January 2018 Transfer Window ... thoughts please ...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dubai Blue

Re: January 2018 Transfer Window ... thoughts please ...

Post by Dubai Blue » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Can't believe some of the responses on here. Bart cost 0 and will go for around 4m. Moore cost 20k and will go for 750k plus add ons no doubt. That's superb business. Maybe ME will take some of that to repay debt but either way that's two fantastic pieces of business. Bart wasn't such a great keeper when he joined but he has come a long way since then. Even now he is not so good that he can't be replaced. Remember that the club operates to a budget and doesn't need to sell players. None of them are transfer listed or touted. So this money is a bonus in respect of the budget for the season.

If McG goes for a sensible fee too (anything upwards of 1m) then that would altogether be great outwards business for me.

What we need is some quality coming in for GK & MF. We can probably afford this as wages for players crocked for the season are surely covered by insurance.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Dead right Marko, If we get say £4.7 million, for Bart and Moore, what we will possibly sign is loans only FACT, I think with all the millions we've had on sales of players since ME took over, has more than compensated for the crap spending by Jewell and Keane, so its about time ME dug deep into his wallet, and stop pissing off the fans with inoculant cheap skate signings and general running of the club, I also think that it wont only be Bart and Moore leaving in this window, Skuse could go to Forrest, as his home is in Nottingham, and there will be interest in Waghorn, Garner, & McGoldrick, after all if its Micks last season here, he will flog as many as possible to appease ME, and leave the club with just the bare bones, and then say that's for all you thick fans that asked me to go and say I played crap hoof football. :shock: OUCH

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm

And he'd be right lol

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Yep your right BM, he did play some crap footie, and upset a few fans along the way, but there you go that's life, we can only hope that any possible new Manager coming in at the end of the season, is a little more on top of his game with playing decent footie, bringing in some quality players, to compliment our youth coming through, and not be abusive to the fans, I just want to see the 25'000 + home crowd gates we used to get under Joe and George's management come back, and hopefully ME starts to invest and mix with the fans as all the previous owners of Ipswich have done, but I wont hold my breath on that happening.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:Can't believe some of the responses on here. Bart cost 0 and will go for around 4m. Moore cost 20k and will go for 750k plus add ons no doubt. That's superb business. Maybe ME will take some of that to repay debt but either way that's two fantastic pieces of business. Bart wasn't such a great keeper when he joined but he has come a long way since then. Even now he is not so good that he can't be replaced. Remember that the club operates to a budget and doesn't need to sell players. None of them are transfer listed or touted. So this money is a bonus in respect of the budget for the season.

If McG goes for a sensible fee too (anything upwards of 1m) then that would altogether be great outwards business for me.

What we need is some quality coming in for GK & MF. We can probably afford this as wages for players crocked for the season are surely covered by insurance.
For me personally, DB, my transfer market apathy started with Scott Brown going to Celtic from Hibs for £5M. Record fee, but not a lot changed for the better on the pitch. Ok, the East Stand was helped along its way, but I'd have preferred my old shitty bench seat whilst watching some quality players.

I can't really understand Ipswich fans saying "Oh we'll get this much, we'll get that much......"
In reality football terms, you'll get fk all.

Prove it to the fans, Mevans. Let's see some "decent" signings in January to help the depleted squad.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:36 pm

I doubt we will get more than £250k for Didsy now . His contract is all but up . There's no option on his contract . he's injury prone++++ , and can walk away a free agent in the summer.
No, Town missed than £7m boat 3-4 yrs ago now .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 am

Town are one of a number of clubs claimed to be showing interest in Fleetwood striker Devante Cole, who is in the final six months of his contract with the Cod Army.

According to Football Insider, Scottish giants Rangers, Championship quartet Sheffield United, Birmingham, Ipswich and Reading, and League One Wigan are all eyeing the 22-year-old, who is the son of former England international Andy, with a view to landing him for a cut-price fee.

Cole junior has scored 12 goals this season having joined the League One club from Bradford in January 2016.

