40 days to go to Kick Off

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

40 days to go to Kick Off

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:12 am

And town are still 5 players short. I hope it does not end with panic filled loans/buys just to make the squad up to 24.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: 40 days to go to Kick Off

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:17 am

Where do you feel we still need to strengthen Derick ? Me personally I would like to see a good creative CM come in along with Huws, another striker and possibly another wide man.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 am

It's not even July yet! Have a little faith...

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:26 pm

bluemike wrote:Where do you feel we still need to strengthen Derick ? Me personally I would like to see a good creative CM come in along with Huws, another striker and possibly another wide man.
I'll be very surprised if we sign Huws. I think he'll be staying put.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:55 pm

So what do we think? Was McGinn intended as an alternative to Huws or in addition?

Think it's smart to test the water with a £Im. It might tempt the player to put in a transfer request :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Andym wrote:
bluemike wrote:Where do you feel we still need to strengthen Derick ? Me personally I would like to see a good creative CM come in along with Huws, another striker and possibly another wide man.
I suppose it depends if he is happy to stay at a club with a manager who clearly doesn't rate him enough to play him, personally I think he will move on but to where who knows.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:So what do we think? Was McGinn intended as an alternative to Huws or in addition?

Think it's smart to test the water with a £Im. It might tempt the player to put in a transfer request :wink:
As an Ipswich fan, but Hibernian supporter, I would be devastated. Cummings already heading to Forest, if McGinn left too, it wouldn't be a great start for life back in the SPL after 3 years. In this instance, I'm hoping Mevans keeps his wallet closed.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Would prefer one quality signing, over potential squad fillers. No question that a creative midfielder is top priority - whoever that eventually proves to be. Presumably Bru and Pitman's departure would potentially release more funds; but ME may have already accounted for those with business to date! After that, it's back of the sofa time. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:21 pm

herforder wrote:......, t's back of the sofa time. :wink:
And that time is awesome!! Was given vacuuming duties yesterday afternoon while the wife was out....... £2 coin...... yes, A TWO POUND COIN, down the side of a sofa cushion. SCORE! Finders, keepers and all that. That'll get me a MacD's cappuccino tomorrow morning. :D

Probably my own £2 coin but fk it...... still an amazing experience!

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:27 pm

marko69 wrote:
herforder wrote:......, t's back of the sofa time. :wink:
And that time is awesome!! Was given vacuuming duties yesterday afternoon while the wife was out....... £2 coin...... yes, A TWO POUND COIN, down the side of a sofa cushion. SCORE! Finders, keepers and all that. That'll get me a MacD's cappuccino tomorrow morning. :D

Probably my own £2 coin but fk it...... still an amazing experience!
If you're canny, should last until at least Christmas! :D

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:59 pm

bluemike wrote:
Andym wrote:
I suppose it depends if he is happy to stay at a club with a manager who clearly doesn't rate him enough to play him, personally I think he will move on but to where who knows.
Looks like you were right and i was wrong. Good news assuming it goes through. Happy to be wrong.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Looks like Huws transfer is nearing completion.

Good news if that is confirmed. Good player and one who wants to be here.

I can't say I'm a paid up member of the Mick McCarthy fan club - but if we can get his signature then its a bit of kudos to MM.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:36 pm

It's not about being wrong Andy, it's merely having an opinion that's all, We all get it right or wrong sometime or another. Either way good news indeed

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:23 pm

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Looks like Taylor is to be offered a deal too and if he stays fit brings much experience, stability and cover to the defence, it is a big if with his history though. Three players on the cusp of being secured, all looking hopeful, if they all come off that brings it to Five.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Taylor..... I don't get it .

We have 3 CB s with Webster, chambers and Smith. Maybe Knudsen and Spence as other CB's.

Why get a CB in who can't do more than a couple of games before he's injured?

We all said in January he's injury-prone.... And guess what... He's out for the season after half a game.

Getting players like that in is not good for the club. This 'experience' crap is one thing.... but it adds to the wage bill and we need youngsters to fill the gaps ... not injury-prone has-beens who are looking for the best last contract.