Kieffer Moore

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

vaalae

Kieffer Moore

Post by vaalae » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:56 pm

A bit surprised Mick hasn't recalled Kieffer Moore yet. I know we've got a lot of on form strikers...but a 6 foot 5 goal scoring machine at present, surely he's a candidate for the elusive target man goal getter to fill Daryl Murphy / Jon Walter / Shefki Kuqi...maybe even Alan Lee role. Not normally two things that go together. Would have thought he was a dream McCarthy player.

Does it just say more about the standard of League One defending? Has anyone seen him play, is he the goods?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Kieffer Moore

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:04 am

MM has confirmed that he is being recalled in January, there is no doubt he has done very well, me personally, the few times I saw him he struggled at this level and will continue to do so, he is a long way behind what we already have here.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:22 am

Well I'm not sure if MMs statements were actually 'confirmation' Mike but certainly MM is making clubs aware that Moore won't just have his loan extended automatically.

I would say that the decision's not made yet and the club will be looking to see if there are any 'bonkers' bids coming in for him. If not I would not be surprised to see him extend the loan deal to the end of the season.

Despite his success I don't expect to see him playing for Ipswich after the end of the Jan window. At least this season anyway.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:57 am

own boss Mick McCarthy still plans to cut short striker Kieffer Moore's loan at Rotherham and bring him back to Portman Road in January, although he says that might depend on whether the Blues receive a “bonkers deal” for the 25-year-old, who has netted 13 times in 16 League One starts and one sub appearance since joining the Millers and is currently the highest scorer in the top four English divisions.

Speaking at the weekend, Moore said he is yet to hear from McCarthy about his plans for him in January but the Blues manager says nothing should be read into that.

“He doesn’t need to hear from me directly,” he said. “When he went there I sent him a good luck message and he’s got on with it and he’s scored his goals.

“If he’d scored one and everybody was giving out to him I’d be on the phone to him saying, ‘You keep going, you’ll get your chance’, but I’m probably the last person he wants to hear from, except to know what he’s going to be doing.

“But he’ll be coming back, that’s my view and [we'll] see if he can score as many in the Championship. Unless, of course, somebody comes in and offers a bonkers deal for him.”

After Moore had made a strong start to his loan, Rotherham showed interest in signing him on a permanent basis before the transfer window shut at the end of August, while a number of other clubs, Plymouth Argyle, Port Vale, Stevenage and Partick Thistle among them, were all interested in the former Forest Green Rovers man in the summer.

“He’s doing great, that’s exactly the reason, one, why I signed him, and why I sent him out on loan, to go and get his football,” McCarthy continued.

“He wouldn’t have played here, he wouldn’t have started with Joe and Waggy and Didzy, so it looks like a good bit of management to me.”

He added: “Just let him keep playing and playing well, scoring goals and we’ll deal with it when the time comes.”

Moore, who joined the Blues from Forest Green for £20,000 in January, is contracted to Town until next summer with the club having an option to keep him for a further season.

It looks to me that is what he said, obviously someone may want him but it depends on what MM means by a "Bonkers deal"

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:me personally, the few times I saw him he struggled at this level and will continue to do so, he is a long way behind what we already have here.
Exactly this for me too.

Sounds crazy, but all I can think of is that it might have to do with his contract, which I assume is still up in the summer? Maybe now he might have a bit of value McCarthy is thinking, bring him back, give him a couple of games and get him to sign a new contract?

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Bluemike wrote:MM has confirmed that he is being recalled in January, there is no doubt he has done very well, me personally, the few times I saw him he struggled at this level and will continue to do so, he is a long way behind what we already have here.
How about bringing him back then and playing him as a holding midfielder instead of Skuse?
He surely can't be any worse than Skuse, and would be significantly more of a goal threat

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:56 pm

Pretty sure MM’s comment about Moore returning in January was his ‘default’ position. At that time neither Rotherham’s manager, nor MM, had appeared to have spoken - although both the former, and Moore, were obviously keen for the loan to be extended. Suspect final decision may yet be influenced by other factors, probably linked to finance, and possible departures in the Jan window etc. Not sure a ‘bonkers’ bid is likely!

Moore will have benefited from his time at Rotherham - playing and scoring regularly boosts confidence, experience and makes you battle hardened. By MM’s own admission he had very limited opportunities in a struggling team, and did little to impress or suggest he could cut it in this league. But that’s not to say, given a run of games, that his potential might not come through, sufficient to provide MM with an effective alternative striking option. However, with the current form of Waggy, Garner, McG etc, it’s unrealistic to believe that MM would go down that route - and, in any event, scoring goals isn’t currently a problem. Keeping ‘em out certainly is!

Therefore, more likely than not, Moore’s loan will be extended, leaving his future thereafter down to MM’s successor. (Playing him in midfield vice Skuse is an interesting one - but we’ve suffered for too long with square pegs in round holes!)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:14 pm

This isn't working, Mick.

Just keep fking trying it, Terry.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 am

MM's successor? Nah. We'll finish in 6th this year, lose in the playoff final and MM's contract will be renewed for another 5 years.

Seriously though I don't buy into this idea that MM's future is already decided.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:39 pm

We are bringing Moore back to sell him IMO . This might be a way of raising funds for McCarthy but with Evans record I somehow doubt it.