Bart Going Nowhere

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Bart Going Nowhere

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:01 am

Blues keeper Bartosz Bialkowski says he won’t be going anywhere in the final days of the transfer window and has reiterated that he’d be happy to see out the rest of his career at Portman Road.

The summer transfer window closes at 11pm on Thursday with Town boss Mick McCarthy understood to be looking to bring in only another central defender.

Bialkowski says the Blues manager won’t have to add another keeper to his late window list of targets.

“I’m loving life in Ipswich and playing for this club," he said. "I’m happy with my contract and I can promise Ipswich fans I will still be here next game.

“I know in football you never really know what’s round the corner but as far as I’m concerned I want to stay here forever.

“I’m going abroad on Wednesday for a couple of days with my family to enjoy myself. I’m 100 per cent staying with Ipswich.

“I feel happy and sorted here. My family is happy here and I will do everything I can to keep them happy.”

Town fans had braced themselves for close season interest in Bialkowski, the club’s Player of the Year for the last two seasons, with the former Southampton and Notts County man having revealed that the Blues received enquiries from a number of clubs in January, Premier League Burnley among them.

But, despite Wolves being keen earlier in the summer when we understand they were quoted a £5 million fee, Bialkowski, who is contracted to the Blues for another season with the club having an option for a further year, remains a Town player going into the window’s final few days.

The keeper, who has previously stated he'd be open to extending his Blues contract, believes Town can take a lot of pluses from the first month of the season, despite Saturday’s 2-0 home loss to Fulham in his 100th league appearance for the club.

“They showed some quality and deserved to win,” Bialkowski said of the Cottagers who dominated Saturday’s match and might have won more convincingly.

“Fulham are the best team we have played this season. It was the same last season when they beat us twice. But we can take a lot of positives from the month though with the four league wins.

“Fulham have not had a good start but unfortunately for us they turned up here with a hunger and desire to win this game. They played well and took their chances so well done to them.

“The youngsters will learn from their mistakes and will benefit in the future. That said they have been fantastic. Jonas [Knudsen] was great again, as was Jordan [Spence], and even though they were out of position they did a great job really.”

The 30-year-old says he and his team-mates, who are second in the table behind Cardiff, now the only side in the division with a 100 per cent record, would have taken their August points haul had it been offered to them on the opening day, particularly given the illness and injury situation.

“If you had said to me we would have 12 points going into the international break I would have taken it,” he added. “We have built a great platform to go on from, which has to be good.

“It has been a tough month so it will be good to get a rest and recharge, then we have another tough month with six games in a short space of time. We need to rest and make sure we are ready for another crazy month and stay high in the table.

“We have been really unlucky with injuries and illness, I never seen anything like it throughout my career.

“It was bad enough to lose all three centre-halves, then it has been midfielders, all together we have lost 11 first team players.

“At least this break will give us time to get many players back fit. That means we will come back in September, even better, stronger and ready to go again."
Good news for those convinced he would be on the way this transfer window, he really does come a cross as a genuine and decent guy, if only he could kick a ball that 5 Million could be doubled !!!

Tangfastic

Re: Bart Going Nowhere

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 am

Great news and shows he loves being here.

He's also not one of those just looking to get a long contract in his comfort zone .... he's working his arse off every week to keep us in games.

Top bloke !!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:16 am

I must've missed all the reports that others were interested in Bailkowski. News to me, and this new news that he's staying at ITFC is excellent. Definitely sounds like he "could" be the sole reason the club sit in 2nd place.

Well...... him & Garner.

And Waghorn.

And Downes.

And Jonas.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:22 pm

This is indeed great news - perhaps ME might like to reflect his loyalty and passion for the club with an improved bag of gold. He's probably worth his weight in it!

Agree that his kicking needs to improve; but so far no disastrous consequences, and far outweighed by the 98% of good stuff that he does for the team on a very consistsnt basis. Top man.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:37 pm

He is indeed worth his weight in Gold and without him we would be a far inferior team, however I don't think we should dismiss his poor kicking quite so lightly, it is beyond woeful and actually loses possession time and time again, if it was Skuse god forbid, or any other outfield player losing possession that often it would not go unnoticed. Bart is a top top shot stopper, the best in the Championship in my biased view, but other aspects of his game are very ordinary, as already stated his kicking, he is not great at commanding his box, his catching and punching could be a lot better too. I am certainly not having a go at the guy though because as you say the good far outweighs the bad but his limitations probably explain why he is at Ipswich and not a lower league Premier side at the very least.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Good news in my book,hes been consistant and steady throughout his tenure here at PR. The best we have had in many a year.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:31 pm

bluemike wrote:He is indeed worth his weight in Gold and without him we would be a far inferior team, however I don't think we should dismiss his poor kicking quite so lightly, it is beyond woeful and actually loses possession time and time again, if it was Skuse god forbid, or any other outfield player losing possession that often it would not go unnoticed. Bart is a top top shot stopper, the best in the Championship in my biased view, but other aspects of his game are very ordinary, as already stated his kicking, he is not great at commanding his box, his catching and punching could be a lot better too. I am certainly not having a go at the guy though because as you say the good far outweighs the bad but his limitations probably explain why he is at Ipswich and not a lower league Premier side at the very least.
Yep, of course the caveat has to be 'at this level. And when you're playing behind a team full of quality and confidence, it doesn't half improve your own game! But more positives than negatives.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:53 pm

bluemike wrote:He is indeed worth his weight in Gold and without him we would be a far inferior team, however I don't think we should dismiss his poor kicking quite so lightly, it is beyond woeful and actually loses possession time and time again, if it was Skuse god forbid, or any other outfield player losing possession that often it would not go unnoticed. Bart is a top top shot stopper, the best in the Championship in my biased view, but other aspects of his game are very ordinary, as already stated his kicking, he is not great at commanding his box, his catching and punching could be a lot better too. I am certainly not having a go at the guy though because as you say the good far outweighs the bad but his limitations probably explain why he is at Ipswich and not a lower league Premier side at the very least.
Actually, Mike, I believe that Skuse actually does give possession away far more often than Bart :wink:

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:52 pm

As much as outfield players losing possession, of equal concern is our ability to be more effective when in possession. Notwithstanding Fulham's superiority on Saturday, our ability to 'look after' the ball was poor. Something MM commented on post-match.

If our main tactic against better footballing teams is to play narrow, defend the central areas, win possession and look to hit teams on the break, then keeping hard won possession is key. But then we need to be set up to achieve that, too!