September Fixtures

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

September Fixtures

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:32 am

So August has come and gone and we accrued 12 big points, more than anyone predicited for sure, we also got passed Luton where most felt we would come unstuck so it has to go down as a very profitable Month.

Moving on to September and pick the bones out of these fixtures, it really does look a tough month but for me the key is our home form, I actually think with a couple of players back we could win all three home games.

QPR (A)
Derby (A)
Bolton (H)
Leeds (A)
Sunderland (H)
Bristol City (H)

I am going for 10 points from the 18 on offer, Three wins which I think could be all the home games and a point at QPR, I dont see much from the trip to derby even if it is a happy hunting ground for myself and the team, Leeds away has to go down as a defeat for me, saw them again yesterday and they look the real deal at times. Should we accrue the 10 points it would see us still sitting pretty in the Top Six for sure.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: September Fixtures

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:17 pm

QPR (A) DRAW
DERBY (A) DRAW
BOLTON (H) WIN
LEEDS (A) LOSS
SUNDERLAND (H) DRAW
BRISTOL CITY (H) WIN

9 points in September.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:22 pm

5 points. A win and 2 draws from the home games.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:48 pm

7 points.

Lose all 3 away games.

Beat Bolton and Bristol City at home. Draw against Sunderland.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:58 am

Queens Park Rangers Away win 3 - 1

Derby County Away win 1 - 0

Bolton Wanderers Home loss 0 - 1

Leeds United Away loss 0 - 1

Sunderland Home draw 1 - 1

Bristol City Home win 1 - 0

10 points / 18

Can't emphasize enough the unpredictability of this league so whatever is presented, by all means anything other can and will occur. It's imperative the team recovers immediately from this weekend and maintains it's form prior to the Fulham game but there's all manner of opposition teams in the time ahead that will prove awkward and undecisive.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:33 am

Understand that anything presented, in the present, not the past, but sometimes in the future, but in two weeks, the present, anything can, and will occur, or maybe not occur, but something will definitely occur, and in that occurrence, in the future, whereby it will be the present, when it's reached, and most certainly not the past, that hopefully, Bolton, haven't got their sh*t together that much.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 pm

marko69 wrote:Understand that anything presented, in the present, not the past, but sometimes in the future, but in two weeks, the present, anything can, and will occur, or maybe not occur, but something will definitely occur, and in that occurrence, in the future, whereby it will be the present, when it's reached, and most certainly not the past, that hopefully, Bolton, haven't got their sh*t together that much.
You're taking the p*ss now

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Well i for one did´nt expect this flying great start to the season. Delighted for Mick and TC and the boys but mostly for the fans after too long with not a great deal to sing and shout about ,its looking pretty good. The Fulham side bossed us from start to finish and wanted it more ,but four wins is still for win so nobody could complain. Next month after the international break will be i think harder than the first month. I believe we started well last season before we went sliding down the table.
Being a pessimistic bugger i fear not much again next month.

QPR (A) 2-1
Derby (A) 3-1
Bolton (H) 2-0
Leeds (A) 3-1
Sunderland (H) 1-1
Bristol City (H) 2-0

Seven points for me.

Bloody hope Im way off the mark. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Andym wrote:
marko69 wrote:Understand that anything presented, in the present, not the past, but sometimes in the future, but in two weeks, the present, anything can, and will occur, or maybe not occur, but something will definitely occur, and in that occurrence, in the future, whereby it will be the present, when it's reached, and most certainly not the past, that hopefully, Bolton, haven't got their sh*t together that much.
You're taking the p*ss now
Yep, well spotted, Andy.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:44 pm

phily bon bon wrote:Well i for one did´nt expect this flying great start to the season. Delighted for Mick and TC and the boys but mostly for the fans after too long with not a great deal to sing and shout about ,its looking pretty good. The Fulham side bossed us from start to finish and wanted it more ,but four wins is still for win so nobody could complain. Next month after the international break will be i think harder than the first month. I believe we started well last season before we went sliding down the table.
Being a pessimistic bugger i fear not much again next month.

QPR (A) 2-1
Derby (A) 3-1
Bolton (H) 2-0
Leeds (A) 3-1
Sunderland (H) 1-1
Bristol City (H) 2-0

Seven points for me.

Bloody hope Im way off the mark. :D
That's actually not as pessimistic as you think, PBB.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:11 pm

A draw with Bolton and a win against bristol. Dont think any points against the others. 4 points in all.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:05 pm

QPR (A) DRAW
DERBY (A) DRAW
BOLTON (H) WIN
LEEDS (A) DRAW
SUNDERLAND (H) WIN
BRISTOL CITY (H) WIN

12 points in September

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:58 pm

QPR (A) WIN
Derby (A) LOSE
Bolton (H) WIN
Leeds (A) WIN
Sunderland (H) LOSE
Bristol City (H) WIN

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:54 pm

QPR (A) Lose
DERBY (A) Lose
BOLTON (H) Win
LEEDS (A) Lose
SUNDERLAND (H) Win
BRISTOL CITY (H) Win

I'd be happy to take 9 points in September.