The Interceptor - Skuse

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

The Interceptor - Skuse

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Was IMO missed by the team when he went off injured yesterday! He is the glue that holds the midfield together , and really does the tyding up. Connolly totally compliments Skuse dnd would be a good partnership going forward this season I think. What do others think that saw him yesterday?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: The Interceptor - Skuse

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm

I always like Skuse, as you say his partnership with Connolly works well and they both compliment each other very well indeed. You aint gonna get too many agree with you though LOL.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:49 pm

I know he's old, Hallam, but is there a need to give him a dinosaur name?

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm

to be honest I think Skuse has been pretty good all season so far. I also agree Connolly compliments him well, what has surprised me with Connolly is he has some attacking ability, good on the ball, has a pass and likes a tackle, he is proving to be a bit box to box which is something we have been crying out for. This allows skuse to just do what hes good at. Last season he had some poor games, but lets face it they all did, and when he was getting the ball last season it had nowhere to go, our midfield around him didn't exist. I don't want to harp on about last season but for me the biggest issue we had was Douglas, when he played we had to carry him and I think Skuse was trying to do that. If you compare Connolly to Douglas I think we can all see that it is a HUGE improvement and the more they play well together the more confidence it will spark. It may also lessen the impact of losing Huws.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 pm

marko69 wrote:I know he's old, Hallam, but is there a need to give him a dinosaur name?

Who? ...... Mike ???? :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:24 pm

At least when things go paps up, Skuse always has an answer.

I mean look here:

..... "Troops, to the Bat Cave!"

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 am

PMSL :lol: