Jewell back in football

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mach_Polish_Blue

Jewell back in football

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42181106

His quote: '"I don't want to be the manager and Richie is new to the job'....... You should have said: '"I don't want to be the manager as I'm totally useless'.

Or the other one: 'If I can help Richie avoid those mistakes that I made and a lot of managers make then that's what I want to do' .......... Nooooo, no-one can be that disastrous to replicate your mistakes you utter moron'.

He actually should be banned from any job football after the disaster he made at Ipswich.

Rest In Peace Oldham Athletic !

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Jewell back in football

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:31 pm

In fairness to PJ, he had Bognor Regis Town desperate for Tampon Shitwipes signature...... He didn't know what to do. They were offering 50 quid FFS. That's a few pints and maybe a solo dance.

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:57 pm

Jewell might be back in football - unlikely, however, that football will be back in Jewell any time soon. :)

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:05 am

Don't know how much involvement there will be, possibly give the manager pointers and be on hand for advice but at least he's in an employment capacity. Assistant manager in "football" seems rather obscure, there won't be nowhere near the same interaction level with the players, but bottom line even when he was in a forward facing role, his 'leadership' qualities were often dubious and mixed. In retrospect I don't know why we hired him, possibly some fine work at Wigan Athletic or was provided a recommendation, but remember that era all to well. Got the club to a cup semi-final which is commendable, but the league form was invariably sub-standard.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:40 am

He didn't get us to the semi final, Roy Keane did. He took over just before the arsenal away game, home game was managed by mcparland so I wont be giving him any credit for that one!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:05 pm

I actually don't wish him any harm, yes he was a disaster but there was no nastiness or malice in the guy unlike f**king keane the knob.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Being a Scouser he had some great one-liners. Describing Jay E-Thomas’s ability as: ‘‘on the one hand he’s a world beater, on the other he’s a panel beater”, is classic. Certainly beat Mr Keane in the sense of humour stakes - but never much of a challenge!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Bluemike wrote:I actually don't wish him any harm, yes he was a disaster but there was no nastiness or malice in the guy unlike f**king keane the knob.
I agree to be honest, I just thought he was a crap manager for us. Keane on the other hand always felt we were beneath him, he was the biggest knob ive known within football. Great player but an arsehole, anyone that could fall out with Walters the way he did cannot be a manager, Walters has always been shown to be a great professional and role model.

He made some really weird signings as well considering at that time we were splashing some cash, people like Stern John and Rory Fallon, what on earth were we doing! I do think if we had MM at that time with the money we were spending (and the rest of the Championship were not spending the money they are now) he would have got us promoted

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Would imagine ME’s biggest regret is that he wasn’t born with 20/20 hindsight - received some very poor advice, for which MM has picked up the subsequent tab. 10 years under ME’s ownership.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:23 pm

charlton837 wrote:I do think if we had MM at that time with the money we were spending (and the rest of the Championship were not spending the money they are now) he would have got us promoted
Yes, I too think exactly the same.