Didn't see this coming.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tricky

Didn't see this coming.

Post by Tricky » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:33 pm

After the season we had last, I really didn't see us going 3 for 0 at the start of this season. Fantastic start and playing ok. Long may it last.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Didn't see this coming.

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 am

Great isn't it, and so pleasing to have established ourselves as the number One club in East Anglia again, as you say long may it continue.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

Tricky wrote:After the season we had last, I really didn't see us going 3 for 0 at the start of this season. Fantastic start and playing ok. Long may it last.

great to see you posting .... welcome to the forums buddy

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Frosty wrote:
Tricky wrote:After the season we had last, I really didn't see us going 3 for 0 at the start of this season. Fantastic start and playing ok. Long may it last.

great to see you posting .... welcome to the forums buddy
Thanks Frosty. This looks like a good forum for true Blues.

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:51 pm

bluemike wrote:Great isn't it, and so pleasing to have established ourselves as the number One club in East Anglia again, as you say long may it continue.
Mustn't get carried away, been a Town fan far to long to do that, but I think 3 points against Brentford is likely.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Tricky wrote:
bluemike wrote:Great isn't it, and so pleasing to have established ourselves as the number One club in East Anglia again, as you say long may it continue.
Mustn't get carried away, been a Town fan far to long to do that, but I think 3 points against Brentford is likely.
I'd love to think so but Brentford are a much better side than their results so far this season and with a very stopgap defence I think we'll do extremely well to get anything out of the game. I can't see any alternative tomorrow to a back 4 of Iorfa,Spence, Knudsen and Kenlock. I don't mind Knudsen on the left side of three CBs but I'm not sure how he'll cope as one of four at the back. Brentford apparently this season are passing the ball for fun - and sooner rather than later the oppo will bang in more goals than us. I really hope I'm wrong.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:32 am

RRanger wrote:
Tricky wrote:
I'd love to think so but Brentford are a much better side than their results so far this season and with a very stopgap defence I think we'll do extremely well to get anything out of the game. I can't see any alternative tomorrow to a back 4 of Iorfa,Spence, Knudsen and Kenlock. I don't mind Knudsen on the left side of three CBs but I'm not sure how he'll cope as one of four at the back. Brentford apparently this season are passing the ball for fun - and sooner rather than later the oppo will bang in more goals than us. I really hope I'm wrong.
Yes that is pretty much the same as I believe. Brentford are no mugs and do pass the ball well.

Everyone can see that our makeshift are holding out ok and that is largely because we outscore the opposition. I can't see a clean sheet but I can see us scoring which is always a great thing.

I would love Mick again to be positive and give it a real go, let the opposition worry about us and not us worrying about them. Patience and confidence with a touch of persistence should be enough to make a match where the fans will back the players up, win loose or draw.

pathay

Post by pathay » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Same down here in Cardiff been expecting someone to click their fingers to get us out of this dream but how I hope it will carry on. Big test today against Wolves away but I fancy our chances,

pathay

Post by pathay » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Cardiff 1-0 up at Wolves

pathay

Post by pathay » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:28 pm

You are top at the moment . 1-1 at Wolves

pathay

Post by pathay » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Sorry Cardiff 2 Wolves 1 back on top.