Webster out!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Webster out!

Post by K L Blue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Webster is out until after the international break!

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2017/august ... for-month/

hallamblue

Re: Webster out!

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:28 pm

He's becoming another bloody sick note along with Hyam, Bishop and McGoldrick IMO

When has Webster actually really been fit since he joined us ? He was out injured when we bought him !!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:He's becoming another bloody sick note along with Hyam, Bishop and McGoldrick IMO

When has Webster actually really been fit since he joined us ? He was out injured when we bought him !!
Hallam
It certainly seems that way.
Just hope Huws is going to be back soon and his injury doesn't turn out to be a long term thing as well.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:37 pm

I said a few weeks ago that we have issues in the central defence - 2 who are liable to make mistakes and 1 who appears injury prone. I know we have had 2 clean sheets but i think that's more down to opponents' failings than our defensive qualities.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:44 pm

It is a concern with Websters injury record, am I right in saying it is the same injury that keeps flaring up ? In a way I hope it is as that would not suggest he is injury prone more so that he is struggling to shake the bloody thing off. Webster is a key player for us and the best CB at the club, we need him fit.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Given he's never played more than 27 league games in any one season would suggest he's always been injury prone. I know he's only 22 so this may not be strictly true, only time will tell but the signs aren't good.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:19 am

bluemike wrote:It is a concern with Websters injury record, am I right in saying it is the same injury that keeps flaring up ? In a way I hope it is as that would not suggest he is injury prone more so that he is struggling to shake the bloody thing off. Webster is a key player for us and the best CB at the club, we need him fit.
A concern as you say Mike, especially as he had surgery last season, which one would have hoped would put things right for good. Definitely a worry.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Hes looked a class act when fit,would love to see him come back and cement his place in the team.Luckily it seems to be the same problem he cant seem to shake off,as opposed to several different things wrong with him.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 pm

I think injuries occur more at this level due to the limited athleticism of most Championship players. I am a bit concerned at the level and frequency of injuries occurring to our younger players: Hyam, Bishop, Dozzell.