Whatever happened to our patience chaps & chapesses?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Whatever happened to our patience chaps & chapesses?

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Jaysus H!! So 9 got his wish eh? Group feckin hugs all round?

Just received first orders in the new job………, "Agent 69, get them all fighting again!"

So, Skusey? Fkn World Class, man.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:03 am

Skuse is the man for sure

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:18 am

Frosty wrote:nice post Andy
Yes ... get the message LOUD and CLEAR.

Be grateful for what we've got ... be careful what you wish for ... keep Blue Mike happy as this forum would be f*cked without him and we can't have him spitting his dummy out ... don't moan ... don't criticize MM .. etc

Frosty, I wonder if yourself and the Global Moderators have had a chat and possibly trying to steer the forum in a certain direction ... or align this forum in a certain way . Your business - and yourself and those guys put heaps of time, effort and not a little passion into this. Great work and you all guys deserve bundles of credit. Frosty, Just for clarification - and genuinely not trying to stir the pot - what do you want from this forum? What do you expect from anybody who wishes to contribute to the forum? Do you have a certain direction/stance in mind for this forum?

That wasn't a jibe at BlueMike BTW - I could see a few getting worried that he might have gone AWOL. :)

Just reading between the lines ... some things look a bit contrived at the moment after this week's hand-baggery (which was actually pretty interesting).

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:15 am

tangfastic wrote:

Be grateful for what we've got ... be careful what you wish for ... keep Blue Mike happy as this forum would be f*cked without him and we can't have him spitting his dummy out ... don't moan ... don't criticize MM .. etc

Frosty, I wonder if yourself and the Global Moderators have had a chat and possibly trying to steer the forum in a certain direction ... or align this forum in a certain way . Your business - and yourself and those guys put heaps of time, effort and not a little passion into this. Great work and you all guys deserve bundles of credit. Frosty, Just for clarification - and genuinely not trying to stir the pot - what do you want from this forum? What do you expect from anybody who wishes to contribute to the forum? Do you have a certain direction/stance in mind for this forum?

That wasn't a jibe at BlueMike BTW - I could see a few getting worried that he might have gone AWOL. :)

Just reading between the lines ... some things look a bit contrived at the moment after this week's hand-baggery (which was actually pretty interesting).

Hi Mate

I completely get your point.

Just to clarify one thing, these changes were lined up at the start of the season, just were not implemented due to lack of technical support.

Certainly it's not Mike's forum, or my forum for that matter .... I consider it everyone's forum as we actually all share a mutual goal.

I don't always agree with Mike for the record, but none the less, he does have is own way of getting conversation moving along. ;-)

Rob (The Don) had the view, snip any moment of discontent in the bud. Rob and I differed on this point, I am of the view we are all adults and a bit of passion (even if pushing the boundries) is ok. One of us is wrong. :lol:

My personal wish for this forum (regardless of how big or small the future holds) is to treat it like the corner pub after a game where a few regulars get together. Maybe it's a Kiwi thing, but I have spent most of my life arguing with my friends at pubs, but we still leave as mates.

I have been blessed enough to actually meet and become friends with a number of people on this forum (and I am 12000 miles away).

I would welcome anyone to post on here (even budgies if it adds colour), I guess my question to you is ............. do you not feel that you can post comfortably on here? as if not, then yes I am definitely failing this forum!

Am I answering your question adequately? .......... feel free to PM me if you want to take it off record

cheers Dave

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:42 am

tangfastic wrote:

Tang, I have just re-read Andy's post ........... I personally think it made sense (and trust me I have seen this bugger pissed first hand ;-)).

What part of this post annoys you for want of a better word?

cheers Dave

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:42 am

I would like to add the following point to all..

Now the changes have been made to the style of the forum by
way of amalgamating some forums into others, it should make easier viewing and
reading for all the 'guests' that visit us daily.

Figures show that on occasions during the day we have more 'guests'
on line than members. Guests can see what we discuss on here and also
how we conduct our behaviour. The growth of the forum can be partly dependant
on what people see and lets be honest sometimes it can be very off-putting
to say the least.

