsen as well, and I might start to believe we are in for a dramatic change :roll: :roll:
I agree. We picked up Skuse when Bristol City got relegated I think. Probably a clause in his contract saying we can't get rid until we get relegated too. As I've said before, I know he does some good bits but it's what he doesn't do that bothers me. Like scoring. Like creating chances (I bet he has no assists during his time with us as well as his 1 solitary goal.) Like passing forwards. Like moving into space when we are in possession.
When he starts (i.e. every game) we are playing with a maximum of ten and a half players. But we don't want to sign Diagouraga who, although not a great player, offers much more than Skuse. Like passing forwards. Like moving into space when we are in possession......

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:01 pm

Andym wrote:
ashfordblue wrote::P Now lets also get rid of Scuse & Knudsen as well, and I might start to believe we are in for a dramatic change :roll: :roll:
I agree. We picked up Skuse when Bristol City got relegated I think. Probably a clause in his contract saying we can't get rid until we get relegated too. As I've said before, I know he does some good bits but it's what he doesn't do that bothers me. Like scoring. Like creating chances (I bet he has no assists during his time with us as well as his 1 solitary goal.) Like passing forwards. Like moving into space when we are in possession.
When he starts (i.e. every game) we are playing with a maximum of ten and a half players. But we don't want to sign Diagouraga who, although not a great player, offers much more than Skuse. Like passing forwards. Like moving into space when we are in possession......
Problem is even if (and it will never happen) we got rid of Skuse, you will either see Hyam playing there (if ever fit) or we would be signing another version of Skuse. So whilst im not his biggest fan id rather just keep Skuse AS LONG AS he plays that role alone, none of this playing 2 of them. MM calls him the water carrier, well our team must be drowning at times with the amount of water they take on board with our tactics.

If we had a new manager and new ideas id say let Skuse go if need be, but with MM staying id rather see him stay and try and find a way of him playing a lone role with the rest being emphasis on our attacking play. Id like to see us actually push our wingbacks forward rather than being rigid the whole time. Knudsen I would keep as my back up LB, I can see him being first choice again next season