Where was the passion last Sunday? Russell Osman is asking

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mach_Polish_Blue

Where was the passion last Sunday? Russell Osman is asking

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Osman: “We’ve just lost our identity as a club. We can’t beat Norwich on our patch. It’s a sad state of affairs and it hurts every ex-player seeing the club standing still. I see a lot of them regularly and we are all singing off the same hymn sheet.

“I feel for the fans. They just want to go to Portman Road and see a team play with a bit of passion. There are so many people willing the club to do well, but they need something to latch onto and get behind.”

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/where-was-t ... -1-5248309

Bang on sir ! But some will still keep pampering these w*nkers !

Earl Blue

Re: Where was the passion last Sunday? Russell Osman is asking

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:Osman: “We’ve just lost our identity as a club. We can’t beat Norwich on our patch. It’s a sad state of affairs and it hurts every ex-player seeing the club standing still. I see a lot of them regularly and we are all singing off the same hymn sheet.

“I feel for the fans. They just want to go to Portman Road and see a team play with a bit of passion. There are so many people willing the club to do well, but they need something to latch onto and get behind.”

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/where-was-t ... -1-5248309

Bang on sir ! But some will still keep pampering these w*nkers !
Only thing I disagree with it says 'We've just lost our identity as a club'
I feel we lost it some time ago.. :?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:53 pm

All these people who care so much, put your money where your mouths are then....yeah I thought not. They don't even bloody pay to get in !!!!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:All these people who care so much, put your money where your mouths are then....yeah I thought not. They don't even bloody pay to get in !!!!
Yes people care but Evans' policy had been pushing them out of Portman Road. The club thoroughly lacks ambition so there is no incentive for them to come back. Those who have walked away from Portman Road could do a better thing though. They could organise some protest. They could let Evans know their feelings.
In fact Town fans are far too timid and docile. 10 bleak years of Evans' ownership and barely a whisper of protest has been heard against him.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:08 pm

I agree Mach, a protest is a sign of real angst, no amount of talking in forums will change anything. Strange as it may seem i agree about Evans, MM on the other hand is, in my opinion a victim too.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:40 am

Bluemike wrote:I agree Mach, a protest is a sign of real angst, no amount of talking in forums will change anything. Strange as it may seem i agree about Evans, MM on the other hand is, in my opinion a victim too.
agree to some extent that MM has been a victim too however if that is the case I would have had more respect for him if he resigned and made it clear why, hed get a lot more respect from fans if he did that, by sitting there spouting hes happy with things last season it makes him part of the problem.

I think we all agree the owner has a lot do with all this negativity, the sad thing is I think people are so apathetic these days they couldn't even muster up a protest even if they felt like it.

For whats its worth I agree with Osman, I don't think hes actually having a pop at the manager with this, its the club in general where he feels the identity has been lost, I would agree with that. I think its true to say that we were gutless and without passion in that 2nd half performance, we played fairly well 1st half but you cant just not turn up for the 2nd against your bitter rivals who you have not beaten in 9 years, the motivation should have been there to least show that fighting desire (that to be fair is what MM built us on in his first couple of years of being manager)

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:51 pm

I think MM is in it purely for the money.

If he had any pride he would have been long gone by now in view of the way Evans has treated him. He has also harped on in the past about wanting to manage in the Premiership again. Keep on wishing, Mick .......

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:I agree Mach, a protest is a sign of real angst, no amount of talking in forums will change anything. Strange as it may seem i agree about Evans, MM on the other hand is, in my opinion a victim too.
Oh ffs Mike get over yourself. It's not about you or your opinions it's about IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB. :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Oh ffs Mike get over yourself. It's not about you or your opinions it's about IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB. :roll:
??

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:20 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Who's opinion do we give if we can't give our own?

He has no reason to leave though does he BB? Unless he gets a better offer, I can't see why he'd leave. He's not really damaging his reputation either, he can just point to the lack of funding he's had, he's getting on a bit and it's simply his job to go through the motions.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Ricco wrote:
derick_ipsw wrote:
Who's opinion do we give if we can't give our own?

He has no reason to leave though does he BB? Unless he gets a better offer, I can't see why he'd leave. He's not really damaging his reputation either, he can just point to the lack of funding he's had, he's getting on a bit and it's simply his job to go through the motions.
Evans has treated MM appallingly in my opinion and he just sits there and takes it. I think MM is damaging his reputation but is happy to just pick up the money. He doesn't give a toss about ITFC and as I have said previously, he is yesterdays man.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

barmy billy wrote:Evans has treated MM appallingly in my opinion and he just sits there and takes it. I think MM is damaging his reputation but is happy to just pick up the money. He doesn't give a toss about ITFC and as I have said previously, he is yesterdays man.
You think Evans promises money every window and never delivers?

I do think he cares, if I'm to criticise the man, I'd say his shortcomings are tactical attacking nous and realising win = 3, draw = 1. I can't really comment on his previous teams, but I'd imagine his past successes have been helped by having the right attacking players rather than an amazing game plan.