Charlton V Town - Last pre season game.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Charlton V Town - Last pre season game.

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:51 am

Spot on post 611 and I can't disagree with any of it. We cannot hide the fact that yesterday was a disgrace and not acceptable and it only fuels the fires of those that see nothing positive within the club these days, had we won 6-1 it would have meant nothing, that is not to say that no way should we be losing by this margin to anyone, never mind Charlton !!

It is very easy of course to make excuses as to why we lost but your explanation of the situation is spot on, we are without most of the Midfield that would play and we do have players returning from illness etc who are some way off full match fitness, our starting Eleven if everyone is fit would include Webster, Didsy, Adeyemi, Celina and Huws all day long so we still have to see our best Eleven perform. I am not too bothered over it if I am honest, of course I would rather it hadn't happened but I am serious when I say it may just be a good thing that it's happened now cus I really do forsee a massive reaction against Birmingham, I just wish a few of the missing players were returning.

And yes I am suffering a bit this morning but my over confidence is always there whether pissed or otherwise LOL.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:54 am

bluemike wrote:f**king hell Charlton scored more than I did !!! Don't panic it may be the best thing that could have happened lol. Thank God I was otherwise engaged. f*ck my head hurts.
All that is going to happen now is MM will resort back to hoof ball. :x

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:59 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
bluemike wrote:f**king hell Charlton scored more than I did !!! Don't panic it may be the best thing that could have happened lol. Thank God I was otherwise engaged. f*ck my head hurts.
All that is going to happen now is MM will resort back to hoof ball. :x
As long as it works, then good.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Is it right Garner got injured yesterday too and is out of Birmingham game ? If so FFS !!!!!!!!!!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:54 pm

bluemike wrote:Is it right Garner got injured yesterday too and is out of Birmingham game ? If so FFS !!!!!!!!!!
Apparently Mick said he was not sure about the injury and we will have to see how he is. Didsy is definitely a doubt though so by the end of the week I reckon there might be a chance you get a game Mike. :lol:

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Seems as if it is going to be a makeshift team to play Birmingham. Whoever is fit he'll play.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:27 pm

What a f**king nightmare, and the season hasn't even kicked off.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:23 pm

It's going to look like a very defensive squad on Saturday. Play for the draw and win if you can.