Ipswich vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bounce back with a Win?

Ipswich Win
63%
Q.P.R. Win
13%
Draw
25%

Total votes: 8

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 am

The fans opinions are always what's needed on the forum and maybe if the post match interviews were beefier, it'd be better.
Judging by the post match comments, it would appear he wasn't directly asked about the sub decision. Have any of the journalists got the balls to ask him why Celina enters the arena with 6 minutes + on the clock? Maybe there is a perfectly good reason? I don't know. I just cannot get on board with the "oh the fans want Bersant? Fk them" thinking.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:48 pm

marko69 wrote:The fans opinions are always what's needed on the forum and maybe if the post match interviews were beefier, it'd be better.
Judging by the post match comments, it would appear he wasn't directly asked about the sub decision. Have any of the journalists got the balls to ask him why Celina enters the arena with 6 minutes + on the clock? Maybe there is a perfectly good reason? I don't know. I just cannot get on board with the "oh the fans want Bersant? Fk them" thinking.
In the match report MM said Bersant is not superman and cant play every game!! Im sure a man city international loanee is more than capable of playing every game. MM is full of sh*te, but i guess we can now say Skuse,chambers and knudsun are supermen, cos they never get dropped. McCarthy you total bellend tw@t c@nt to$$er. Sooooo glad i didnt go. I had a feeling this would happen

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:50 pm

P.s. yes i am angry after reading tbat cos MM treats town fans like fools. Its just not on and he wonders why he gets stick. Sorry for swearing!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm feeling the hatred there, ITNO1. You certainly want him out. Is there any chance of anyone finding either text or footage of Mick saying that "Bersant isn't superman"....... was it after another game? Can't seem to find that anywhere after this QPR game. If indeed that was his reply to Celina only getting 6 minutes, then yes, I'd say he's lost the plot.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:48 pm

marko69 wrote:I'm feeling the hatred there, ITNO1. You certainly want him out. Is there any chance of anyone finding either text or footage of Mick saying that "Bersant isn't superman"....... was it after another game? Can't seem to find that anywhere after this QPR game. If indeed that was his reply to Celina only getting 6 minutes, then yes, I'd say he's lost the plot.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mick-mccart ... -1-5334014

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:53 pm

:oops: Marco look up in Green UN Micks I'll take a draw report, states Bersent Celina aint Superman, ITNo1 was correct 8)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks for that link there, ITNO1. Couldn't find anything no matter what I typed in.

Quote:

Asked if he wished he’d brought the Kosovan international on earlier, McCarthy replied: “I was prepared to take a draw, I have to be honest. They are putting all the big fellas on and the only way somebody was going to score in that game was a scrappy breakaway. He (Celina) created the one chance, which was good, but I’ve got another three games for him to play coming up. He can’t play in all the games. He’s a good player but he’s not Superman.”

End quote.

Yes, completely understanding the anger even more. Was he prepared to take the draw from the 84th minute onwards? I am assuming that's what he is meaning? He isn't clear at all as to why Celina isn't starting.
If Neil Lennon was leaving players like Dylan McGeough on the bench with no concrete reasons, I'd be f**king furious myself.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:29 pm

I have also read somewhere that when Celina was interviewed after the game he appeared to be full of cold, not sure if any substance to this but definitely read it.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Anyone who was at the game yesterday, would understand exactly what MM meant: think Shef Wed result recently.

The reasons WHY we ended up in that situation, and his part in it, is another bunch of issues.