McCarthy would go to sunderland

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

good idea

Poll ended at Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Let him go
100%
keep him here
No votes

Total votes: 12

BLUEBLOOD

McCarthy would go to sunderland

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:28 pm

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipsw ... -1-5264480

Now is the chance Marcus Evans just do the right thing before they get a new manager in place.

charlton837

Re: McCarthy would go to sunderland

Post by charlton837 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:47 pm

They have to want him first...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:48 pm

I think he's making it pretty clear that he is not available atm.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:51 pm

I’d call it “putting yourself in the shop window”, which is probably what he feels he needs to do just in case.

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:19 pm

ill drive him there myself!!!!!

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 pm

Must be concern over his commitment, whilst seeing out the remainder of his contract here. Of course talk will be of being totally professional, and continuing to give the max. But he’s only human (mostly), and knows that keeping us safe, hopefully finishing better than last season, will be job done. Then time for pastures new - that clock’s already ticking. That’s likely also to suit ME.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:31 pm

If ever there was a plea to " please come and get me " that was it from MCCARTHY.
Just f cut off man. He has well and truly laid his cards on the table , on the eve of Towns next home game.

And IMO He's deliberately stirring the shyte up between himself and the fans, IMO.....and he has the bare faced nerve to put any poor team performance at the feet of the fans, who have dared to ask for football to be played.

What an utter, arrogant, C U NEXT TUESDAY!

I can't wait to see the back of this arseole now .

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:40 pm

[quote="hallamblue"]If ever there was a plea to " please come and get me " that was it from MCCARTHY.
Just f cut off man. He has well and truly laid his cards on the table , on the eve of Towns next home game.

And IMO He's deliberately stirring the shyte up between himself and the fans, IMO.....and he has the bare faced nerve to put any poor team performance at the feet of the fans, who have dared to ask for football to be played.

I can't wait to see the back of this arseole now .[/quote

These^^^are pretty useful. Not so sure about you know who! Next time, HB don’t hold back - give it to us straight!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Sorry herforder, but his comments have really annoyed me tonight. I bloody hate him now !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Had a few beers and sitting here trying to work out what the back of an arsehole would look like. I'd imagine its quite messy in behind there.

Anyone remember the first time they heard the "C U Next Tuesday" quote? First time I heard it was in the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video, but didn't realise it meant that until around 20 years later when I was being a bit of a C U Next Tuesday and someone said it.
I said, "What? C U Next Tuesday? What?"
She said, "Naw, YOU'RE the C U Next Tuesday!"
"EH??"
Then it was explained. Its a good job too because I was very busy that next Tuesday and there was no chance of seeing her. All worked out in the end.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:10 am

One thing I can't stomach about McCarthy is his tendencies to keep supporters guessing or one simple answer becomes a f**king enigma. The bottom line is, whether there's a vacancy at Sunderland or otherwise and whether McCarthy is a candidate or not, there's no chance he'll move his as* away from Portman Road unless forcefully removed as he's in the unique position of earning a (outrageous) salary while in the meantime regularly performing at sub-standard level.

Forgot McCarthy led them to a league title back in 2005. f*ck me how did that happen : either took over someone else's work late in the campaign or the division was rigged back then. Hell they can have him back, safe enough distance from our club, if only it were that simple.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 am

Are we sure we are not over analysing every little thing MM is saying at the moment? I'm not sure what he said was as bad as people are making out. I think he was saying when out of work of course he will be happy to speak with other clubs and Sunderland would be one of them. He was asked the question so I don't know what he could have said to be honest. Perhaps he knows he is leaving end of season and is just putting soundbites out there but I'm not sure it was a come and get me plea.

That being said if they did come calling I think it could be a good thing all round

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:19 am

Ive said the same thing on the other thread Charlton, he said absolutely nothing wrong as far as i can see.

