Town vs Them Up The Road Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

The One That Matters!

Town Win
42%
The Awful Alternative
37%
Draw
21%

Total votes: 19

charlton837

Re: Town vs Them Up The Road Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by charlton837 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:38 pm

i get what everyone is saying and believe me I respect your opinions. G&B I don't say hes a terrible manager, if he was we would be in league 1 or 2 by now! But his type of management is no longer a fit for us, its not working. You are right to point out his achievements and there are many, but I think he is now questioning himself as to whether he can really do this now, in the days he was achieving those things (our play off season not included) the game was different, in the last 10 years or so much has changed and I think there are much more innovative ways of doing things, the way he is working just dishes up boring tripe much of the time. People will point out its not always like that but I would say since half was through the PO season its been like that. Weve never been that attractive under him but we had passion and a way of playing, we don't even have that now, he doesn't know what we he wants to play, 4-4-2, wing backs? Hes out of ideas and just patching a team up week after week.

Marko - Again I would agree with much of what you say, but at the end of the day this is about entertainment. Im sure I will get shot down for saying this but if you ask the likes of Coventry, Portsmouth etc. if they have had enjoyable times even with their shocking situations they would likely say yes, especially Portsmouth who have done well in last few years. They of course would prefer to be entertaining in the premier league or Championship but at least they have seen some excitement. Im not for one moment saying I want to follow their models by the way but I bet Portsmouth is not as apathetic as Ipswich is right now! At some point we have to take a risk, if it doesn't work we start again and rebuild, if we carry on as we are we will lose more and more fans anyway.

I still question Mick's ambition, I think he has lost it, by way G&B I pretty much praised him before saying he SHOULD think he can do better, but hes too worried at failing anywhere else, because at the moment failure and poor performances are accepted by our owner, the fans have no say on it, the majority turned on him last year and he stuck around saying he wants to build another play off team. If he proves me wrong then great, but I don't think he will. At the end of the day I want him to prove me and other doubters wrong, I want to see us compete but I think long term to do that we have to have a plan and identity, we don't have that at all.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:40 pm

marko69 wrote:
charlton837 wrote:I would want a whole new approach, an up and coming manager who has the hunger and ambition to do well in this league, not someone who is tried and tested. It is a gamble, but whats the alternative? If we just keep treading water we will lose more and more fans to the point the investment would dry up even more and then where do we go?
The alternative is NOT doing a Coventry City. There is a tried and tested manager at Portman Road at the moment who won't allow this club to be relegated. My opinion (and it's an opinion) would be that the fans f**king appreciate what they've got until the time comes when (as Mach Polish Blue has been saying for centuries) a new owner arrives. Mick will do what he's continuing to do ......, and as a tradesman, I'll use a tradesman analogy...... he'll continue to install gas central heating with a joiners tool bag. Those "tools" he brought in have the ability, they just need to start producing it.
that was very well put Marco,
All this anti Mick talk reminds me of his departure at Wolves and fans celebrating, they went a bit quiet when after 3 new managers landed us in Div 1, we were lucky to have Kenny Jacket to bring us back. and then they turn on Kenny Jacket for not winning us the World Cup. lol.

there would be a lot at the Ipswich A&E with injured feet what with all that shooting themselves in the foot,

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:44 pm

marko69 wrote:
charlton837 wrote:I would want a whole new approach, an up and coming manager who has the hunger and ambition to do well in this league, not someone who is tried and tested. It is a gamble, but whats the alternative? If we just keep treading water we will lose more and more fans to the point the investment would dry up even more and then where do we go?
The alternative is NOT doing a Coventry City. There is a tried and tested manager at Portman Road at the moment who won't allow this club to be relegated. My opinion (and it's an opinion) would be that the fans f**king appreciate what they've got until the time comes when (as Mach Polish Blue has been saying for centuries) a new owner arrives. Mick will do what he's continuing to do ......, and as a tradesman, I'll use a tradesman analogy...... he'll continue to install gas central heating with a joiners tool bag. Those "tools" he brought in have the ability, they just need to start producing it.
I also mean to add that it may have an impact going to the games and sitting through it. If I didn't have my ST and I didn't go any away games I would look at this all on paper and probably say the same as many others in that he is doing the best he can with the resources he has. However I think sitting through so much boring garbage does take a toll on you, there is a reason thousands are walking away. This is what annoys me about people outside the club looking at it from afar saying hes doing a great job, in terms of league position and net spend you could say that, but as a fan you can only see that for a couple of years at most. ME needs to sell yes, but we can still at least try and play people in correct positions. People keep saying to me Celina isn't a Mick type player, why the f*ck sign him then?

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 pm

goldandblack wrote:
marko69 wrote:
that was very well put Marco,
All this anti Mick talk reminds me of his departure at Wolves and fans celebrating, they went a bit quiet when after 3 new managers landed us in Div 1, we were lucky to have Kenny Jacket to bring us back. and then they turn on Kenny Jacket for not winning us the World Cup. lol.

there would be a lot at the Ipswich A&E with injured feet what with all that shooting themselves in the foot,

But I bet you got some enjoyment out of those bad times, you went down, you managed to get back up, the promotion season must have been interesting. You are now sitting nicely up the top end of this league, you have had something to get behind even if it has been worse than ITFC at times. Just remember you have seen promotions, relegations galore since we did anything. Sometimes it has to get really bad before you can fix it and come back stronger, the worst thing to do is stand still.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Well as I can't see a new owner arriving anytime soon I expect Groundhog Day to continue.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Well my wee cousin, Coventry born & bred, is fking depressed. Beat at the Ricoh by Forest......, and that's Forest Green Rovers ffs! He's enjoying fk all.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:53 pm

charlton837 wrote:
marko69 wrote:
I also mean to add that it may have an impact going to the games and sitting through it. If I didn't have my ST and I didn't go any away games I would look at this all on paper and probably say the same as many others in that he is doing the best he can with the resources he has. However I think sitting through so much boring garbage does take a toll on you, there is a reason thousands are walking away. This is what annoys me about people outside the club looking at it from afar saying hes doing a great job, in terms of league position and net spend you could say that, but as a fan you can only see that for a couple of years at most. ME needs to sell yes, but we can still at least try and play people in correct positions. People keep saying to me Celina isn't a Mick type player, why the f*ck sign him then?

What I can't understand is if Mick is doing such a great job at ITFC like these experts say, then why hasn't there been any attempts from other clubs to poach him from us?

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm

marko69 wrote:

I think that MM is at ITFC purely for the money. If he is as good a manager as he thinks he is, he would have been snapped up during the last two or three years by anothet club. I would have also thought that his pride would have made him want to secure a higher post elsewhere. The fact seems to be that nobody wants him: he's yesterday's man with outdated methods and ideas.

As a club we are struggling to ensure the season ends with anything higher than a mid-table position.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 pm

The difference there, Shed is no one has said he's doing a great job. Where did you read that? He has the ability to keep the club in the Championship. And it all leads back to the conversation regarding Southampton & Norwich in League One. ITFC would more likely (due to Mevans, not Mick) do a Coventry. Wilderness for 16 years again, but in league one or two with 10-13K gates.

When Mevans fks off, and the new guy gets a David Wagner, then it'll be EPL time......, maybe!!
Last edited by marko69 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 pm

charlton837 wrote:i get what everyone is saying and believe me I respect your opinions. G&B I don't say hes a terrible manager, if he was we would be in league 1 or 2 by now! But his type of management is no longer a fit for us, its not working. You are right to point out his achievements and there are many, but I think he is now questioning himself as to whether he can really do this now, in the days he was achieving those things (our play off season not included) the game was different, in the last 10 years or so much has changed and I think there are much more innovative ways of doing things, the way he is working just dishes up boring tripe much of the time. People will point out its not always like that but I would say since half was through the PO season its been like that. Weve never been that attractive under him but we had passion and a way of playing, we don't even have that now, he doesn't know what we he wants to play, 4-4-2, wing backs? Hes out of ideas and just patching a team up week after week.

