here we go again,

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

here we go again,

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:29 pm

.Another season of hopes and dreams is about to start,
Best wishes to the Town for the coming season from the Mol, and let’s hope it’s a great one and sees us both at the top come next May.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Re: here we go again,

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Cheers gold all the best to Wolves too.

With the hefty investment your club has made it will have been failure if you don't reach the top 6.

As for ourselves it's going to be a gruelling long season :(

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:57 pm

I'll tell you one thing Mach, for sure if mick F***S up with a string of crap results ala the Charlton collapse and the Gillingham game of not being able to finish divisions 1 and 2 opposition, I can see us tripping up against a quite strong Birmingham side, and him having his P45 shoved in his hand, and about time too

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 pm

No way ashford.

McCarthy won't be sacked regardless of results or tiffs with fans as Evans doesn't want to pay him off.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:49 pm

I'd put money on McCarthy still being here at the end of the season, that should be good enough to see him gone !

To be honest unless we have a foreign owner prepared to put huge investment into the club not much is likely to change from one season to the next, we just have to get used to it and hope things don't get worse.

Surely it's a little early to start getting despondent, maybe the result at Charlton will at the very least serve as a boot up the arse and eliminate any complacency.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 am

The breaking point for many last season was the Lincoln City debacle. Not just one time, but we still couldn't overcome an opposition team from non-league soccer with two attempts. Remember how f**king livid I was that night and strongly believed McCarthy would realize the situation and step away, but lo and behold it was allowed to continue to end of season.

I ask myself time and again and often enough how the manager has remained in position at this club longer than any other Championship manager and allowed to blunder from one calamity to another and the evident reason is the owner himself. Evans is as soft as sh*t when it comes to making ruthless decisions and even appears to vehemently favor Mick McCarthy's ideas and leadership. Sooner or later something will occur and names will go their separate ways, but until then it's going to be another rough ride.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:59 am

Not sure where this 6-1 hammering puts us.

I'd bet if we'd just lost 1-0, MM would have not have minded. Would have been one refereeing decision or a wonder strike that separated the teams,even if the opposition is League 1 or 2.

He just likes a battle.... To be competitive, even if we get outpassed or outclassed. That's the way he looks at things.

I expect things to be much tighter and competitive when we kick off next week. This reflects badly on MM's CV and ego as he cant make that many excuses or talk his way out of this like he usually does if we lose by one goal. Can see a reaction from this, but not one based on playing flowing football.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:25 am

tangfastic wrote:This reflects badly on MM's CV and ego as he cant make that many excuses or talk his way out of this...
I don't think he's made any excuses here. In fact, quite the opposite......, he has said something very negative that many fans will disagree with.
EADT or TWTD Interview....
Interview guy: There were sounds of booing
Mick: And rightly so. I'd have been booing if I was watching that.

Was quite shocked at reading that if I'm honest. Not a wise thing to say at all, Mick. No need to add more fuel prior to KO.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:26 pm

marko69 wrote:
tangfastic wrote:This reflects badly on MM's CV and ego as he cant make that many excuses or talk his way out of this...
I don't think he's made any excuses here. In fact, quite the opposite......, he has said something very negative that many fans will disagree with.
EADT or TWTD Interview....
Interview guy: There were sounds of booing
Mick: And rightly so. I'd have been booing if I was watching that.

Was quite shocked at reading that if I'm honest. Not a wise thing to say at all, Mick. No need to add more fuel prior to KO.
Was referring to previous matches and typical post-match excuses. If we win 1-0 or get a draw... the 6-1 will be forgotten.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:33 pm

Ain't that the truth.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:34 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:Cheers gold all the best to Wolves too.

With the hefty investment your club has made it will have been failure if you don't reach the top 6.

