A PRODUCT BEING NEGLECTED

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

jeremy rusher

A PRODUCT BEING NEGLECTED

Post by jeremy rusher » Fri May 19, 2017 9:46 pm

What the bloody hell has happened to this once great club Mr Sheepshanks and Marcus Evans ? Why is this clubs relationship with the town and its supporters at an all time low ? Why are we being expected to pay good money to watch a cheap, weak squad put together. A team put out to defend and struggle week on week. What is there to say or think when you walk back to your car after a long journey to an away match to watch another sad defeat.

We have just watched a few years of near-absolute dross. The most recent season once again watched us eliminated from any cup competition without a whisper of regret, a shred of remorse or any sign of passion from the manager. Not a word or any change of direction from Marcus Evans certainly means a questionable future for this football club. There is more interest in a pop concert at Portman Road than there is a football match.

A pre season played against small clubs is a pre-cursor to who we will be competing against any day soon on a full time basis. For .....s sake Evans wake up and realize the damage being done. I feel sad when I think of all the great supporters I have met over the last 48 years of following this club. I am tired of constantly thinking & talking of this club in the "past tense". What this football club once was. What this club meant to the town of Ipswich. I miss seeing all those characters, the atmosphere and the excitement of a match day. I think of the long list of supporters who were part of the reason that made it a great day even after a lost game that was entertaining. Rest in Peace to the supporters who have passed away. ....All we have is silence from the owner, disregard from the manager, relentless media stories and transfer speculation, a five point plan from Ian Milne and the collective result is total apathy. Good Bye and God Bless.

hallamblue

Re: A PRODUCT BEING NEGLECTED

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 19, 2017 11:08 pm

I think Evans has been.trying to sell the Club for the last two years Jeremy, but despite interest.he can't get the price he wants. Shame. But he'll sell in.the end. I just hope it's before were relegated.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 pm

jeremy rusher wrote:What the bloody hell has happened to this once great club Mr Sheepshanks and Marcus Evans ? Why is this clubs relationship with the town and its supporters at an all time low ? Why are we being expected to pay good money to watch a cheap, weak squad put together. A team put out to defend and struggle week on week. What is there to say or think when you walk back to your car after a long journey to an away match to watch another sad defeat.

We have just watched a few years of near-absolute dross. The most recent season once again watched us eliminated from any cup competition without a whisper of regret, a shred of remorse or any sign of passion from the manager. Not a word or any change of direction from Marcus Evans certainly means a questionable future for this football club. There is more interest in a pop concert at Portman Road than there is a football match.

A pre season played against small clubs is a pre-cursor to who we will be competing against any day soon on a full time basis. For .....s sake Evans wake up and realize the damage being done. I feel sad when I think of all the great supporters I have met over the last 48 years of following this club. I am tired of constantly thinking & talking of this club in the "past tense". What this football club once was. What this club meant to the town of Ipswich. I miss seeing all those characters, the atmosphere and the excitement of a match day. I think of the long list of supporters who were part of the reason that made it a great day even after a lost game that was entertaining. Rest in Peace to the supporters who have passed away. ....All we have is silence from the owner, disregard from the manager, relentless media stories and transfer speculation, a five point plan from Ian Milne and the collective result is total apathy. Good Bye and God Bless.
I think you last sentence sums things up nicely, JR.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat May 20, 2017 2:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:I think Evans has been.trying to sell the Club for the last two years Jeremy, but despite interest.he can't get the price he wants. Shame. But he'll sell in.the end. I just hope it's before were relegated.

TBH Hallam I think he's lost all interest in the club, He thought he'd come in spend about £24 million, have a premiership club, and then flog it for more than he paid(IMHO)
But now its shown to be a money pit, and hasn't shown him in the best light, so he's not interested anymore.
Millionaires love to show off their new toys, but they push the crap ones to the back of the box in the hope its forgotten.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat May 20, 2017 7:26 pm

:x Evans aint trying hard enough to sell, he needs to hit the middle and far east regions, and Russia & America with an advert, that's where to toot is, :roll: bloody hell its not that hard to place an advert these days.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Mevans will be too late........, Russia & America are already hitting the Middle and (soon to be) Far East regions, Ash!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat May 20, 2017 9:37 pm

:roll: Marco there's got to be some nice multi billionaire who wants to own a nice little family club like Ipswich Town????????????????????

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Oops, sorry. War joke went down like a "spud" missile!

It'd be good to get actual confirmation that he is trying to offload the club. Has this been properly confirmed?

jeremy rusher

Post by jeremy rusher » Sun May 21, 2017 1:16 am

Exactly Marko....What do we know ? Absolutely nothing other than what the newspaper can speculate. We all got thrown the 5 point plan to fester on and that's about it. This club will carry on with McCarthy and some of his tired foot soldiers and Evans remains the reclusive over-lord. The stadium will have less supporters watching the same dull football.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Mon May 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Lets all do the Euro lottery as one big ticket then we can all buy him out if we win. Hang on..... our chances are better if he sells the team to some poor unsuspecting foreigner

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:53 pm

Can you imagine a Tractor Boys consortium winning the EuroMillions and taking over the club.....

Bluemike: Right, Skuse, your role today is......
Rossi: A flippin cheese roll on the bench I hope. Skuse is getting a game? I think not.
Bluemike: YES..... and with Chambo fitting in at.....
Rossi: CHAMBO too?
Bluemike: Calm yourself, chill out. Berra is gone!
Rossi: Can we bring Tommy back?
Bluemike: F U C K ING NO.

Nah, Watership...... there'd be issues!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 pm

LMAO.....f**king Rossi needs to know his place !!!