daryl murphy £2M move ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

BLUEBLOOD

daryl murphy £2M move ?

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:18 am

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: daryl murphy £2M move ?

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:51 am

Wee Jase and Big Murphs up front? I wonder how that'll work out for Forest next season. I'm guessing they'll be no where even close to top 6. I apologise to Jason Cummings for that, but I'm hoping he's ready for his rude awakening. Will be keeping a close eye on their progress.

And must say, I am happy for Big Daryl. He worked hard during his defining ITFC season and he's quite rightly making some good money from it as his playing retirement looms closer. Well done, saaaaan!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Ive seen it quoted that he is Britt Assombolonga's replacement, im sorry but he is certainly not that. Murphy will do OK for them, but hes not going to get the goals that Assombolonga got, hes a different sort of player, hes never really been prolific.

If I were Forest I wouldn't be too happy with that business, if they were going to sign Murphy I would have thought it would be a squad player/target man to play up top with someone, but to pin your hopes on him may not be a wise decision in my opinion.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:20 pm

2 million seems almost zero in today's asinine price market and not sure how much of an impact the player could have on them if the deal were to go through. Ideally the team in question should be starting League One soccer in a short time if not for that "great escape" on the final weekend but now they've saved their assess for another Championship campaign you got to be skeptical that Murphy could be a player to fire them ahead and make them competitive once again. Granted he had a standout year with us and can't pass without giving reference to that outstanding contribution a year or two back, but as stated elsewhere he's hardly prolific and could do well to get into double figures should Nottingham acquire his services.