Ipswich vs Sheffield Utd. (FA Cup) Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we be in the 4th Round?

Ipswich Win
27%
Sheff Utd Win
55%
Replay
18%

Total votes: 11

derick_ipsw

Re: Ipswich vs Sheffield Utd. (FA Cup) Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Bluemike wrote:I have to hold my hands up to something tonight and that is that I am a hypocrite, I've always prided myself on the fact that I "support" my team as I deem support should be interpreted, getting behind them come what may, cheering when things are not going our way and all that crap, today I unfortunately found my tipping point as for the first time that I can ever remember I joined in with the anti MM songs during the game, I even had a boo at the end of what can only be described as a p*ss poor effort, even by our standards that sunk to new lows today, f**king sh*te !!!! Yes we had a few out but Sheff Utd played virtually a reserve side and still we fail to muster even a single shot on target ? Not f**king One worthy of being called an effort on goal, I mean FFS, it's the FA Cup and I know MM doesnt give a toss about it but 12,000 cared enough to turn up and that is what you all serve up you hopelsess pile of crap !!

I suppose for 15 minutes we looked ok, yes we should have had a penalty early doors after Chambo's header was clearly stopped by a Sheffield players arm but aside from that we got worse and worse and worse, a lack of cohesion throughout, no game plan, Eleven players who seemed to ahve been thrown together and told to go out and give it their best shot, and all this against opponents who made Eight changes themselves !!! I suppose 0-1 at half time gave hope to the Town fans that something cxould still be salvaged but what we had to endure in the second half was f**king tripe of the highest order, players seemingly not even interested, they appeared to not give a sh*t, scared of a tackle or a clash of heads, pulling out of tackles time after time, periods of play where our movement resembled a game of musical statues, it was pitiful in the extreme, im getting to the point where I am sick to death of certain pl;ayers, thay are useless c***s and that is being nice.

Chambers & Knudsen defended ok at times but against what ? A second choice strike force that were crap and not even 100% fit on the day, Connolly who was the pick for me worked manfully throughout and at least looked like he cared while not being afraid to get hurt either, Waghorn looked up for it when he was brought on and tried hard to create sopmething fro the other useless fuckwits around him but it was a thankless task.

Dominic Iorfa has to be one of the very worst players I have seen wear our shirt, p*ss poor defender in all aspects of the art, positionally he is cruelly exposed time and time again, his tackiling is always on the edge of conceding a foul, he has the touch of a rapist whenever the ball is passed to him, going forward he is marginally better but still a headless chicken who has no belief in his ability at all, please just f*ck of back to Wolves you inept pile of f**king crap.

Kevin Bru, the player we dont want, or anybody else for that matter, scared to make a tackle, shits out of everything, couldnt create a ripple in a bath, strides around like a massive crab, sideways and backwards, told he wasn't good enough and now playing, ok injuries haven made it happen but I would rather see a kid in there with some desire than this f**king no good sh*t head, just p*ss off out of our club Bru cus you are woeful.

Freddie Sears, dear old Freddie who was ruined by MM right ?? yeah right, he is an absolute shocking poor excuse of a footballer, every single decision he makes is a wrong one, his movement at times is so funny, at one point this guy standing next to me timed how long he stood in the same spot without moving such was his static approach to the game, I was so pleased someone elsed noticed it, this is a player that goes years without scoring, just f*ck off to Colchester or East Stirling or somewhere, anywhere but here as I am sick of playing with Ten men whenever you are on the pitch you no good pile of crap.

Then we have Didsy, great on his day but at times like today totally disinterested, will go for nowt in the Summer so lets get 250K for him and get rid now, Celina in and out of games, great one minute and couldn't give a toss for the next 20, of course we need to stick with him but he is not a fighter when things arent going well.

Bart, our saviour so often, no surprise to me that Palace have cooled their interest in signing him, if they had seen him today they would have had no interest to start with, we all know he is a great shot stopper but most of the rest of his game is at times rank bad, today floundering around all over the place at times, rushing off his line and getting nowhere near the ball, kick after kick goes into touch, he rolls the ball out and invaribaly plays us into trouble, decision making is poor, even for their goal which was a good strike I felt, along with others that he was so slow to use his feet, this is a common thing with him and take the time to watch him when he has to get down low to his left it is always a weakness, he has an issue there for sure, 4 Million ???? I would take it in an instant.