Frosty is putting up his time and money to keep this forum going, as did I,
but everyone has a point in time when they may reflect on what they do
and decide their time and money is best spent in other areas of life.
Be thankful Frosty is still behind TB.com and if any of you really believe in
this forum then take a bit of time out from all your own agendas and get
a friend to join or an old member to reconsider coming back, that will go a long
way to helping the forum continue to be enjoyable.

Thanks

Earl

Frosty wrote:
tangfastic wrote:

Hi Mate

I completely get your point.

Just to clarify one thing, these changes were lined up at the start of the season, just were not implemented due to lack of technical support.

Certainly it's not Mike's forum, or my forum for that matter .... I consider it everyone's forum as we actually all share a mutual goal.

I don't always agree with Mike for the record, but none the less, he does have is own way of getting conversation moving along. ;-)

Rob (The Don) had the view, snip any moment of discontent in the bud. Rob and I differed on this point, I am of the view we are all adults and a bit of passion (even if pushing the boundries) is ok. One of us is wrong. :lol:

My personal wish for this forum (regardless of how big or small the future holds) is to treat it like the corner pub after a game where a few regulars get together. Maybe it's a Kiwi thing, but I have spent most of my life arguing with my friends at pubs, but we still leave as mates.

I have been blessed enough to actually meet and become friends with a number of people on this forum (and I am 12000 miles away).

I would welcome anyone to post on here (even budgies if it adds colour), I guess my question to you is ............. do you not feel that you can post comfortably on here? as if not, then yes I am definitely failing this forum!

Am I answering your question adequately? .......... feel free to PM me if you want to take it off record

cheers Dave

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Frosty wrote:
tangfastic wrote:

Tang, I have just re-read Andy's post ........... I personally think it made sense (and trust me I have seen this bugger pissed first hand ;-)).

What part of this post annoys you for want of a better word?

cheers Dave
Dave (or Frosty) - actually I skimmed through Charnwood's post... it just seemed more of putting things in perspective on a group level , rather than an individual's post. Like I said - it felt a bit contrived. Just felt like there was a message there for all of us - from a group perspective (yourself, BM, Marko, Charnwood) as you all seem to covering each other's backs at the moment and trying to reinforce positivity, patience, etc.

Completely genuine when I'm saying I'm not taking the p*ss or having a dig.

Dave or Frosty - many thanks for your time/effort and for bank-rolling this. And to the others who spend a lot of time on this (BlueMike, Marko, etc). Good luck with the forum - you deserve it to be a success. Just not for me - bit cliquey around certain members and a closed shop on certain subjects. Genuinely all the best COYB.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:17 pm

I get a bit pissed off at continually seeing my name brought up in threads, wtf is all this "Bluemike forum" sh*t? Grow up ffs. When someone says "it isnt a dig a someone " it most certainly is, i rarely use a posters name as it is then aimed at that person, however i will always respond if my name is brought up. I was happy to f*ck off the other day and tbh still am as I dont believe some are worthy of my time , I stayed purely out of a sense of loyalty to Dave but i really dont need this sh*t. Better things to do. Enjoy the forum but ive really had enough, its ok to be bloody negative but god forbid if you choose to be positive !!! As i say, quite happy to leave you all to it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm

And as for spitting ones dummy out Tang, you've just done that very thing buddy.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:23 pm

I think the pub analogy is the best, how people treat each other on the internet vs how they would in real life is one of the curses of it. It shouldn't be the moderator's (barman's) job to shape the forum much, it's up to the members to behave as they would in a public environment.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:35 pm

On the current mood at the moment, there is a hell of a lot of hypocrisy, a lot of negative people saying they can't voice their opinion, they're getting bullied etc. I just don't see it, I don't see any deleted posts etc. They say they get shouted down every time they voice their opinion, well not half as much as the abuse as Mike has had to put up with recently and whenever I've dipped in to the forum. It's obvious after a loss some are going to come on here and vent a load of vitriol, that's fair enough, they're probably going to be heckled in return if that's all they do, as they're just running on emotion; but put down a reasonable argument about what you think should or can be done and contribute to the forum, then you'll always be listened to. Just because someone makes a post disagreeing, doesn't mean they're putting you down, trying to shut you up, forcing their opinion on people and all that, they're trying to have a conversation or debate about things, that's what a forum is.

I hate as much as anyone that we're stuck with a seemingly ambivalent owner, but what are we going to do, moan and vent about it, or discuss actual possible action? Would a protest do anything, would it make Evans more likely to sell, would it put off potential buyers etc. How much is the club worth, what are the debts, have we got any rich members?! Instead I just see EVANS OUT!!! Well great, thanks for that helpful post, you're just venting your anger.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:47 pm

I don't get the cliquey comment at all Tang?

I don't need a group opinion, I have my own, if you think the moderators are always a united bunch at all times, then you certainly have missed a lot of interesting threads on here in the past.

I have seen what I consider a positive poster on here in the past week (gold and black) absolutely hammered for trying to defend the clubs current position. (And I let the thread run)

In fact there would be substantially more negative posts than positive ones within this forum over the past few weeks, so where is this hidden agenda you are referring to on here please?

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Ricco wrote:On the current mood at the moment, there is a hell of a lot of hypocrisy, a lot of negative people saying they can't voice their opinion, they're getting bullied etc. I just don't see it, I don't see any deleted posts etc. They say they get shouted down every time they voice their opinion, well not half as much as the abuse as Mike has had to put up with recently and whenever I've dipped in to the forum. It's obvious after a loss some are going to come on here and vent a load of vitriol, that's fair enough, they're probably going to be heckled in return if that's all they do, as they're just running on emotion; but put down a reasonable argument about what you think should or can be done and contribute to the forum, then you'll always be listened to. Just because someone makes a post disagreeing, doesn't mean they're putting you down, trying to shut you up, forcing their opinion on people and all that, they're trying to have a conversation or debate about things, that's what a forum is.

I hate as much as anyone that we're stuck with a seemingly ambivalent owner, but what are we going to do, moan and vent about it, or discuss actual possible action? Would a protest do anything, would it make Evans more likely to sell, would it put off potential buyers etc. How much is the club worth, what are the debts, have we got any rich members?! Instead I just see EVANS OUT!!! Well great, thanks for that helpful post, you're just venting your anger.

Cheers for posting, Good to see you back on here after a long absence mate

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:50 pm

To quote Steve Wright in the afternoon radio jingle: "Does anyone know what's going on?"

Tang, when I first joined this place back in 09, I thought it was cliquey. But I thought, "Nope, gonna keep p1$$ing these people off until I'm accepted.

One big debate back then was whether ITFC should allow rugby to be played at PR. The responses to my overwhelming "NO" vote were like, "Who the fk are you? Go away!" VERY cliquey. But the bstds couldn't make me go away and all the total bstds on here are actually ok now. :D

I'm thinking that bstd in Dallas' idea was a good one. Another group hug?

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:I get a bit pissed off at continually seeing my name brought up in threads, wtf is all this "Bluemike forum" sh*t? Grow up ffs. When someone says "it isnt a dig a someone " it most certainly is, i rarely use a posters name as it is then aimed at that person, however i will always respond if my name is brought up. I was happy to f*ck off the other day and tbh still am as I dont believe some are worthy of my time , I stayed purely out of a sense of loyalty to Dave but i really dont need this sh*t. Better things to do. Enjoy the forum but ive really had enough, its ok to be bloody negative but god forbid if you choose to be positive !!! As i say, quite happy to leave you all to it.
Mike
Please believe me when I say I would hate you to leave this forum.

To me, your comments above typify why you antagonize some of us, well me anyway. As I have asked before, can you not be prepared to accept that we are all different, with different views and compromise accordingly? I have had quite unpleasant run-ins in the past and have (hopefully) modified my behaviour to prevent similar occurrences. All this 'grow up ffs' and saying some are 'not worthy of your time' is not going to endear people to you (or the forum) in any way. As I have also said before, it will stop others posting which is the one thing none of us want.

Please think about it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Billy, people do need to grow up though, im not going over it again, i genuinely have had enough of it, its a forum and yet its becoming a bind to me. I also don't believe the time i spend on here as being worthy to some of the stuff i read, Ricco summed it up absolutely perfectly, a one or Two word inflammatory comment which really offers nothing constructive but does what it is meant to do, i actually have zero problem with people wanting change etc but equally anyone who sees something positive is jumped on for being blind or having their head in the sand, it works both ways Billy, i have no desire to keep Arguing and justifying myself to people, we sorted out differences the other day and hours later someone else tried to fuel it again, thankfully they are incapable of forming a readable and worthwhile post. Now today all this again ? Nothing i have posted has been in any way meant to rile anyone but keep using my name again and again and it will blow up big time, and i dont mean you by the way. If something you once enjoyed becomes a nuisance why hang around? And that is how I feel right now tbh.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Bluemike wrote:Billy, people do need to grow up though, im not going over it again, i genuinely have had enough of it, its a forum and yet its becoming a bind to me. I also don't believe the time i spend on here as being worthy to some of the stuff i read, Ricco summed it up absolutely perfectly, a one or Two word inflammatory comment which really offers nothing constructive but does what it is meant to do, i actually have zero problem with people wanting change etc but equally anyone who sees something positive is jumped on for being blind or having their head in the sand, it works both ways Billy, i have no desire to keep Arguing and justifying myself to people, we sorted out differences the other day and hours later someone else tried to fuel it again, thankfully they are incapable of forming a readable and worthwhile post. Now today all this again ? Nothing i have posted has been in any way meant to rile anyone but keep using my name again and again and it will blow up big time, and i dont mean you by the way. If something you once enjoyed becomes a nuisance why hang around? And that is how I feel right now tbh.
Thanks for that, Mike. Only you can decide what's best for you.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:06 pm

For what it's worth, Bluemike's match reports are invaluable for this 'b*stard in Dallas'! We've had our run-ins over the years, but I've always stated Bluemike is a fantastic fan! His tireless positivity has often pulled me from the doldrums of negativity to see things from a different angle. I once thought the forum was a bit clique myself, but later realized it was just positive vs negative. I'll always be honest when I present my opinions...regardless of who the majority is. I had to take a break from the 'Mick-Lovers' last year...but quickly realized I missed TB.COM and ITFC too much. I've been in the U.S. for more than 35 years, and I still dream of having a season ticket. Maybe that will happen one day, but for now I must rely on Bluemike's and others match reports.

(Oh dear, I've mentioned Bluemike's name three times! Now I'm a gonner!) :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:09 pm

^^^ What a total bstd! ^^^

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:37 pm

marko69 wrote:^^^ What a total bstd! ^^^
How dare you!!! :lol:

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:35 pm

surely this all needs to stop, its going round in circles. Its about the football not the people. I thought it had been sorted and we could go back to talking about the club.

I wont mention any names at all in this but cmon people, nobody needs to leave, it comes down to your own personal choice but it would be sad to lose anyone

TFIF

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:07 pm

BlueMike is my mate. So flick off anyone who upsets him, ok !!

.....cos otherwise , I've gotta put up with his bloody moaning all the way to Burton , and back tomorrow. And I'm NOT having any of his positive Shyte in MY Car , right !!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:31 pm

tangfastic wrote:

What a bizarre post, what the f*ck makes you think I don’t have an opinion of my own or would want to write a group opinion. If you look back at my posts over recent years my personal opinion has never changed. I don’t particularly like Mick McCarthy but respect his achievements with limited resources and have a concern that any replacement given the same resources could be less successful. I’ve also had an ongoing concern that Marcus Evans will take our club knowhere anytime soon and that a change of ownership is more important than a change of manager. Again I’m thankful for Mr Evans saving our club from bankruptcy but for me his job is done and his time is up.
....and for the record I don’t need to ask anybody else for help when writing down my personal thoughts and I have no idea why you should think I need to concur with others before posting.