FFS Huws is out for rest of season !!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

FFS Huws is out for rest of season !!

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Shed on tour

Re: FFS Huws is out for rest of season !!

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:57 pm

A real blow.
He had injury problems at Cardiff as well. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and be ready for the start of next season but it is always a concern when a player seems to have one injury after another.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Well as disappointing as it is we have done without him all season so its not like we are being affected anymore than we already are, players like Adeyemi and Bishop need to step up.

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Disappointing and, given his injury woes since joining us, you have to feel sympathy for him. Bad luck. Such a pity that both he and Adyemi have been blighted, and therefore unable to put together sustained midfield appearances. Hopefully not a pattern that’s going to continue.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Am I imagining things or am I right in thinking we have more than our fair share of long term injuries ?

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:25 pm

:roll: Sorry but this sequence of serious injuries to certain players means we get little return for our expenditure, I can see why Cardiff shipped him out, :cry: sorry but these long term crocks, however good they are needing to be shipped out, we can put up with tight or torn hamstrings, thigh strains, and general knocks, but reoccurring injuries are bad business, the younger squad and academy players that take on injuries we can afford to keep and treat them, because of the minimal wages incurred, and because their young they heal quicker, so its worth the risk, we cannot afford the luxury of long term injured players on full pay, we are a club that's skint with a huge debt, I will get lambasted for these comments, but we have over the years had quite a few sick notes on board, that give very little time playing more time injured.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:53 pm

ashfordblue wrote::roll: Sorry but this sequence of serious injuries to certain players means we get little return for our expenditure, I can see why Cardiff shipped him out, :cry: sorry but these long term crocks, however good they are needing to be shipped out, we can put up with tight or torn hamstrings, thigh strains, and general knocks, but reoccurring injuries are bad business, the younger squad and academy players that take on injuries we can afford to keep and treat them, because of the minimal wages incurred, and because their young they heal quicker, so its worth the risk, we cannot afford the luxury of long term injured players on full pay, we are a club that's skint with a huge debt, I will get lambasted for these comments, but we have over the years had quite a few sick notes on board, that give very little time playing more time injured.
I cant help but agree with this.

I wonder how much money the club has lost over the last 4 seasons in paying wages out for no return?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Is it common practice for players to require medical evaluations before they are transferred? It does seem like we've had more than our share of injuries. Even our Academy players have struggled: Hyam, Bishop, Downes. Surely it's not due to the ITFC medical staff, or something else? Does anyone know what kind of condition the playing surfaces are in at Playford Road? I've heard a few people grumble about the surface at Portman Road. Just curious...I'm not being 'negative'. :)

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:59 pm

MM and the fitness team must study any potential signing’s general medical record, prior to signing. There are certain quality (at this level) induviduals whose injury histories may be questionable, but can be obtained at a decent price - then it’s down to risk. Sadly, for both Huws, Adyemi and the club, so far it hasn’t worked out well. Frustrating for all concerned, but a consequence of taking that risk.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:38 pm

It is really unfortunate where Emyr Huws is concerned but he actually got this latest injury in a match so not sure the rellevence of the Playford Road playing area, he is also only 24 Yo so ahrdly an ageing risk, he has had injury problems in the past but when we signed him on a 4 year deal for a bargain price not one single person voiced their disapproval, quite the reverse, all signings are a risk and yes we are in a position where we probably have to take a little bit more of a risk than many other clubs, who could have forseen Andre Dozzell getting the injury he got, it can happen to anyone at anytime, Jack Wilshire for instance, were Bournemouth mad to sign Tyrone Mings ? I think there is nothing in this other than rank bad luck for us this season and nothing more than that.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Bluemike wrote:It is really unfortunate where Emyr Huws is concerned but he actually got this latest injury in a match so not sure the rellevence of the Playford Road playing area, he is also only 24 Yo so ahrdly an ageing risk, he has had injury problems in the past but when we signed him on a 4 year deal for a bargain price not one single person voiced their disapproval, quite the reverse, all signings are a risk and yes we are in a position where we probably have to take a little bit more of a risk than many other clubs, who could have forseen Andre Dozzell getting the injury he got, it can happen to anyone at anytime, Jack Wilshire for instance, were Bournemouth mad to sign Tyrone Mings ? I think there is nothing in this other than rank bad luck for us this season and nothing more than that.
Yeah, that's why I mention the Academy players. We have had awful luck, though. I was certainly excited about Huws signing with us...it's just a shame he'll be out for the rest of the season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Trying to think back, have we actually lost players in training ? I can't remember when they all picked up their respective problems.