I suppose the old cliche we can concentrate on the league is true now as we have 15 points to find to stay up, to say I am pissed off after today is an understatement, I ran out of patience with MM following the insulting way he handled cardiff away and while I wished him no harm I felt it was time for change come May, I was wrong, he needs to f*ck off now, I don't want another Five months of this garbage, Bolton away coming up, yes I will be there, a weekend booked and paid for in Sunderland, yes I will still be there, trouble is Mick I don't want you there anymore, enough is enough, I will take my chances with whoever we may appoint but to watch this today was too far, and then to rub salt in the wounds we are losing the game at home and we have a new striker on the bench and you can't even give us at least something to look at with interest by giving him a run out, instead we have to suffer that c**t Sears for the whole game, f*ck ME I could have done better. Everything about today was bad, I actually got satisfaction out of singing "we want a shot" and "your football is sh*t" followed by "what a load of rubbish" Out of character for me but fully justified. Ive just read MM was unhappy with the result but not the performance ??? Is he f**king serious or what ??? JUST GO NOW FFS YOU MORON, stop insulting my intelligence, I backed you McCarthy but not anymore.

Bart (5) Iorfa (4) Chambers (6) Knudsen (6) Kenlock (5) Bru (4) Connolly (7) Celina (5) Hyam (6) Sears (3) Didsy (5)

SUBS :- Waghorn (7)
All I can say is "FINALLY" :shock:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Holy sh*t!! Apologies in advance for the -----> :lol: :lol: :lol: -----> not laughing at anyone, but at the wording used. Dear God that was intense! Sounds like you've completely flipped out there, Mike. Are we going to read a calmer, "reflection" post on maybe, Monday night?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:06 pm

No mate, you won't, ive been as patient as anyone, but can't stomach that crap anymore.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:10 pm

marko69 wrote:Holy sh*t!! Apologies in advance for the -----> :lol: :lol: :lol: -----> not laughing at anyone, but at the wording used. Dear God that was intense! Sounds like you've completely flipped out there, Mike. Are we going to read a calmer, "reflection" post on maybe, Monday night?
Thought Mike’s report was remarkably restrained - possibly even understated - given what those present witnessed this afternoon. Remember the ‘Club’s in demise’ thread? Today was a further step down that road. Fact.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:28 pm

I'd say it would be remarkably restrained for a more consistently pessimistic person. Mike's post, for me, was a "holy sh*t" read. The club must be in the sh*t more than I myself realise. Unless of course it was a "heat of the moment" vent and that reflection post is posted on Monday.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:30 pm

And I just see the 9:06pm post!

Oh dear! It's THAT bad.

Well, come on then........ lose the f**king plot, FFS! Herforder says you're restraining yourself!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:38 pm

The sad thing is Marko I'm really not laughing, ive stuck up for that f**king idiot and spent hundreds going up and down the country which is fine , my choice but when i think people dont give a f*ck and still pick up their 1000s every week is when i flip

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 pm

No one on this forum, or any other site you may visit, can deny the level of your patience towards the current regime.

The only problem is, with Mevans at the helm, I really can't see anyone else steering the club in a better direction. Could very well be wrong on that, and perhaps a "Lincoln" boss could do better as someone on here recently said. Wouldn't be betting on that though.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Well, the interesting issue will be if MM and ME have already agreed between them that the option to extend MM’s contract will be taken up, and how the timing of that decision is handled relative to ST renewals etc. Am pretty sure that a decision has already been made. So either ME is working to identify potential replacements in good time for the start of next season. Or he isn’t, and is prepared to suffer the inevitable consequences - and there will be consequences if MM stays.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Bluemike wrote:I have to hold my hands up to something tonight and that is that I am a hypocrite, I've always prided myself on the fact that I "support" my team as I deem support should be interpreted, getting behind them come what may, cheering when things are not going our way and all that crap, today I unfortunately found my tipping point as for the first time that I can ever remember I joined in with the anti MM songs during the game, I even had a boo at the end of what can only be described as a p*ss poor effort, even by our standards that sunk to new lows today, f**king sh*te !!!! Yes we had a few out but Sheff Utd played virtually a reserve side and still we fail to muster even a single shot on target ? Not f**king One worthy of being called an effort on goal, I mean FFS, it's the FA Cup and I know MM doesnt give a toss about it but 12,000 cared enough to turn up and that is what you all serve up you hopelsess pile of crap !!

I suppose for 15 minutes we looked ok, yes we should have had a penalty early doors after Chambo's header was clearly stopped by a Sheffield players arm but aside from that we got worse and worse and worse, a lack of cohesion throughout, no game plan, Eleven players who seemed to ahve been thrown together and told to go out and give it their best shot, and all this against opponents who made Eight changes themselves !!! I suppose 0-1 at half time gave hope to the Town fans that something cxould still be salvaged but what we had to endure in the second half was f**king tripe of the highest order, players seemingly not even interested, they appeared to not give a sh*t, scared of a tackle or a clash of heads, pulling out of tackles time after time, periods of play where our movement resembled a game of musical statues, it was pitiful in the extreme, im getting to the point where I am sick to death of certain pl;ayers, thay are useless c***s and that is being nice.

Chambers & Knudsen defended ok at times but against what ? A second choice strike force that were crap and not even 100% fit on the day, Connolly who was the pick for me worked manfully throughout and at least looked like he cared while not being afraid to get hurt either, Waghorn looked up for it when he was brought on and tried hard to create sopmething fro the other useless fuckwits around him but it was a thankless task.

Dominic Iorfa has to be one of the very worst players I have seen wear our shirt, p*ss poor defender in all aspects of the art, positionally he is cruelly exposed time and time again, his tackiling is always on the edge of conceding a foul, he has the touch of a rapist whenever the ball is passed to him, going forward he is marginally better but still a headless chicken who has no belief in his ability at all, please just f*ck of back to Wolves you inept pile of f**king crap.

Kevin Bru, the player we dont want, or anybody else for that matter, scared to make a tackle, shits out of everything, couldnt create a ripple in a bath, strides around like a massive crab, sideways and backwards, told he wasn't good enough and now playing, ok injuries haven made it happen but I would rather see a kid in there with some desire than this f**king no good sh*t head, just p*ss off out of our club Bru cus you are woeful.

Freddie Sears, dear old Freddie who was ruined by MM right ?? yeah right, he is an absolute shocking poor excuse of a footballer, every single decision he makes is a wrong one, his movement at times is so funny, at one point this guy standing next to me timed how long he stood in the same spot without moving such was his static approach to the game, I was so pleased someone elsed noticed it, this is a player that goes years without scoring, just f*ck off to Colchester or East Stirling or somewhere, anywhere but here as I am sick of playing with Ten men whenever you are on the pitch you no good pile of crap.

Then we have Didsy, great on his day but at times like today totally disinterested, will go for nowt in the Summer so lets get 250K for him and get rid now, Celina in and out of games, great one minute and couldn't give a toss for the next 20, of course we need to stick with him but he is not a fighter when things arent going well.

Bart, our saviour so often, no surprise to me that Palace have cooled their interest in signing him, if they had seen him today they would have had no interest to start with, we all know he is a great shot stopper but most of the rest of his game is at times rank bad, today floundering around all over the place at times, rushing off his line and getting nowhere near the ball, kick after kick goes into touch, he rolls the ball out and invaribaly plays us into trouble, decision making is poor, even for their goal which was a good strike I felt, along with others that he was so slow to use his feet, this is a common thing with him and take the time to watch him when he has to get down low to his left it is always a weakness, he has an issue there for sure, 4 Million ???? I would take it in an instant.

I suppose the old cliche we can concentrate on the league is true now as we have 15 points to find to stay up, to say I am pissed off after today is an understatement, I ran out of patience with MM following the insulting way he handled cardiff away and while I wished him no harm I felt it was time for change come May, I was wrong, he needs to f*ck off now, I don't want another Five months of this garbage, Bolton away coming up, yes I will be there, a weekend booked and paid for in Sunderland, yes I will still be there, trouble is Mick I don't want you there anymore, enough is enough, I will take my chances with whoever we may appoint but to watch this today was too far, and then to rub salt in the wounds we are losing the game at home and we have a new striker on the bench and you can't even give us at least something to look at with interest by giving him a run out, instead we have to suffer that c**t Sears for the whole game, f*ck ME I could have done better. Everything about today was bad, I actually got satisfaction out of singing "we want a shot" and "your football is sh*t" followed by "what a load of rubbish" Out of character for me but fully justified. Ive just read MM was unhappy with the result but not the performance ??? Is he f**king serious or what ??? JUST GO NOW FFS YOU MORON, stop insulting my intelligence, I backed you McCarthy but not anymore.

