Ipswich Town vs Preston NE Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bounce back from the Wales trip?

Ipswich Win
58%
Preston Win
33%
Got something at least
8%

Total votes: 12

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Preston NE Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:.......,it is no coincidence than when we did try to play football with the ball on the deck we actually looked damn decent and carved them open,......
Yes, excellent report....... and the part above...... same with the game v Norwich until they scored. That's what I couldn't understand with the level of discontent towards MM. They've got the ability ON the park. They need to be a bit more consistent with it.

Saying that, wasn't expecting QPR, Millwall or Derby to lose today.

Bonkers.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 pm

The problem is McCarthy constantly hops and changes the team around ( just like Keane did), in order to match the opposition for that week, ( just like Keane did).

This means there is poor consistency within OUR team line up becau of it , and players never get a chance to build up patterns of play or partnerships.

He really needs to start concerning himself with OUR approach and nit the bloody opponents play all the time.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Keane also brought Jordan Rhodes back from a 14 game, 7 goal, loan spell from Brentford to sell him on to 'Udders, then bring in Shitforbrainsskin.

Not dragging up the past, honest...... it's just that you are making McCarthy and Keane comparisons....... I think Keane is still waaaaaaaay out in front in the stubborn arsehole, "l'll do it my way" stakes.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:48 pm

Oh yes he is , and he lacks experience when compared to McCarthy. So McCarthy should know better lol !

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:56 am

Bottom line that was an encouraging score after weeks of indifferent play. Granted the first period may not have been five star but the team stepped up a level second half and in the end it was a comprehensive victory. Will admit had not envisaged a home win, expected the opposition to take it on the day but a score that will provide an amount of encouragement.

If there was a sour note to proceedings then a crowd of 'only' 14,000 would seem disappointing. Evidently some made the decision to stay away after recent performance but missed out on something approaching proper improvement. Pity is we got players of caliber that can perform, but get played out of position or aren't even utilized enough by the manager. If you can stay free of injury and suspension and remain consistent enough we could properly challenge. Today may have been a rarity but here at least is something to build on.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 am

A genuine question, Saint....... you've obviously been a fan of the "sawwwwker" for YEARS...... you were at the Everton Watford cup final etc etc, (just to emphasise that length of time) ----> ..... have you always said "first period" and "second period"? Never first half, second half?
I like the ice hockey on occasion and use the American terminology of periods when referring to a game. . Can't imagine saying, "Great third. Hopefully the two thirds is decent, with a big final third!"
I know there will be forum members wanting to slap their keyboards that bit harder, "What beeeeeeluddy difference does it make??!"

I remember years ago, 90's I think, when Scotland were playing the USA. We were all in Bentleys Bar in Edinburgh. One of the half time analysts was American, .... all he got out of his mouth was, "Well, Rob, that first period......" to which a voice in the pub shouted, "First half ya c*ck!" :lol:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:08 pm

I liked the look of that team just hope that knob MM does not start changing it to much. Maybe Huws coming in for Bru with Connolly filling in for Skuse. Well done Town.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:15 am

Derick me old mucker I think its a cast iron certainty that mick will change the team yet again, as soon as his pet Scuse is fit he'll be back to disrupt a settled midfield, he cant help it, don't forget mick knows best :shock: although 95% of fans were saying Bersant Celina should start, its only now that we have been proved correct, even in a p*ss poor team selection against Cardiff, he stood out and so he should being on Man City's books, its just Micks stubborn attitude of I pick the team not the bloody fans, Honest Mick we were trying to help you.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 pm

ashfordblue wrote:Derick me old mucker I think its a cast iron certainty that mick will change the team yet again, as soon as his pet Scuse is fit he'll be back to disrupt a settled midfield, he cant help it, don't forget mick knows best :shock: although 95% of fans were saying Bersant Celina should start, its only now that we have been proved correct, even in a p*ss poor team selection against Cardiff, he stood out and so he should being on Man City's books, its just Micks stubborn attitude of I pick the team not the bloody fans, Honest Mick we were trying to help you.
Agree Ash he is a complete BELLEND.