Marko - Again I would agree with much of what you say, but at the end of the day this is about entertainment. Im sure I will get shot down for saying this but if you ask the likes of Coventry, Portsmouth etc. if they have had enjoyable times even with their shocking situations they would likely say yes, especially Portsmouth who have done well in last few years. They of course would prefer to be entertaining in the premier league or Championship but at least they have seen some excitement. Im not for one moment saying I want to follow their models by the way but I bet Portsmouth is not as apathetic as Ipswich is right now! At some point we have to take a risk, if it doesn't work we start again and rebuild, if we carry on as we are we will lose more and more fans anyway.

I still question Mick's ambition, I think he has lost it, by way G&B I pretty much praised him before saying he SHOULD think he can do better, but hes too worried at failing anywhere else, because at the moment failure and poor performances are accepted by our owner, the fans have no say on it, the majority turned on him last year and he stuck around saying he wants to build another play off team. If he proves me wrong then great, but I don't think he will. At the end of the day I want him to prove me and other doubters wrong, I want to see us compete but I think long term to do that we have to have a plan and identity, we don't have that at all.
Well at the end of the day its your club, but I truly hope whatever happens to Mick, Ipswich Town go on to return to top flight football where they deserve to be. just hope its with MM & TC.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:03 pm

barmy billy wrote:
marko69 wrote:

I think that MM is at ITFC purely for the money. If he is as good a manager as he thinks he is, he would have been snapped up during the last two or three years by anothet club. I would have also thought that his pride would have made him want to secure a higher post elsewhere. The fact seems to be that nobody wants him: he's yesterday's man with outdated methods and ideas.

As a club we are struggling to ensure the season ends with anything higher than a mid-table position.
Marcus Evans was selling Olympics tickets in Brazil for several times their face value. Maybe clubs have been in for Mick but he's wanting £85M! :lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:06 pm

marko69 wrote:The difference there, Shed is no one has said he's doing a great job. Where did you read that? He has the ability to keep the club in the Championship. And it all leads back to the conversation regarding Southampton & Norwich in League One. ITFC would more likely (due to Mevans, not Mick) do a Coventry. Wilderness for 16 years again, but in league one or two with 10-13K gates.

When Mevans fks off, and the new guy gets a David Wagner, then it'll be EPL time......, maybe!!
Whenever I listen to the pundits on the tv and they are talking about ITFC all I've heard is what a great job he is doing here.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Yeah, but pundits know a little about lots of clubs...... which means they all know fk all. Thank fk Hansen fkd off!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 pm

marko69 wrote:Yeah, but pundits know a little about lots of clubs...... which means they all know fk all. Thank fk Hansen fkd off!
Agreed on that!
For me the problem is two fold. We have a manger who I agree hasn't been given the financial backing when required but on the other hand appears to have one of the safest jobs in the league when it comes to results. Can't think of many other teams who would have kept him on after last season.
As for the owner, well who the f*** knows what his plans and thoughts are for the future, I'm not even sure his mouthpiece Milne does.
Put this combination together and the future does not look good.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:00 pm

charlton837 wrote:[

But I bet you got some enjoyment out of those bad times, you went down, you managed to get back up, the promotion season must have been interesting. You are now sitting nicely up the top end of this league, you have had something to get behind even if it has been worse than ITFC at times. Just remember you have seen promotions, relegations galore since we did anything. Sometimes it has to get really bad before you can fix it and come back stronger, the worst thing to do is stand still.
You really don't want to go on some of the journey's we have had. considering we are the greatest football team in the world. :wink:
you have hit on my big concern there mate. all those bad times started that coincides with Micks departure from us, we were in the premier with every chance of staying up, losing to our neighbours at home, if we had gone down Mick had a team and money to bounce straight back. but the owner knew more and the rest is history.

that's exactly why I worry about your situation with Mick, also that premier league ain't that great, all the newbie fans taking your tickets, no tickets left for away games. always starting the season with the best ambition if you can stay up.
stay with us in the Championship. you know it makes sense.

