ITFC in a sorry state of affairs it seems. FB post

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

ITFC in a sorry state of affairs it seems. FB post

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Ian Milne has been caught out misleading Ipswich Town Football Club supporters on the clubs wage bill.

He repeatedly claimed that the clubs wage bill was one of the highest and most competitive in the EFL Championship whereas it has been revealed that ours was 6th lowest in the league this season.

The clubs wage bill, which included over 50 members of playing staff, over half of which rarely featured has been continually used as an excuse by Marcus Evans and mouthpiece Milne to raise ticket prices and implement the 5 point plan to reduce expenditure at the club.

Milne arrogantly told supporters few months that "Marcus has put down that five-point plan. That’s still very much in play." and that neither of them will consider their positions.

The club is looking to reduce its wage bill further this season and there is only £3million in fees available for signing players throughout the summer. In terms of transfers this season our expenditure was just £1.42m in 2016/17, one of the lowest in the Championship.

Due to the budget cuts, the quality of footballers being brought into Ipswich by Mick McCarthy has dropped and the club finished 4 points off relegation as a result of Evans's poor leadership, the lowest finish in nearly 60 years. Season Ticket sales have now plummeted and the club will use this as another excuse to implement further cuts moving into the season ahead, so watch this space..

Please share this post to keep supporters informed and invite them to our page.

rossi

Re: ITFC in a sorry state of affairs it seems. FB post

Post by rossi » Sun May 21, 2017 10:53 am

hallamblue wrote:Ian Milne has been caught out misleading Ipswich Town Football Club supporters on the clubs wage bill.

He repeatedly claimed that the clubs wage bill was one of the highest and most competitive in the EFL Championship whereas it has been revealed that ours was 6th lowest in the league this season.

The clubs wage bill, which included over 50 members of playing staff, over half of which rarely featured has been continually used as an excuse by Marcus Evans and mouthpiece Milne to raise ticket prices and implement the 5 point plan to reduce expenditure at the club.

Milne arrogantly told supporters few months that "Marcus has put down that five-point plan. That’s still very much in play." and that neither of them will consider their positions.

The club is looking to reduce its wage bill further this season and there is only £3million in fees available for signing players throughout the summer. In terms of transfers this season our expenditure was just £1.42m in 2016/17, one of the lowest in the Championship.

Due to the budget cuts, the quality of footballers being brought into Ipswich by Mick McCarthy has dropped and the club finished 4 points off relegation as a result of Evans's poor leadership, the lowest finish in nearly 60 years. Season Ticket sales have now plummeted and the club will use this as another excuse to implement further cuts moving into the season ahead, so watch this space..

Please share this post to keep supporters informed and invite them to our page.
That merely confirms what a lot of us have long suspected - ME is putting nowhere near the funds into the club that he would have us believe, and the only change for next season is that there will be even less available.

I really fear for next season and - regardless of who is manager - am expecting a very real threat of relegation

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 25, 2017 10:15 am

I think we will know pretty soon if this is the case. When our rivals start bringing in players and Town continue to be "linked with........." but never actually buy ...yes BUY, a player of note.

Then it will be the same old, loans, freebies no one has heard of , or players who have a history of injuries looking to get fit, or simply aren't good enough to get into their Club's 1st team, and that Club is a league one or two outfit. All so bloody depressing, and predictable.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu May 25, 2017 11:46 am

hallamblue wrote:I think we will know pretty soon if this is the case. When our rivals start bringing in players and Town continue to be "linked with........." but never actually buy ...yes BUY, a player of note.

Then it will be the same old, loans, freebies no one has heard of , or players who have a history of injuries looking to get fit, or simply aren't good enough to get into their Club's 1st team, and that Club is a league one or two outfit. All so bloody depressing, and predictable.

I had an idea the other night, let Arsenal be bought by the Russian fella, and the Stan can come and buy us without making a dent in the 1 Billion

Like I said just a thought :mrgreen:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 27, 2017 6:22 pm

I like that thought KL.....problem is I haven't opened a bottle of vino yet, so can't quite join you in that dream lol

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat May 27, 2017 7:27 pm

hallamblue wrote:I like that thought KL.....problem is I haven't opened a bottle of vino yet, so can't quite join you in that dream lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun May 28, 2017 7:38 pm

:roll: again a very interesting read, with the conclusion that its the gate receipts being well down that's the main cause for concern, and Marcus is reliant on quality youth coming through the ranks to first team selection, well I think he will have to revise his thoughts somewhat, as under McCarthy there's very little chance of that happening, I'm sorry Marcus but its the old chicken and egg situation, what comes first, stability and go stale, or gamble on financing a few good quality players, I think you will plumb for steady as we go tactics, BUT if you want the gates to be back to the 25'000 again like the Joe Royale era, who got to us two play offs on sweet FA finances, Brilliant Manager, so in my eyes you have to make two choices, you either now finance Mick to bring in the proper quality players needed for the sustained push for promotion, or leave it as it is, with loans and freebees, low gates, rank style football, and take the huge risk that relegation will beckon us next season, or bring in another very experienced proven manager like Joe Royale who will get us up to the premiership, BUT again you would have to finance this move, or finally just sell up, as you cant expect to sell our quality players that we do get, and not replace them with good replacements, I know if you did sell up the chances of recovering your £87 million would be very doubtful, as you have openly stated its your debt not anyone else's, and if you do leave the club you take that debt loss with you, and Ipswich will have the chance to start afresh with a new owner and a chance to reshape its future, even if we get relegated, so its more of the same old dross which the fans wont put up with, or gamble and finance with Mick at the helm???????????????

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Ash, it'd really need to be a transfer market genius to be at the club before anyone could possibly opt for the option of splashing the cash. If Neil Lennon had brought in the players he did with the cash available and he did a "Roy Keane" and finished 7th, I'd be seriously pi$$ed off. Difference is, most Hibees had faith in Lennon.

If Mick isn't going to be the man for the job, then you better be SURE about the new manager before talk of big transfer market moves. For me, (and I know for you too, more so!) I'd prefer ITFC remained in the Championship. Even with no funds, I believe Mick will do that.

Things need to click on the park for promotion to the EPL to become a reality. I'd say most managers stumble upon that, and it's not their transfer dealings that do it.

tony01

Post by tony01 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Does ME have any ambition for this club? ITFC has fallen from grace and with the bleak outlook we can only live in hope, but alas that will not be enough to keep us in the big leagues.