As for ourselves it's going to be a gruelling long season :(

Thanks Mach, I dare say come the end of the season both our clubs will be joined at the hip as usual, lets hope its higher than last season.
its all looking exciting stuff at the Mol, but I keep thinking in the back of my mind Portsmouth, QPR etc etc. but time will tell.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:02 pm

Come on, Wolfie,……., Portsmouth & QPR? Mickey mouse clubs. Wolves are faaakin HUGE dude….., the days of the old division four are gone for the Wolves. This'll be the season the Wolves start closing the gap on that Poorthorns lot.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 pm

All the best to the wolves John, I just hope you guys can keep pace with us. Look forward to seeing you and Donna again in January?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:43 pm

marko69 wrote:Come on, Wolfie,……., Portsmouth & QPR? Mickey mouse clubs. Wolves are faaakin HUGE dude….., the days of the old division four are gone for the Wolves. This'll be the season the Wolves start closing the gap on that Poorthorns lot.
lets hope so mate, but I still think we have sold our sole to the Chinese, looking on the bright side at my age I might actually get to see us back in European Football again , even if its only Jersey lol.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:49 pm

bluemike wrote:All the best to the wolves John, I just hope you guys can keep pace with us. Look forward to seeing you and Donna again in January?
thanks Mike,just remember we came above you last season, 8) I think the annual trip is on a Saturday this season, must be Liz's round at the bar, must try and get a few more "names" on here to meet,

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:22 pm

marko69 wrote:Come on, Wolfie,……., Portsmouth & QPR? Mickey mouse clubs. Wolves are faaakin HUGE dude….., the days of the old division four are gone for the Wolves. This'll be the season the Wolves start closing the gap on that Poorthorns lot.

Could be a bit of a culture shock coming here.
Imagine these new signings being used to overlooking Rio, Porto, Lisbon, Madrid, ect.
And then waking up overlooking the Dudley harbour, those lucky lads,

Last edited by goldandblack on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Ah, it'll be fine, mate. Don't worry. The Cabbage had a guy come in from Porto back in the 99/00 season.... he was shown Portobello, (or Portybelly in 'Burgh talk) .... and he was sorted.

Costa Del a Dudley!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:39 pm

marko69 wrote:Ah, it'll be fine, mate. Don't worry. The Cabbage had a guy come in from Porto back in the 99/00 season.... he was shown Portobello, (or Portybelly in 'Burgh talk) .... and he was sorted.

Costa Del a Dudley!

Ian Cathro sacked....not much of a manager but.By the sounds of it, he's a brilliant coach, everyone who has worked with him has said that, think Rafa had him at Newcastle too and he was one of few that stayed on when he took over. So, think he would be a real addition to the club and hope Nuno makes it happen.

He'll struggle for a job elsewhere in Britain as the main man IMO, so a move back to coaching looks probable.

I can see him coming to the Mol.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:09 pm

110% out of his depth at the Fuckwits. His TV interviews were 110% cringingly bad. Totally clueless. Jambos were 110% more unhappy with him than Derick is with Mick McAwfy!

https://youtu.be/Rl4QMS0Zh_w

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Micks a 1st class tactician lose against the lower division teams..... get taken lightly by the teams in your division ...AND WHUP THEM. Looking forward to Saturday and maybe a surprise result.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Watership Down wrote:Micks a 1st class tactician lose against the lower division teams..... get taken lightly by the teams in your division ...AND WHUP THEM. Looking forward to Saturday and maybe a surprise result.

I think you have sussed Mick out,
cant see it being a surprise beating those wanabee's Saturday. easy 3-1 win to the Town.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:42 pm

marko69 wrote:110% out of his depth at the Fuckwits. His TV interviews were 110% cringingly bad. Totally clueless. Jambos were 110% more unhappy with him than Derick is with Mick McAwfy!

So your quite impressed with him then mate, :lol:

Anyway the more important thing is, How's the mighty Hibs going to do, and have you replaced your goal scorer.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Watership Down wrote:Micks a 1st class tactician lose against the lower division teams..... get taken lightly by the teams in your division ...AND WHUP THEM. Looking forward to Saturday and maybe a surprise result.
Completely understand the thinking here, WD……, but Mick could be the King of the Tacticians, he wasn't expecting the tanking that happened. He will admit that himself. But hopefully the tactician can put the pieces back together and make it work for this game.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:32 pm

goldandblack wrote:
marko69 wrote:110% out of his depth at the Fuckwits. His TV interviews were 110% cringingly bad. Totally clueless. Jambos were 110% more unhappy with him than Derick is with Mick McAwfy!

Anyway the more important thing is, How's the mighty Hibs going to do, and have you replaced your goal scorer.
The two Murrays and Swanson coming onboard are definitely uplifting for the Hibs, Wolfie. Only time will tell if Cummings will be missed. Looking forward to opener v Partick Thistle. Also quite keen to keep an eye on Wee Jase at Forest.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:07 pm

marko69 wrote:
goldandblack wrote:

The two Murrays and Swanson coming onboard are definitely uplifting for the Hibs, Wolfie. Only time will tell if Cummings will be missed. Looking forward to opener v Partick Thistle. Also quite keen to keep an eye on Wee Jase at Forest.

well they (Murrays) did well at Wimbledon the last few years. lol..I thought we were going to sign Cummings and a shame as a good player.

you heard it here first.
BREAKING NEWS

Wolves boss Nuno 'lines up Ian Cathro for Molineux role' after Hearts sacking

Ian Cathro is reportedly going to be offered a role at Wolves after it is believed he met Wolves boss Nuno this week

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... iP86Oyc.99
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... s-sacking/

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Must admit, definitely will miss Cummings and his "Touch of an angel" left peg….., (his own words :lol: ) Won't miss his "lazy git" days though. Very much like Derek Riordan in that area. We used to say before KO, "Will it be 'cannae be arsed Jason', or 'on fire' Jason?"

You going to be happy with Cathro alongside El Nuno?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:35 pm

marko69 wrote:Must admit, definitely will miss Cummings and his "Touch of an angel" left peg….., (his own words :lol: ) Won't miss his "lazy git" days though. Very much like Derek Riordan in that area. We used to say before KO, "Will it be 'cannae be arsed Jason', or 'on fire' Jason?"

You going to be happy with Cathro alongside El Nuno?

sounds like he's a bit like young leigh G, was talk of us re-signing him but never happened.

Cathro worked with Nuno at Valencia he seemed to be highly rated as a coach so will have to see, my worry is agent Mendes has to much import into the club so regardless of managers and coaches I think they have there cards dealt for them to play regardless how good they are.

tell you what, I have always said all this money and agents will kill our football in time so I'm not going to change my opinion now Wolves have gone down that street,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:08 pm

It's definitely killing the sport as we know it as a whole....... but I suppose it's working for individual clubs like the Manchesters and Chelsea etc. For me, the game is crying out for scrapping the Champions League, and making one big European Super League for the Manchesters, Chelsea, Bayern, Barca etc etc etc. There would still be plenty of money left in the game for the remainder of the clubs (in Europe) to be able to compete in their respective countries. Tottenham, Everton, etc becoming the top clubs in England. Maybe even bringing back the old European Cup in its older format. Obviously I'm in total cloud cuckoo land with all this sh*t as it'll never happen, but people are, imo, losing interest very quickly with the current set up. Can't speak for you or your mates but no one in my group of buddies could give two fks about the Champions League. Bores the tits off us. And we watch Scottish fitbaw FFS! It's the format. It's boring now.

And regarding Super Leigh? Cummings hasn't (and probably won't) reach his level. Leigh Griffiths is a highly underestimated football player.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:46 pm

A few years back I thought we might see a European Super League but I can't see it happening now, unfortunately the Premier League had become so lucrative none of the big clubs would ever want to walk away from it especially with the Champions League still in place.

Like you Mark I find the Champions League a bore and only follow it from the start of the Knock Out stages and only then when a British/English club is involved, in fact I can't remember the last game I watched with two foreign sides playing.

On the subject of Agents I think they just take too much money out of the game.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Maybe I meant the "King of Fools"