Town vs Them Up The Road Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

The One That Matters!

Town Win
42%
The Awful Alternative
37%
Draw
21%

Total votes: 19

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Town vs Them Up The Road Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:10 am

charlton837 wrote:
marko69 wrote:Again, no one, that I can see anyway, is "bigging MM up". And no one is burying their heads in the sand either. If Mevans (or Milne or f**king whoever) can go find an Eddie Howe or David Wagner, then fine, Mick can fk off......., until then the gamble isn't a good one, especially as you know Mick won't see the club drop, Keano jewello style.
That's the point, at the time they were taken on Howe, Wagner etc. were all seen as risks, the type that we are now warned could never do well here. These guys took a risk on someone different and it paid off, yes there are cases which prove the opposite but that's what a risk is. At least it could be a new start and the fans would be on board, everyone is just fed up of treading water. Most would like to see ME sell the club, but realistically I cant see that happening so we just need to take a risk and bring someone else in. Im not sure its as much as risk as some think, MM isn't the only manager in the world that can keep us in this league
Ok, I'm going to concede this one, point taken regarding "risk". Out of respect for attending supporters, who do witness all of the 90 minuteseses, I'll leave this area up to all of you to thrash out the answer.

Hey....... Ancelotti? :D

karlywoo

Post by karlywoo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:07 am

I have sat and read through everyones comments and thoughts, and well here is my two pennies worth...........
Norwich? if they could only beat a p*ss poor team ie us! one nil with all their alledged quality, well they certainly ain,t nothing special to be truthful!!
Our wonderful manager? who stood for the majority of the game with his back to the dug out hands in pockets looking glum! WTF was going through his mind? thinking of an escape out to his no doubt glorious villa in the sun as he certainly was not interested in the game!
The Ref? if it was a 50/50 decision to be made it almost certainly went to a yellow shirt, he did us no favours!!
Our most talented player Mr Mc Goldrick pushed out wide, well he may as well told him to play at right back!
Back to the HOOFBALL in the second half, again WTF was he thinking about?
So yet again we are disappointed, i feel let down by MM, TC, and the majority of the players, after we went one down you could see in their body language that it was game over!
Change? everyones screaming for change, and yes its overdue! another season of MM and his sidekick is beyond thinking about, for all that is good in this world flaming well retire mate, your days are done!
Its gonna be a mid table finish i,m afraid, that was on the cards before the first ball was kicked this season, yes we had a little investment but not even close to enough!
I,m saddened by the whole situation, the apathy that is growing like a cancer through our once proud club, the support is dwindling, game on game there are more empty blue seats, i think Evans should sell up, MM should go and now would be nice before the season is lost beyond redemption! lets get a young hungry Dutch manager in, at least they are playing good football over there.
So that my tuppence worth, the sickener that those yellow shirts may well go and get promoted yet again only to fail with another bucket full of dosh! where else in the world can anyone or anything get huge rewards for being crap?

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:08 pm

goldandblack wrote:
rossi wrote:
goldandblack wrote:
I watched the game and think if David McGoldrick had been on song Town would have won convincingly , also what chance did Town have with that incompetent excuse of a ref, Completely out of the hands of Mick that result. Life Stinks,

was reading the Rossi verdict and actually wonder if Broomfield is in Norwich, with fans like that who needs enemies aye. :?
G&B, you don't know me at all; you have no idea how long I have been supporting ITFC or anything else.
So your remarks show you up to be - well, a bit of a prat to say the least.
I don't go on to the Wolves site and make ill-informed wildly inaccurate comments that question Wolves fans' loyalties - kindly show me the same courtesy.
:lol:I'm surprised its taking you so long to bite mate, i used to live near Broomfield myself years ago ( Lt Waltham ) and have left loads of little jibs about your village since you put Broomfield under your avatar....all remarks were made in jest as you should have sussed over the last ten odd years that I don't make serious comments on anyone's opinions.
anyway hope you except it was jest.

I'll leave you a pint in the Kings Arms now its open again :? that's got yer thinking.
I'm not bothered by any jibs you make about where I choose to live - there are a hell of a lot worse places.
What bothered me was your inference that I was a bad fan.
It's accepted practise to put a wink at the end of a comment made in jest - that was missing from your comment so I think I get your allusion. And it most definitely is not appreciated.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
goldandblack wrote:
personally I would still prefer Mick to be still at the Wolves running the squad than this Agent loaning us these mercenaries that will be here short term, just to be sold on for a quick buck. I do fear at what the future holds when/if these owners pull the plug, Wolves have always been run to stay in the black,

We were stuck in this league for 19 yrs and we were saying exactly the same things, Ipswich Town are a very well run club with a top manager on board (Mick wouldn't still be there if it wasn't ) look at the clubs that have and still are dead in the water (Blackpool, Portsmouth, Bolton etc etc who' owners spent money they didn't have on a dream. without Mick you could easily be there now, not an easy situation to get out of.

the year Mick took us to the Premier the team was built on a shoestring of youth players from non league and the lower leagues but he had the luck that season not to have the injuries to key players your club has suffered in recent seasons.

Watching your derby game I thought you had the edge but with no luck at all. that's my opinion anyway.
'Ipswich Town are a very well run club with a top manager on board'

I'll try to respond to that in a reasonable manner but it's going to be hard.

We've lost a match against our fierce rivals. We are upset, angry, disappointed. Yet another poor performance where all we do when losing the game is pumping long balls towards their penalty area. And now a fan of DIFFERENT CLUB has a cheek to tell us that: .... our club is well run. Beggars belief ! The person from outside is preaching to us about our club.

You know sod all about our club. It's easy for you to be talking crap like that when your club sit nicely at the top of the league after spending millions on quality players. You don't need to watch painfully slow and ineffective football. You don't need to watch sideways passing from Cole Skuse. You watch exciting, attacking players who have been performing very well so far for your club. Shame it's not us who can swap managers and owners because I'd happily drive Evans and McCarthy to your club. You could be then content with how well your club is being run.

Our club is ROTTEN throughout and Evans lets us decay. He allows this relentless apathy to continue and has literally no interest to make us better and stronger. Moreover we're well behind Norwich in all aspects and that is what his era has created. He treats our club and fans with disdain. Our debt has significantly risen since his arrival, our crowds have been decreasing and he's been pricing out Town fans for many years...... and now you, a person from outside have a cheek to tell us that we're a well run club ! Just shut up and spare us your bullshitting !

Mick McCarthy..... I was his staunch supporter for a while. Defended him while others were abusing him for the hoofball. For me it's all about results no matter how it's achieved and I would be happy with boring, ugly 1-0 wins every week. But his hoofball stopped working and nowadays we are very predictable with no element of surprise for the opposition. He would be excused for his failings if he was doing his best. Take Sundays match to Norwich for example. We're losing 0-1 so he should be on the touchline animating and encouraging the team. Instead the bunch of hopeless players in our shirts keep pumping long balls towards their box and that ignorant, stupid pighead is standing near the dugout with the hands in the pockets.
He has no plan B at all, just keep hoofing and see what happens. Some of the players are his darlings and remain undroppable no matter how crap we are. Moreover he makes derogatory comments about our fans when they question his decisions. He thinks he knows best.
So do we have to have an eternal debt to him for saving us from relegation 4 years ago? Do we have to sit quiet and accept that we play without attacking intent and let opposition dictate the proceedings?

What is also important to underline is that we have a 'unique' fanbase. They keep buying blue shirts with Evans' logo on it and they advertise him during the matchdays. They advertise the person who gives a jack sh*t about our club. He ain't with us for the football that's for sure. Yet they parade with the blue shirts with Marcus Evans name on it. Utterly bizarre and inexplicable ! A significant percent of our fanbase is scared of changes and they'd rather Evans and McCarthy to continue what they do for another long years.

We are at Burton this Saturday. Oh yes let's clap and stick with Super Mick blah blah blah, get behind our team blah blah, play defensively with Cole Skuse 'protecting' the defence as letting opposition go at us is a priority in Micks philosophy blah blah blah. Let's carry on being gutless and fearful !

I'm extremely bored of my club. Glaring lack of ambition just drifting along in this league so don't tell me or other Town fans that we're a well run club as we know better not you.
I'll try to respond to that in a reasonable manner but it's going to be almost impossible. lol

Just something to see things from a different angle perhaps.

You say .You know sod all about our club. It's easy for you to be talking crap like that.

Ipswich and the Wolves are much of the same beast and i have witnessed all your downs and lack of ambitions with the Wolves, actually a lot worse , My late farther, uncles, Aunts, Cousins, were all born just outside Ipswich and were all Ipswich Town supporters, so i was brought up on Ipswich Town and have been my second club for over 60 years, probably used to watch them before you were even born, I think i do know a bit about YOUR club than you suggest

You say . Shame it's not us who can swap managers and owners because I'd happily drive Evans and McCarthy to your club.
We have had 6 managers in the time MM has been with you and yes we are looking good at the moment but it’s no longer our club plus we are still in the same league as you.
Sir Jack put 50 million of his own money which was classed as a friendly debt,
M Evans has put 80 odd million of his own money into Ipswich Town which is classed as a friendly debt
When we got relegated under Dave Jones Sir Jack got just the same stick as Evans from the fans so he sold the club for a tenner. Don’t need to tell you the result of that deal.

Our club is ROTTEN throughout and Evans lets us decay
Decay is dropping from the old Div 1 to Div 4 in 3 seasons, the players training in the car park, the ground closed on 3 sides, the milkman only leaving the milk if paid cash every day. 35 minutes from going out of business.
Where is this decay at Ipswich, you have a brilliant modern stadium,a strong fan base, your no worse off than when Evans turned up, and far better off after MM became manager.

You say.I'm extremely bored of my club. Glaring lack of ambition just drifting along in this league so don't tell me or other Town fans that we're a well run club as we know better not you.

Sometimes fans get so wrapped up in their own club it needs an outsider to put over a different View on things. You talk to other clubs fans of past giants in this league. A good example is Derby County to compare your positions. The millions they have invested in managers/players over the years, just 1 point in front of Ipswich who has spent jot,
Look at clubs who also have spent big since Mick has been at your club.
The Sheffield Clubs, Forest, Villa, Brum, Leeds, Boro, Sunderland, Wolves, Fulham,QPR. i could go on but you get the jist but will just add, what league are they in,
I think any levelled headed fan can see that your club is well run and with just that extra bit of luck you don’t have recently will return to the top,
I remember Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool fans giving it the big en when they were bought out and money was no object,
My point is i have seen what happens when fans turn on the owner/manager and players. And I wouldn’t wish that on your club.
But as you and others have stated, Its nothing to do with me so I will leave it at that.
ANSWERS ON A POST CARD Please.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:52 pm

^^ wow ^^

How do you frame a post?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:52 pm

rossi wrote:...................I'm not bothered by any jibs you make about where I choose to live - there are a hell of a lot worse places.
It's accepted practise to put a wink at the end of a comment made in jest - that was missing from your comment so I think I get your allusion. And it most definitely is not appreciated.[/quote][/quote]

....................................................................................................

:wink: there you go, :wink: so that pint left in the Arms was wasted, :wink: or are you an Angel man. :wink: I was more from the Clockhouse era. :wink:

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:13 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
goldandblack wrote:
personally I would still prefer Mick to be still at the Wolves running the squad than this Agent loaning us these mercenaries that will be here short term, just to be sold on for a quick buck. I do fear at what the future holds when/if these owners pull the plug, Wolves have always been run to stay in the black,

We were stuck in this league for 19 yrs and we were saying exactly the same things, Ipswich Town are a very well run club with a top manager on board (Mick wouldn't still be there if it wasn't ) look at the clubs that have and still are dead in the water (Blackpool, Portsmouth, Bolton etc etc who' owners spent money they didn't have on a dream. without Mick you could easily be there now, not an easy situation to get out of.

the year Mick took us to the Premier the team was built on a shoestring of youth players from non league and the lower leagues but he had the luck that season not to have the injuries to key players your club has suffered in recent seasons.

Watching your derby game I thought you had the edge but with no luck at all. that's my opinion anyway.
'Ipswich Town are a very well run club with a top manager on board'

I'll try to respond to that in a reasonable manner but it's going to be hard.

We've lost a match against our fierce rivals. We are upset, angry, disappointed. Yet another poor performance where all we do when losing the game is pumping long balls towards their penalty area. And now a fan of DIFFERENT CLUB has a cheek to tell us that: .... our club is well run. Beggars belief ! The person from outside is preaching to us about our club.

You know sod all about our club. It's easy for you to be talking crap like that when your club sit nicely at the top of the league after spending millions on quality players. You don't need to watch painfully slow and ineffective football. You don't need to watch sideways passing from Cole Skuse. You watch exciting, attacking players who have been performing very well so far for your club. Shame it's not us who can swap managers and owners because I'd happily drive Evans and McCarthy to your club. You could be then content with how well your club is being run.

Our club is ROTTEN throughout and Evans lets us decay. He allows this relentless apathy to continue and has literally no interest to make us better and stronger. Moreover we're well behind Norwich in all aspects and that is what his era has created. He treats our club and fans with disdain. Our debt has significantly risen since his arrival, our crowds have been decreasing and he's been pricing out Town fans for many years...... and now you, a person from outside have a cheek to tell us that we're a well run club ! Just shut up and spare us your bullshitting !

Mick McCarthy..... I was his staunch supporter for a while. Defended him while others were abusing him for the hoofball. For me it's all about results no matter how it's achieved and I would be happy with boring, ugly 1-0 wins every week. But his hoofball stopped working and nowadays we are very predictable with no element of surprise for the opposition. He would be excused for his failings if he was doing his best. Take Sundays match to Norwich for example. We're losing 0-1 so he should be on the touchline animating and encouraging the team. Instead the bunch of hopeless players in our shirts keep pumping long balls towards their box and that ignorant, stupid pighead is standing near the dugout with the hands in the pockets.
He has no plan B at all, just keep hoofing and see what happens. Some of the players are his darlings and remain undroppable no matter how crap we are. Moreover he makes derogatory comments about our fans when they question his decisions. He thinks he knows best.
So do we have to have an eternal debt to him for saving us from relegation 4 years ago? Do we have to sit quiet and accept that we play without attacking intent and let opposition dictate the proceedings?

What is also important to underline is that we have a 'unique' fanbase. They keep buying blue shirts with Evans' logo on it and they advertise him during the matchdays. They advertise the person who gives a jack sh*t about our club. He ain't with us for the football that's for sure. Yet they parade with the blue shirts with Marcus Evans name on it. Utterly bizarre and inexplicable ! A significant percent of our fanbase is scared of changes and they'd rather Evans and McCarthy to continue what they do for another long years.

We are at Burton this Saturday. Oh yes let's clap and stick with Super Mick blah blah blah, get behind our team blah blah, play defensively with Cole Skuse 'protecting' the defence as letting opposition go at us is a priority in Micks philosophy blah blah blah. Let's carry on being gutless and fearful !

I'm extremely bored of my club. Glaring lack of ambition just drifting along in this league so don't tell me or other Town fans that we're a well run club as we know better not you.
I'll try to respond to that in a reasonable manner but it's going to be almost impossible. lol

You say .You know sod all about our club. It's easy for you to be talking crap like that.

Ipswich and the Wolves are much of the same beast and i have witnessed all your downs and lack of ambitions with the Wolves, actually a lot worse , My late farther, uncles, Aunts, Cousins, were all born just outside Ipswich and were all Ipswich Town supporters, so i was brought up on Ipswich Town and have been my second club for over 60 years, probably used to watch them before you were even born, I think i do know a bit about YOUR club than you suggest

You say . Shame it's not us who can swap managers and owners because I'd happily drive Evans and McCarthy to your club.
We have had 6 managers in the time MM has been with you and yes we are looking good at the moment but it’s no longer our club plus we are still in the same league as you.
M Evans has put 80 odd million of his own money into Ipswich Town which is classed as a friendly debt
When we got relegated under Dave Jones Sir Jack got just the same stick as Evans from the fans so he sold the club for a tenner. Don’t need to tell you the result of that deal.

Decay is dropping from the old Div 1 to Div 4 in 3 seasons, the players training in the car park, the ground closed on 3 sides, the milkman only leaving the milk if paid cash every day. 35 minutes from going out of business.
Where is this decay at Ipswich, you have a brilliant modern stadium,a strong fan base, your no worse off than when Evans turned up, and far better off after MM became manager.

You say.I'm extremely bored of my club. Glaring lack of ambition just drifting along in this league so don't tell me or other Town fans that we're a well run club as we know better not you.

Sometimes fans get so wrapped up in their own club it needs an outsider to put over a different View on things. You talk to other clubs fans of past giants in this league. A good example is Derby County to compare your positions. The millions they have invested in managers/players over the years, just 1 point in front of Ipswich who has spent jot,
The Sheffield Clubs, Forest, Villa, Brum, Leeds, Boro, Sunderland, Wolves, Fulham,QPR. i could go on but you get the jist but will just add, what league are they in,
I think any levelled headed fan can see that your club is well run and with just that extra bit of luck you don’t have recently will return to the top,
I remember Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool fans giving it the big en when they were bought out and money was no object,
My point is i have seen what happens when fans turn on the owner/manager and players. And I wouldn’t wish that on your club.
But as you and others have stated, Its nothing to do with me so I will leave it at that.
You are still missing the point in my opinion. You mention Derby are in and around us in the table even though they have spent millions, correct but at least their fans have something to get behind. A new manager, a new style, some ambition in the transfer market. Im not saying it is working for them, but at least its something for fans to buy into. I haven't watched many of their games but perhaps they are trying to play. I and most others are not even demanding we go out and spend millions, how about just try and play some bloody football with the players we have got. Theres no excuse to have 3 or 4 players out of position 4 or 5 years into your tenure unless you have serious injury problems which we currently don't.

We WERE better off after MM came in and any reasonable fan would give him credit for what he did, but he can take us no further. Even if we end up in the same position we need a new project, this means a new manager and a new way of thinking, if we are still in the same position but at least trying to play with some style and offering fans some excitement and entertainment with passion etc then fair enough.

I really fear we will give MM his 2 year extention though, if that happens be ready to see crowds of around 12,000 by the end of those years....

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:26 pm

charlton837 .[/quote]

You are still missing the point in my opinion. You mention Derby are in and around us in the table even though they have spent millions, correct but at least their fans have something to get behind. A new manager, a new style, some ambition in the transfer market. Im not saying it is working for them, but at least its something for fans to buy into. I haven't watched many of their games but perhaps they are trying to play. I and most others are not even demanding we go out and spend millions, how about just try and play some bloody football with the players we have got. Theres no excuse to have 3 or 4 players out of position 4 or 5 years into your tenure unless you have serious injury problems which we currently don't.

We WERE better off after MM came in and any reasonable fan would give him credit for what he did, but he can take us no further. Even if we end up in the same position we need a new project, this means a new manager and a new way of thinking, if we are still in the same position but at least trying to play with some style and offering fans some excitement and entertainment with passion etc then fair enough.

I really fear we will give MM his 2 year extention though, if that happens be ready to see crowds of around 12,000 by the end of those years....[/quote]

....................................................................................................................................
I'm not missing the point at all. it stands out like a sore thumb.

As a wise man on here recently said, a plumber is not so good at his job with a joiners bag of tools. Mick is working on the budget of some non league clubs. where is he to get these great footballing players with half a crown from. oh hang on, West Brom have about 11 ready.

take a little trip around some Derby message boards and see what fun they are really having with there set up. perhaps your find some similarities with this and many other sites, I stopped going on Wolves sites years ago as I ran out of depression tablets. :lol:

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:57 pm

we COULD already play a better brand of football with the players we have got, that would be a start. How about playing a system which allows us to be forward thinking. I don't think MM does a bad job in the transfer market all things considered, its his system and style that stifles them. Looking at our current squad I think we have potential to play with attacking wing backs, even when MM plays 3-5-2 he only does it half heartedly, hes more interested in tracking runners and stopping the opposition. I agree that has to be a consideration of course it does but it would be nice to inprint ourselves on a game. We did that against Sunderland, perhaps MM felt that they were a poor team and we could do it, but we should be able to let other teams worry about us more, especially at home.

Nobody expects us to go and sign superstars, we know what we are, we know our budget is pathetic, but we have to find an identity to work around this. Fans will buy into it if they see light at the end of the tunnel. If we had a fight at the play offs and missed out playing a way people are happy with then I think that would be acceptable, if we do it MM way its not. Why do we have to be sh*t and boring, its better to be just one, if we are going to be sh*t then try and make us at least half entertaining, if we are going to be boring at least make sure we are successful. Doing both is a recipe for a lot of bored fans and a reduction in people wanting to watch it.

For what its worth I feel our squad is half decent, and with our youngsters coming through I see some hope, but i think we need a new approach to get the most out of these youngsters, the way our first team plays is so far removed from our academy teams that its unrecognizable. Whats the point in teaching our kids to play to then have to be stifled in a defensive system that our management team believe in. Its fairly obvious we will never agree lol but i just want to enjoy going again.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:23 pm

When Mevans disappears and these guys take over......

....., you'll start enjoying it again.

But it could become boring at the other end of the spectrum.

Man City? Seriously..... who gives a sh*t? I know a lifelong City fan (from Manchester) who now doesn't give a sh*t.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:46 pm

who is asking for someone like that, ive not seen anyone saying suggesting that. IF ME sold then I would prefer it go to someone who has a real feeling for the club and perhaps an invester backing him.

Why do people insist that unless we have ME and MM we are a doomed club? Theres as much chance we could make it work as there is we would fail. I already said if ME stays then so be it, lets build a team based on youth and really make our academy work for us, the start of that has happened, so lets now get a manager in that can make that work for us. We don't need a cash rich sheikh to do that!

It is true to say ME saved us at the time he came in and he should be commended for that. And he threw money at it for a couple of years (very foolishly actually given the managers we had). Lets face it he just isn't cut out to run a football club, he doesn't really know what he is doing, and his main problem is he doesn't seems to want anybody who DOES know football help him run it, hes too much of a power freak. Milne, Clegg, both corporate suits who have little to no knowledge of running a club, anyway they are just mouthpieces rather than active members of his staff. Time to really think what he wants out of this, id like to see him employ someone who knows football and cares for the club to be the go between for management and ownership.

We don't necessarily need new, but we need changes, that how I see it anyway

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:47 pm

marko69 wrote:When Mevans disappears and these guys take over......

Man City? Seriously..... who gives a sh*t? I know a lifelong City fan (from Manchester) who now doesn't give a sh*t.
Marko
Knowing our luck it will more likely be Del Boy. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Was tongue in cheek, man. As my bro used to say..... "feckin Sam broon, bro, FFS!"

FK IT!!!!! Am off tae the Hibs game! HIBEES HIBEES HIBEES. God, I hate those Jambos bstds more than Charlton hates a Mick McCarthy second half substitution! :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Hope ya win marko ....I'll keep a look out for your score x

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:24 am

just my 2 cents worth.

i really appreciate G & B's input on this forum.

without other peoples views this place would die.

so thanks again John

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:08 am

marko69 wrote:Was tongue in cheek, man. As my bro used to say..... "feckin Sam broon, bro, FFS!"

FK IT!!!!! Am off tae the Hibs game! HIBEES HIBEES HIBEES. God, I hate those Jambos bstds more than Charlton hates a Mick McCarthy second half substitution! :D
:mrgreen: nice one, hope it was a good one

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:52 pm

goldandblack wrote:rossi wrote:...................I'm not bothered by any jibs you make about where I choose to live - there are a hell of a lot worse places.
It's accepted practise to put a wink at the end of a comment made in jest - that was missing from your comment so I think I get your allusion. And it most definitely is not appreciated.
[/quote]
....................................................................................................

:wink: there you go, :wink: so that pint left in the Arms was wasted, :wink: or are you an Angel man. :wink: I was more from the Clockhouse era. :wink:[/quote]
haha - I never liked the Arms, don't much care for the Angel, and the Clockhouse is far better off as a KFC that ever was as a pub.
nah - I prefer proper traditional pubs, 3 Elms at Chignal St James or Pig & Whistle at Chignal Smealey

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 pm

goldandblack wrote:

your no worse off than when Evans turned up, and far better off after MM became manager

That bit above is enough to prove that you have no bloody clue about our club, no bloody clue what you're talking about. What's the point of your contributing if you are bleating like that?

We are no worse off....... The football team is nowhere challening for promotion and our debt has enormously risen. It was 38m when Evans was taking over and still keeps rising. Oh yes we are no worse off according to the Wolves supporter ha ha ha !

Decay at Ipswich? Everything. Football team, stadium, fanbase etc etc..... There is no progress just depressing stagnation. No hope for the future whatsoever. Evans doesn't invest in a quality players. No-one is asking for tens of millions. We just want to see some improvement, we want to get some positive boost from the club. However we're a wing of Evans' business so he has no interest at all to make us better and stronger.

Stadium? I was at Portman Road last Sunday for the Norwich match. It's slowly becoming a dump. When was the last time the stadium was renovated? Seen a mould of couple of places. The walls won't have seen a paint for at least 20 years. Prior to Sunday I had seen peoples comments about poor level of catering.

Strong fanbase? The fanbase that keeps decreasing due to the Evans' policy. We had been ripped off throughout years. Ipswich, Leeds and Sheffield Wed had been the most expensive places in the league. The club has been a rudderless ship with total lack of ambition so no wonder our crowds have been getting smaller and smaller. Home game against Preston in 10 days time I won't be surprised if the crowd is below 14k.

Moreover, look at the way he treated season ticket holders last summer........... and you dare to tell me he ain't a bad one ! You have no clue whatsoever so spare us your crap !

I don't need any comparisons between how Wolves were under Sir Jack and Ipswich under Evans. The latter I repeat has no interest to make us better. Wonder what is the point of his ownership? He is systematically killing our club. One of the worst owners in the country. You may mention Charltons, Coventrys etc etc. What's the actual difference between us and them? All of them don't care. What's the difference between us and Blackburn's Venkys? Apart from being one level above them this season none. They sell best players and replace them with cheap bargains, loanees, freebies etc etc.

Your team gave Manchester City a good go last night whereas we have no hope at all. So don't give us lectures about our club. We can't even beat Norwich these days. 7 meetings under McCarthy and this is just another game for him. We're losing 0-1, pumping long balls notoriously and he stands with hands in the pockets. And he'll keep pampering all our useless players. Bunch of useless chancers who let us down in every East Anglian derby with 'wonderful and great' Mick McCarthy in charge.

We're a footballing irrelevance under Evans and McCarthy and it will systematically get worse and worse. So once again don't tell us the crap that some people want to hear. The crap like we're a well run club because it's completely opposite. We know better as this is our club.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:29 pm

marko69 wrote:When Mevans disappears and these guys take over......

Oh yes let's stay with Marcus Evans then and he's the better option. Football is dead blah blah blah, modern football is sh*t blah blah blah, we hate modern football blah blah blah, we love Championship as this is a lovely league blah blah blah.

If one of them took over we'd at least get an injection of hope. Now we have to continue with boredom and nothing to look forward to.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
goldandblack wrote:

your no worse off than when Evans turned up, and far better off after MM became manager

That bit above is enough to prove that you have no bloody clue about our club, no bloody clue what you're talking about. What's the point of your contributing if you are bleating like that?

We are no worse off....... The football team is nowhere challening for promotion and our debt has enormously risen. It was 38m when Evans was taking over and still keeps rising. Oh yes we are no worse off according to the Wolves supporter ha ha ha !

Decay at Ipswich? Everything. Football team, stadium, fanbase etc etc..... There is no progress just depressing stagnation. No hope for the future whatsoever. Evans doesn't invest in a quality players. No-one is asking for tens of millions. We just want to see some improvement, we want to get some positive boost from the club. However we're a wing of Evans' business so he has no interest at all to make us better and stronger.

Stadium? I was at Portman Road last Sunday for the Norwich match. It's slowly becoming a dump. When was the last time the stadium was renovated? Seen a mould of couple of places. The walls won't have seen a paint for at least 20 years. Prior to Sunday I had seen peoples comments about poor level of catering.

Strong fanbase? The fanbase that keeps decreasing due to the Evans' policy. We had been ripped off throughout years. Ipswich, Leeds and Sheffield Wed had been the most expensive places in the league. The club has been a rudderless ship with total lack of ambition so no wonder our crowds have been getting smaller and smaller. Home game against Preston in 10 days time I won't be surprised if the crowd is below 14k.

Moreover, look at the way he treated season ticket holders last summer........... and you dare to tell me he ain't a bad one ! You have no clue whatsoever so spare us your crap !

I don't need any comparisons between how Wolves were under Sir Jack and Ipswich under Evans. The latter I repeat has no interest to make us better. Wonder what is the point of his ownership? He is systematically killing our club. One of the worst owners in the country. You may mention Charltons, Coventrys etc etc. What's the actual difference between us and them? All of them don't care. What's the difference between us and Blackburn's Venkys? Apart from being one level above them this season none. They sell best players and replace them with cheap bargains, loanees, freebies etc etc.

Your team gave Manchester City a good go last night whereas we have no hope at all. So don't give us lectures about our club. We can't even beat Norwich these days. 7 meetings under McCarthy and this is just another game for him. We're losing 0-1, pumping long balls notoriously and he stands with hands in the pockets. And he'll keep pampering all our useless players. Bunch of useless chancers who let us down in every East Anglian derby with 'wonderful and great' Mick McCarthy in charge.

We're a footballing irrelevance under Evans and McCarthy and it will systematically get worse and worse. So once again don't tell us the crap that some people want to hear. The crap like we're a well run club because it's completely opposite. We know better as this is our club.

I thought I said on a post card, how you gonna get that lot on a post card tut tut :? . actually the bits that make any sense could have been wrote on the stamp, :wink: :wink: LET IT GO MACH you know it makes sense. as you say its YOUR club so good luck with that one then.
Last edited by goldandblack on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Frosty wrote:just my 2 cents worth.

so thanks again John

I certainly hope this site continues for many years, best forum I have ever been on hence the reason I still come on here after many years.
but I think I will keep my opinions to myself from now on mate. to many good folk on here to upset any of them.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:12 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
goldandblack wrote:

I thought I said on a post card, how you gonna get that lot on a post card tut tut. actually the bits that make any sense could have been wrote on the stamp, LET IT GO MACH you know it makes sense. as you say its YOUR club so good luck with that one then.
And you tell me that the bits that makes any sense could have been wrote on the stamp..... just because you think you know better than me about my club ! I don't go on the Wolves forums to be a smart arse.
I've answered for all the drivel you posted before and now all you can do is taking a p*ss.

You just know sod all about our club so your contribution here is pointless. Some though won't disagree with you as you say things they'd like to hear.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue .

So we have come to this conclusion.

1. You know more about your club than I do. Agree,
2. You know more about your club than some other Town fans on here, Disagree.

as I said LET IT GO. if only for the good of the site, well I am so see you in Jan 18.

Exit G&B stage right.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:39 pm

goldandblack wrote:Mach_Polish_Blue .

So we have come to this conclusion.

1. You know more about your club than I do. Agree,
2. You know more about your club than some other Town fans on here, Disagree.

as I said LET IT GO. if only for the good of the site, well I am so see you in Jan 18.

Exit G&B stage right.
You're really tedious.

1. Agree
2. Some of the Town fans know better than me, some not. Depends. Everyone has his/her own view. But no need to mention others as the issue has been with your drivel you post here re our club. You've caused the fire by yapping some crap that our club is well run. I'm not from those who will sit quiet and put up with that crap.

Let it go? No probs. But again it's you started by telling utter bull.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:52 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Frosty wrote:just my 2 cents worth.

so thanks again John

I certainly hope this site continues for many years, best forum I have ever been on hence the reason I still come on here after many years.
but I think I will keep my opinions to myself from now on mate. to many good folk on here to upset any of them.
Welcome to my world, exactly how I feel.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Wolfie……, if I was the type to stop doing stuff because of the people who tell me I talk shyte (on a daily basis)……, I'd have to stay in bed every day! :D

You were one of the first I properly communicated with on this forum back in 09, the pleasure has been all mine since then and you need to keep on keeping on, on this forum. Your sense of humour is second to none and it is very much required for here.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:14 pm

marko69 wrote:Wolfie……, if I was the type to stop doing stuff because of the people who tell me I talk shyte (on a daily basis)……, I'd have to stay in bed every day! :D

You were one of the first I properly communicated with on this forum back in 09, the pleasure has been all mine since then and you need to keep on keeping on, on this forum. Your sense of humour is second to none and it is very much required for here.
mate, you don't really think I care a jot what these self impotancy, head in the sand type think, the worlds full of em,

anyway great result by your lads, Brilliant will be having words with Stu tomorrow at work.if he's back from the game,

Man Citeh did well holding our reserve team last night, but I think we need to sack the manager and get new owners in, well missing those penalty's like that they are clueless about football.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Tell Stu, from me…….. the Jambos are shyte at the moment. Biggest disappointment today was that it wasn't 4-0 minimum. Worst Hearts performance I have ever seen in all my days. Hibs were pretty darn good though.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:27 pm

marko69 wrote:Tell Stu, from me…….. the Jambos are shyte at the moment. Biggest disappointment today was that it wasn't 4-0 minimum. Worst Hearts performance I have ever seen in all my days. Hibs were pretty darn good though.
certainly will, mite text him from a distance cause he aint going to be happy.