Moore to return at Christmas ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Moore to return at Christmas ?

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Blues boss Mick McCarthy says striker Kieffer Moore is more likely to return to Portman Road at Christmas than continue his loan spell with Rotherham if he continues scoring goals. The 25-year-old is the top scorer in League One having hit the net 11 times in 14 starts and one sub appearance.

Along with right-back Josh Emmanuel, the former Forest Green Rovers man is on a season-long loan at the New York Stadium but with Town able to cut their spells short in January.

Millers boss Paul Warne said recently he would speak to McCarthy regarding his plans for Moore this week.

Asked whether that conversation had taken place, the Blues boss said: “My intention when I sent Kieffer out was to certainly get him games. It was unfortunate for him last year because he came into a team when we weren’t playing well, so he didn’t play well himself.

“On the back of having to come into a team that’s not exactly ripping it up, that was tough for him.

“He went away in pre-season and came back a lot fitter, he’s done really well at Rotherham. I saw him play at Wimbledon and we’ve had him watched pretty much every game. He’s scored some really good goals, gets in the box.

“So, the intention was to send him out to see whether he could get games and score goals and then we’d take a view on it. And that’s still the same.

“But, of course, the more he’s scoring goals, the view is that he’s more likely to come back here at Christmas and see whether he can replicate it in the Championship. And that’s my intention, that’s always been my intention.”
There is no disputing the lad is doing well but the few times I saw him he just did not look Championship level, perhaps he will return a much improved player but can he really get in ahead of Garner, Waghorn, Didsy & Sears ??

charlton837

Re: Moore to return at Christmas ?

Post by charlton837 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Id leave him there all season then review how he does pre season. He looked out of his depth last season when he played. But fair play to him, he's doing really well at the moment.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm

I had no idea he was doing well, I'm happy for the lad that he is, but he looked very much a conference level player when I've watched him. Unless they've all gone in off his backside, then any player who's scored 11 in 14 is going to have half a chance in the division above, the gulf isn't that great.

Maybe we simply suck at attacking, Pitman has scored 9 in 12 too. Who do we have in midfield that produces goals on a semi-regular basis, I'd suggest probably no one, Knudsen looked the most likely to assist on the weekend, but he's no Cresswell.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Obviously I haven’t seen him play for Rotherham but is the reason he is scoring is that he may actually be getting the service he needs to score goals?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:27 pm

From reports ive read his form has been excellent and no fluke, when he played a few times last season for us he looked ok at times with the ball at his feet but woeful in the air which is odd for one so tall, i wonder where and how his goals have been coming from ? For me there is no doubt the standard in League one is a fair bit inferior but even so he's doing well.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Perhaps we could swap Him with McGoldrick going to the Millers as a replacement?

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:10 pm

hallamblue wrote:Perhaps we could swap Him with McGoldrick going to the Millers as a replacement?
:roll: : I don't see why not Liz, Didsie and Freddie out on a confidence boosting loan, oh and send Scussie as well, he certainly needs to know that you can go over the halfway line and pass forwards rather than sideways and backwards.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Regarding Sears, agreed. He needs to find some confidence from somewhere.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Good to see him playing well, some nice finishes, but they're exactly that, he's getting some service and chances up there. At Town you need to spend all game fruitlessly competing for high balls, getting elbowed around by defenders, then if you're lucky you get a good bounce and the ball's at your feet, you now have to hold off their entire defence while McGoldrick and Skuse waddle around, pretending to support you, if you then manage to round 3 or 4 players with the help of another couple of lucky ricochets, you have yourself a chance.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:18 pm

The main difference I see , is at Rotherham they manage to get the ball in the box several times in a game. - unlike us !!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:37 pm

hallamblue wrote:The main difference I see , is at Rotherham they manage to get the ball in the box several times in a game. - unlike us !!
I dont know, we get it back to Bialkowski quite a lot if that counts?

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:31 am

I'd like to see him come back. If nothing else, it might stir up those we have.

The problem will be where our c*ck of a manager plays him. Left wing or right back are my choices.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:49 am

I would consider sending sears out on loan to league 1 come January. Id like to see if he could score some goals playing down middle. Might do him some good..