We're signing another potential sick note I see

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

We're signing another potential sick note I see

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:25 pm

The Brighton CB. Whilst I welcome the player to our Club I can't help but feel perplexed that we are signing yet another potential sick note! We never learn do we !!

charlton837

Re: We're signing another potential sick note I see

Post by charlton837 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Hardly say he's a sick note. He was found to have a heart problem beginning for the year and needed an emergency op. I'm not sure he was always injured before that? Not a 'footballing injury'. I think it could be a good signing, right age and could be useful. Time will tell on that one

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:07 pm

Yes agreed, Charlton. If the guy was a potential sick note due to his previous heart condition, then im sure doctors would see that as potentially dangerous and his career would be over.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Im pleased about this potential signing too, decent CB. let's face it last season nearly all our players had a heart problem, they didn't f**king have one !!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:06 pm

I mean sick note in his potential to be unwell or not physically fit enough Cardio- vascular wise to play CC again. Why are BHA dispensing with his services, having previously so highly rated him. Just asking the questions really.

If he's such a good acquisition seems odd they are allowing him to leave.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:35 pm

Know zero about this player other than the interest suggested but the general consensus seems favorable and would be a welcome addition if possible. If a medic has approved his fitness and he's OK to sign up than why not allow him a run-out.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:45 pm

Looks like it could fall through.......................................

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32200

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:20 pm

If we don't sign someone soon I will be right pissed off.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:24 pm

I would be ok with it if the deal goes through. No Doctor or Team in their right mind would allow him to play if there was any suggestion that he may have issues. Huge liability costs

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 pm

hallamblue wrote:I mean sick note in his potential to be unwell or not physically fit enough Cardio- vascular wise to play CC again. Why are BHA dispensing with his services, having previously so highly rated him. Just asking the questions really.

Why did Rangers sell Waghorn and Garner? One mans rubbish is another mans treasure.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:40 pm

hallamblue wrote:I mean sick note in his potential to be unwell or not physically fit enough Cardio- vascular wise to play CC again. Why are BHA dispensing with his services, having previously so highly rated him. Just asking the questions really.

Maybe the club should skip all this, Hallam and try and sign Cardio-Vascular? Heard he's fast and can run all day long. Might be worth a look at?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 pm

And I think THE Rangers offloaded Waghorn and Garner because that guy in charge really hasn't got a scooby what he's doing! :lol:

Didn't really know a lot about Garner but I was surprised when Waghorn was allowed to go. Lewis Stevenson had a nightmare time against him in all games.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:24 pm

Town boss Mick McCarthy has revealed that Brighton central defender Connor Goldson had even been handed a squad number before his proposed loan move to the Blues broke down last Thursday, the final day of the transfer window.

As TWTD revealed, Goldson was at the club and had undergone a medical with the terms of his loan agreed before the collapse of the Seagulls’ loan move for Club Brugge defender Stefano Denswil scuppered the switch.

The Belgian side pulled the plug on Denswil’s exit as another of their defenders, Benoît Poulain, was facing a longer than anticipated spell on the sidelines.

“It was stressful for Connor, I think,” McCarthy reflected on the day’s events. “And I feel really sorry for him because he’d committed to me, to Ipswich, to coming here and there were lots of other people in his earhole trying to convince him to go here, there and everywhere, other coaches trying to convince him otherwise.

“And fair play to Chris Hughton at Brighton, to Connor, to Simon Kennedy his agent, who stuck with us all the time, despite everybody else trying to bend his ear and get him anywhere else.

“And then right at the very end of it, the player that Brighton were going to get, he was OK, they’d got their player in on loan, but the club they were getting him from one of their centre-backs got injured, so they had to call him back.

“And that was the nonsense during the day. Connor was here, he’d signed the forms, he was ready to start with us, he’d got his squad number, but Brighton couldn’t do the deal and then they couldn’t get a centre-half and I think they tried pretty much all day. It was kind of no fault of anybody’s really.

“And in the end I was made aware of Callum Connolly’s availability and we were going to take them both.

“I said to Marcus, ‘Can we do them both, let’s take that one and then at least we’ve got one and if the other one doesn’t happen, then it doesn’t happen but we’ve got a good defender in’. So that’s what happened, that’s the full story of it.”

While the closure of the window means he can’t sign players who are with clubs, McCarthy can still bring in free agents. Might he go down that route?

“Not for Saturday, let’s see how we get on. We might be brilliant and have a clean sheet and, to be fair, they pretty much have been so far, we just came up against a very good team in Fulham and they were better than us. But I can't say it was any fault of the back four or anybody in particular.”

Clears that one up, not down to Town at all, have to feel sorry for the lad himself.