The 6ft 1in tall frontman, who has been capped by England at U16, U17, U18 and U19 levels, started his career with Manchester City and spent spells on loan at Barnsley and with the MK Dons before he joined the Bantams following his release in the summer of 2015 without having made a senior appearance for the current Premier League leaders.

Town are currently not in the market for another striker, however, manager Mick McCarthy has said they could look to replace David McGoldrick, whose Blues contract is up in the summer, if he is sold during the January window.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:00 am

hallamblue wrote:I doubt we will get more than £250k for Didsy now . His contract is all but up . There's no option on his contract . he's injury prone++++ , and can walk away a free agent in the summer.
No, Town missed than £7m boat 3-4 yrs ago now .
The thing is Evans was and often is accused of cashing in and pocketing the money, at the time I remember every man and his dog saying he needed to show some ambition by not selling Didsy, this he did, a bit of a case of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:06 pm

From a broader, longer term, perspective (and reading MM’s recent comments) I have serious concerns that any potential transfer dealings will not be conducted with the wider interests of the Club as top priority. Will hopefully be proven wrong. But transfer activity should provide some sense of ME’s ambition for ITFC.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:28 pm

herforder wrote:From a broader, longer term, perspective (and reading MM’s recent comments) I have serious concerns that any potential transfer dealings will not be conducted with the wider interests of the Club as top priority. Will hopefully be proven wrong. But transfer activity should provide some sense of ME’s ambition for ITFC.
I think the only way it could be is if there was concrete information on what happens with the manager. I actually think Mick will be given his 2 year extension eventually and he will accept it (I hope not but I think it will happen). But whatever they decide needs to be done so asap, as if not we basically have no option but to just float along until end of the season, not many would want to join a club with that much uncertainty. From the words MM speaks it sounds like we wont be buying anyone anyway. Quite funny considering Milne said the opposite a couple of weeks back, no joined up approach! Or the board just think they can lie to the fans and MM is just saying it how it is, probably nearer the truth!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:23 pm

I think a proper (and not a half arsed) "MEVANS THE f*ck OUT!" protest needs to happen.

Reading comments like "float along to the end of the season" is very frustrating indeed. Not frustration towards you Charlton; frustrating that that is the reality.

FK OFF, Marcus.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:53 pm

If I was Bart or McGoldrick I would want to f*ck off to get away from the sh*t manager MM. The club is going know where so niether will there careers if they stay. ME JUST SACK THE c*ck PLEASE!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 pm

After today, hopefully the transfer window is not so much a window......, more patio doors. And both open,....., not just the one on the right. (Or the left for the weirdos)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:25 pm

McCarthy will probably leave in the summer, and Evans will not be spending any money this window or I doubt in the summer, but will cash in on the Clubs best assets . Like he always has done!

Pretty uninspiring really, isn’t it ! Which is why this Club will continue to decline under Evans ownership. McCarthy has his faults, but the buck stops firmly at Evans’door IMO.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Makes you wonder what players we could even attract such are our circumstances. If that Sheffield game was as desperate as reports indicate, then it'll be tough to encourage potential names to join up and help the club regain some sense of pride or direction.

As the other put it, both manager and owner are the poison killing off this once proud and established club, it's either take a risk and set the club free on the wind, or allow them to continue and keep us further behind. Hell, I'd rather take the chance.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Kiefer Moore has completed his move to Barnsley, tripling his weekly wage in the process.
Fee reported to be £750K - enough to pay up remainder of MM’s contract!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:35 pm

FA Cup 4th Round day....... get your mortgage on Keifer Moore being at Ikea getting a new kitchen with his tripled wages.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:18 pm

Give it a couple of years and he'll be working there

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 pm

:lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:50 pm

Hopefully with Mick McCarthy back in his hometown managing the local Ikea store.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:09 am

Certainly a sound financial transaction selling a player who cost us £10k and getting a fee of £750k twelve months later. However with the player scoring 13 goals in 22 League One games i’d have thought it more sensible to have brought him back to Portman Road all the better for the loan experience and give him a chance at the next level. I can’t believe we’ve written him off after just 11 substitute appearances.

I see already see the script in April when we next play Barnsley ... “Kieffer Moore hatrick on his return to Portman Road sees Mick McCarthy finally given the boot!”...... If only .....

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Charnwood wrote:Certainly a sound financial transaction selling a player who cost us £10k and getting a fee of £750k twelve months later. However with the player scoring 13 goals in 22 League One games i’d have thought it more sensible to have brought him back to Portman Road all the better for the loan experience and give him a chance at the next level. I can’t believe we’ve written him off after just 11 substitute appearances.

I see already see the script in April when we next play Barnsley ... “Kieffer Moore hatrick on his return to Portman Road sees Mick McCarthy finally given the boot!”...... If only .....
Trouble is, the first half of that statement will probably turn out to be correct - nonetheless ME will still hand MM a nice shiny inflation-proof new contract

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:33 pm

rossi wrote:
Charnwood wrote:Certainly a sound financial transaction selling a player who cost us £10k and getting a fee of £750k twelve months later. However with the player scoring 13 goals in 22 League One games i’d have thought it more sensible to have brought him back to Portman Road all the better for the loan experience and give him a chance at the next level. I can’t believe we’ve written him off after just 11 substitute appearances.

Trouble is, the first half of that statement will probably turn out to be correct - nonetheless ME will still hand MM a nice shiny inflation-proof new contract
Hate to say it Rossi but I think I agree with you. I also think they will offer MM the extension and I think eventually he will take it. He made soundbites last season that he would consider his position and wouldn't stay if he wasn't wanted, well that proved him to be a liar. Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happens this time round too. Our only savior would be another club coming in and offering him a similar wage to what we are, I think then he would look at a different challenge.

Very much hope im wrong

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:10 pm

charlton837 wrote:
rossi wrote:

Hate to say it Rossi but I think I agree with you. I also think they will offer MM the extension and I think eventually he will take it. He made soundbites last season that he would consider his position and wouldn't stay if he wasn't wanted, well that proved him to be a liar. Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happens this time round too. Our only savior would be another club coming in and offering him a similar wage to what we are, I think then he would look at a different challenge.

Very much hope im wrong
That's exactly why someone needs to organize a protest asap. If MM is here next season, it will be a major slap in the face to all Ipswich fans. ME is getting away with running our club in to the ground, and it has to stop. Can anyone be arsed to organize a protest? What about the ITFC supporter's club?...what the f*ck are they doing??? I'd do it myself if I lived in Ipswich, and if I had loads of contacts...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 pm

He 100% will NOT be here next season.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:He 100% will NOT be here next season.
You seem very certain. Just between the two of us (I won't tell anyone), is this just your opinion or are you privy to classified info?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:17 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Bluemike wrote:He 100% will NOT be here next season.
You seem very certain. Just between the two of us (I won't tell anyone), is this just your opinion or are you privy to classified info?
Not privy to anything regarding MM but surely to god with loads of other things you hear etc I really cannot see it Billy. I am certain he will go.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:24 pm

If we finish top half I can see it continuing. I only seen it ending by MM walking, I gather he's one of the better paid championship managers so I don't see many paying him what we do. I really hoped and thought he would walk end of last season. While much of what has been on the pitch has been better (the last few weeks aside) it feels like we are just re-living last season off the pitch. I don't see how this continuing helps anyone. He's in his last year of contract so if he's decided to walk he should just do it and ask ME for his pay off. Someone needs a chance to look at the squad and evaluate before the summer if they really are thinking of change. Also I would suggest they need to announce it before season ticket renewals!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Anyone else seen that wolves have apparently had a £34m bid rejected by AC Milan for one of their strikers. Mental!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:51 pm

:roll: what all 5000 season ticket renewals, if Mick is still here next season, that will be about the tops of home gates around 5000 mark, its like the Brexit situation, we want and need changes at our club, with the ultimate being ME sells up to someone who cares about the fans, and is ambitious and wants top flight football at Ipswich.