They're going ahead with this

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

arana peligrosa

They're going ahead with this

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 am

Got news earlier today that Sam Allardyce is to be installed as new Everton team manager tomorrow. First reaction was one of surprise, which then followed dismay and miscomprehension. Nothing has been finalized at present time but this is as good as go, this will surely come to pass within 24 hours.

Took in a view on one of their main fan pages and not without surprise, the general consensus was one of bemusement and distaste. They're not wrong, I no longer follow the team like once before but realize without hesitation this is a highly questionable appointment. The fans got what was so required after so many years, in that majority shareholder F Moshiri has the money available to make a difference, but don't know much (William) Kenwright was involved in this also, why the f*ck bring in an individual who's best time is far behind him and hasn't made impact with any one club since his tenure with Bolton Wanderers. Not only that, has some questionable activities in and out of the game to his name, and what the hell was that nonsense with the English national team in recent time, fair enough it provided a level of humor, but it was a mess for all involved.

Allardyce may have been mentioned as a potential replacement somewhere down the line when McCarthy was at his lowest peak or not above garbage, but know will have declined without hesitation when or if the time arised. It's a candid disclosure that I don't possess anywhere near the same enthusiasm for the club as once before but care enough to not see the team in the second level of the game for the first time since 1954 (only Arsenal have a longer standing of top level status). Koeman put them behind to even greater extent after Martinez, but putting Allardyce's fat as* in place as next in line ? Sorry but it's bizarre, if not borderline criminal. Odd thing is the team had a 4 - 0 win over West Ham an hour or two ago, but interim coach David Unsworth has been in place for it, why the owner and chairman wouldn't allow him a proper chance to prove himself is unfair itself on the individual, who was a fine club servant.

I look at the situation and then at ourselves and arguably Joe Royle comes to the fore, as being the manager best equipped to achieve something or a manager who could actually challenge. (1997 and 2006 respectively). Was with all for the most part after the former walked away : Kendall (part 3) Smith, Moyes, Martinez, Koeman : and one or two standout moments aside, they were never involved in much and for the most part, it was an era to forget.

Allardyce is all but ready to land in position within a few hours but as before, this is a questionable decision. Having a new owner with money to spend is all very well, but not when you have the business acumen of a monkey. I hope they can pull away from recent problems, whether the support has faded or otherwise it's still an unfortunate situation.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: They're going ahead with this

Post by Frosty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:44 am

Happy Birthday mate!

Hope you have a great day 8)

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:21 am

saint jude wrote:Got news earlier today that Sam Allardyce is to be installed as new Everton team manager tomorrow. First reaction was one of surprise, which then followed dismay and miscomprehension. Nothing has been finalized at present time but this is as good as go, this will surely come to pass within 24 hours.

Took in a view on one of their main fan pages and not without surprise, the general consensus was one of bemusement and distaste. They're not wrong, I no longer follow the team like once before but realize without hesitation this is a highly questionable appointment. The fans got what was so required after so many years, in that majority shareholder F Moshiri has the money available to make a difference, but don't know much (William) Kenwright was involved in this also, why the f*ck bring in an individual who's best time is far behind him and hasn't made impact with any one club since his tenure with Bolton Wanderers. Not only that, has some questionable activities in and out of the game to his name, and what the hell was that nonsense with the English national team in recent time, fair enough it provided a level of humor, but it was a mess for all involved.

Allardyce may have been mentioned as a potential replacement somewhere down the line when McCarthy was at his lowest peak or not above garbage, but know will have declined without hesitation when or if the time arised. It's a candid disclosure that I don't possess anywhere near the same enthusiasm for the club as once before but care enough to not see the team in the second level of the game for the first time since 1954 (only Arsenal have a longer standing of top level status). Koeman put them behind to even greater extent after Martinez, but putting Allardyce's fat as* in place as next in line ? Sorry but it's bizarre, if not borderline criminal. Odd thing is the team had a 4 - 0 win over West Ham an hour or two ago, but interim coach David Unsworth has been in place for it, why the owner and chairman wouldn't allow him a proper chance to prove himself is unfair itself on the individual, who was a fine club servant.

I look at the situation and then at ourselves and arguably Joe Royle comes to the fore, as being the manager best equipped to achieve something or a manager who could actually challenge. (1997 and 2006 respectively). Was with all for the most part after the former walked away : Kendall (part 3) Smith, Moyes, Martinez, Koeman : and one or two standout moments aside, they were never involved in much and for the most part, it was an era to forget.

Allardyce is all but ready to land in position within a few hours but as before, this is a questionable decision. Having a new owner with money to spend is all very well, but not when you have the business acumen of a monkey. I hope they can pull away from recent problems, whether the support has faded or otherwise it's still an unfortunate situation.

Who gives a F**K what Dishonest Sam does!!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 am

Here here. With his underhand dealings I would think he will get on with most Everton fans.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 am

Echo Frosty.

And echo Derick.

Although this was decent.....

https://youtu.be/XCqjhxTngLI

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 am

Who gives a toss about Everton?

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 am

Thoughtfully constructed long post - but of very marginal relevance, and probably interest, on here! As for Allardyce ever being in the frame to replace a sacked MM........take more water with it! (The sort of money he’s demanding from Everton would send ME into tax exile....oops, sorry, done that!) :wink:

But genuinely - have a great birthday!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:43 am

nicscreamer wrote:Who gives a toss about Everton?
Actual toffees? I definitely do, Nics.

The football team? No.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:09 pm

marko69 wrote:
nicscreamer wrote:Who gives a toss about Everton?
Actual toffees? I definitely do, Nics.

The football team? No.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love all of the sweet based, filling removing, sticky joys of toffees...... But Everton? Big Sam? Nope, don't give a monkies.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Can only echo the sentiments above re relevance and give-a-sh*t-ness!

It was only last year he was deemed good enough to be England manager, so he can't be that bad, though completely agree with you OP that he probably is...

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:32 pm

He'll save them from relegation...that's about it. (and possibly pull off a few shrewd signings under the table.) :lol:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Allardyce, Pardew, smacks of the 'safe pair of hands 'approach. Bet Coleman is wishing he'd done a few more days of interviewing though before taking a Champ job :-)