Sky To Broadcast Every Midweek Championship Fixture

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Sky To Broadcast Every Midweek Championship Fixture

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:59 am

Live from next season. If true surely this will have yet further impact on attendances.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ports.html

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Sky To Broadcast Every Midweek Championship Fixture

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 am

Bloody crazy really, I have always believed that eventually every game will be available live from every Division and this is just a step nearer, however I think I am right in saying that attendances continue to rise in this country and I don't think it will have an adverse effect on it going forward, it will help those that are unable to go, especially away from home.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:27 am

And I still don't get to see one fecking fixture a season.

2 mins on the Football League Show is my sum connection to Town

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Frosty wrote:And I still don't get to see one fecking fixture a season.

2 mins on the Football League Show is my sum connection to Town
You can always subscribe to IFollow. Available for anyone outside the UK and Ireland.

I pay 130 euros a season for 46 games. Pretty ropey camerawork - no commentary - no fancy extras,like SkuseWatch - but I can't complain watching ITFC live for under 3 euros a game. Never the same as going to the match, but its better than relying on Mills / Mathie radio commentaries.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:53 pm

bluemike wrote:Bloody crazy really, I have always believed that eventually every game will be available live from every Division and this is just a step nearer, however I think I am right in saying that attendances continue to rise in this country and I don't think it will have an adverse effect on it going forward, it will help those that are unable to go, especially away from home.
Probably work out cheaper for me to have a season ticket again rather than replace the tv every time I put my boot through it when we lose. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
bluemike wrote:Bloody crazy really, I have always believed that eventually every game will be available live from every Division and this is just a step nearer, however I think I am right in saying that attendances continue to rise in this country and I don't think it will have an adverse effect on it going forward, it will help those that are unable to go, especially away from home.
Probably work out cheaper for me to have a season ticket again rather than replace the tv every time I put my boot through it when we lose. :lol:
PMSL

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Sounds a reasonable deal if true although as with most things, nothing is undertaken without money in mind and individuals making some considerable revenue. Primarily it's some f*ck out to make a profit, the fans will always come second, but for those who can't travel or possess sky television capabilities, it's an OK arrangement.

As mentioned can't envisage much change in crowd attendance. You can't beat the experience of live entertainment but will be interesting to see how this proposed deal works off the ground rather than just speculation and / or fundamental stages.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am

People who want to go to football matches, will still do it regardless of whether it's on tv or not. Sadly you would likely lose a few but I can't see it having a huge impact on attendances because most people know that going to the game is a million times better than watching it on tv.