Some of what we learned this weekend.......

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Some of what we learned this weekend.......

Post by loudnproud » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:38 pm

Now before i start I have to say that i got the impression that those that were speaking to me wanted to do so knowing that i would not divulge their names........some are serious investors,some are on the board and some work in the offices. I am a listener and enjoy their company for after all we are all fans of this football club.......

Did you know for example that when Joe Royal was appointed and the then directors and DS our chairman were given assurances by BFJ that if they shut down the academy and redirect the funds to him he will guarantee promotion.......Pleased that one good decision was made back then!!

DS sold this club believing that in ME he had secured the clubs future to a man who wanted to promote his interests. everyone was happy...."were fecking loaded..." and all that....remember? DS now is nearly a broken spirit......He blames himself for our current plight. and i do feel for him, He loves this club as much as we all do. Any one of us in his position would have done the same.

Marcus Evens is running this club as a business first and a football club second. EVERYTHING and i mean everything from the players contracts to the amount of loo rolls has to go past his desk. Fans believe he is not investing into this club.....Oh he is, When he took over our season ticket sales were just under 20k,Now they are half that and falling....The lost revenue is being ploughed in by ME.......money that should be spent elsewhere ie playing staff.

Now lets go back to RKs sacking and an example of MEs inexperience of all things football. When a manager gets dismissed he usually either gets a one off compo deal or continues to get paid unless the said manager finds re employment as a manager. No one off payment was offered to RK who quite happy collected his monthly wage. More funds leaving the club...less to spend on playing staff.

Its well documented that a certain Harry Redknapp and ME are talking buddies.....Harry put the idea into MEs head about Jewel. Jewel took the job with alot of persuasion . It did become clear that Jewel felt he was not up to it and offered his resignation which was turned down by ME until a replacement could be found.....ME and Jewel got on great and still do, It was Jewel who when asked by ME that he was looking at asking McCarthy was advised by Jewel...."Jump at the chance"...

McCarthey got Klugg back to the academy. MEs policy was for MM to seek out lower league players and bring them on for he is not forking out millions for over inflated players....MM selects the player as a target......ME does all the contract stuff. wondered why too many of our assets have been allowed to have their contracts run down.....

Many of us believe that MM has out lived his stay at this club and want him gone.....It is believed that he will go should there be another offer on the table elsewhere. This feeling is also shared within the club. ME will be asking MM to reconsider, more importantly he will ask MM for his thoughts on a replacement............This is the worrying bit... MM has very little time for us fans and we have an owner who still knows very little about football.....Is MM going to stitch us up?

This summer is going to be sh*t or bust for this football club. Whoever ME appoints it has to be right......Some of the managerial names that some fans have put forward is beyond belief.......None of them will come and work under the restraints ME will impose.

Our only way out is for a very wealthy person who wants a football club to promote their own persona or business and buy ME out......To be fair,their are plenty of other clubs who are a much better attraction at present, Either that or for ME to be prosecuted by the south americans and have it taken from him.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Some of what we learned this weekend.......

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 pm

loudnproud wrote:This is the worrying bit... MM has very little time for us fans and we have an owner who still knows very little about football.....Is MM going to stitch us up?
Nice write up, LnP.

Regarding the part above. An overwhelming "NO" from me. That's primary school Shyte. Mevans may not know a lot, but there must be others within the club who can advise on possible Mick McCarthy "ideas". Sorry, but definite no on that one.