Bart (5) Iorfa (4) Chambers (6) Knudsen (6) Kenlock (5) Bru (4) Connolly (7) Celina (5) Hyam (6) Sears (3) Didsy (5)

I FULLY SUPPORT YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE BM, THATS WHY I'M SHOUTING, I think its too late to sort this mess out this season, but I do hope that there will be a significant change made for next season, Micks had 5 years to get something sorted in the way of a promotion team that plays attractive football, and bring back the 25'000 plus gates that have been lost due to crap displays, we do need a fooking good clear out by May,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 am

Rebuild ------> gel -------> fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!!!!!!!

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:05 am

Bluemike wrote:
Cook77 wrote:According to Anglia news any player sold in the window will be replaced by loan or bosman players
And for me that is exactly the right thing to do, after all 1000's of Town fans want MM gone in the Summer, add to that many think he will go so what sort of sense would it be for those same fans to expect the club to give him money to spend on players the new boss may not want, it would be daft even by Town's standards.
What new boss Mike?

There will be no new boss.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:13 am

There has to be now Rossi, it cant continue beyond this season

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:35 am

ashfordblue wrote:

I FULLY SUPPORT YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE BM, THATS WHY I'M SHOUTING, I think its too late to sort this mess out this season, but I do hope that there will be a significant change made for next season, Micks had 5 years to get something sorted in the way of a promotion team that plays attractive football, and bring back the 25'000 plus gates that have been lost due to crap displays, we do need a fooking good clear out by May,
Your not being a hypocrite mike, just fickle!! :lol: . Joking aside we all support town and want to see them do well. We all know we cant win every match and all we ask is the team put in an effort every game, win lose or draw. Trouble is for far too long its been hit and miss. MM has not helped in his team selections and playing people out of position for the whole world to see its not working yet he continues to do so and its no wonder the players are struggling. Yes we have a terrible run of injuries which does not help MM but he does not help himself. Certain players know they will be on the team sheet no matter their form yet players on the bench dont get a sniff. When they do get 5 minutes at the end of a beating its not surprising they cant be arsed. If they set the world on fire they are back on the bench next game. MM is not totally to blame although i cant stand the bloke now, his arrogant and blinkered approach to running this team and the way he talks down to the fans at this club is appauling. ME is to blame in my opinion, he sits back and allows all of this to hapoen. MM knows he is not going to be sacked so does what the hell he likes. Imagine if certain other managers made these comments towards fans, it would be all over the media and im sure they would get hauled over the coals by the chairman. Not ME, he sits back with his five point plan and watches his investment crumble. And whilst im here, what is his five point plan?? Building a team of youth through the acadamy?? If so why do we continue to sell the likes of mings. I just dont get where our club is going and ME shoukd be shouting it out and showing he means business to the fans. Maybe he might get us supporters back through the gates to invest our hard earned cash, but until he shows some intent i will continue to keep my cash in my back pocket.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:37 am

marko69 wrote:No one on this forum, or any other site you may visit, can deny the level of your patience towards the current regime.

The only problem is, with Mevans at the helm, I really can't see anyone else steering the club in a better direction. Could very well be wrong on that, and perhaps a "Lincoln" boss could do better as someone on here recently said. Wouldn't be betting on that though.
It is a major concern Marko, I have always been of the opinion that nobody would do as well as MM given the resources at his disposal and to a degree I stand by that, however the football on offer just gets worse and worse, I mean how many times have we barely had a shot on goal, his body language comes across as not giving a sh*t but to say he was not unhappy with that bloody performance yesterday is frightening, his team selections and substitutions just get worse and in recent games I have felt the bad vibes returning on the terraces in a big way, I just don't want that anymore.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 am

7 shots in 90mins and ZERO on target ........ at HOME !

#EVANSOUT
#MCCARTHYOUT

NOW!

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:03 pm

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Andym wrote:.
:shock: Come on Andym you've got me in suspenders here waiting for your comments ????????????????????????? :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Comments from the Green 'Un
“I’m not unhappy with the performance.”

That utterly bewildering post-match assessment from Mick McCarthy summed up the vast gulf which has developed between our manager and the majority of supporters.

Can there possibly be any Ipswich fans who agree with McCarthy after Saturday’s utterly dire FA Cup exit at the hands of a seriously weakened Sheffield United side?

His view is, quite simply, wrong.

Ipswich were absolutely awful.

We mustered not a single shot on target. So for McCarthy to say the performance was decent is utter nonsense.

Why could he not admit it was simply dreadful?

Why could he not apologise to the supporters, and thank them for turning out on a cold January afternoon and paying good money to watch rubbish? Is that really too much to ask?

Hopes were high that a run in the cup could bring some excitement to a season which is in serious danger of petering out.

Many fans felt it would be especially fitting as we mark 40 years since Ipswich won the cup.

We should have realised such hopes would be dashed.

Yet again, we were given a cup performance devoid of passion, and utterly lacking any real entertainment.

For me, McCarthy has serious questions to answer. With our league season going nowhere, why didn’t he start with the strongest available line-up? Why were proven goalscorers Garner and Waghorn on the bench? Why did he only bring on one sub? Why were Garner and our new striker from Ireland not used?

Eight observations on Town’s cup exit

I know we have a lengthy injury list.

But why protect players if it means the season effectively being over in early January?

Forty years ago, I was one of the thousands of Town fans at Wembley, cheering the team on as they memorably won the FA Cup.

Back then, we had pride, passion, a great team, and a club with a fantastic, close relationship with the supporters.

How different things are today.

The club is drifting. Yet again, we are heading for a mid-table finish in the Championship. The relationship between manager and fans is strained, to say the least. We never see the owner. What a mess.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Ipswich Town produced a limp display to lose 1-0 at home to Sheffield United and exit the FA Cup at the first hurdle for the eighth successive season on Saturday.

They say it’s the hope that kills you, but when it comes to being a Blues fan it’s the sense of predictability.

After a much-improved opening six months of the campaign, a poor Christmas period – one draw, four defeats, two goals and just eight shots on target – has brought back that Groundhog Day feeling.

• Northstander: Sorry Mick, but your bewildering post-match assessment is wrong!

Out of the cups, stranded in mid-table, almost certainly heading for a 17th successive season in the Championship and a lot more talk about player sales than signings.

Town have an owner who is unwilling or unable to keep pace with football’s rapidly-inflating financial landscape. The five-point plan – centred around the academy – is noble, but unlikely to halt this slow bleed.

• Andy Warren: Few postives, but Hyam’s return was one

Attendances have been on a steady decline for a decade, while debt has crept up year-on-year to £89m.

Incoming transfer fees simply get swallowed up in the ever-increasing costs of running a football club.

Investing £6m a year is far from unsubstantial, but it’s simply not enough.

• Mick McCarthy admits ‘they are a bit sick of the same old’

Even the most ardent of Blues fans will not wait forever for lightening to strike. Disillusionment and apathy has already led to thousands, reluctantly, finding better things to do with their time and money.

You have to feel sympathy for manager Mick McCarthy. It’s not his fault this club has been in this division for so long. In fact, they may well have dropped out of it without him.

• Stuart says: Eight observations from Town’s defeat to Sheffield United

He’s worked on a shoestring budget for five years. He’s faced the worst possible luck when it comes to injuries this season. He’s always turned out teams that represent the club with pride.

Yet a glass ceiling has undoubtedly been reached.

“I think they (the fans) are a bit sick of the same old and they want a change don’t they?” said McCarthy, who doesn’t help himself by saying things like ‘I wasn’t unhappy with the performance’.

“I guess that’s understandable, but, for the moment, that’s not happening.”

The Blues boss, love him or loathe him, has the air of a man who has made up his mind to walk away when his contract expires this summer.

Whoever replaces him could find it very hard to break this cycle under similar constraints.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Very last sentence Quote:
Whoever replaces him could find it very hard to break this cycle under similar constraints.
End quote.

The discontent towards McCarthy will no doubt continue until he's out the door, but that ^^^^ will be the reality. The "constraints".

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:27 pm

And those players who can't be arsed. I've got two engineers who've called in sick for the start of the working year. Two full heating installs having to be put off until the 15th. Unless of course those players fancy helping out? Well?? No, didn't think so. Lazy b*stard, overpaid c*nts.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:55 pm

I’m even more pissed off that useless c*ck cost me a winning 3 draw £15 treble ;Fleetwood 0 v 0 Leicester (W), Carlisle 0 v 0 Sheffield Wed (W), Town 0 v 1 Sheffield Utd (L) .... all I needed was Town to grab a late equaliser and they couldn’t even manage a shot on target let alone a goal, useless fuckers :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:00 pm

After scoring freely for much of the season we’ve now failed to score in four of our last seven games, what’s changed ?

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Coming after a poor run of results, yesterday’s dire performance has provided a tipping point for both supporters and local media. Those earlier critical comments, opinions and frustrations, that never completely went away, have resurfaced with added intensity, passion and anger.

Whilst MM, and some players, have to accept responsibility - albeit mitigated by a horrendous injury situation - they are employees of the Club’s owner. They reflect his ambition and commitment, operate within the financial constraints he imposes and, we are led to believe, do so within his strategic 5 point plan. But all of that raises significant questions and concerns that, in truth, have never been satisfactorily explained to supporters from day 1 of ME’s ownership.

Never, then, has there been a greater need for this reclusive individual to recognise that his responsibilities as the custodian of the Club’s history, and the sole arbiter of it’s future, demand that he communicates personally with, and shows respect for, the legion of supporters who represent the heart and soul of the club - and who are not simply unintelligent, turnstile fodder. Whilst what he might say won’t necessarily be what we want to hear, continuing to remain largely silent and aloof is having an increasingly toxic impact, and alienating even the most loyal and stoic supporters. They actually remain largely silent so far as social media etc is concerned; but they will certainly be silent within Portman Road unless this Club recognises the very real crisis that currently exists between it, and it’s supporters.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:24 pm

Think it's time for one of those TWTD people to write another "open letter" to Mevans? I think it's time "fk all" is done about this.

Anyone on here fancy writing it?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Newport 2 Leeds 1? Jaysus H! 3rd rounds had more shocks than a Midsomer Murder episode.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:45 pm

marko69 wrote:Newport 2 Leeds 1? Jaysus H! 3rd rounds had more shocks than a Midsomer Murder episode.

Watched a good part of it. Frank Nouble - remember him? - played a real blinder. Had a big hand in the Newport equaliser. Good story amongst the gloom!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56 pm

marko69 wrote:Think it's time for one of those TWTD people to write another "open letter" to Mevans? I think it's time "fk all" is done about this.

Anyone on here fancy writing it?
If I wrote it it would undoubtedly have to be censored

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:07 pm

herforder wrote:Coming after a poor run of results, yesterday’s dire performance has provided a tipping point for both supporters and local media. Those earlier critical comments, opinions and frustrations, that never completely went away, have resurfaced with added intensity, passion and anger.

Whilst MM, and some players, have to accept responsibility - albeit mitigated by a horrendous injury situation - they are employees of the Club’s owner. They reflect his ambition and commitment, operate within the financial constraints he imposes and, we are led to believe, do so within his strategic 5 point plan. But all of that raises significant questions and concerns that, in truth, have never been satisfactorily explained to supporters from day 1 of ME’s ownership.

Never, then, has there been a greater need for this reclusive individual to recognise that his responsibilities as the custodian of the Club’s history, and the sole arbiter of it’s future, demand that he communicates personally with, and shows respect for, the legion of supporters who represent the heart and soul of the club - and who are not simply unintelligent, turnstile fodder. Whilst what he might say won’t necessarily be what we want to hear, continuing to remain largely silent and aloof is having an increasingly toxic impact, and alienating even the most loyal and stoic supporters. They actually remain largely silent so far as social media etc is concerned; but they will certainly be silent within Portman Road unless this Club recognises the very real crisis that currently exists between it, and it’s supporters.
I agree with you, Herf...but ITFC supporters are renowned for being the nicest supporters in the league. I wish someone with many contacts could organize a protest. That c*ck Evan's is getting off way too easy, imho!