Ipswich vs Sheffield Utd. (FA Cup) Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we be in the 4th Round?

Ipswich Win
27%
Sheff Utd Win
55%
Replay
18%

Total votes: 11

Frosty
Forum Owner

Ipswich vs Sheffield Utd. (FA Cup) Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 pm

Image Ipswich Town vs Sheffield United Image

Saturday 6th January 2018 – 15:00

Portman Road

Pre Match Thoughts - Mike

There is no doubt the festive season has been a bit of a disaster for Town, One point from a possible Twelve is not what was required and while it has to be noted that Three of those games were against very good opposition the fact remains we would have been expecting to pick up more than One meagre point. The latest defeat came at a blustery and wet Craven Cottage on Tuesday night, much has already been written regarding the obvious turning point in the game where we saw a One goal advantage turn into a Four goal thumping in the Space of Seven painful minutes, having watched it again and again I just fail to see what Spence was thinking, OK we had been wronged and should have had a foul but even so, you are never going to get away with that kind of reckless challenge, not only the barge but the knee raised and going into the guys midrift, it was an act of lunacy, Spence has been big enough to apologise but it is all so damn annoying to think we were ahead and in with a real chance of getting at least somethiong from a game most had written us off in prior to kick off. It was our first sending off of the season, thankfully our discipline is usually maintained to a much greater level than Spence portrayed but the Three game ban will do little to ease the pressure on our depleted squad. Some fans have been quick to apportion blame in MM's direction again but on this occasion I fail to see how we can, ok we capitulated but it really did happen so so quickly I don't think much can be laid at the gaffers door on this one, the players went awol for a short period of time and paid a hefty price, watching the goals again it is also fair to say that Fulham got Two or Three very fortunate bounces in the lead up to Two of the goals but that is the way it goes at times. To cap it all it looks like Grant Ward will now be out while Callum Connolly looked a bit worse for wear towards the end also so it goes from bad to worse.

Talk is still rife that Bart could be Palace bound and if this were to happen I think Town will be hit very hard on the terraces with a negative feel for the remainder of the season, the feeling now with many is that we will drop away and meander into Mid table at best so to lose the player regarded as our prized asset would just be another kick in the teeth for many. Of course every player has his price but some of the crazy figures I see bandaied about for Bart just isn't going to happen, for me 4.5 to 5 Million is about right and should we attain that while getting in a seasoned replacement then I would not grumble, One or Two more additions from the sale would obviously not go amiss either but as we all know that seldom happens in January for Town. We can however welcome Aaron Drinan to the club, his clearance has now come through and he is good to go, I am actually quite excited by this one and the players seem to think highly of him already so lets hope we have another bargain along the lines of Tyrone Mings on our hands. I think it is likely we could see a couple of good Loan deals being done to bolster our beleagured Midfield, names are already being suggested so it's a case of watch this space, Mick tends to go about his business quietly and suddenly someone arrives, I think for us not to bring in Two or Three would be madness as we have virtually a whole team out so surely to god we can look forward to things being freshened up a bit.

Thankfully we take a break from League action this weekend as Sheffied Utd come to town on FA Cup Third round day, we really could do with a little bit of cup success to at least give us all something to cheer about after a poor run, I think out starting Line Up is going to look quite different again from the norm and I can see the likes of Iorfa, Bru, Kenlock, Hyam, Sears, Drinan, McDonnell possibly all given a start, it won't go down well with many but I think on this occasion we have little choice, we just cannot afford to lose anymore bodies, for what it is worth I see Sheffied possibly doing the same as they are in danger of dropping away from the play off picture too so it may not be an entirely lost cause, with MM definitely not wanting a replay I think there could be goals in this one, the big question is will we be strong enough to get the win, I won't be betting on it.

The Opposition – Sheffield United

Sheffield United formed on 22 March 1889 at the Adelphi Hotel, Sheffield (now the site of the Crucible Theatre) by the President of the Cricket Club Sir Charles Clegg.

The Wednesday had moved from Bramall Lane to their own ground at Olive Grove, and the tenants of Bramall Lane needed to create a new team to generate income. Sir Charles Clegg was incidentally also the president of The Wednesday.

Undoubtedly United's heyday was the 30-year period from 1895–1925, when they were champions of England in 1897–98 and runners up in 1896–97 and 1899–00, and FA Cup winners in 1899, 1902, 1915 and 1925, finishing runners up in 1901, and also eleven years after their cup final win in 1936. United have not won a trophy since 1925, bar those associated with promotion from lower-leagues, their best performances in the cup competitions being several semi-final appearances in the FA Cup and Football League Cup.

Their darkest days came between 1975 and 1981. After finishing sixth in the First Division at the end of the 1974–75 season, they were relegated to the Second Division the following season and three years after that setback they fell into the Third Division. They reached an absolute low in 1981 when they were relegated to the Fourth Division, but were champions in their first season in the league's basement division and two years afterwards they won promotion to the Second Division.

They did fall back into the Third Division in 1988, but new manager Dave Bassett masterminded a quick revival which launched the Blades towards one of the most successful eras in their history. Successive promotions in the aftermath of the 1988 relegation saw them return to the First Division in 1990 after a 14-year exile. They survived at this level for four seasons (being founder members of the new FA Premier League in 1992 after peaking with a ninth-place finish in the last season of the old First Division) and reached an FA Cup semi-final in the 1992–93 season before being relegated in 1994.

They would remain outside the top flight for the next 12 years, although they did qualify for the play-offs under Bassett's successor Howard Kendall in 1997 and caretaker manager Steve Thompson in 1998.

They were struggling at the wrong end of Division One when Neil Warnock was appointed manager in December 1999, and a financial crisis was preventing the club from being able to boost their squad, but in 2002–03 they enjoyed their most successful season for a decade, reaching the semi-finals of both domestic cups and also reaching the Division One play-off final, where they were beaten by Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Three years later, however, Warnock delivered a Premier League return as the Blades finished runners-up in the rebranded Championship. They lasted just one season back amongst the elite, before being relegated from the Premier League amidst the controversy surrounding Carlos Tevez, the player who was controversially signed by West Ham United and whose performances played a big part in their remarkable escape from relegation. Neil Warnock resigned as manager after the Blades went down.

The club struggled to come to terms with life back in the Championship, with a spiralling wage bill not being matched by the quality of the players brought in, and a succession of managers within a short period of time. The Blades did reach the Championship playoff final in 2009 under Kevin Blackwell, but a period of decline then set in. The 2010–11 season proved disastrous, with the club employing three different managers in the space of a season, which ultimately ended in relegation to League One under Micky Adams, meaning they would play in the third tier of English football for the first time since 1989, and only five years after gaining promotion to the Premiership.

In the 2011–12 season, the club finished third in League One, narrowly missing out on automatic promotion to rivals Sheffield Wednesday, and entered the playoffs. With victory over Stevenage in the semi-final, United missed out on an immediate return to the Championship after suffering a penalty shootout defeat to Huddersfield Town. The Blades again made it to the League One playoffs in 2012–13 after a fifth-place finish, but were knocked out by eventual promotion winners Yeovil Town.

On 3 September 2013 it was confirmed that Saudi Prince Abdullah bin Musa'ed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of the royal House of Saud had bought a 50% stake in United's parent company 'Blades Leisure Ltd' for the fee of £1 with the promise of providing "substantial new capital" with the aim of returning the Blades to the Premier League as "quickly as possible".

In 2014 the Blades began to be described by areas of the media as "giant-killers", having reached the FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley, losing 5–3 to Hull City.

In 2014–15 the team reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup and semi-finals of the Football League Cup, and despite being eliminated they remained in contention for promotion to the Championship.

United secured promotion back to the second tier of English football in the 2016–17 season under the management of lifelong fan and former Blades player Chris Wilder.

