Well done the Terriors

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ashfordblue

Well done the Terriors

Post by ashfordblue » Tue May 30, 2017 9:40 am

:) Well done to Huddersfield Town winning promotion through the play offs, that's what you can achieve with the right Manager, and a dedicated owner who's spent wisely, and not afraid to get involved with the fan base, they can now look forward to a £170 million payments for their promotion, if only Little old Ipswich had the same type of owner and manager who are willing to invest to get to the end goal of promotion, once again congratulations you deserve it, :cry: whilst we will linger in this league with the same old crap investment and cloggy football.

Also ironic that all the promoted teams wore stripe shirts, Brighton and Huddersfield blue and white and Newcastle Black & White, another one for the pub quiz

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Well done the Terriors

Post by Charnwood » Tue May 30, 2017 10:07 am

Well done indeed but what a crap game of football for the spectators with very few chances created and those that were squandered.

If you look closely at Huddersfields results they conceded exactly the same number of goals as we did so must have a crap defence and only scored 8 goals more without a prolific goal scorer, their best being Kachunga with 12.

The big difference is the ability of their manager who with just 8 scored goals more than us managed to achieve 12 more wins and 10 fewer draws, mmmmmm, a bit of a lesson there for MM.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 31, 2017 1:28 am

It didn't go unnoticed that today is the anniversary of our (own) play-off achievement back in 2000, the game with Barnsley, and everything it entailed. Unusual not to get an annual mention on the pages, maybe it's an oversight, maybe people have been so stifled with all that has occurred in recent years they felt it didn't warrant a mention, even so it's hard to imagine so many years have passed since that epic event.

I don't know how much we received back then for promotion to the EPL but the difference between then and what Huddersfield were provided for this calendar year could be an astronomical figure. 170 million, it sounds absurd, probably another indication that "football" has lost real direction in recent years, but hope they get to spend it in prudent fashion and make sensible use of what's available.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:28 pm

Charnwood wrote:Well done indeed but what a crap game of football for the spectators with very few chances created and those that were squandered.

If you look closely at Huddersfields results they conceded exactly the same number of goals as we did so must have a crap defence and only scored 8 goals more without a prolific goal scorer, their best being Kachunga with 12.

The big difference is the ability of their manager who with just 8 scored goals more than us managed to achieve 12 more wins and 10 fewer draws, mmmmmm, a bit of a lesson there for MM.

the words you're looking for Charny is

ATTACKING ETHOS

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Don't know why but I've wandered into this thread a few times and it makes me angry......, about Jordan Rhodes being let go by Roy Cuntybaws Keane!!!

Apologies, not starting that debate again, the past is the past etc.....,, but .....,

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:57 pm

marko69 wrote:Don't know why but I've wandered into this thread a few times and it makes me angry......, about Jordan Rhodes being let go by Roy Cuntybaws Keane!!!

Apologies, not starting that debate again, the past is the past etc.....,, but .....,
I think Huddersfield might be your trigger word. :wink: