Fulham FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

3 points to start 2018?

Fulham Win
88%
Ipswich Win
No votes
Draw
13%

Total votes: 8

Frosty
Forum Owner

Fulham FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:47 am

ImageFulham v Ipswich TownImage

Tuesday 2nd January 2018 – 19:45

Craven Cottage

Pre-Match Thoughts - Bluemike

The festive period has proved to be one of disappointment for Town with a solitary point from the Nine available so far and while games against runaway leaders Wolves and second placed Derby are as hard as they come you can't help but feel a tad disappointed that we now could be slipping off the pace, granted we ares till only five points off the Top Six but the omens are not looking good right now, it shows just how important the QPR game was and even if we had managed to win that and lose the other two things would feel a whole lot better, it makes the decisions Mick made on team selection and tactics even more annoying as the team that started against Derby should really have started against QPR and would almost certainly have been good enough to get the win, of course it is now all water under the bridge but these bizzare decisions to swap and change the team around really do have a detrimental effect on things.

The injury crisis shows no signs of improving and hot on the heels of losing Huws and Bishop for the season it now appears we may have lost Adam Webster for a period of time too, it really is getting silly now and the only consolation is that we do have a transfer window about to open, the down side of that is we very rarely come to the party and sign anyone of any note. With keiffer Moore now back in the building and Aaron Drinnan available for selection any day now we seem to be strengthening the only area of the team that doesn't really need it !! A couple of Midfielders is a must while another versatile Defender wouldn't go amiss either, people don't like loans and while I would prefer signings anything would be acceptable right now, the season is a couple of defeats away from sliding into oblivion once more, equally a new face or Two and a couple of decent results can have a positive effect on things and kick start us back into life. Ian Milne seems to indicate money will be available while Mm seems to suggest we won't be spending anything, it is the same old story with us, mixed messages and history would seem to suggest it is Milne talking the crap again.

I think it is more likely we could see a player or Two leaving, Webster may have been one of those but for injury while Bart is always being mentioned and I have to be honest if we were offered say Four Million for Bart and the promise of a good seasoned pro as a replacement(I.E. Scott Carson for example) I would take it no hesitation, great shot stopper but plenty of shortcomings elsewhere, I thought at times against Derby Bart was awful. If I could choose players to ship out in the window to make room available for newbies I would have no hesitation in offloading Bru, Sears, Smith, Hyam (if fit) and probably even Didsy who yesterday came on and gave the ball away every single time he had it, we will lose him for nothing in the Summer so a few quid for him now makes sense to me.

The tough run continues with a trip to Fulham Tuesday evening, a ground that has proved very lucky for me in the past but on this occasion I fear the worst, our non existent Midfield against one of the best ball playing Midfields in the division can only end one way surely ? As much as I will be rolling up praying for a point I can see us getting humped 2 or 3 Nil. If we would only go for it from the first whistle you just never know but we won't and as much as hate losing I would accept it if we gave it a real good go, add to that please stop playing a player in Midfield who we all but kicked out in the Summer and who we can't give away, we brought Adam McDonnell back from his loan stint so play him for god sake !!!! I see this as potentially our biggest defeat of the season to date but one crumb of consolation is that Fulham do conceded a lot of goals too so play to our strengths and we may just get lucky, unfortunately I see the festive period ending with a heavy defeat and with it the end of a frsutrating 2017 for ITFC. 3-0 Fulham win.

The Opposition - Fulham

Fulham Football Club based in London was founded in 1879, they will be playing in the English Football League Championship for the first time in 13 seasons after their relegation from the ‘Top Flight’ last season. They were the oldest established football team from London playing in the Premier League.

The club has spent twenty-four seasons in English football's top division, the majority of that in two spells during the 1960s and 2000s.

Fulham have never won a major honour, although they have reached two major finals. In 1975, as a Second Division team, they contested the FA Cup final for the only time in their history, losing 2–0 to West Ham United. Fulham reached the 2010 Europa League final, which they contested with Atlético Madrid in Hamburg, losing 2–1 after extra time.

The club has been in the Football League playing in various divisions since 1907.

In modern times Egyptian businessman Mohamed Al-Fayed bought the freehold of the club for £6.25 million in summer 1997. Micky Adams was fired by Al-Fayed in the aftermath of a poor start. He installed a two-tier management "dream team" of Ray Wilkins as First Team Manager and Kevin Keegan as Chief Operating Office, pledging that the club would reach the Premier League within five years. After an argument over team selection, Wilkins left the club in May 1998 to hand over the full managerial duties to Keegan, who steered the club to promotion the next season, winning 101 points out of a possible 138, after spending £1.1 million to sign Paul Peschisolido from West Bromwich Albion who was top scorer and captained by Chris Coleman – then the most expensive footballer outside the top two divisions of the English league.

In 1999, Keegan left Fulham to become manager of the England team, and Paul Bracewell was put in charge. Bracewell was sacked in March 2000, as Fulham's promising early season form dwindled away to a mid-table finish. Frenchman Jean Tigana was put in charge and, having signed a number of young stars (including French striker Louis Saha), he guided Fulham to their third promotion in five seasons in the 2000–01 season, giving Fulham top flight status for the first time since 1968. Fulham once again amassed 101 points out of a possible 138 in their scintillating title run, which was crowned with an open-top bus parade down Fulham Palace Road.

They are the only team to have twice reached 100 points in a season.

For the next 7 seasons they mainly achieved lower mid table positions in the Premier League.

Roy Hodgson was named as the new manager of Fulham on 28 December 2007, and took up his contractual duties on 30 December
In the 2008–09 season, Fulham finished seventh, their highest-ever league placing, earning qualification for the inaugural UEFA Europa League, the second time that the club had entered a UEFA competition.

2009–10 was arguably the most successful season in the club's history. They were eliminated from the FA Cup in the quarter-finals for the second year running, and finished twelfth in the Premier League. In the inaugural UEFA Europa League, however, Fulham reached the final, meeting Spanish club Atlético Madrid at the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg. In their first European cup final the Cottagers were beaten 2–1 in extra time, having drawn 1–1 after full-time. The achievement of taking Fulham so unexpectedly far, beating famous teams like Hamburg, Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk, and Basel in the competition led to Roy Hodgson being voted the LMA Manager of the Year by the widest margin in the history of the award. The home match in the round of 16 was arguably Fulham's greatest result in the history of the club. Despite losing 3–1 in the first leg at Italian giants Juventus and falling behind minutes into the second leg at Craven Cottage, Fulham scored four goals with no reply from Juventus.

At the end of the season, Hodgson left Fulham to manage Liverpool.

On 29 July 2010, Mark Hughes was named the successor to Roy Hodgson, signing a two-year contract with the club. Hughes resigned as manager of Fulham on 2 June 2011, having spent fewer than eleven months at the club. The Whites had an encouraging finish in 8th position and qualified for the Europa League via Fairplay.

On 7 June 2011, Martin Jol signed a two-year contract with Fulham, becoming the successor of Hughes. Fulham's Premier League form in the 2011–12 season was mixed, with the continuing away-record hangover of previous seasons dragging on.

Clint Dempsey scored a club record 50 Premier League goals for Fulham between 2007 and 2012

In the 2012–13 season, Fulham ended a seven-match winless run by beating Swansea City 3–0 away at the Liberty Stadium on the final game of the season on 19 May 2013. Fulham finished the season in 12th place.

Shahid Khan took over as chairman in July 2013, but after a poor start to the 2013-14 season, having only amassed 10 points from 13 games, Martin Jol was sacked as manager on 1 December 2013, with Rene Meulensteen taking charge as Head Coach. Meulensteen was subsequently replaced by Felix Magath on 14 February 2014, but remained under contract with Fulham until four days later, when Fulham confirmed the sacking of him along with coaches Ray Wilkins and Alan Curbishley. They were eventually relegated after a 4-1 defeat to Stoke City on 3 May.[/color]

Magath lasted in the manager’s role until 18 September 2014, when he was dismissed due to poor early season results, and Kit Symons took over as Caretaker Manager until his appointment was made permanent on 29 October 2014.

Under Symons, the Cottagers finished last season with 52 points and in 17th place on the ladder.

Kit Symons was sacked as Fulham manager in November 2015. It took 49 days to find a replacement, the club using Peter Grant and Stuart Gray in the interim, before appointing Slaviša Jokanović on 27 December 2015.

Fulham finished the 2015/16 season in 20th Place with 51 points.

Last season Fulham made it to the playoffs , finishing in 6th but didn’t go any further losing to the 3rd place finisher in Reading.

The Manager – Slavisa Jokanovic

Past Match - Video Highlights - Trev

[youtube][/youtube]

Media Watch - K L Blue

Form Guide

Fulham Last 5 Matches – Currently in 12th place with 36 points

9 Dec Fulham 1 - 0 Birmingham City

16 Dec Sunderland 1 - 0 Fulham

23 Dec Fulham 2 - 1 Barnsley

26 Dec Cardiff City 2 - 4 Fulham

30 Dec Hull City 2 - 2 Fulham

Ipswich Last 5 Matches - Currently in 11th place with 36 points

9 Dec Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Ipswich Town

16 Dec Ipswich Town 2 - 0 Reading

23 Dec Wolverhampton 1 - 0 Ipswich Town

26 Dec Ipswich Town 0 - 0 QP Rangers

30 Dec Ipswich Town 1 - 2 Derby County

Fixtures of Interest

WOLVES VS BRENTFORD

Match Referee – Keith Stroud

FULHAM 1 IPSWICH TOWN 0

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Fulham FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:20 pm

Quote:
As much as I will be rolling up praying for a point I can see us getting humped 2 or 3 Nil.
End quote.

At least you'll be rolling up, Mike. That'll take the edge off the pain!

Thinking the same though. It'll really be a horrific day at the Fulham office if they lose this at the Cottage. 2-0 minimum.

Ref:
"Aye, go on, fk off to the bat cave. That's where all the other pussies have gone!"

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks Bluemike for your very realistic notes on our current situation. Compare and contrast with the hysterical rubbish spouted by most of those commenting on the TWTD site. I don't know why I bother to read it so religiously - must have too much time on my hands!. Anyway I'm looking forward (with some trepidation) to the game tonight as its nearly a local game for me and Craven Cottage was the first Football League ground I was allowed to go to on my own many many years ago. I was about 10 then...how times have changed. I have to admit I loved all the swearing and banter coming from the crowds then (as a 10/11 year old). There was a sort of innocence about matches then; even the vitriol was sort of good natured. Any way, tonight the best I can hope for is a draw...I've had a tenner on the draw at 4.6 on Betfair.COYB!

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Fulham are just behind us so we need to take at least a point to keep ahead of them or we will be tumbling down in the standings. Like to think 1 -1. Hopefully Didsy is playing and we go on the pitch with a bit of ambition to score.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Team announced :

Bialkowski, Spence, Smith, Chambers, Knudsen, Skuse, Ward, Connolly, Celina, Waghorn, Garner

Subs bench : Iorfa, Hyam, Crowe, Sears, McGoldrick, Kenlock, Bru

Got players from the above that are capable but the opposition possess some quality additions of their own and have registered some impressive scores just recent. The venue should decide it, (and) they may have the greater interest. Hope the team can prove it wrong and take full victory from today, get at them early and maintain focus, go out and show your intent.

Fulham 1 Ipswich 0

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Am I missing something, we're 6/1 to beat Fulham tonight, that seems awful high, Brentford are only 4/1 to win away at Wolves. So we have less of a chance against a team below us in a table, than Brentford do against a team 10 places higher than them and running away with the league? Has half the squad gone down with the flu, or do the bookies really think we're punching that much above our weight in mid table?!!

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Oh that's great no goalsFreddy Sears is on for Grant Ward. What's up with Didsy...... play to win the game Mick!!!!!!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:44 pm

Smash and grab lol

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Idiot, good job I didn't put money on the 6/1 or I might just be popping over Spence's for a refund...

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Had to type this on phone...4 in 7 mins cheers town,, you owe me a fukkin ipad. Yes I punched the screen

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Oh dear oh dear

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:52 pm

An awful collapse after going down to 10 men, definite Red and bloody stupid from Spence but had the officials given us the freekick as they should have done he wouldn't have done it, officials were p*ss poor. We will never know if we would have hung on but with eleven on the pitch Bart wasn't being overly troubled.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Let the moaning commence ;) A bit of false hope when Garner scored,think most of us thought we'd get beaten tonight.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:18 am

Asked if he was disappointed with the nature of the collapse which followed, McCarthy replied: “I’ve no qualms with the lads out there. They were sticking at it. Fulham done us up a few times with 11 men in the first half. The first goal we got done with a one-two on the halfway line and we didn’t stay with a runner, but I’ve now got players playing out of position. They were doing a sterling job, but we just got done.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: MM finally the penny drops that its not good when you have players playing out of position. You have made a living at town doing just that!! Now its time to feck off

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:41 am

Even taking the dismissal into consideration the team should not have capitulated like it did. Four opposition goals in that space of time is a concern, not so for the manager who once again showed another phlegmatic / dismissive, reaction behind another sub-standard score. Sometimes a team improves when down to ten individuals on the field but not us, McCarthy tries to reason if the send off had not occurred then they would not have won by such a comprehensive score. How many shot opportunity and possession did the opposition endure, fair to say we could have lost out by a greater margin by the end.

Shame to see, one point from nine league games, flirting with the idea of a top six opportunity when in all reality we most likely won't even feature. However futile it may appear, wish with all sincerity both Marcus Evans and McCarthy would vacate their respective positions, these pair of individuals (for want of better words) hold no promise for the future prosperity of this once respected club.

(Or you can stick your head in your as* and pretend it's all not happening, we're only enduring a minor glitch, keeping the aforementioned names in position is the way forward etc etc. Sooner or later people wake from their slumber)

Magic Mark it's not moans, it's clear simple perspective. The team is poor, we've got no direction and season after another you expect something to happen, but we never make any proper inroads. TWTD may get castigated, but always take in a read particularly after a significant setback, most of the opinion is on target, we're easy meat for most opposition teams, there's a frequent void of any ambition or entertainment, (and with it), a clueless as* for both owner and manager. (We) Apologize unreservedly.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 am

Over the last 5 games played only four Championship teams have picked up fewer points, this is a shocking time of the season to have a poor run of results which could have a significant impact on where we are at the end of the season.

Hopefully we can pick ourselves up and put together a string of decent results sometime soon. I certainly hope so.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 pm

The problem with Town is , we are incapable of retaining the ball , home or away. Time and again we give the ball away and then drop deep to "defend" on the edge of our own bloody 18yard area. Mkaing minimal challanges in midfield ( we dont have any fit defensive/ holding MF anyway).

The left and light back positions are generally poor IMO and ALWAYS allow opponents to cross the ball into the box : Hence we invariably defend right into our 6 yard area, where Bart rarely comes off his line to CATCH the ball and kill the game.

All in all we have a f**king AWFUL defence : considering McCarthy's playing career was as a defender you could be forgiven for thinking he was really a striker in his playing days , co he hasnt got a bloody clue how to get the TEAM to defend or retain the ball.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:The problem with Town is , we are incapable of retaining the ball , home or away. Time and again we give the ball away and then drop deep to "defend" on the edge of our own bloody 18yard area. Mkaing minimal challanges in midfield ( we dont have any fit defensive/ holding MF anyway).

The left and light back positions are generally poor IMO and ALWAYS allow opponents to cross the ball into the box : Hence we invariably defend right into our 6 yard area, where Bart rarely comes off his line to CATCH the ball and kill the game.

All in all we have a f**king AWFUL defence : considering McCarthy's playing career was as a defender you could be forgiven for thinking he was really a striker in his playing days , co he hasnt got a bloody clue how to get the TEAM to defend or retain the ball.
You are quite right in what you say and similar comments have been made by others on several occasions. We are going round in circles and I regret it won't be resolved until we have a new manager.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:15 pm

I can not see the point in even expressing an opinion on last nights fiasco. Town were simply not good enough or motivated enough to grind out something....even pride. Not a fan of Chambers,weak and poor captain who only knows how to hoof it forward usually to the opposition.

We have to endure MMs reign for the remainder of this season before any hopes and dreams from the long suffering fans return back to PR. Under McCarthy, the fans have turned their backs on him and our club, Myself included.

Marcus Evens got cautious and failed to support the right manager when he got him in.......In my opinion, without showing some sort of financial backing for your manager, whoever comes in has their work cut out........

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Sorry, LnP, I'm slightly confused. You say many have turned their backs on the manager and the club, yourself included........., then you say Mevans failed to support THE RIGHT MANAGER when he got him, (I'm assuming you mean McCarthy as the other two were nuggetheids)........, so you reckon he's the right manager? BUT you've turned your back on him? Not understanding that mate? Wouldn't you give backing to a manager you think is right, and aim discontent towards the Fraudulent ticketmaster?

Saint Jude....... As groups of players in the championship go, it is not a poor team. It's actually quite a good team barring two or three.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:02 pm

marko69 wrote:Sorry, LnP, I'm slightly confused. You say many have turned their backs on the manager and the club, yourself included........., then you say Mevans failed to support THE RIGHT MANAGER when he got him, (I'm assuming you mean McCarthy as the other two were nuggetheids)........, so you reckon he's the right manager? BUT you've turned your back on him? Not understanding that mate? Wouldn't you give backing to a manager you think is right, and aim discontent towards the Fraudulent ticketmaster?

Saint Jude....... As groups of players in the championship go, it is not a poor team. It's actually quite a good team barring two or three.
Marko.....When MM was appointed, I felt he was the right man as many of us did....But a magician he is not. I stopped being a fan of MM when he aimed his frustrations at the Fans. You and i both know that without fans a football club is nothing. His vile outbursts is simply not the ITFC pedigree. I want him out for that reason.

ME is the core problem and i agree with you, I dont trust him enough to appoint the right person let alone support that person. I find it difficult to give the current regime my money as much as it pains me to miss my fellow supporters....

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:29 pm

I agree with Marko the talent we have on the forward line Celina,Garner, Waghorn, McGoldrick, to name a few...... I don't include Sears in that group because to me since he signed a contract he has regressed in his ability. In Bailkowski we have one of the better keepers in the Championship but now is where I come to a halt. Not having the "privilege" to see any games I am not an analyst as far as the defence is concerned. The question is what makes me able to quote on the forwards....... nothing apart from the goals they have scored which is a plus for me. Reading the Daily Mail report from last nights game it was a lot of up and under balls from the defence to the forwards which we know doesn't always come to anything productive and usually comes straight back to you and puts you under pressure again.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:46 pm

There is no doubt what was the turning point in last night's game, a moment of madness as the Red mist descended saw Jordan Spence lose his head following his ridiculous challenge on the Fulham player, as he trundled off the pitch he took our chances of an unlikely win with him, clearly he is getting loads of abuse on social media today and to an extent rightly so, I would never condone that type of lunacy as it ruined my night for and 2000 others for sure, but, and this is a big but for me, I want to see Town players show passion, albeit channelled in the right way, I wan't them to show they care, Spence does that and to a degree this silly error shows he cares more than some I could mention, yes he will learn from it and hopefully not be so daft again. There is an even bigger but for me here though, the officials, if they had done their job correctly I do not believe for one second this whole silly scenario ever happens, seconds before Spence waded in a Fulham player did similar to Sears right under the nose of the Linesman who it has to be said was just about the worst I have ever seen, no flag nothing, it was an awful decision which in my eyes went a long way to costing us the game, It wasn't just this decision either, nearly every small decision went their way, some had to be seen to be believed, Sears should have been awarded the free kick, Spence doesn't go wading in, no Red card and every likliehood we get the win as for 55 minutes they may have had all the possession but they just weren't hurting us or causing Bart any great drama, the MM game plan was working and working well.

What followed the sending off was a capitulation the like I have rarely seen but I just can't get upset about that as events leading up to it played a massive part and for ten minutes we were just all over the place, I wasn't happy by any means but some of the fallout, particularly to the manager again is just plain OTT in my book, I do not think there was anything he could have done to stop the players from going awol all over the defensive area, one or two bounces went their way for a couple of goals and that is what happens when things turn against you. Again it looks like we have pivked up injuries with Ward going off before HT and Connolly later in the game as he was struggling, add to that Spence suspended for Three games, bare bones doesn't come close. Anyone going to the cup game saturday be prepared for a repeat of Crystal Palace away as it will be a similar line up, a repeat performance of that night will do very nicely thanks.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:52 pm

There is no excuse for having capitulated like they did after the red card. We keep conceding silly, shocking goals and 'Super Mick' isn't able to eradicate that problem.

The awfulness from 2016/17 is back. Only 2 points better off than at this stage last season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Spot on, Mike regarding the ref and linesmen. They do dictate the way games pan out. It's the main reason I take the pi$$ out of them so much. Yes, it's a tough job,....., no, I couldn't do their job, ...... but it is THEIR job, and too many of them do it badly..... and get away with it.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 pm

We have an unbalanced quality mix; where our attacking and midfield (when all are fit and available) are better than our defence - with the exception of Webster, who has both quality and the potential to get better. Sadly, the others are at best average, invariably struggling against pace and movement, and with a very fragile collective confidence - as shown so glaringly last night, and against Derby. Once down to 10 men, with Fulham turning on their progressive, short-passing game, with flowing pace and movement, we looked static and shell shocked, and no doubt thoughts of how Derby had enjoyed similar dominance featured. Short of ME funding better quality additions, there’s no easy fix with the bodies MM has available - which will only be compounded should Bart depart.

Having said that, the whole team has a collective responsibility to defend - and that too often doesn’t happen anything like well enough.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:59 am

Honestly looking at the highlights IMO the barge on Sears was not that dramatic and Spence's response was way stronger. I'm afraid I can't find a reason to blame the linesman for Spence's 'red mist' moment. Much as I like Spence he has to man up and apologise to us all. Happily he has already done that so I'm happy to draw the line under a disappointing game.

The worst is that we will miss him for the next two championship games.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:47 pm

It may not have been that dramatic Dubai but it was still a foul for sure.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Bluemike wrote:It may not have been that dramatic Dubai but it was still a foul for sure.
I'm with you on that but Spence's reaction was unfortunately well out of proportion.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:10 pm

I'm not an MM fan, but he is dealing with an unusual amount of injuries right now. I think we did the best we could building a squad over the summer. We've added Waghorn, Garner, Huws and Adeyemi...unfortunately the latter two have been injured. I wasn't surprised to see Bishop re-injured, and that also hurts. Webster, our most talented defender is struggling with injuries as well. McGoldrick is just returning from injury. I'm not sure another manager will have done much better with all those injuries.

With that said, I do feel ITFC still needs a change of direction in management. If Mick extends or renews, I will be very surprised and disappointed along with thousands of fans. It's not being negative anymore...it's a desire for something fresh: A new start no matter what the outcome.