PS. I always remember a mate of mine saying Wrexham need to go down to recoup. :wink: or was it a Tranmere Rovers fan. actually I think he was a Southport fan. or was it that Torquay fan, well it was one of them or perhaps all of them.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 pm

number 9 wrote:G&B, I'm starting to think your Mick McCarthy is similar to my Bobby Robson? :lol: The golden years are gone mate! Or should I say the gold and black years are gone? :wink:

Congrats on being top of the league! I'd take top of the league with 11 loanees! :lol:
Sorry I missed this little swipe at the Mighty Wolves, The Golden years are always here when you support the Mighty Wolves.
and get your facts right, there's only 10 looney's here, oh sorry you said loanees! well theres only 5, the rest we bought on green shield stamps .

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 pm

marko69 wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:......, But Burley would :D
Well, I think he probably would too, but (with Burley) only with his own set of players. So that'd be a re-build, and "gel" and fk that sh*t.

Season is only two months old. This current team still look like they've got something about them. A bit more leadership on the park and who knows.
Marco: George would sort the wheat from the chaff and get the team playing attractive football, and instil the need to fight for the shirt and be proud to wear it.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 pm

barmy billy wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Agree BB

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:19 am

ashfordblue wrote:
marko69 wrote:Do you think Daniel Farke could get these players playing better, Ashford? Because I must say, Norwich didn't look anything special at all. In fact their goal was born from a Hoolahan hit and hope, (and a Chambers/Webster tea party complete with scones & blanket).

Genuinely don't know what Mick could've done more of today to get the result. Let's face it, Waghorn had three chances, McGoldrick went close a few times, Jonas off the post. To be honest, Norwich looked f**king clueless at the back.
Farke off no, But Burley would :D
Burley :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ashford please !!!!!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:23 am

ashfordblue wrote:
marko69 wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:......, But Burley would :D
Well, I think he probably would too, but (with Burley) only with his own set of players. So that'd be a re-build, and "gel" and fk that sh*t.

Season is only two months old. This current team still look like they've got something about them. A bit more leadership on the park and who knows.
Marco: George would sort the wheat from the chaff and get the team playing attractive football, and instil the need to fight for the shirt and be proud to wear it.
Ashford the same George whom you worship couldn't instil the need to fight for the shirt in that lamentable team who got us relegated back in 2001/02.

He played Andy Marshall :lol: :lol: :lol:

4-0 down at Bolton with Marshall between the sticks.

Relegation and 3-0 defeat at Grimsby ! Where was the fighting spirit then?

George Burley is one of the main foundations of the current mess and nothingness we find ourselves in.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:39 am

goldandblack wrote:
personally I would still prefer Mick to be still at the Wolves running the squad than this Agent loaning us these mercenaries that will be here short term, just to be sold on for a quick buck. I do fear at what the future holds when/if these owners pull the plug, Wolves have always been run to stay in the black,

We were stuck in this league for 19 yrs and we were saying exactly the same things, Ipswich Town are a very well run club with a top manager on board (Mick wouldn't still be there if it wasn't ) look at the clubs that have and still are dead in the water (Blackpool, Portsmouth, Bolton etc etc who' owners spent money they didn't have on a dream. without Mick you could easily be there now, not an easy situation to get out of.

the year Mick took us to the Premier the team was built on a shoestring of youth players from non league and the lower leagues but he had the luck that season not to have the injuries to key players your club has suffered in recent seasons.

Watching your derby game I thought you had the edge but with no luck at all. that's my opinion anyway.
'Ipswich Town are a very well run club with a top manager on board'

I'll try to respond to that in a reasonable manner but it's going to be hard.

We've lost a match against our fierce rivals. We are upset, angry, disappointed. Yet another poor performance where all we do when losing the game is pumping long balls towards their penalty area. And now a fan of DIFFERENT CLUB has a cheek to tell us that: .... our club is well run. Beggars belief ! The person from outside is preaching to us about our club.

You know sod all about our club. It's easy for you to be talking crap like that when your club sit nicely at the top of the league after spending millions on quality players. You don't need to watch painfully slow and ineffective football. You don't need to watch sideways passing from Cole Skuse. You watch exciting, attacking players who have been performing very well so far for your club. Shame it's not us who can swap managers and owners because I'd happily drive Evans and McCarthy to your club. You could be then content with how well your club is being run.

Our club is ROTTEN throughout and Evans lets us decay. He allows this relentless apathy to continue and has literally no interest to make us better and stronger. Moreover we're well behind Norwich in all aspects and that is what his era has created. He treats our club and fans with disdain. Our debt has significantly risen since his arrival, our crowds have been decreasing and he's been pricing out Town fans for many years...... and now you, a person from outside have a cheek to tell us that we're a well run club ! Just shut up and spare us your bullshitting !

Mick McCarthy..... I was his staunch supporter for a while. Defended him while others were abusing him for the hoofball. For me it's all about results no matter how it's achieved and I would be happy with boring, ugly 1-0 wins every week. But his hoofball stopped working and nowadays we are very predictable with no element of surprise for the opposition. He would be excused for his failings if he was doing his best. Take Sundays match to Norwich for example. We're losing 0-1 so he should be on the touchline animating and encouraging the team. Instead the bunch of hopeless players in our shirts keep pumping long balls towards their box and that ignorant, stupid pighead is standing near the dugout with the hands in the pockets.
He has no plan B at all, just keep hoofing and see what happens. Some of the players are his darlings and remain undroppable no matter how crap we are. Moreover he makes derogatory comments about our fans when they question his decisions. He thinks he knows best.
So do we have to have an eternal debt to him for saving us from relegation 4 years ago? Do we have to sit quiet and accept that we play without attacking intent and let opposition dictate the proceedings?

What is also important to underline is that we have a 'unique' fanbase. They keep buying blue shirts with Evans' logo on it and they advertise him during the matchdays. They advertise the person who gives a jack sh*t about our club. He ain't with us for the football that's for sure. Yet they parade with the blue shirts with Marcus Evans name on it. Utterly bizarre and inexplicable ! A significant percent of our fanbase is scared of changes and they'd rather Evans and McCarthy to continue what they do for another long years.

We are at Burton this Saturday. Oh yes let's clap and stick with Super Mick blah blah blah, get behind our team blah blah, play defensively with Cole Skuse 'protecting' the defence as letting opposition go at us is a priority in Micks philosophy blah blah blah. Let's carry on being gutless and fearful !

I'm extremely bored of my club. Glaring lack of ambition just drifting along in this league so don't tell me or other Town fans that we're a well run club as we know better not you.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:07 am

Has G&B pissed you off because he's a Wolves fan? Because the subsequent paragraph AFTER the bit you've highlighted is bang on the money. My God, watching ITFC gaining ugly 1-0 wins at places like Oldham & Walsall are going to be some fking seriously difficult afternoons.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:08 am

There's some who keep banging on with the ' be careful what you wish for' stance.

its as if MM is the only answer to our future.

Whether you like it or not ... he's likely to be gone at the end of the season. He could get a 2 year extension... but what then? Therefore, with that theory, we only have an existence of maybe 2-3 years before we nose-dive. Or do we bring in TC as a like for like replacement.

Sorry... to keep on being so reliant on MM is not being 'positive' . We can look at the Coventry's, Portsmouth's and be scared or we can look at the other 'smaller' clubs who are outstripping us. Christ.... MM is now bigging up Burton.

Most games are winnable if we go in with the right attitude and tactics. That means for 90 minutes and even if we go behind.

I don't see the disaster if and when MM leaves. He could have added some well needed stability to our club and we've got youth coming through, so there's a legacy there for him if/when he hands over the reigns. He's had his time here ... I'm hoping that both MM and ME know his job is over at the end of the season and w are looking for a suitable replacement.

This positivity / negativity thing for me is not so clear cut. The ones who are happy to go on as we are also spread a bit of scaremongering and doom if MM goes. That's both negative and depressing to cling on to mediocrity. Just sticking your head in the sand and bigging MM up all the time isn't positive to me.

A lot of fans just want more than mindless hoofing and a bit more composure . If we lose.... so be it, but huff and puff will not be enough and not to be considered a 'good performance'.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:34 am

Mach, Gold n Black, has been a contributor to TB for a long , long time. He is most definitely one of us, even though he is a longstanding and understandably proud Wolves fan. I and many others on here totally respect him.

Please don't have a go at him for OUR Clubs failings.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 am

Again, no one, that I can see anyway, is "bigging MM up". And no one is burying their heads in the sand either. If Mevans (or Milne or f**king whoever) can go find an Eddie Howe or David Wagner, then fine, Mick can fk off......., until then the gamble isn't a good one, especially as you know Mick won't see the club drop, Keano jewello style.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:37 am

marko69 wrote:Again, no one, that I can see anyway, is "bigging MM up". And no one is burying their heads in the sand either. If Mevans (or Milne or f**king whoever) can go find an Eddie Howe or David Wagner, then fine, Mick can fk off......., until then the gamble isn't a good one, especially as you know Mick won't see the club drop, Keano jewello style.
That's the point, at the time they were taken on Howe, Wagner etc. were all seen as risks, the type that we are now warned could never do well here. These guys took a risk on someone different and it paid off, yes there are cases which prove the opposite but that's what a risk is. At least it could be a new start and the fans would be on board, everyone is just fed up of treading water. Most would like to see ME sell the club, but realistically I cant see that happening so we just need to take a risk and bring someone else in. Im not sure its as much as risk as some think, MM isn't the only manager in the world that can keep us in this league

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:53 am

charlton837 wrote:
marko69 wrote:Again, no one, that I can see anyway, is "bigging MM up". And no one is burying their heads in the sand either. If Mevans (or Milne or f**king whoever) can go find an Eddie Howe or David Wagner, then fine, Mick can fk off......., until then the gamble isn't a good one, especially as you know Mick won't see the club drop, Keano jewello style.
That's the point, at the time they were taken on Howe, Wagner etc. were all seen as risks, the type that we are now warned could never do well here. These guys took a risk on someone different and it paid off, yes there are cases which prove the opposite but that's what a risk is. At least it could be a new start and the fans would be on board, everyone is just fed up of treading water. Most would like to see ME sell the club, but realistically I cant see that happening so we just need to take a risk and bring someone else in. Im not sure its as much as risk as some think, MM isn't the only manager in the world that can keep us in this league
Exactly and as we know whether it be appointing a new manager or signing a new player there is always an element of risk involved.
As somebody said the other day Mick might not want to be in the management game much longer anyhow and this risk of a new manager will have to be taken then.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 am

marko69 wrote:Has G&B pissed you off because he's a Wolves fan? Because the subsequent paragraph AFTER the bit you've highlighted is bang on the money. My God, watching ITFC gaining ugly 1-0 wins at places like Oldham & Walsall are going to be some fking seriously difficult afternoons.
?????

Marko think about it. The person FROM OUTSIDE is telling us that : 'Ipswich Town are a very well run club with a top manager on board'. How on earth anyone can say anything like that?

This is our club and we know much better how it is run. He doesn't have to put up with the sh*t we've been served up throughout the years. We know better not people from outside.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:04 am

hallamblue wrote:Mach, Gold n Black, has been a contributor to TB for a long , long time. He is most definitely one of us, even though he is a longstanding and understandably proud Wolves fan. I and many others on here totally respect him.

Please don't have a go at him for OUR Clubs failings.
Liz please ! I ain't having a go at him for our club failings. Where am I doing it?

He is the person who is telling us that we're a well run club with the top manager. You can't sit quiet when you see the crap like that.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:07 am

I see a bit of scaremongering and support of MM from some. No problem - that's everyone's right - and I acknowledge the work Mick has done (especially the first 3 years). But the buck seems to be passed to the players letting him down or un-supportive, disloyal, unrealistic fans, rather than directing it at Mick.

I'm looking to the end of the season - I can't see a gamble - it will be necessary to change the manager. In the meantime, Mick has got to get the team playing well and improving. That doesn't mean playing within themselves and going back to last year's tactics. It will quickly spiral into more and more angst within the club - like last season.

Its relatively early in the season - but our form and results at the moment are poor. There's no guarantee we will end that run by going on a 4 match winning-spree like we did at the start of the season. That was a bit freakish anyway. Its up to Mick to improving the team - but I don't think he's got any more tricks up his sleeve other than scrapping it out and hoping the opposition slip up.