Is Huws injured or not?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dubai Blue

Is Huws injured or not?

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Was surprised to see him left out on Saturday.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Is Huws injured or not?

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Yes as i said somewhere previously, he has picked up another niggly hamstring prior to Saturday but hopefully not serious.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2017/novemb ... ay-a-part/

Hopefully good signs it was indeed only minor.

On a rugby forum I used to visit, there was a injuries thread/sticky with injured players, their injuries and potential return dates. It would be great to have something like that, but I guess Town just aren't transparent enough with how their players are doing, I can understand that for a few reasons, but it would be good.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Good news indeed

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:38 pm

We have far too many injuries sustained in non competitive games at this cLub. Either the coaching / training approach is all wrong , or the rehab team are poor ( which I doubt personally).

It will be interesting to see what our injuries rate is like next season when MM / Connor have left the Club.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Good point Hallam. I have wondered something similar in the past, but never mentioned it as I am not clever enough to offer a qualified opinion, unlike yourself of course bearing in mind the profession you are in.

As you say, it will be interesting to see what will happen when the current incumbents p*ss off (hopefully) come May.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:45 pm

I think a lot of it is down to us being so cheaply run, we take on good players that have lost some value or that other clubs have given up on and replaced in their team because of injury issues. It may also mean we are hasty, or because of a lighter squad, are forced to play players with niggles, or our youngsters, far more than we really should. Bishop played quite a lot when he was just 18 and perhaps we are now seeing the remnants of doing too much too soon in such an athletic league.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:08 am

Hallam, I know you are in the business and know your stuff about treatments &c but what statistics do you base your statement on?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:22 am

AW FFS!! We need to know stats and sh*t before posting? That's really going to affect things around here! :D

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Hahaha nice one! :lol: