The BBC “Cost of being an Ipswich fan” compared with others

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

The BBC “Cost of being an Ipswich fan” compared with others

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:53 am

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41914171

Enter “Ipswich” and see how we compare with other teams in the Championship.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: The BBC “Cost of being an Ipswich fan” compared with others

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:06 am

Good link that ^^^

3rd most expensive in the Championship for ITFC season ticket holders?? Wow. Those pies must be tasty!

Hibs are 3rd most expensive in the SPL behind Dundee & Celtic. That'll change soon though as Annie will need to pay for the shitty new stands she's built @ Shitecastle.

Might quit the ST and go get 385 cappuccinos from Starbucks.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 am

Evans needs to Put up or shove off . Money grabbing arseole. Only HE can affect what’s going on at ITFC . The ground is in a run down state too. He needs to deal with it or sell the Club.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 am

The yearly report on how expensive our tickets are, shock, horror. Old news but lets not forget ME inherited this problem and prices have been frozen under his ownership every year bar 2 I believe.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes this is an ongoing issue, but the point is Ipswich Town FC, aka Marcus, bloody Evans, STILL has to address this problem.

Many other Clubs are LOWERING their prices. Meanwhile, whilst Town maybe freezing their prices, the simple fact is , these prices are already longstandingly high. And have consistently been on of the highest in the league. The Club has less players than most other Clubs, and certainly uses a larger proportion of emerging academy ( cheaper) players. Yet despite all this
Town even managed a spectacular own goal by putting UP the prices of the longstanding, older fans. What an "own goal" that was!!

Little wonder that gates are falling by 2k each season. It's clear just freezing prices is no longer enough in the current market.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:42 pm

And the lower they fall the less chance we have of ever seeing prices reduced, just won't happen.

As for clubs lowering prices i would bet none of them have the stigma of Administration or a 87 million debt.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Most clubs outside the EPL are on a par anyway. Check Sarf'end United. Almost as much as Ipswich.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Ive not looked at the link yet but in the past it has always been that they have used our dearest seat price of which we have half a dozen.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:And the lower they fall the less chance we have of ever seeing prices reduced, just won't happen.

As for clubs lowering prices i would bet none of them have the stigma of Administration or a 87 million debt.

When Evans took over the Club he bought the £36m debt for peanuts. The d by as rocketed since his ownership, whilst he has rationalised operations on and off the pitch , to within an inch of the Vlubs life. This debt is Evans Corporation debt . We’re his dumping ground , for his debts.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm not sure any business would be allowed to just dump debts from elsewhere onto another business.

We also started to reduce prices in the Summer on match day ticket prices which was a start, it can't all be done in one go, to be honest I pay what £19 every home game ? To me that is fine, I have no issue with that at all, it is my club and if I could go and watch Bolton or Middlesbrough or Reading or anyone else for that matter for a quid I would not be interested, I couldn't give a stuff if it was free to get in to watch that load of sh*te to be honest LOL. I do agree completely what they did with the over 65's was unacceptable however.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:Ive not looked at the link yet but in the past it has always been that they have used our dearest seat price of which we have half a dozen.
I thought the survey was based on the cheapest season ticket price at each club ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:01 am

You could be right Andy, in fairness im going on previous surveys, I'll give it a read tomorrow.