Any news on McGoldrick?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dubai Blue

Any news on McGoldrick?

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 am

Was interested to see that McGoldrick was released from the ROI squad for the last game and not involved in the first. Does that mean that he wasn't fully fit? Did anyone hear anything on that?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Any news on McGoldrick?

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:15 am

All i know is that there was 3 players released from the ROI squad and allowed to return home. I suspect he wasnt fully fit and never going to play. Fingers crossed time

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Twtd and Stuart Watson ( twitter), both indicate there has beeen no further injury to the Town striker.

I personally would still wager that he is out of the team soon because of injury ( hamstring). All seems a bit odd to be that a player makes the final squad, and then is told they can return home. What's all that about?.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Im slightly less concerned in that it isnt just him.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:35 am

Well in fact it does make sense to release players that aren't going to be involved in the final game as they can go back to their clubs and O'Neill knows that he needs to look after the club relationships. There was just that niggling possibility..... I guess we will see soon enough. Didz will obviously be one of the first on the next team sheet if he's fit.

Great result by a very competent ROI last night too. What are the chances of another big game against Italy in the playoffs :wink: