So - if Mick does go

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Chambo's Fist Pump

So - if Mick does go

Post by Chambo's Fist Pump » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:41 pm

Who is out there (in reality) that you would go for?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: So - if Mick does go

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Poyet/ Taricco ??

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Tarrico would be a fan favourite but I put I put poyet in the Roy Keane bracket. Not sure I rate him. Think id prefer someone who hasn't been at this level before. Not sure on names though!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Col Utd manager ? ( ex Town defender)

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:18 pm

If you mean John McGreal I dont see it Liz, far too inexperienced.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:20 pm

I actually wouldnt want Poyet but its a realistic shout. No ex players please, rarely works.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:03 am

Bluemike wrote:Poyet/ Taricco ??
That is a surprise I would of put money on you saying yourself. :lol:

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:37 am

Ive gone past caring who replaces the utter arrogant,pig headed,northern monkey,who shows such discontent towards its supporters after what i witnessed after and during the Burton game.
When is this d*ck head going to learn that we support ITFC plc and not Mick "I am a footballing god" plc..!

His comments and total lack of respect from the supporters borders on hatred i am appalled that Marcus Evens is not coming out to chastise him for criticizing the support for his football club. To do nothing appears to show support for such a muppet.

This donkey will play Celina on Tuesday and insist we play defensive hoofball to him which will make Celina look totally inadequate. The he will proclaim in a post match interview that .."I told you so..ect..ect.."

MM is destroying the confidence of this squad by playing hoofball. This squad is more than capable of playing the game to feet,we have witnessed this pre season and early season. This squad is good enough to challenge, but it needs leaders on the field and more importantly a man manager who believes in them and not himself to unleash them.

This squad in my opinion does not require a mass overhaul, It requires a person in charge who believes in them and wants them to express themselves and exploit their own individual talents to succeed and enjoy their game.

I say this to Marcus Evens.......The contempt shown by your current manager towards the "Life" of any football club...Its supporters, has to be addressed. Anyone who firmly believes that his job is not replaceable is psychotic to say the least.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Bluemike wrote:Poyet/ Taricco ??
That is a surprise I would of put money on you saying yourself. :lol:

In a true McCarthy styled response to your post....

edited by Frosty
Last edited by hallamblue on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:25 am

Chambo's Fist Pump wrote:Who is out there (in reality) that you would go for?

DUBZY !!!! WELCOME BACK munchkin !! :lol:

How are you ? So good to see you posting again. Do you go to the games anymore ??

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:10 pm

loudnproud wrote:Ive gone past caring who replaces the utter arrogant,pig headed,northern monkey,who shows such discontent towards its supporters after what i witnessed after and during the Burton game.
When is this d*ck head going to learn that we support ITFC plc and not Mick "I am a footballing god" plc..!

His comments and total lack of respect from the supporters borders on hatred i am appalled that Marcus Evens is not coming out to chastise him for criticizing the support for his football club. To do nothing appears to show support for such a muppet.

This donkey will play Celina on Tuesday and insist we play defensive hoofball to him which will make Celina look totally inadequate. The he will proclaim in a post match interview that .."I told you so..ect..ect.."

MM is destroying the confidence of this squad by playing hoofball. This squad is more than capable of playing the game to feet,we have witnessed this pre season and early season. This squad is good enough to challenge, but it needs leaders on the field and more importantly a man manager who believes in them and not himself to unleash them.

This squad in my opinion does not require a mass overhaul, It requires a person in charge who believes in them and wants them to express themselves and exploit their own individual talents to succeed and enjoy their game.

I say this to Marcus Evens.......The contempt shown by your current manager towards the "Life" of any football club...Its supporters, has to be addressed. Anyone who firmly believes that his job is not replaceable is psychotic to say the least.

NOBODY is irreplaceable that’s one thing I did learn in my managerial career, however I have no confidence whatsoever in Marcus Evans finding a suitable replacement especially if he wants to continue running the club on a shoestring budget. Maybe the risk is worth taking ? What does everyone think ?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:27 pm

What happened to that Dutch manager people were talking about during pre-season?

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Whatever happens now, I think MM has to go. I'm sure his post match comments yesterday were the final straw for many fans which will only result in lower gate receipts. If Evans cannot see this he must be hiding his head in a dark place: any suggestions?

Seriously though, the fool has gone too far and should have the good grace to resign from a post he clearly has no real interest in. The sooner the better would suit me.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:37 pm

As I posted elsewhere on another thread, the way McCarthy showed his total disdain towards the Town fans yesterday is totally unacceptable.

Any respect I had for him is gone and I’ll be happy to see him gone regardless of the risk involved in finding an equal or preferably better replacement.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:44 pm

barmy billy wrote:Whatever happens now, I think MM has to go. I'm sure his post match comments yesterday were the final straw for many fans which will only result in lower gate receipts. If Evans cannot see this he must be hiding his head in a dark place: any suggestions?

Seriously though, the fool has gone too far and should have the good grace to resign from a post he clearly has no real interest in. The sooner the better would suit me.

I'm with you Billy , 100% on this. I think his position is surely now untenable ?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Evan's probably doesn't even know what the score was, let alone what the dinosaur had to say post-match!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 pm

number 9 wrote:Evan's probably doesn't even know what the score was, let alone what the dinosaur had to say post-match!
An individual walking around blind without a cane, would be interesting to see how often Evans bothers to look at our status or even attempt to do anything about it. Apathy can be solution, but not when you're the chairman and owner of a 'football' club side. It's no coincidence we're been dormant since 2007, it's imperative someone comes in who possesses a tangible interest in the future prosperity of the club. Problem is I can't envisage Marcus Evans vacating any time soon, and with it, that means we could be with McCarthy longer than some may care to consider.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:56 pm

Having listened, from time imomoral, to managers trotting out mind-numbing, cliche ridden, platitudes, it might be a view that MM’s forthright, take no prisoners, comments are based in the reality of what is a brutal environment, where results are all that ultimately matter. Unless you’ve experienced life in pro football, observing from the sidelines, gives no sense of the adrenalin that pumps, the aggression that results and the disconnect between brain and mouth when faced with criticism or awkward questions concerning judgement.

That might be a view, and it would be understood without question in the dressing room. But there are wider implications arising from being a ‘fuc*ing blunt and honest Yorkshireman’, which MM has increasingly decided to ignore or, worse, deliberately confront and antagonise those who are essentially the club’s life-blood. If the relationship between MM and supporters was fragile before, then it’s now on life support, and probably fatally so. I don’t believe he will remain in post until May, because I think he’s slowly loosing the dressing room.

As for a successor, like others I have little confidence that ME will get it right: but in truth he has to.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:01 pm

There seems to be a rumour floating around that Sheffield Weds want McCarthy, and might be about to sack their current manager.

Wonder how many players from this squad MM would try to take with him if he did leave for another Club?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:There seems to be a rumour floating around that Sheffield Weds want McCarthy, and might be about to sack their current manager.

Wonder how many players from this squad MM would try to take with him if he did leave for another Club?
More like who would want to go with him?!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:39 am

Ha ha , yes I get your point !!

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 am

Chambers and Skuse !!

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am

patthegimp wrote:Chambers and Skuse !!
Don’t think close relatives - Love Child 1 & 2 - count! :)

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:59 am

patthegimp wrote:Chambers and Skuse !!

These are the two that came to mind for me too, especially as I believe Chambers still has his family home in Nottinghamshire.

Neither are irreplaceable.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:00 pm

There's more chance of us winning the champions league than Sheff Wed wanting MM.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Didn't know we were in the champions league!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 pm

patthegimp wrote:Didn't know we were in the champions league!!
Exactly!!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Alan Pardew ?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Bluemike wrote:Alan Pardew ?
I think he spends too much money, Mike. I do like his tenacity, though.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Not sure I could stomach pardew here. Id rather look to lower leagues. Or maybe even a foreign manager but always a risk. We need to do some proper research, you would think most clubs in or position would be looking but I'm not sure about us. Will definately be interesting.