The Manager – Chris Wilder

Past Match - Video Highlights - Trev

Media Watch - K L Blue

Smith after Fulham game

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/any-t ... s-message/

Kieffer Moore

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32902

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32894

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/ne ... emId=28001

Was it a red? you decide(I think it was)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... of-madness

Form Guide

Ipswich Last 5 Matches

16 Dec Ipswich Town 2 - 0 Reading

23 Dec Wolverhampton 1 - 0 Ipswich Town

26 Dec Ipswich Town 0 - 0 QP Rangers

30 Dec Ipswich Town 1 - 2 Derby County

2 Jan Fulham 4 - 1 Ipswich Town

Sheffield United Last 5 Matches

16 Dec Preston N.E. 1 - 0 Sheffield Utd

23 Dec Aston Villa 2 - 2 Sheffield Utd

26 Dec Sheffield Utd 3 - 0 Sunderland

30 Dec Sheffield Utd 0 - 1 Bolton

1 Jan Derby County 1 - 1 Sheffield Utd

Match Referee – Mike Jones

IPSWICH TOWN 1 SHEFFIELD UNITED 1

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich vs Sheffield Utd. (FA Cup) Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:22 am

I know I'm Scottish and we are traditionally sh*te at cricket (amongst other things) , but I must say; Cricket back in the day, (similar to today) must've been the most boring sh!t around. Nearly every "opposition" section starts with the football clubs being formed at the cricket clubs.
Cricket club chairman, 1889: "Right this cricket bollocks is getting on my tits. As of Monday, I'm starting a football club. And I'm calling them "The Blades!" Any f**king objections?"

Nice preview yet again. It's quite sad that Crystal Palace are a "bigger" team than ITFC. If Roy fking Keane hadn't been such an absolute arsehole, that could be so different today, almost 9 years later. Losing Bart is quite significant if it happens. And if it's the Gerken to replace, (on what I've witnessed) hopefully he's not still a flapper at corners.
What's the story with Flynn Downes' injury? Will he be back this season?

If it wasn't for the FA Cup, I wouldn't be an ITFC fan, so it's a tournament I always like to see the club take seriously. Really am hoping it's a decent victory on Saturday and a place in the 4th round. It's still beamed across the globe and being involved in it is always good. Especially if it's a glamour tie. This isn't exactly that, (Sheffield United?...., Who the fk cares) but get past this and hopefully! A Liverpool at Anfield for Derick? A Rochdale for Mike? :D

Ref caption:

Player: That must be a penalty ref?
REF: Good question. Do you think it was a penalty?
Player: I don't feckin know! You're the ref!
REF: Well let's ask the linesman. Do you think it was a penalty?
Lino: Sorry, mate. I was texting. Didn't see it.
REF: Well, let's go ask that fan over there singing about some b*stard wearing black. Do you think it was a penalty, Sir?

....... this is open for someone else to carry on the conversation. Let's hear what the fan says!

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Im not expecting Town to take this tie seriously which is a rip off for the fans playing a much weakened side,(not that we would have much choice).

Cup days of old were epic..........not now, bloody disgrace.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Id like to see us put out a full strength team (which is still weakened through injury anyway). Im not worried if we lose another player, we are not going to make the playoffs and we are not going to get relegated, so we may as well throw caution to the wind in the cup.

That said whatever team we put out im not sure id say its ripping off the fans, I think £10 is a reasonable fee to charge for a cup game where you may expect to see some changes. I am going as I usually do enjoy getting to the FA Cup games, but it cant be denied that its been a long time since one was really entertaining. In a very weird way I enjoyed Lincoln away last season, we lost and were a shambles but it felt like a proper cup tie, seeing the excitement in Lincoln and the way they celebrated brings home what the cup is about.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 pm

McCarthy has confirmed that Crystal Palace target Bartosz Bialkowski will be in goal but has said he will make changes to his side while still fielding first-team players.

Jordan Spence is suspended following his red card at Fulham so Dominic Iorfa will start at right-back.

The Town boss may opt to give Jonas Knudsen a rest at left-back, which would see Myles Kenlock some into the XI.

However, there is little option at the centre of the defence and skipper Luke Chambers and Tommy Smith will continue with Adam Webster injured and youngsters Luke Woolfenden and Chris Smith on loan at Bromley and Chelmsford respectively.

McCarthy has also confirmed that Luke Hyam will make his first start since May 2016 having come on as a sub at Fulham and may well be partnered by Kevin Bru in the centre of midfield with Callum Connolly perhaps rested having played all but the final eight minutes of the Christmas fixtures.

Cole Skuse is unlikely to be risked with McCarthy having said the Bristolian’s ankle was swollen after Tuesday’s match.

Freddie Sears and Bersant Celina may play either on each flank in a 4-4-2 system or in the trio behind the lone out and out striker - probably Joe Garner - if McCarthy uses his 4-2-3-1 formation.

David McGoldrick could come in for Martyn Waghorn in the middle of that three or in a strike pairing alongside either the Town top scorer or Garner.

New striker Aaron Drinan, whose move from Waterford was confirmed on Thursday, will be on the bench and is likely to make his debut at some stage.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 pm

loudnproud wrote:Im not expecting Town to take this tie seriously which is a rip off for the fans playing a much weakened side,(not that we would have much choice).

Cup days of old were epic..........not now, bloody disgrace.
The much weakened side we played at Crystal Palace were a joy to watch on the night, I think they did the club proud, tomorrow will be a stronger side but I do wonder if Bru, Sears, Iorfa etc will put as much effort in as the kids did.

Cook77

Post by Cook77 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:47 pm

According to Anglia news any player sold in the window will be replaced by loan or bosman players

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:16 pm

loudnproud wrote:Cup days of old were epic.........
They certainly were. My earliest memories are definitely more about the excitement of the ENGLISH FA Cup. Still one of the best trophies in the world today. Ricky Villa, 1981? Watching as a 12 year old boy -----> unbelievable Geoff!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Cook77 wrote:According to Anglia news any player sold in the window will be replaced by loan or bosman players
And for me that is exactly the right thing to do, after all 1000's of Town fans want MM gone in the Summer, add to that many think he will go so what sort of sense would it be for those same fans to expect the club to give him money to spend on players the new boss may not want, it would be daft even by Town's standards.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 pm

40 years or not, just can't see the motivation needed to offer progress. Recall when McCarthy was with Millwall, they traveled to Highbury and won 2 - 0, showed tremendous character and appetite, if that could be replicated tomorrow we'd have half a chance. Pity is, time's are different and the manager isn't as adventurous as once before. Shame to see it occur, but expect them to put us out at the first opportunity, won't even salvage a replay game from it.

Say it often but it's true nonetheless. I.e. At least of an age to have witnessed the club win the damn competition, we've made little impact in subsequent years. Wish we could give it a proper go, show some real determination and interest : but unfortunately seen too much of it already since that epic day to feasibly expect any real change.

Ipswich 0 Sheffield United 1

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:08 pm

saint jude wrote:Recall when McCarthy was with Millwall, they traveled to Highbury and won 2 - 0, showed tremendous character and appetite, if that could be replicated tomorrow we'd have half a chance.
Can't see it being replicated, Saint. Think Highbury is a housing estate now. And there will definitely be a sign on grassy areas saying "No Ball Games". :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 am

I see MPB & Shed both offering attendances of between 8K - 9K for today's game at PR. Is the interest in the game really that low? If so, I've seriously chucked away some PL points.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Marko I would say they are probably right, 10k max. Only reason last year against Lincoln was ok was because they brought loads. Can see much more than 500-750 sheff Utd fans coming to be honest

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Gonna be more than 10K

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:Gonna be more than 10K
really? I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if not. The cheap tickets may entice some I guess

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:28 pm

aaaaaaand down 1-0

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Nearly 40 mins gone we are at home and not one shot on target ffs!! Make that no shots on target in 90 mins. Please get rid of this f**king sh*t manager.What does he have to do worse?
Last edited by derick_ipsw on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:23 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:Nearly 40 mins gone we are at home and not one shot on target ffs!!
I

I Wouldn't hold your breath if you are waiting for excitement..Ipswich haven't won an FA cup game since Jan 2010 :(

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Sounds like a cracker of a game , shame i didnt go on such a damp, cold miserable day!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Jack marriot scores for peterborough against villa, apparently villa are intetested in him. We let him go when towns stikers could hit a cows arse with a banjo!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:Nearly 40 mins gone we are at home and not one shot on target ffs!! Make that no shots on target in 90 mins. Please get rid of this f**king sh*t manager.What does he have to do worse?
He is a f**king nightmare., Marcus Evans please this has to be the final straw ffs.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:17 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:Jack marriot scores for peterborough against villa, apparently villa are intetested in him. We let him go when towns stikers could hit a cows arse with a banjo!
He's definitely having a slightly decent spell, but that's all it is. Not even in the same vicinity as Jordan Rhodes. Town were right to offload him. IMO of course. And well done Posh.

There is a very angry man in Chester tonight.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Not to worry people our respected manager was pleased with performance of that shower of sh1t!! :roll:

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Not to worry people our respected manager was pleased with the performance of that shower of sh1t!! :roll:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:25 pm

:oops: Attendance 12057, take off the Sheff Utd fans around 800, so that's about 11'257 which is pretty poor, the fans are staying away in their droves, its all part of a rebellion for the sh*t football being served up, and an owner that couldn't give a toss what's served up.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:39 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
:oops: Attendance 12057, take off the Sheff Utd fans around 800, so that's about 11'257 which is pretty poor, the fans are staying away in their droves, its all part of a rebellion for the sh*t football being served up, and an owner that couldn't give a toss what's served up.
Not really,nobody can be arsed with fa cup games..The player's cant be arsed either.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 pm

I have to hold my hands up to something tonight and that is that I am a hypocrite, I've always prided myself on the fact that I "support" my team as I deem support should be interpreted, getting behind them come what may, cheering when things are not going our way and all that crap, today I unfortunately found my tipping point as for the first time that I can ever remember I joined in with the anti MM songs during the game, I even had a boo at the end of what can only be described as a p*ss poor effort, even by our standards that sunk to new lows today, f**king sh*te !!!! Yes we had a few out but Sheff Utd played virtually a reserve side and still we fail to muster even a single shot on target ? Not f**king One worthy of being called an effort on goal, I mean FFS, it's the FA Cup and I know MM doesnt give a toss about it but 12,000 cared enough to turn up and that is what you all serve up you hopelsess pile of crap !!

I suppose for 15 minutes we looked ok, yes we should have had a penalty early doors after Chambo's header was clearly stopped by a Sheffield players arm but aside from that we got worse and worse and worse, a lack of cohesion throughout, no game plan, Eleven players who seemed to ahve been thrown together and told to go out and give it their best shot, and all this against opponents who made Eight changes themselves !!! I suppose 0-1 at half time gave hope to the Town fans that something cxould still be salvaged but what we had to endure in the second half was f**king tripe of the highest order, players seemingly not even interested, they appeared to not give a sh*t, scared of a tackle or a clash of heads, pulling out of tackles time after time, periods of play where our movement resembled a game of musical statues, it was pitiful in the extreme, im getting to the point where I am sick to death of certain pl;ayers, thay are useless c***s and that is being nice.

Chambers & Knudsen defended ok at times but against what ? A second choice strike force that were crap and not even 100% fit on the day, Connolly who was the pick for me worked manfully throughout and at least looked like he cared while not being afraid to get hurt either, Waghorn looked up for it when he was brought on and tried hard to create sopmething fro the other useless fuckwits around him but it was a thankless task.

Dominic Iorfa has to be one of the very worst players I have seen wear our shirt, p*ss poor defender in all aspects of the art, positionally he is cruelly exposed time and time again, his tackiling is always on the edge of conceding a foul, he has the touch of a rapist whenever the ball is passed to him, going forward he is marginally better but still a headless chicken who has no belief in his ability at all, please just f*ck of back to Wolves you inept pile of f**king crap.

Kevin Bru, the player we dont want, or anybody else for that matter, scared to make a tackle, shits out of everything, couldnt create a ripple in a bath, strides around like a massive crab, sideways and backwards, told he wasn't good enough and now playing, ok injuries haven made it happen but I would rather see a kid in there with some desire than this f**king no good sh*t head, just p*ss off out of our club Bru cus you are woeful.

Freddie Sears, dear old Freddie who was ruined by MM right ?? yeah right, he is an absolute shocking poor excuse of a footballer, every single decision he makes is a wrong one, his movement at times is so funny, at one point this guy standing next to me timed how long he stood in the same spot without moving such was his static approach to the game, I was so pleased someone elsed noticed it, this is a player that goes years without scoring, just f*ck off to Colchester or East Stirling or somewhere, anywhere but here as I am sick of playing with Ten men whenever you are on the pitch you no good pile of crap.

Then we have Didsy, great on his day but at times like today totally disinterested, will go for nowt in the Summer so lets get 250K for him and get rid now, Celina in and out of games, great one minute and couldn't give a toss for the next 20, of course we need to stick with him but he is not a fighter when things arent going well.

Bart, our saviour so often, no surprise to me that Palace have cooled their interest in signing him, if they had seen him today they would have had no interest to start with, we all know he is a great shot stopper but most of the rest of his game is at times rank bad, today floundering around all over the place at times, rushing off his line and getting nowhere near the ball, kick after kick goes into touch, he rolls the ball out and invaribaly plays us into trouble, decision making is poor, even for their goal which was a good strike I felt, along with others that he was so slow to use his feet, this is a common thing with him and take the time to watch him when he has to get down low to his left it is always a weakness, he has an issue there for sure, 4 Million ???? I would take it in an instant.

I suppose the old cliche we can concentrate on the league is true now as we have 15 points to find to stay up, to say I am pissed off after today is an understatement, I ran out of patience with MM following the insulting way he handled cardiff away and while I wished him no harm I felt it was time for change come May, I was wrong, he needs to f*ck off now, I don't want another Five months of this garbage, Bolton away coming up, yes I will be there, a weekend booked and paid for in Sunderland, yes I will still be there, trouble is Mick I don't want you there anymore, enough is enough, I will take my chances with whoever we may appoint but to watch this today was too far, and then to rub salt in the wounds we are losing the game at home and we have a new striker on the bench and you can't even give us at least something to look at with interest by giving him a run out, instead we have to suffer that c**t Sears for the whole game, f*ck ME I could have done better. Everything about today was bad, I actually got satisfaction out of singing "we want a shot" and "your football is sh*t" followed by "what a load of rubbish" Out of character for me but fully justified. Ive just read MM was unhappy with the result but not the performance ??? Is he f**king serious or what ??? JUST GO NOW FFS YOU MORON, stop insulting my intelligence, I backed you McCarthy but not anymore.

Bart (5) Iorfa (4) Chambers (6) Knudsen (6) Kenlock (5) Bru (4) Connolly (7) Celina (5) Hyam (6) Sears (3) Didsy (5)

SUBS :- Waghorn (7)

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 pm

The inept - no shots on target - performance, the threadbare attendance and apathetic atmosphere in the ground plus MM’s bizarre post-match comments, seem to reflect the top to bottom malaise afflicting the club under the current regime. Very sad. :cry:

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Bluemike wrote:I have to hold my hands up to something tonight and that is that I am a hypocrite, I've always prided myself on the fact that I "support" my team as I deem support should be interpreted, getting behind them come what may, cheering when things are not going our way and all that crap, today I unfortunately found my tipping point as for the first time that I can ever remember I joined in with the anti MM songs during the game, I even had a boo at the end of what can only be described as a p*ss poor effort, even by our standards that sunk to new lows today, f**king sh*te !!!! Yes we had a few out but Sheff Utd played virtually a reserve side and still we fail to muster even a single shot on target ? Not f**king One worthy of being called an effort on goal, I mean FFS, it's the FA Cup and I know MM doesnt give a toss about it but 12,000 cared enough to turn up and that is what you all serve up you hopelsess pile of crap !!

I suppose for 15 minutes we looked ok, yes we should have had a penalty early doors after Chambo's header was clearly stopped by a Sheffield players arm but aside from that we got worse and worse and worse, a lack of cohesion throughout, no game plan, Eleven players who seemed to ahve been thrown together and told to go out and give it their best shot, and all this against opponents who made Eight changes themselves !!! I suppose 0-1 at half time gave hope to the Town fans that something cxould still be salvaged but what we had to endure in the second half was f**king tripe of the highest order, players seemingly not even interested, they appeared to not give a sh*t, scared of a tackle or a clash of heads, pulling out of tackles time after time, periods of play where our movement resembled a game of musical statues, it was pitiful in the extreme, im getting to the point where I am sick to death of certain pl;ayers, thay are useless c***s and that is being nice.

Chambers & Knudsen defended ok at times but against what ? A second choice strike force that were crap and not even 100% fit on the day, Connolly who was the pick for me worked manfully throughout and at least looked like he cared while not being afraid to get hurt either, Waghorn looked up for it when he was brought on and tried hard to create sopmething fro the other useless fuckwits around him but it was a thankless task.

Dominic Iorfa has to be one of the very worst players I have seen wear our shirt, p*ss poor defender in all aspects of the art, positionally he is cruelly exposed time and time again, his tackiling is always on the edge of conceding a foul, he has the touch of a rapist whenever the ball is passed to him, going forward he is marginally better but still a headless chicken who has no belief in his ability at all, please just f*ck of back to Wolves you inept pile of f**king crap.

Kevin Bru, the player we dont want, or anybody else for that matter, scared to make a tackle, shits out of everything, couldnt create a ripple in a bath, strides around like a massive crab, sideways and backwards, told he wasn't good enough and now playing, ok injuries haven made it happen but I would rather see a kid in there with some desire than this f**king no good sh*t head, just p*ss off out of our club Bru cus you are woeful.

Freddie Sears, dear old Freddie who was ruined by MM right ?? yeah right, he is an absolute shocking poor excuse of a footballer, every single decision he makes is a wrong one, his movement at times is so funny, at one point this guy standing next to me timed how long he stood in the same spot without moving such was his static approach to the game, I was so pleased someone elsed noticed it, this is a player that goes years without scoring, just f*ck off to Colchester or East Stirling or somewhere, anywhere but here as I am sick of playing with Ten men whenever you are on the pitch you no good pile of crap.

Then we have Didsy, great on his day but at times like today totally disinterested, will go for nowt in the Summer so lets get 250K for him and get rid now, Celina in and out of games, great one minute and couldn't give a toss for the next 20, of course we need to stick with him but he is not a fighter when things arent going well.

Bart, our saviour so often, no surprise to me that Palace have cooled their interest in signing him, if they had seen him today they would have had no interest to start with, we all know he is a great shot stopper but most of the rest of his game is at times rank bad, today floundering around all over the place at times, rushing off his line and getting nowhere near the ball, kick after kick goes into touch, he rolls the ball out and invaribaly plays us into trouble, decision making is poor, even for their goal which was a good strike I felt, along with others that he was so slow to use his feet, this is a common thing with him and take the time to watch him when he has to get down low to his left it is always a weakness, he has an issue there for sure, 4 Million ???? I would take it in an instant.

I suppose the old cliche we can concentrate on the league is true now as we have 15 points to find to stay up, to say I am pissed off after today is an understatement, I ran out of patience with MM following the insulting way he handled cardiff away and while I wished him no harm I felt it was time for change come May, I was wrong, he needs to f*ck off now, I don't want another Five months of this garbage, Bolton away coming up, yes I will be there, a weekend booked and paid for in Sunderland, yes I will still be there, trouble is Mick I don't want you there anymore, enough is enough, I will take my chances with whoever we may appoint but to watch this today was too far, and then to rub salt in the wounds we are losing the game at home and we have a new striker on the bench and you can't even give us at least something to look at with interest by giving him a run out, instead we have to suffer that c**t Sears for the whole game, f*ck ME I could have done better. Everything about today was bad, I actually got satisfaction out of singing "we want a shot" and "your football is sh*t" followed by "what a load of rubbish" Out of character for me but fully justified. Ive just read MM was unhappy with the result but not the performance ??? Is he f**king serious or what ??? JUST GO NOW FFS YOU MORON, stop insulting my intelligence, I backed you McCarthy but not anymore.

Bart (5) Iorfa (4) Chambers (6) Knudsen (6) Kenlock (5) Bru (4) Connolly (7) Celina (5) Hyam (6) Sears (3) Didsy (5)

SUBS :- Waghorn (7)

Wow, actually read that twice Mike.

As you are an ardent supporter, when you have given up on a manager it's safe to say MM has lost his core supporter base.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Yup, if Mike turns that's it. Total condemnation.

I listened to the match while driving and it sounded pretty dire. I also listened to the phone-in and was interested to hear one caller say that rather than motivate, direct or cajole his team, MM stood motionless (and probably emotionless) against the dugout for most of the second half. MM's subsequent radio interview then beggared belief. His comments were so bizarre, I wondered if he was talking about the same match.

To my mind he's given up and lost interest and the sooner he goes the better.