Ipswich Town vs Reading Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A Right Royal Chance?

Ipswich Win
57%
Reading Win
14%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 7

Shed on tour

Re: Ipswich Town vs Reading Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:37 am

charlton837 wrote:I would too if we were given at least 75% of that money to spend on the squad. I wouldn't if MM doesn't see any of it as has happened in previous times. I know there is debt and we are losing money year on year but I think this would be a good gamble to take, let MM spend money if he sells. I think Bart is quite happy here anyway but with todays market its not out of the question someone could offer money such as that if they wanted a number 1
If we were talking that sort of money then it would probably be a bid from a Premiership club.
Tbh as much as I like Bart I have my doubts many top flight clubs would see him as a No 1 and I certainly couldn’t see them paying that much for a backup keeper.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
charlton837 wrote:I would too if we were given at least 75% of that money to spend on the squad. I wouldn't if MM doesn't see any of it as has happened in previous times. I know there is debt and we are losing money year on year but I think this would be a good gamble to take, let MM spend money if he sells. I think Bart is quite happy here anyway but with todays market its not out of the question someone could offer money such as that if they wanted a number 1
If we were talking that sort of money then it would probably be a bid from a Premiership club.
Tbh as much as I like Bart I have my doubts many top flight clubs would see him as a No 1 and I certainly couldn’t see them paying that much for a backup keeper.
Perhaps so, but I wouldn't put it past a championship club in this day in age. But a lower prem team may consider him. Who knows, the transfer market is crazy these days. Nothing much surprises me

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
I agree, as good a shot stopper as he is no prem club would offer anything remotely close to 10 Million as other aspects of his game are flawed

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:51 pm

A January move is pretty unlikely. May be different come the summer; but, whilst Bart has many fine qualities and probably kept us up last season, there are equally good or better keepers who would be on Pship club’s radar. At £10M he would almost certainly be a back-up keeper at that level, and don’t think he would want to move to a Cship club - unless, perhaps, it was Wolves!