Saint Jude....how the hell is MM keeping us guessing ? He stated only the other day that he is here for the season and will make a decision then, you can't be any clearer than that, did you miss that or choose to ignore it ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:22 pm

I disagree Mike. When you're manager of a Club , when asked certain questions, ( given his current contract and future tenure situation), you don't go and say ... " I'd go back to Sunderland in a heartbeat"!

What message does that send to his players, the owner, or the fans?
We all know things are extremely strained at the moment. For me, he MEANT every single word he said there. He can't unsay it , and he cleverly covers his arse by alluding to his contract situation, but as we all know isn't worth the paper it's written , if Sunderland decide paying that off, m and they get McCarthy. In would actually be money well spent because he would undoubtedly keep them up! So let's not be conned by his , " I'm under contract " utterenaces. He knew exactly what he was doing. He's no mug. That was a clear message to Sunderland, if they choose to pursue it .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:37 pm

I dont see it that way at all but assuming you were right surely you are happy as you could potentially be getting what you and many others want so its a win win situation?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:51 pm

I think MM is just stirring the pot. I mean, is there really a majority of Sunderland fans who want him back?

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:01 pm

I agree with Hallams comments... You DO NOT comment in that way unless you
have an agenda..

Maybe MM does realise there is not a cat in hells chance that Sunderland would want him back,
however by making a statement like that could well be he is to alerting all other
clubs out there at the moment looking for a manager (and there is a few) that he could be
available. Naturally he is doing the politicians dance at the moment..

:wink:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:14 pm

To be honest, I think MM is behaving like a complete arse. I think Hallam and Earl are quite correct in what they say. MM is quite clearly finished with ITFC and wants other clubs to be aware of that. He clearly has no respect for the club or the fans and is more concerned with massaging his rather large ego.

And as for him saying he wants to manage in the Premiership again: good luck with that, Mick, I think you are disillusioned.

There is no way he can remain at this club after May, unless Evans wants to put up with very small gate receipts.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:42 pm

barmy billy wrote:To be honest, I think MM is behaving like a complete arse. I think Hallam and Earl are quite correct in what they say. MM is quite clearly finished with ITFC and wants other clubs to be aware of that. He clearly has no respect for the club or the fans and is more concerned with massaging his rather large ego.

And as for him saying he wants to manage in the Premiership again: good luck with that, Mick, I think you are disillusioned.

There is no way he can remain at this club after May, unless Evans wants to put up with very small gate receipts.
I'm confused! I thought you liked Mick, Billy?! :lol:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 pm

marko69 wrote:
barmy billy wrote:To be honest, I think MM is behaving like a complete arse. I think Hallam and Earl are quite correct in what they say. MM is quite clearly finished with ITFC and wants other clubs to be aware of that. He clearly has no respect for the club or the fans and is more concerned with massaging his rather large ego.

I'm confused! I thought you liked Mick, Billy?! :lol:
Yup, it's when I say nice things about him you need to worry.

3 mins to kck-off. COYB, stuff em.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Duly stuffed ! Could easily have been 6-7 goals in totally today. Why oh why do we only bother to attack in the second half ?. We are such a good team when we decide to actually attack teams.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:21 am

Have to agree with Eddie here.......Football politics which McCarthy is very good at....Good win but by cultured players and not by a super tactical manager

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:06 pm

we have come up with the perfect tactic's. its easy really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1iwLABTXU

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:22 pm

hallamblue wrote:If ever there was a plea to " please come and get me " that was it from MCCARTHY.

I can't wait to see the back of this arseole now .
I think it wasn't till I seen McCarthy's name in this thread that I realised you were not talking about Blue Mike. :lol:
Last edited by derick_ipsw on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:51 pm

You seem to have a fixation with me Derick as you are unable to post without mentioning me.

Also I think you meant to say "It wasn't until I saw" but I'm sure we all knew what you were trying to say, the English language isn't the easiest.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Hero worship comes in many guises! :wink: